The GDS RTL League: Sign-up/Discussion Thread

Character Name: SGRaaize

Short Name: SGR

Birth Month: February

Birth Year: 1990

Bio: A Portuguese who decides to join the Wrestling Community, his gimmick is of one who loves Portugal and hates America with passion, mocking it as hard as he can

Size: Middleweight

Wrestler Style: Technician

Bias: Heel

Nationality: European

Based in: Europe

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English: Fluent

Spanish: Fluent

French: Passable

Japanese: None

German: Basic

Italian: Passable

Personality: Very Nice

Attitude: Driven

Employment: Normal

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroids: No

Has Problems With the Law: No

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): No

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: Yes

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!")

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): Yes

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): No

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): No

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): Yes

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): No

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): No

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North 12

West Central 9

Southeast 6

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland

South

EUROPE

Western 24

Central 21

Eastern 18

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

Signature Move: European Uppercut

Finisher: Portugal Lariat, Portugal Clutch (A Double Hooked Rolling FaceLock Clutch) and a Portugal Pain (Elevated Boston Crap with both knees on the opponent's head)

So, I'm pretty much a Portuguese-Driven Ric Flair

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SGR, you're only allowed one finisher to start. You'll have to pick one of the three to keep.

There's only one choice then...

PORTUGAL LARIATTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pffft.

I am shy. :p

Yeah can I use the chick?

I'de love one with red hair but, eh!

The one with red hair and clown make up doesn't work? `cause I'm pretty sure I used to date her. Crazy as all get out, but when she used to break out the seltzer bottle ... I've said too much. :p

Pffft.

I am shy. :p

Yeah can I use the chick?

I'de love one with red hair but, eh!

What did you have in mind?

I did one for Remi you could use

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Remi/rem12.png

or you can flip through these http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Remi/

You are more than welcome to the one pointed out earlier as well.

What did you have in mind?

I did one for Remi you could use

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Remi/rem12.png

or you can flip through these http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Remi/

You are more than welcome to the one pointed out earlier as well.

Ohhh That is PERFECT! I love the makeup around the eyes too!!!!!

You are so totally awesome. :p

*ponders*Wonder why I was scared of him.

Scared of me? Why on earth would anyone be scared of me?

I'm intimidated by all the males on here. :p

I'm seriously pretty shy and quiet irl. So you guys scare me. :D

Character Name: Diamond

Short Name: Diamond

Birth Month: December

Birth Year: 1984

Bio: No one knows what Diamond's real name is. The only information that anyone has gotten about her is that she was tapped to become the League's first female competitor after watching her take out a crowd of twenty men in one of England's rowdiest pubs on a "Bottomless Cup" night, when asking for a ride due to a flat tire.

It should be noted, though, that it wasn't because of brute strength--it was a cold, calculating plan to make everyone she faced become violently ill as they spun in circles, trying to catch the fleet-footed Diamond. That speed is what she hopes will propel her into the global spotlight.

Size: Lightweight

Wrestler Style: Cruiserweight

Bias: Heel

Nationality: UK

Based in: US

Spanish: Fluent

French: None

German: Basic

Italian: None

Personality: Manipulative

Attitude: Normal

Traits (yes/no)

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding:No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): Yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): Yes

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): Yes

POPULARITY

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West 21%

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec 12%

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast 24%

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku 6%

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands 18%

North

Scotland

South

EUROPE

Western

Central 9%

Eastern

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move: The Jawjacker (Spinning back kick)

Finisher: Diamond in the Sky (Swanton bomb)

Because, good sir, you effin rule.

...I'll just get my hat now.

Sometimes it's the simplest answers that make the most sense.

And I lost my hat, what happened here?

I'm intimidated by all the males on here. :p

I'm seriously pretty shy and quiet irl. So you guys scare me. :D

Except me, right? Since I'm less an intimidating male presence and more ... real live muppet? :p

You are one of the ones that scare me the most, right up there with Derek.

Wow, really? Derek I can understand, `cause he's a big meanie poopie head, but me? I'm so sweet and adorable and innocent. :D (And no matter how much proof you find on these forums showing otherwise, I will maintain innocence! lol)

Wow, really? Derek I can understand, `cause he's a big meanie poopie head, but me? I'm so sweet and adorable and innocent. :D (And no matter how much proof you find on these forums showing otherwise, I will maintain innocence! lol)

Well I don't know about adorable as you don't have pics posted in that one thread. :D so I can't say. :D

BUT you are nice, I think....:p

Character Name: Breaker

Short Name: Breaker

Birth Month: August

Birth Year: 1986

Bio: (Note: I've had this bio for him since '07, and I wasn't quite as good or experianced a writer then as I am now. His story has stayed unchanged, though.)

