Renderers Challenge

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are being jerks. Hellshock shouldn't have to defend making a render request thread when there isn't one. :mad:

I'm on board. Post your request here and I'll try and help fill them out. I'm no Clarity in the rendering department, but it's a start. :)

You guys are being jerks. Hellshock shouldn't have to defend making a render request thread when there isn't one. :mad:

I'm on board. Post your request here and I'll try and help fill them out. I'm no Clarity in the rendering department, but it's a start. :)

What do you mean he shouldnt have to defend the thread, I have yet to see him post a render that he made in either daz or Poser, I've seen him cut a picture from a game, that does not count as a render, There shouldnt be a render request thread unless the renderers themselves want one, I dont remember you helping us with the one from 08 or even doing renders from 05 or 07. I'm also curious how long you will do this since you seem to shift from project to project alot.

What do you mean he shouldnt have to defend the thread, I have yet to see him post a render that he made in either daz or Poser, I've seen him cut a picture from a game, that does not count as a render, There shouldnt be a render request thread unless the renderers themselves want one, I dont remember you helping us with the one from 08 or even doing renders from 05 or 07. I'm also curious how long you will do this since you seem to shift from project to project alot.

Wasn't rendering in 2005 and 2007. Sorry about 08'. :D

That said, I'm here now. And you're right, I can't fulfill everyone's request on my own. So if some other renderers would be willing to help that would be great. You all do some amazing stuff, why not help out those that can't do it but love the game? :)

Have you ever been the little kid that goes to a wrestling show and tries to get an autograph from your favorite wrestler and he turns you down?

Anyone who has had that happen knows that deep hurt you felt then.

In the end that little kid becomes a fan of someone else who did gave them an autograph.

Believe it or not, thats how some people in the forums feel.

In my 15 years of active wrestling I've never turned down an autograph and one moment made sure my outlook would never change. That was when a 4 year old autistic child touched my painted face. No fear, just astonishment. She believed it was my real face.

I'm still new to this and while I'm open to the idea of requests. Some very strict rules and guidelines would have to be laid down and followed for it to have any chance of being done. One of the main things I could see would be not to get too down to the wire about how you want it to look because:

1. It might not be possible.

2. The more creativity a renderer has the more likely said person is to take a stab at the "challenge"/ request.

Thank you. ^_^

That was just me talking, not any kind of official ruling. I've mellowed recently. If I'm in a good mood and read a request, there's a possibility that I'll give it some thought, should the idea tickle my fancy. Again, that's me. Ultimately, you're right, we don't dig requests. We've got our own stuff going on and y'all should be grateful for whatever scraps we give you. ;)

+1

Assuming that Stacy Keibler request is serious, I'll give it a shot. :)

how about this defense. it says renderers challenge not renderers request and also if you look at the top of the mods list. what does it say for reapers thread: belt renders

hmmm maybe every render is a render. and claiming character renders as the sole proprietary for the use of the word "renders" is ..... (insert your own finishing statement)

Have you ever been the little kid that goes to a wrestling show and tries to get an autograph from your favorite wrestler and he turns you down?

Anyone who has had that happen knows that deep hurt you felt then.

In the end that little kid becomes a fan of someone else who did give them an autograph.

Believe it or not, thats how some people in the forums feel.

In my 15 years of active wrestling I've never turned down an autograph and one moment made sure my outlook would never change. That was when a 4 year old autistic child touched my painted face. No fear, just astonishment. She believed it was my real face.

First, awesome story.

Second, I've said it before, I'll say it again. We don't owe anyone anything. We're not entertainers. We're hobbyists. We render for fun and our own personal goals. Non-renderers should be thankful you get anything, because you're entitled to nothing. If you don't like it, pick up Daz and learn to do it yourself. It's not that hard.

Third, I'll be surprised to see this thread stand the test of time, but I'm not going to fight it. The artists who support it will support it. Those who don't, won't. Maybe it'll get enough support. Maybe it won't. I'm happy to sit back and see how it plays out.

Fourthly, if you're not opening Daz or Poser or one of those other rendering programs, you're not making 'renders'. Photoshopped belts? No. Gimp'd alt pics? Nope. Not renders. This isn't a term invented on these boards. It's an actual technical thing.

This isn't a term invented on these boards. It's an actual technical thing.

Then what is the proper term to be all inclusive? I'm talking renders, belts, fed logos, banners, show logos and everything else.

and I know what render means:

Render or rendering may refer to:

* Rendering (food processing), process for separating fats from other organic materials

* Rendering (computer graphics), generating an image from a model by means of computer programs

o Non-photorealistic rendering, focuses on enabling a wide variety of expressive styles for digital art

o Volume rendering, used to display a 2D projection of a 3D discretely sampled data set

o Scanline rendering, algorithm for visible surface determination

o High dynamic range rendering, allows preservation of details that may be lost due to limiting contrast ratios

* XRender, or Render, an X Window System rendering extension

* Artistic rendering, creating, shading and texturing of an image

* Rendition (law), surrendering or turning over a person or property, particularly from one jurisdiction to another

* Stucco, or Render, a coating of an aggregate, a binder, and water used on walls and ceilings or for decoration

* Render: Spanning Time with Ani DiFranco, video by Ani DiFranco

* Video renderer or DirectShow

it can also be applied to getting an X-ray

If you don't like it, pick up Daz and learn to do it yourself. It's not that hard.

^This. Seriously, pick it up, find a few skin textures or make your own, get some morphs and watch some youtube tutorials. I only got Daz under a week ago and I've churned out plenty of (admittedly hit and miss) renders. Anyone who has ever made a CAW in a Smackdown game could give it a good go.

