Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

When in full mount, and your opponet has you held down by the back of your head... How do you posture up to throw down strikes?

Small transition, was it from top to left, and maybe also from left to top, with the right stick. And then bring down the hammer!

As soon as I figured that out I began pounding people out. before that I just controlled them and threw some weak, basic American wrestler I control the match by laying on top and seeming to do something that might hurt him and win by decision, ground-and-pound.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Small transition, was it from top to left, and maybe also from left to top, with the right stick. And then bring down the hammer!

As soon as I figured that out I began pounding people out. before that I just controlled them and threw some weak, basic American wrestler I control the match by laying on top and seeming to do something that might hurt him and win by decision, ground-and-pound.

AHHHH, it's right to down....

Well I was getting over 100 pts for a KO and Sub in the same session vs around 80 pts for one sub. This is Experienced lvl with the final sparring partner.

I have no proof to back it up, but anecdotally, I do think Knockdowns/KO's increase the point tally in focused sparring, if for no other reason, if your sparring partner is getting rocked, he isn't tagging you, which I believe deducts points.

so was 100 points your total when you KO'd them and subbed them? I too am on the experienced difficulty (2/4). I'm not trying to argue I'm just curious since I would obviously like to know the best way to spar.

so was 100 points your total when you KO'd them and subbed them? I too am on the experienced difficulty (2/4). I'm not trying to argue I'm just curious since I would obviously like to know the best way to spar.

yeah over a hundred for a ko and submission. 80to 90 for one sub. Can't quite pull off two subs at that level against the final sparring partner, even with rank 3 Kimura.

I thnk the added points from the KO isn't the KO itself, but from mixing up strikes.

its kinda of a cheat but if u want to know read on

best way to get points is to run in and suplex ur opponent, stand up and rain down punches and kicks and try to land every punch with out being blocked, reversed, submitted, or hit back. if he gets up just repeat. if u want any more tips i found http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981301-ufc-2010-undisputed/54942398 a great tutorial. also if u search the forums theres some really great submission techniques. like u can hold down the r3 depening on ur skill level release the r3 and spin the stick slowly and see if the cam is zooming in and if does spin faster. if it stays the same press r3 again, and if it starts to zoom or or ur energy is to low release the hold. well i hope i helped.

has anyone enjoyed playing online? i tried a sparring session with my friend and hated it. i destroyed him but the speed was so slow...

has anyone enjoyed playing online? i tried a sparring session with my friend and hated it. i destroyed him but the speed was so slow...

I enjoy it against people that have decent connection speeds. If there's lag, then it's fairly painful to play.

That is the method I use and get between 120-155.

Actually had a cool KO today since most of them seem lame, knocked out the AI in career mode with a spinning back elbow.

i tried this all the time, i play it on easy just to get used to the game play and the highest i ever got is 109, but before that it was 73. i usually get in the 60's on a good match. my worse days i get in the 30's. i cant even believe i got that high of a score it was pear luck i slammed the guy 3 times and stunned him and i applied a submission and got it and then i got another sub right before the end of the fight i had a 109-1 score against him i was shocked he usually hits me 2 to 3 times a match.

thats why you dont get many points because you play on easy so you are getting .6 point modifier (before injury status or sparring partner level) due to the difficulty

i new having it on easy would hurt me with sparring. i really wanted to test the game out because i didnt enjoy the first game. but after going through the career almost completely im enjoying it. im going to start playing on expert after this career i hope its not to hard, i dont want to lose every fight lol.

• 5 weeks later...
So I downloaded the demo of this and considering buying the game, just wondering a couple of things. I've played my brother probably about thirty times now and we've both had matches against the CPU and so far not a single fight has gone the distance and only one even made it to the third round (and ended with one punch right at the start of it). What seems frustrating is the amount of flash knockouts; literally every match if we just play normally will end up with someone suddenly being KO'd. So I'm wondering, is it possible to turn off these flash KOs...I presume not, which leads me to the more sensible question, is this just a symptom of the fact that neither us played the first one and are basically just learning it as we go along (and we do defend, not just swinging wildly lol), or do the vast majority of fights end with sudden knockouts. Because I can see why that would appeal to some but personally it has been overkill so far and if that's just the way things always go I probably won't shell out for the real thing.

So I downloaded the demo of this and considering buying the game, just wondering a couple of things. I've played my brother probably about thirty times now and we've both had matches against the CPU and so far not a single fight has gone the distance and only one even made it to the third round (and ended with one punch right at the start of it). What seems frustrating is the amount of flash knockouts; literally every match if we just play normally will end up with someone suddenly being KO'd. So I'm wondering, is it possible to turn off these flash KOs...I presume not, which leads me to the more sensible question, is this just a symptom of the fact that neither us played the first one and are basically just learning it as we go along (and we do defend, not just swinging wildly lol), or do the vast majority of fights end with sudden knockouts. Because I can see why that would appeal to some but personally it has been overkill so far and if that's just the way things always go I probably won't shell out for the real thing.

There are two ways of it happening.

If you fight it like a real UFC fight, then no, there aren't as many flash KO's, because you're not throwing as many power punches and just brawling with the guy.

But, unless your me, most wind up fighting with the scenario of brawling with power punches and takedowns, just trying to win the fight. So yes, the more you injure your opponents, the faster the Flash KO comes.

Yeah...I'm sure it isn't pot luck but that's kind of what it's felt like when neither has really had the upper hand. It just doesn't seem like there's any real punishment for going in with big strikes, which kind of irks me when it says there's an arcade mode and a sim mode, I'm playing simulation and it feels arcadey as heck. I like it when you get rocked and go to ground and the other guy has to try to finish you off, but one hit KOs that lay a guy unconscious from the off...I just would rather that they weren't there or if they were they were much rarer even when both guys are going all out.

Yeah...I'm sure it isn't pot luck but that's kind of what it's felt like when neither has really had the upper hand. It just doesn't seem like there's any real punishment for going in with big strikes, which kind of irks me when it says there's an arcade mode and a sim mode, I'm playing simulation and it feels arcadey as heck. I like it when you get rocked and go to ground and the other guy has to try to finish you off, but one hit KOs that lay a guy unconscious from the off...I just would rather that they weren't there or if they were they were much rarer even when both guys are going all out.

As best I can recall, at least from the first one, your stamina plays a part in it as well. It is easier to get KOs on someone who has punched themselves out.

As best I can recall, at least from the first one, your stamina plays a part in it as well. It is easier to get KOs on someone who has punched themselves out.

Yeah this would make sense. I just had a match where first round was basically just leg kicks, second round I was on top controlling it (we were trying to make the fight last the distance), then my brother throws one head kick third round and its over lol. Is there definitely no way to like, turn them off? Because if fights just ended on submissions, proper KOs when you knock someone down then kill them dead, and decisions, I'd be all over this right now, but every fight feels like it's just meaningless until someone hits that lucky big shot.

edit; we finally made it to the end of a fight and every judge scored it 28-28, a unanimous draw. That has confirmed for me that I will not be buying this game. Still, had a lot of fun considering it was a demo, might rent it or something.

• 4 weeks later...
So I bought this in the end. And after two days of playing, there seems to be a glitch where the game crashes if it goes to decision. Twice in the space of three fights, went to the judges and after the first judge's score was revealed, it just stops. Cannot believe it as well as the fights were an amazing trilogy and we'll never know what really happened, but is this something anyone else has experienced or know a way around? Bought it on amazon so returning it (if even possible) will be difficult and if I have to live knowing no fight can ever ever ever go to decision I'm gonna be real unhappy.

Archived