Storyline Help...

Wasn't sure if this should've went in the Dog Pound or not. But, since it is game related (kinda) I figured it could go here. Anyway...

OK, so you've got a huge, 6 months + storyline in mind. Face athority figure is taken out of action by a "mystery attacker" (yes, that old chestnut) forcing the Board of Direction/Stockholders/That group of people you never see but are always able to overule an authority figure decide that they have "no choice" but to install a heel authority figure.

Band of faces group together, seeking venegance. Leads to blow off match, heels win for heel authority figure. Yadda yadda, face Champion in trouble, looks like he's gonna lose title, after being away for 6 months, face authority returns from his injuries, ready to lay down the law. Leads to second blow off match, with face authority's representative winning, finally ending the storyline.

A bit cliched, but plenty of possibilities for twists and turns along the way, and of course elevating whoever is revealed as the mystery attacker. My main problem? What kind of action takes out the face authority at the start of the storyline?

I mean, being run over by a car is a bit cliched in the wrestling world. Blowing up a limo is a bit familliar. As it a scafolding collapse. So yeah, I'm turning to you guys for a bit of creativity. Can anyone help give me that one big angle that kicks off the whole storyline with a bang? Could really do with some suggestions from the GDS community on this one. :)

Viral or bacterial meningitis. The mystery attacker sneezed or bled on him/her.

The method fits (lot of bodily fluids flying around in a wrestling promotion), timeframe fits, being out fits too (you don't want him/her around your healthy workers).

DDT (or other martinete) down stairs in the arena causing concussion and/or coma.

Immigration. Mystery attacker snitched to DHS on the authority figure, uncovering a recently expired visa. Authority figure deported until a new visa could be obtained (typically six months is the worst case scenario).

Have the face authority figure be drugged. Could take that a number of different directions :)

I like this one. If the authority figure also wrestles some, you could even use the Hypodermic Madness storyline from DOTT to kick this whole cycle off.

Some good ideas. Certainly food for thought. The immigration one is very creative.

Anymore? The more ideas the better.

Have the authority figure "vanish" on a nice walk for some ice cream or apple pie.

Have the authority figure goe on holiday and not return. For 6 months.

Have the authority figure be thrown downstairs by the mystery guy.

Or simply have the authority figure beaten to a bloody pulp.

Unless you have to keep the face Authority Figure off screen for some reason (Gimmick change) or feel like giving him a long vacation he'll want screen time.

So here's what I got. The face Authority figure is attacked by the main heel and hit over the head with a "steel" chair (or large foreign object of your choice). The Authority figure gets amnesia and forgets who he is and what he's supposed to be doing.

With this you cna keep the face authority figure on screen and run some pretty funny angles about face workers trying to remind him who he is. If you want before you have the heel authority figure being installed have a number of the heels take advantage of the now amnesiac face authority by having him sign things allowing them title shots or title rematches for lost titles they don't deserve. Have heel trying to convince him that he actually doesn't like the faces on the roster but he;s really their best friend. The scenarios are endless for the mind erased authority. Hell you wouldn't even need the mysterious "board of directors" an enterprising Heel worker could convince the forgetful face authority to sign over duties of running the company to him.

Give the face authority a secret the heel threatens to expose. He stands down and sticks around in the shadows leading to the heel being appointed.

Blow off match with the face's rep winning and the heel then revealing this big secret. This then builds into a new story with how the face and the face's rep deal with this earth shattering secret. That's 12 months of storyline gold right there ;)

For this you'd have to give the guy a long vacation or something.

The face GM simpley dissappears. No message, no nothing, so the powers-that-be appoint the only man capable of running the show, the heel GM. During the 6 months the face GM is away you have the main face worker/s investigating the disappearance in angles (interrorgating other workers, watching CCTV, ect), having matches against folks they think are hiding info, ect, always coming up with dead ends.

Then you have a ceremony which appoints the heel as permanant GM (having been interim GM for 6 months). The face worker/s interupt the heel making his acceptance speech after being awarded full GMship, bring out the face GM who's dressed in filthy ripped clothes with a massive beard. He explains how the heel GM & his lackeys have had him locked up in a basement for 6 months.

With the true GM now uncertain those 'higher-ups' demand it is sorted out in a series of matches, yadda yadda yadda

hometown emergency and the face authority has to leave... his private jet is hijacked by the leading heel and maybe his manager.. a small struggle ensues right after liftoff he is thrown from the plane and ends up breaking his back/legs and it takes him 6 months to recover.. he can do angles from his hospital room/home to keep him active on the show.. he returns to book himself as the special guest ref...you decide the outcome of the lead face/heel match to end the storyline

Or how about the face authority decides to make himself the guest referee in a gimmick match (say inferno) in the blow off for a big feud. During the course of the match he ends up getting set alight by accident (you could play it as the face doing it by mistake but then revealing he meant to etc).

You then see the face authority cutting promos about his return periodically in a darkened room avoiding showing his face. When he returns he's under a mask with a new twisted personality eventually turning heel (think two face and you get where I'm coming from)

My personal favorite and one I used with a valet in a similiar fashion in a diary is a 'kidnapping' i.e Authority Figure is taken hostage by someone(s) who may or may not have an agenda in common with your main villian.

That way you keep the authority figure out of action, but can bring him on camera periodically as the kidnapper taunts other wrestlers, presumably main event allies of the authority figure.

Archived