Then what is the proper term to be all inclusive? I'm talking renders, belts, fed logos, banners, show logos and everything else.

"Pictures" or "Images" made by "Artists" would probably do the trick.

It should also be noted that rendering is really popular right now. These past few weeks we've had tons of artists cranking out exceptional work with startling frequency. This is abnormal. I doubt it's going to last.

First, awesome story.

Second, I've said it before, I'll say it again. We don't owe anyone anything. We're not entertainers. We're hobbyists. We render for fun and our own personal goals. Non-renderers should be thankful you get anything, because you're entitled to nothing. If you don't like it, pick up Daz and learn to do it yourself. It's not that hard.

Third, I'll be surprised to see this thread stand the test of time, but I'm not going to fight it. The artists who support it will support it. Those who don't, won't. Maybe it'll get enough support. Maybe it won't. I'm happy to sit back and see how it plays out.

Fourthly, if you're not opening Daz or Poser or one of those other rendering programs, you're not making 'renders'. Photoshopped belts? No. Gimp'd alt pics? Nope. Not renders. This isn't a term invented on these boards. It's an actual technical thing.

I think that's totally fair. ^_^

On my part I'll do what I can when I can. I actually think this discussion was good though because it allows people to see what upsets others and consider that when requesting a render. :)

So if anyone has a request post it here. If someone is interested I'm sure they'll get around to it. ^_^

It should also be noted that rendering is really popular right now. These past few weeks we've had tons of artists cranking out exceptional work with startling frequency. This is abnormal. I doubt it's going to last.

and i can't remember which one of the guys with a forum at the top is having computer problems. But I accept my own challenge of trying to fill any request that I can.

We may not have a need as much for characters but none of you can deny that Liamo, Kam, Reaper and JesterX are swamped and anyone who can take pressure off of them might be appreciated.

Reaper was loaded up so much that I asked him to move my request to last. And he gave me some samples to play around with.

I think that's totally fair. ^_^

On my part I'll do what I can when I can. I actually think this discussion was good though because it allows people to see what upsets others and consider that when requesting a render. :)

So if anyone has a request post it here. If someone is interested I'm sure they'll get around to it. ^_^

It's also helped to better define the rules in an attempt to appease as many as possible.

On the other hand, it does mean that the inevitable TEW 2011 or 2012 will feature a stunningly large number of workers. :)

And yes I can't do my own original character renders but i can supply other items.

from post #3

This plainly states an intention for other items and not just characters but has suffered from attacks by people who do characters.

and i am more than willing to fill any request that I have the ability to do.

That's you in your picture? WHAT COOL FACE PAINT. I'm damn impressed. Also by how cute your dog is.

Thats me but I've only used this style once.

My dog is part husky. His mother was half lab and half great dane. He came out looking like an Australian Sheppard (so i've been told) with a tail that has hair 7+ inches long and he has a lab's webbed feet.

I catch an excellent breeze when he wags in the summer. :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5814_1095385105938_1265904147_30226202_5351302_n.jpghttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5814_1095385025936_1265904147_30226200_3893950_n.jpghttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5814_1095384985935_1265904147_30226199_5694884_n.jpghttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5814_1095385065937_1265904147_30226201_7630885_n.jpghttp://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs327.snc3/28984_1288185925838_1265904147_30636281_4698613_n.jpg

all of these are me over 15 years ^

I'd be scared of you if I ran into you in the paint if I saw you on the street. Not like the time I saw a dude who looked like a leper (Have you ever seen anyone with massive open wounds, just walking around like it's nothing? You want to go take a shower after...) but like "ho**** he could beat me up at any time."

In closing, nice look. A+

I'd be scared of you if I ran into you in the paint if I saw you on the street. Not like the time I saw a dude who looked like a leper (Have you ever seen anyone with massive open wounds, just walking around like it's nothing? You want to go take a shower after...) but like "ho**** he could beat me up at any time."

In closing, nice look. A+

not so nice when my hair was set on fire. i'm going to post a video somewhere of a match from September 2009 where i appear in the the last 17 seconds to hand in the belt. it was a cross promotion show and the match was ending right when I was coming out of the back with the belt that was misplaced.

I highly doubt i would be high on anyones list to make an interpretation of me for a render but I'll post as many pics of workers from North Carolina and surrounding areas as I can. I have friends on myspace and facebook with many a unique look that might appeal to some. :D

A few might even be lucky enough to be known.

from post #3

This plainly states an intention for other items and not just characters but has suffered from attacks by people who do characters.

and i am more than willing to fill any request that I have the ability to do.

I though we'd established on page one that the original intent of this thread was that it was meant to be a catchall and was just poorly named? Why is this still an argument?

But so as not to derail it any further...

Here is a character request I got via PM last night for a character named Sasha Wright. I think a different skin color might work out better, but was pretty specific. :)

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6127/sashawright.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like this render. Perhaps not so much the skin colour needs changing. But maybe some darker roots or highlights, and she can have the whole Shakira thing going on. :)

EDIT: I'd also like to second the awesomeness of hellshock's orange and black face paint. :D

1. I though we'd established on page one that the original intent of this thread was that it was meant to be a catchall and was just poorly named? Why is this still an argument?

But so as not to derail it any further...

2. I like this render. Perhaps not so much the skin colour needs changing. But maybe some darker roots or highlights, and she can have the whole Shakira thing going on. :)

3. EDIT: I'd also like to second the awesomeness of hellshock's orange and black face paint. :D

1. I thought so too. :p

2. She is great and I like the idea of the Shakira thing. :D

3. I was heel that night. And the "Tony the Tiger" chants are something I might never live down with the boys in the back. :eek: LOL

Archived