The Dog Pound (The other mistake on the lake)

Dang. Didn't win and my promo didn't make the cut either.

Oh well. There's always next show.

As for this one, great setup and delivery by everyone involved. I'm excited about the future of The Dog Pound.

But be warned: ANB 2K10 will be ready next month.

Dang skippy!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the grades are pretty okay, since we all started "momentumless". Although the "bad things" from the matches make it look awful, it reads like a really good and entertaining show. It's nice to see that you wrote only the neccesary but left out nothing important. I'm looking forward to the next show.

And I'll send Karl-Heinz your congratulations, I'm sure he'll be thankful, though he won't admit it. ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed it. the Dog Pile match was surprisingly fun to write. I felt a little overwhelmed by it at first, but once I started it flowed pretty well.

One thing I forgot to mention I need everyone who's reading (or who is involved) to give me your vote for best promo of the night. The winner will recieve a 2 point boost in the stat of their choice (you can't vote for yourself, or your tag partner...or your client.) Have fun boyz can't wait to start the next show.

Glad everyone enjoyed it. the Dog Pile match was surprisingly fun to write. I felt a little overwhelmed by it at first, but once I started it flowed pretty well.

One thing I forgot to mention I need everyone who's reading (or who is involved) to give me your vote for best promo of the night. The winner will recieve a 2 point boost in the stat of their choice (you can't vote for yourself, or your tag partner...or your client.) Have fun boyz can't wait to start the next show.

I vote for Self:o

Stiil cool first show

What about the King of Cleveland championship.

:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D

OK...quick thoughts:

• Great show. Loves the match write up (the good, the bad, the end etc) because it gave you a good feel fior what happened without being too wordy. And there was more PBP for the longer matches. Perfect.

• Really liked the promos by The Juice (you NEED some kind of catchphrase to push you over the top ;) ) and Derek B. I have to say my vote for promo of the night goes to derek b though because that gimmick/character is just so damn original.

• We need some faces to go with all these bad ass heels. Someone create a hometown boy called The Cleveland Steamer asap. :)

Hey guys if possible let me get you to send your votes here It's on Survey Monkey.

I voted for the Juice, gotta appreciate anyone who takes the time to write a good promo and get a tag team up and running. :) Thanks for the votes for me too guys, it's always good to know that my ideas are appreciated... especially when it's one of the shortest promos I can ever remember writing. :)

Now time to start thinking about the next show. Got lots of potential ideas and it's gonne be fun to see what I can come up with. A hint towards what we can expect on the next card would be good for anyone who doesn't have a strong idea of what's coming. :)

Great show. Did not expect a grade above F for any match I was ever in, so that's a plus. I am pleased that I was one of very few people to actually improve.

Just one request: After each show, can we get an update on any changed pushes? No need to worry about the people who didn't change, but if someone moves up or down the card, that is kind of big news.

Guest KingOfKings
I voted for the Juice, gotta appreciate anyone who takes the time to write a good promo and get a tag team up and running. :) Thanks for the votes for me too guys, it's always good to know that my ideas are appreciated... especially when it's one of the shortest promos I can ever remember writing. :)

Now time to start thinking about the next show. Got lots of potential ideas and it's gonne be fun to see what I can come up with. A hint towards what we can expect on the next card would be good for anyone who doesn't have a strong idea of what's coming. :)

Thanks man that means alot :D ... I actually voted for you so I guess it works out both ways!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stryfe" data-cite="stryfe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27986" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great show. Did not expect a grade above F for any match I was ever in, so that's a plus. I am pleased that I was one of very few people to actually improve. <p> </p><p> Just one request: After each show, can we get an update on any changed pushes? No need to worry about the people who didn't change, but if someone moves up or down the card, that is kind of big news.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah my plan is to just keep updating the roster page accordingly.</p><p> </p><p> How do people feel about having a them for every event. For instance this one was the Dog Pile match, so what gimmick/theme could we use next or is that a Russo idea?</p>

I reckon a straight-up basic show would work for now. Something simple to get us into the swing. I'm not against giving every event a theme later on, but for now the concept is novelty enough. Let's settle into our characters before working the single night tournaments or stable wars stuff.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27986" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I reckon a straight-up basic show would work for now. Something simple to get us into the swing. I'm not against giving every event a theme later on, but for now the concept is novelty enough. Let's settle into our characters before working the single night tournaments or stable wars stuff.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. Just straight face/heel matchups and we'll worry about stables and such later.</p><p> </p><p> And mad said that he wanted us to throw out some ideas and such, so here's one I thought of today:</p><p> </p><p> Since the name of the company is "The Dog Pound", we need to have a massive steel cage match or an elimination chamber-type deal for a title sometime. </p><p> </p><p> One month we'll fight it out for spots in the chamber, and the six who win go into a main event elimination match. Winner will go in the chamber last, loser second to last, and so on. The next month the actual "Pain in the Pound" match will happen. </p><p> </p><p> Puns abound in this one: the holding chambers are called "pens" or "kennels" and the actual fighting will take place in the "pound". Winner is the "Top Dog". </p><p> </p><p> That's my grand match idea for a title sometime in the future. What do you guys think?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27986" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah my plan is to just keep updating the roster page accordingly.<p> </p><p> How do people feel about having a them for every event. For instance this one was the Dog Pile match, so what gimmick/theme could we use next or is that a Russo idea?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you going to update worker pushes</p>

Archived