Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

Sorry. Apple products like to auto correct my typing. :(

Season 1 just finished which ends with the ending of the first book.

I hate reading a book then watching it because I point out all the differences and can't enjoy it.

With game of thrones only a few minor things like ages of a few younger characters which actually makes more sense.

I've seen websites dedicated to some funny autocorrects, but I won't link 'em here due to non-PG content. That's an entertaining translation, but I've seen earnest conversations take an interesting (and weird) turn towards sexual realms because of the friggin' Auto Correct. That tool is a godsend of hilarity. Technology is obviously brilliant, recognizing the value of entertainment in the machinations of daily life.

I've heard that about season 1 of GoT, I'll at least try to get that read before diving into the show.

Finished The Avengers. They are going to air more right? I'm gonna be super mad if the series ends on a cliff hanger!

As far as I know new episodes are still coming out. I think they are on the second season which I have DVRed but haven't started watching. Really cool show.

I've seen websites dedicated to some funny autocorrects, but I won't link 'em here due to non-PG content. That's an entertaining translation, but I've seen earnest conversations take an interesting (and weird) turn towards sexual realms because of the friggin' Auto Correct. That tool is a godsend of hilarity. Technology is obviously brilliant, recognizing the value of entertainment in the machinations of daily life.

I've heard that about season 1 of GoT, I'll at least try to get that read before diving into the show.

I actually go through DYOC. I love that site. They have a few offsites that they do too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Makes me feel less bad about my mistakes. :D

Anyway, Avengers are still suppose to be airing new shows.

I don't watch TV much though so Eh..

As far as I know new episodes are still coming out. I think they are on the second season which I have DVRed but haven't started watching. Really cool show.

According to Wiki, the last episode aired is the same episode as the last one on Netflix which was the season finale of season 1 and that aired back in April I think.

According to Wiki, the last episode aired is the same episode as the last one on Netflix which was the season finale of season 1 and that aired back in April I think.

What was the last episode called that you watched? I have 7 episodes of The Avengers from the most recent run that I haven't watched yet. The last one aired on June 26th, called "A Day Unlike Any Other." Man I should really watch those.

A Day Unlike Any Other was the last episode.

Ah, I see. Did it say anything about the show being picked up for a second season? They keep putting out some decent cartoons like The Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Evolution, G.I. Joe Renegades but they never stick around very long.

Does anybody else here watch Eureka?

IMO, it's a very well written show with a likable cast. It could possibly be my favorite TV show going on right now. Breaking Bad starts this Sunday, so that might be up for debate soon.

:)

I love Eureka. Usually on a show there is at least one regular character that I can't stand with Eureka I like all of the main characters. Just wish they would have Zoe come back for more episodes.

In regards to AMC, I just would like to say screw you AMC. Why do you have to bring Breaking Bad back right now? I have like five different things I watch on Sunday at 10, now I am somehow going to have to fit that in as well...

Ah, I see. Did it say anything about the show being picked up for a second season? They keep putting out some decent cartoons like The Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Evolution, G.I. Joe Renegades but they never stick around very long.

According to wikipedia it says there are 56 episodes with only 26 aired so far. So HOPEFULLY, season 2 happens with the remaining 30. The cliffhanger is awesome and has me waiting for more.

Wolverine and the X-Men was a casualty of the Disney/Marvel merger. At least that's the way I've always understood it. Since the cartoon was a Nickelodeon(NickToons) product, I imagine it was a sticky situation. I LOVED it though. I hated how they teased the Age of Apocalypse at the end and then it never got picked back up.

X-Men Evolution at least had a proper ending, still, it was a quality show. It's also on Netflix, so after I watch X-Men TAS and Spider-Man TAS, I'll watch that one.

I've never watched GI Joe Renegades though.

I actually go through DYOC. I love that site. They have a few offsites that they do too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Makes me feel less bad about my mistakes. :D

I don't know what DYOC is, but DYAC is the site I was referring to.

I'll chalk it up to auto correct wreaking havoc and bringing further joy once again :D

I don't know what DYOC is, but DYAC is the site I was referring to.

I'll chalk it up to auto correct wreaking havoc and bringing further joy once again :D

Fml..I really wish I could choke the auto correct guy...:(

Rescue Me final season starts tonight, who's excited?

I'm happy, but will miss it. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Mortal Combat Legacy

Does anyone else watch this show. They are short like 12 min long mini episodes but they friggin rock.

Wish the director of these had more time because episodes are really good and not bad cast either. The actress from star trek voyager the one who played 7 of 9 plays the part of Sonya Blade.:)

Here is the link to episode 1 from you tube. they have all 9 episodes so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

My efforts to bring home a Fringe DVD were thwarted YET AGAIN by the evil forces of "We're Sorry, We Appear To Be Outta That!" - better known throughout the world as WSWATBOT, the most despicable force to hit this Earth since Cobra.

:mad:

I was able to bag Dennis The Menace: The Complete Second Season though, so the day wasn't a total loss.

Does anyone else watch this show. They are short like 12 min long mini episodes but they friggin rock.

Wish the director of these had more time because episodes are really good and not bad cast either. The actress from star trek voyager the one who played 7 of 9 plays the part of Sonya Blade.:)

Here is the link to episode 1 from you tube. they have all 9 episodes so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

Episodes 8 ,9 and 10 a must watch

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how many Simpsons fans there are but if anyone is interested The Shape is currently holding sign-ups for a Simpson themed Mafia game which you can find here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510568.

It should be a fun game and if you like the Simpsons and have wanted to try a Mafia game out now would be the perfect time to do so.

Also, does anyone watch the US version of Wilfred on here? I saw a few episodes of the Aussie version and I think the American version is just as good if not better than the original verison.

• 4 weeks later...
Dear CBS,

I did not watch Two and a Half Men when Charlie Sheen was on it. Now that you have replaced him with Ashton Kutcher, I am going to avoid that show like the Bubonic Plauge. And no amount of hype will make me change my mind.

Respectfully yours,

BHK1978

Dear CBS,

Because you have annoyed the hell out of BHKZ1978 I have to start watching your show.

Respectfully yours,

MLT

In all seriousness I really hate that they wait MONTHS in-between seasons for shows. Game of thrones usnt do to air season 2 till Spring of 2012. It's why I never watch Tv. I hate waiting.

In all seriousness I really hate that they wait MONTHS in-between seasons for shows. Game of thrones usnt do to air season 2 till Spring of 2012. It's why I never watch Tv. I hate waiting.

Maybe they expect you to watch other shows until then? :p

Though I get you, waiting for the new season of Always Sunny was pretty strenous.. even though their seasons start every September. I just like it that much. Speaking of which, the season premiere last week was succulent.