This tough Alabamian was literally born on the streets. His mother was a homeless person, that whored herself out for any bit of a living. One day, during the whoring, the condom slipped off, and Breaker came to be. For the first 11 years of his life, he was being "Trained" by her to grow up to be a Male Whore. He fought her every step of the way, however, and ended up running away to keep himself from living her lifestyle. He ran for miles, and when he finally thought he was far enough, he starting dreaming. Dreaming of a large house, and a family. Dreamed of happiness, dreamed to be better then what his mother had become. These dreams where shattered over the next two years, as everyone he came across simply beat him. He did not wish to fight back, though. But one day, the now-13-year-old was pushed too far. Someone he thought he trusted blinded him with a Bright Glow-In-The-Dark Powder, and left him while he boarded a train to New York City, that they where supposed to both get on.

Eventually, his vision came back, which was a miracle in his own right, because his eyes where filled with it so much that it looked as if Bright Blue was his natural eye-color. He decided that would be the end of it. He ran towards the next person he could find, someone that beat him up before, grabbed up an Iron Pole, and bashed there head in. For the next two years, he would be on a mission to get justice from everyone that has wronged him. Everyone that hurt him was either injured...or killed. At the age of 15, he became the youngest person to somehow end up in a Backyard Promotion called "Horrorfest". It was a Shoot-Wrestling Promotion, so he was able to dish all the pain he wanted too. He did this for years, and this was the only way he made money for some time. Until he was 20, when the Promoter of WWX, World Wrestling Xistance came to a show. After his match, the Promoter was very impressed, and asked him if he wished to come to his promotion, which at the time, was Semi-National. This seemed like Breaker's big chance, so he agreed. However, after only a few promo vids that showed him doing Insane things, he had a falling out over the fact that he stiffed someone at a House Show.

While WWX was in the past, his name was out there in the Professional Wrestling World now..

Size: (pick one)

Middleweight

Wrestler Style: Psychopath

Bias: Face

Nationality: American

Based in: US

Spanish: Basic

French: None

German: Fluent (Oddly enough..)

Italian: None

Personality: Driven

Attitude: Professional

Traits (yes/no)

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: Yes

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): Yes

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): Yes

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): No

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): Yes

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): No

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State (24%)

Mid-Atlantic

South East

Mid-South (21%)

Great Lakes (12%)

Midwest

South West

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia (18%)

The Maritimes

Ontario (9%)

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland (6%) (Word of mouth is badass nowadays..)

South

EUROPE

Western

Central

Eastern

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move: 99 Crusher (A move named in the SVR games, this is basically a Fisherman's DDT, with a bit of a twisting delivery)

Finisher: Dream Breaker (Starts out as a Backbreaker with excessive force - causing the opponent to bend backwards, and transitions from there into a lightning quick Fallaway Slam)

Will update sign-up thread later tonight (when a PC is available). Hoping to get most of the moves/movesets thrown in tonight, as well as webpages and such. If not tonight, then definitely over the weekend. Also as a reminder, I believe Jaded and Greg McNeish still need to finish applications. I have schedules made up for the current group of twelve, with schedules in reserve if we get more (I'm trying to be ready for everything). Right now, the season will last for 14 weeks, plus 2 "playoff" weeks regardless of entrants. That will put the championship match on or about September 17, if we start on June 4 as planned. If the majority of you want to start early, we can, but I'd still need those apps finished ASAP. Thoughts?

Will update sign-up thread later tonight (when a PC is available). Hoping to get most of the moves/movesets thrown in tonight, as well as webpages and such. If not tonight, then definitely over the weekend. Also as a reminder, I believe Jaded and Greg McNeish still need to finish applications. I have schedules made up for the current group of twelve, with schedules in reserve if we get more (I'm trying to be ready for everything). Right now, the season will last for 14 weeks, plus 2 "playoff" weeks regardless of entrants. That will put the championship match on or about September 17, if we start on June 4 as planned. If the majority of you want to start early, we can, but I'd still need those apps finished ASAP. Thoughts?

Is there a limit on moves we can start off with? And I've noticed that people are taking different numbers of special traits too. Those can be pretty important given the way the league is set up, so there should probably be a limit on them so that people aren't tempted to just set them all to "yes". :)

Archived