Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess because Dana White doesn't want to give him any royalties for using his likeness.

They don't even get royalties as such...they get a flat fee for signing away their lifetime image rights and a small fee for the game which is paid around the time that they go and do the body scans and any promo work etc. So if he was in that would already be done and dusted.

It's a shady deal, but what can you do, not sign it? Good luck with that :D

Goldy and Rogan (so I'm told) get decent money from the game (more than the fighters, anyway) because it's their actual voices, making them voice actors, whereas for the most part, it's only a likeness of the fighter that appears.

I'm actually quite interested to know what happens to the image rights of a fighter like Semtex who has been axed from the UFC...

In the words of Jimbo Jones: "I look forward to wailing on all of you."

Or, very possibly, being wailed upon.

I still haven't been able to end a fight via doctor's stoppage. The fight has been paused while the doc checks, but no stops yet.

Same here, just have had the doctors come in and check.

Only thing I've noticed is that when it gets really bad, a few more punches to the same area and they're out. I may have to leave the area alone for a bit and then go back I guess.

I read the new Developer's Q&A, one of the producers said that you have to use "cut-inducing strikes" in order to get a stoppage. Which I guess means that my strategy of cutting a guy with a standing elbow and then taking him down so I can do some half-guard down or side mount punches to his cut won't get a stoppage. It does, however, make the cut look bad and it leaves a lot of blood on the mat.

It comes out tomorrow (or tonight at midnight I guess) and I can't wait.

You could also use my old excuse...tell them you have a vision problem.

"Yeah, uh, I don't really see myself coming in today."

I also attempted to convince the young saleswoman at Blockbuster to sell it to me early. She some how caught a hold on my genius plan...

"Can I have the game please ?"

"No."

"Mmkay"

I also attempted to convince the young saleswoman at Blockbuster to sell it to me early. She some how caught a hold on my genius plan...

"Can I have the game please ?"

"No."

"Mmkay"

Who would have ever thought anyone could penetrate that deft logic?

So, which mode are you guys going to dive into first? I'm tempted to jump right into some multiplayer, but the promise an improved career mode has me ready to make my CAF and get started. Plus, it would be handy to learn some of the newer stuff offline first.

I definitely want to make a BJJ badass and give him a sweet gogoplata.

Is there a list of said-aloud names/nicknames for your CAFs?

Things to look out for:

Mazukazu Imanari

Tatsuya Kawajiri

Kazuo Misaski

Katsunori Kikuno

Joakim Hansen

Hiroyuki Takaya

Barnettu-chan

Basically I want to remake DREAM's LW/FW division. Also Misaki and Manhoef. And Imanari. Can I do that?

Is there a list of said-aloud names/nicknames for your CAFs?

Things to look out for:

Mazukazu Imanari

Tatsuya Kawajiri

Kazuo Misaski

Katsunori Kikuno

Joakim Hansen

Hiroyuki Takaya

Barnettu-chan

Basically I want to remake DREAM's LW/FW division. Also Misaki and Manhoef. And Imanari. Can I do that?

I haven't done CAF yet, but someone posted a list of the nicknames here. Guess I'll be verifying these tonight.

http://www.ufcgaming.com/showthread.php?t=7

Compiled a list of alot of the well known guys with those nicknames in the post above. All will be able to be made just because of manual imput names, but it'd be cool of some of the last names and stuff are available too. Sokoudjou probably won't for sure though :D

Seth 'Mass Destruction' Kleinbeck

Gilbert 'El Nino' Melendez

'Ruthless' Robbie Lawler

'Shaolin' Vitor Ribeiro

Matt 'Suave' Horwich

'The African Assassin' Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

Ryan 'The Irish Assassin' Healy

Bryan 'The Beast' Baker

Mark 'The Beast' Epstein

Leigh 'Bulldog' Remedios

Alistair 'Demolition Man' Overeem

Gilbert 'The Hurricane' Yvel

Norifumi 'Kid' Yamamoto

Muhammad 'King Mo' Lawal

Ian 'The Machine' Freeman

Mark 'The Machine' Hominick

Kevin 'The Monster' Randleman

Xavier 'Professor X' Foupa-Pokam

Jason 'The Punisher' Lambert

Josh 'The Punk' Thomson

Alexander 'Storm' Shlemenko

Eugene 'The Wolf' Jackson

Dan 'Torture' Chambers

Some of them are a little give and take though, like Professor X, just change it to Professsor, King Mo just gets changed to King, Irish Assassin to Assassin, so on and so forth.

Mere videogames cannot simulate the awesomeness that is Imanari. :D

On a serious note, something that really narks me about the UFC game (and the Smackdown game while we're at it) is that every time you create a guy, you have to play the entire career mode with him to get the stats up to a decent level.

They put enough slots for what, 20+ (maybe more, I have no idea off the top of my head) CAW's in the latest Smackdown game...do they expect people to play the same [expletive removed] career mode 20+ times, or hundreds of regular matches, just to get your created fellas some decent stats so that the CPU Carlito isn't kicking out after two F-5's?

UFC 2009 was even worse, because unless you played through the horrible career mode, you couldn't improve your fighter at all (at least to my knowledge). It basically meant that taking on Brock Lesnar with a created Fedor on expert, without doing the full career, was almost impossible. Mind you, it was nigh-on impossible to create anything even remotely resembling a decent look-a-like on that game anyway, so it's kind of a moot point....

Surely they realise that the whole point of CAW/CAF is to make all your favourites who are not in the game, and that only the loneliest of people will sit through a boring career mode 20= times?

I've got tons of great looking CAW's on the newest Smackdown (including some pretty fresh TEW ones) that I've never even used in game for this exact reason.

Rant over :D

Are they enough people to make a solid GDS fight camp? It said they can consist of up to 40 people, but I doubt we have 40 360 and PS3 users each that will have the game

It's probably best to wait until the weekend to begin asking that, as most members from UK and Europe won't have the game until then. I have no problem setting up an official GDS PS3 camp if there are enough people interested though.

It's probably best to wait until the weekend to begin asking that, as most members from UK and Europe won't have the game until then. I have no problem setting up an official GDS PS3 camp if there are enough people interested though.

Sounds interesting. Hope you do.

I know I would be interested for sure. I always like to play with good, intelligent people. PSN ID is trashbear01.

Is anyone going to make any WMMA CAFs? Li-Kong Ho 4 Life.

Archived