[RELEASE] War Of The Immortals 2: Promotion Wars

I can't thank you enough for this mod Tommy, it is wonderful. I'm booking TNA atm and setting up a feud for Bryan Danielson vs. Dean Malenko (what a dream match!) I've also changed the X-Divison Title to floating and am setting up a headlining feud for AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels over the belt.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why thank you.

One thing to keep an eye on if you're playing as the NWA is the first month of the national battle - if WCW/nWo come in 3rd place, they're in big trouble. Classic and Attitude can sustain a few third places but WCW/nWo has a weak foundation at the international level.

And if WCW/nWo drops to Cult, that opens up a spot (and lots of workers) for the NWA. You could even accelerate WCW/nWo's decline with a war and some well placed dirty tricks ;)

HELL YES.

Where's mike_b? I figure he'd be chomping at the bit to get a taste of this. Then again, maybe he's downloaded it and is playing already.

edit: Look in the database at the narratives...#13 is a definite "laugh out loud" moment.

OMG

I just got home and seen this. Tommy has made my whole friggin day:)

Soooooooo Sweeetttt

Thanks Tommy once again for this Classic Mod.

Ok i have made up my mind and im going to run with the AWA 1st time out. Oh Tommy you should have never given me hints on how to take down the WCW/NWO heh heh.

An extremely small note, Abyss's finisher is called The Black Hole rather than Black Hole Slam :) . I also think Abyss' stats are a bit low, I would've thought he'd be a B+/A in resiliance and menace and atleast a B- in hardcore, he was awesome a few years ago with all the hardcore matches he put on.

Nah, no title pic pack for this. I don't really think it's worth the effort, if someone else wants to make one they're more than welcome.

It's not at all a problem, Mr. Canada's MCD mod has a pic pack with quite a few of the titles necessary for those that are interested. It contains pretty much all the needed WWF/E belts, NWA, AWA, TNA and ECW.

Thanks again for the mod Tommy.

I'm sticking with Jack Bauer, there's never been a more legendary user character.

Goldberg doesn't think so, he got mad at Jack (me) for daring to give him a stern warning for bringing down WCW/NWO's name by getting caught with roids.

He then didn't like jobbing to Eddy Guerrero as punishment, he is still champion though.

I've gotten Goldust and CM Punk so insanely over in the NWA it's almost silly.

Goldust just beat Flair for the NWA title at the Crockett Cup. His overness in the mid Atlantic region in like 100 after feuding with both Ric and his dad.

O' and I have my Nixon using the "evil incarnate" gimmick managing The Koloffs. "These two commie bastards are going to kick your ass!"

Is this mod pretty darn well balanced compared to the other real world mods?

Its a classic mod. But its not a real world mod per say. It uses real wrestlers set in an alternate universe were wrestlers from diff eras are all wrestling in there prime. But to answer your question,yes i think so.

Is it well balanced compared to the CornellVerse?

NOTHING can be as balanced as the Cornell verse. Tew is not Realy geared towards real life wrestling.

But i will say this Tommy has done a Excellent job of capturing both the classic style of wrestling and modern style. It is to me as good as DOTT which in alot of players minds was a damm good mod. I know im having damm good fun playing as the AWA and reliving that 70s and early 80s style of wrestling.

Oh and a note to Tommy.

In my saved game i aged back several of the retired wrestlers so they could be full time wrestlers again. Hey i had ta have Gorgeous George in the game in the AWA i just had to.

But wrestling century i would give it a try trust me you will have fun.

I've gotten Goldust and CM Punk so insanely over in the NWA it's almost silly.

Goldust just beat Flair for the NWA title at the Crockett Cup. His overness in the mid Atlantic region in like 100 after feuding with both Ric and his dad.

O' and I have my Nixon using the "evil incarnate" gimmick managing The Koloffs. "These two commie bastards are going to kick your ass!"

Lol...good idea for Nixon :). Just out of intrest are you having Goldust actually use the Goldust gimmick, or is he working as Dustin Rhodes?

Archived