A Music Discussion Thread

Big Roguey

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I've always preferred Jesse over Howard, mainly because all of Killswitch Engage's songs sound the same with Howard.

But Adam and Jesse have written quite an album for Times of Grace. "The Forgotten One" is an acoustic track on there, and its pretty great.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have like a set playlist of music they listen to when they are going through things like ;

• A break-up
  • Receiving bad news
  • Receiving good news
  • Just doing things about the household or workplace

I've found that when I recieve bad news or go through a break-up, I tend to go 180 from the music I listen to (Escape The Fate, Against Me! and others) to bands such as Los Campesinos!, We are Scientists and Ok Go.

Does anyone have like a set playlist of music they listen to when they are going through things like ;

• A break-up
  • Receiving bad news
  • Receiving good news
  • Just doing things about the household or workplace

I've found that when I recieve bad news or go through a break-up, I tend to go 180 from the music I listen to (Escape The Fate, Against Me! and others) to bands such as Los Campesinos!, We are Scientists and Ok Go.

me and my long time girlfriend split for about a year and i found a song that summed up everything for me which was Katatonia - Gone

sounds a tad cliche but i was really going through a downfall and this song summed up everything found my taste in music changed as well to melodic stuff like Jesu and Sigur Ros, it had a happy ending though we're back together and have a little boy now, but still my music changes alot with my mood

me and my long time girlfriend split for about a year and i found a song that summed up everything for me which was Katatonia - Gone

sounds a tad cliche but i was really going through a downfall and this song summed up everything found my taste in music changed as well to melodic stuff like Jesu and Sigur Ros, it had a happy ending though we're back together and have a little boy now, but still my music changes alot with my mood

I'm the same. If i'm in a good mood, I'll listen to really bouncy indy stuff, whereas if I'm in a bad mood, I tend to listen to more emotional music.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I want to rant. Typing from my phone so...deal with it!!

I don't watch tv nor listen to much music anymore.

I must say that Soulja boy should really be slapped in the face with a crow bar a few times!

He's new song, what a piece of s*it he is. I know this may not mean much to those that are not from the US, but from someone who has family and friends in the military I find this son of a b*tch to be about as useful as a mop on shag carpet.

So I want to rant. Typing from my phone so...deal with it!!

I don't watch tv nor listen to much music anymore.

I must say that Soulja boy should really be slapped in the face with a crow bar a few times!

He's new song, what a piece of s*it he is. I know this may not mean much to those that are not from the US, but from someone who has family and friends in the military I find this son of a b*tch to be about as useful as a mop on shag carpet.

I find this post to be degrading....to SHAG CARPETING!!!!!!!!

I agree 1000%

...pretty sure when my grandfather recieved a Purple Heart in WW2 (or three of my uncles were serving in Vietnam) they weren't fighting for this crap...

Makes me more sad than angry to be honest...sad that he's not the only person out there that feels that way.

I find this post to be degrading....to SHAG CARPETING!!!!!!!!

I agree 1000%

...pretty sure when my grandfather recieved a Purple Heart in WW2 (or three of my uncles were serving in Vietnam) they weren't fighting for this crap...

Makes me more sad than angry to be honest...sad that he's not the only person out there that feels that way.

My grandfather had a purple heart after taking shrapnel to the stomach.

I'm sad that folks do tend to degrade the troops, but to hear someone do do it through music that many children listen to. Makes me want to throw all the haters into a building and light it on fire. But that's just me I'm evil.

My grandfather had a purple heart after taking shrapnel to the stomach.

I'm sad that folks do tend to degrade the troops, but to hear someone do do it through music that many children listen to. Makes me want to throw all the haters into a building and light it on fire. But that's just me I'm evil.

Phillipines...1944...the feul tank (for his flamethrower) my grandfather had on his back was nipped by a stray sniper bullet, it burst before he could completley remove it...

Maybe Soulja Boy could go to Syria and release a video...oh wait, they'd gun him down in the middle of the street in less than 30 seconds...

Think that's what bothers me the most...In parts of the world people are killed for standing up to oppresive regimes...In America this guy will make a million for yelling **** all the troops

Ok...I'm done...enough ranting...I'ma go play some TEW now

• 3 weeks later...
saw The Descendants at Reading Festival not too bad, loving Mastodon at the moment which is weird because i never l liked them years ago, how taste buds change

That happened to me with the Misfits. When I was younger all I ever heard was Danzig era Misfits and the crappy recording quality really put me off. Then I heard the Graves stuff and fell in love. Now I like it all.