A Music Discussion Thread

Big Roguey

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure a single member can bring the show back to GNR standards. I loved them when I was younger. (I grew up during the hair band days)

The only live experience I have of GNR is videos. Don't go there to compare it to GNR, let it stand on its own merits. Its a Slash setlist not a Guns setlist. It is an amazing show, thats even though Myles could barely sing due to being sick.

The only live experience I have of GNR is videos. Don't go there to compare it to GNR, let it stand on its own merits. Its a Slash setlist not a Guns setlist. It is an amazing show, thats even though Myles could barely sing due to being sick.

It would be easy to do that had I not been around for the original GNR.

I will look into it though. :D

The reason Paul McCartney isn't the King Of Pop:

:p

Also, on the Jackson/McCartney theme, didn't they apparently have a falling out back when Jackson bought the rights to part of the Beatles' back catalogue? Shame if true, because I'd have liked to see what they could do together in the studio. "The Girl Is Mine" is one of my favourite songs by either, and I'm an especially huge MJ fan.

Okay if there are any Genesis fans on here, which version do you like better the Peter Gabriel led Genesis or the Phil Collins led Genesis?

Personally, I like the Phil Collins led version better. To me the Peter Gabriel version was a little to artsy for me (All though I do like Peter's solo work.).

Okay if there are any Genesis fans on here, which version do you like better the Peter Gabriel led Genesis or the Phil Collins led Genesis?

Personally, I like the Phil Collins led version better. To me the Peter Gabriel version was a little to artsy for me (All though I do like Peter's solo work.).

They were both decent versions. I prefer Phil Collins though.

Phil Collins in Genesis, Peter Gabriel as a solo artist.

And MJ is the King of Pop because, all due respect to Paul McCartney, as great as he was and still is, MJ was on another level in terms of engaging people, his vocal abilities, and his pure performance. He's the greatest performer of all time. How do you top that?

Just listened to The Chronic for the first time in a long time. Dr. Dre is awesome.

Phil Collins in Genesis, Peter Gabriel as a solo artist.

And MJ is the King of Pop because, all due respect to Paul McCartney, as great as he was and still is, MJ was on another level in terms of engaging people, his vocal abilities, and his pure performance. He's the greatest performer of all time. How do you top that?

Just listened to The Chronic for the first time in a long time. Dr. Dre is awesome.

While at the carnival last night they had a live local cover band. They did some Eric Clapton, Rick James, Rolling stones.

They even brought out some Carry on my wayward son.

I had a blast. Just figured I would share that with ya'll :)

Oh yeah. Anyone who doesn't like Dr, Dre is a moron. :D

New Vanilla Ice cd coming out in September!

*prepares to get pelted with rocks*

When I was in Jr. High School, he was the king (along with MC Hammer) and then Jim Carrey did that parody of him on In Living Color and everybody in my school turned on him.:D

When I was in Jr. High School, he was the king (along with MC Hammer) and then Jim Carrey did that parody of him on In Living Color and everybody in my school turned on him.:D

I've liked him for as long as I can remember. I was born in 87, so I was pretty young when he got big. I'm not sure what it is about him, but I've always been a fan. Even his nu metal cd gets quite a lot of play in my car.