Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

IGN posted their review...Greg Miller, the Smackdown super-fanboy, wrote the review. He gave it a 7.8, and his major complaint to me seemed to boil down to the fact that he's not very good at the game and doesn't really understand the nuances of MMA.

It's two hours from 10AM here in the States, and I'm just killing time until then. That's when GameStop opens.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I think the IGN review was pretty bad.

But still, least the game is finally here!!

Do you guys think we will have a league on here? Im not sure if I want to start one because I havent ever tried one.

If I did, how many of you guys would join an Xbox league?

I'd possibly be down for a 360 camp/league/something.

Gonna kick y'all asses with my Crusher CAF.

e: The IGN review seems to boil down to a guy who knows nothing about MMA trying to review and play it. It's game for MMA fans. You should probably know a thing or two

Shaq is supposedly in the game as an unlockable according to MiddleEasy. Shaq-Fu time baby!! :D

The other unlockables are the 3 guys from Tapout (code input, not by doing certain things in the career) and also BJ Penn in black trunks.

I'd be down for joining a GDS camp on 360.

Gamertag: fallingstar333

I'll be picking up my copy in a little over an hour, can't wait! Stupid THQ derailed my plans to have it at midnight. . . friend of mine owns the local Play N Trade franchise so I do all my video game shopping through him; when he didn't get in the copies of 2010 yesterday for their midnight sale, he contacted his supplier and was told that only Game Stop locations were receiving the game for midnight sales. Thanks to Game Stop, not only do I not get to whoop ass as Big Country, but I had to wait another 12 hours to get the game when my vacation started yesterday! :mad:

I'm awaiting UPS knocking on my door.

I'll get about 3 hours of play time, then have to leave to have wrist surgery, and won't be able to play for like 6 weeks. I expect you guys to have lots of interesting conversation about the game to keep me occupied. :p

I'm awaiting UPS knocking on my door.

I'll get about 3 hours of play time, then have to leave to have wrist surgery, and won't be able to play for like 6 weeks. I expect you guys to have lots of interesting conversation about the game to keep me occupied. :p

I'm waiting on the same thing, then I get about an hour or so then I gotta go to work :(

Gotta admit I am dissapointed by career mode, they said it would be alot different as to how you train your guy and seems exactly the same, trying to balance training and sparring basically raising your str asap so you can KO your sparring partner to get the most points

edit: almost forgot to post a positive, greco roman, my new favorite thing about the game. its not flashy but man early on in career mode pushing guys up against the cage and beating them up is just to fun. my Matt Hughes/Tito CAF may turn into a Couture

which speaking of, kinda surprised but not a big one as to why Xtreme Couture isnt a camp/sponsor in the game. I doubt Randy's contract has something about that in it to EA since he signed that deal before the MMA games were even in development. however UFC just might have wanted to eliminate all Couture likeness to avoid any issues

Okay the thing I don't get this year is....

1) How do I get out of a submission move? (the usual button mashing doesn't work)

2) my stats are all 70 and above (Skills) but yet I can't take down anyone and it takes me an hour to get someone off of me.

Can anyone help?

X-Box 360 user

Okay the thing I don't get this year is....

1) How do I get out of a submission move? (the usual button mashing doesn't work)

2) my stats are all 70 and above (Skills) but yet I can't take down anyone and it takes me an hour to get someone off of me.

Can anyone help?

X-Box 360 user

Same as last year and same way you execute submissions. Get your shine on.

Yay...my order has been despatched by Game and in the hands of ParcelForce, fo with next day delivery i get my game tommorow. Cant wait.

Where are you at? In Europe? My retailer in Finland still states that the product is waiting to be received to their stock.

Yay...my order has been despatched by Game and in the hands of ParcelForce, fo with next day delivery i get my game tommorow. Cant wait.

I got that email from GAME as well a few hours ago.. im hoping its here tomorrow so I can get on it after my exam in the morning.. but im content to wait until Friday..

I got that email from GAME as well a few hours ago.. im hoping its here tomorrow so I can get on it after my exam in the morning.. but im content to wait until Friday..

Everyone (well, everyone who ordered from GAME at least to get the pre-order stuff) had their order dispatched today. If you chose special delivery, you'll get it tomorrow, if not, your future is in the hands of the Royal Mail.

Those guys never screw up though, right? ;)

well has anyone player it yet? i made my first caf and have to say i was impressed with the features. only thing i didnt like was they u pick ur moves (if u did it ur self) it should of been broken down a lot more. well after i got done creating my caf i fought kimbo and won but i have a feeling thats going to a lot harder to fight anyone else. kimbo is just to slow and easy in the game. i know he sucks but he didnt have to be the worse fighter...

The career mode really is pretty much the same, at least the core experience is. They added some new stuff, but it's not a big change. However, I didn't really hate it in the first game, so I'm okay with it.

I've had a lot of trouble getting matches online. Only got to play one, and it was super laggy. Maybe server overload?

But in that one match...can I say how much I hate people who only pick the best fighter in each division? Like I'm impressed that it took you three rounds to beat me with Anderson Silva. I understand you want to get your rank up, but I get bored fighting the same super awesome fighter over and over again.

...but he was the worst fighter in the UFC HW division by an absolute country mile.

Who (out of the HW's in the game) should have been better than him?

well ok he is the worse fighter but couldnt they upped something so he could atleast have a chance against another brawler? i player with him against a lil 8yr player mirko and he knocked me out within a minute...hes just way to slow at blocking and dodging (which i know he is realistically) incorporated with his glass chin they put on the game which should be better. he's probably the easiest guy to knockout in the whole game.

by the way do u have to pay for the add on to play online with camps?

Thats the same as me, exam (Statistics) in the morning and then my next/last exam is on June 8th. So i have a while to just play UFC/TEW. Although im not content to wait until Friday, i want it ASAP :p

well ok he is the worse fighter but couldnt they upped something so he could atleast have a chance against another brawler? i player with him against a lil 8yr player mirko and he knocked me out within a minute...hes just way to slow at blocking and dodging (which i know he is realistically) incorporated with his glass chin they put on the game which should be better. he's probably the easiest guy to knockout in the whole game.

by the way do u have to pay for the add on to play online with camps?

You don't have to pay if you bought it new. There's a code on the back of the booklet that 'unlocks' the online capabilities. If you buy it used, I hear that you'd have to purchase that on the online marketplace (with PSN $ or MS Points)

You don't have to pay if you bought it new. There's a code on the back of the booklet that 'unlocks' the online capabilities. If you buy it used, I hear that you'd have to purchase that on the online marketplace (with PSN $ or MS Points)

$5 if you get it used.

Yeah, that's what I've seen. This only applies to sports games right? Or is that only for EA?

I think EA said it was just sports game, i think.

Im pretty sure THQ are just trialing the system, im pretty sure i read that.

Archived