The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Hmm, so my laptop has been overheating like crazy the past couple of days playing The Witcher 2 and NBA 2k15, and it's never really done anything like this before. My GPU climbed up to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit after just 20 minutes of TW2 .. does anyone know anything about this, or know of a place where I could maybe find out what's wrong? I have an aversion to contacting Acer because I feel they'll try and milk some repair money or something out of me. It's fine when I'm not playing games, I'm just not sure why it's happening all of a sudden.

Could I just need to clean my fan?

Hmm, so my laptop has been overheating like crazy the past couple of days playing The Witcher 2 and NBA 2k15, and it's never really done anything like this before. My GPU climbed up to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit after just 20 minutes of TW2 .. does anyone know anything about this, or know of a place where I could maybe find out what's wrong? I have an aversion to contacting Acer because I feel they'll try and milk some repair money or something out of me. It's fine when I'm not playing games, I'm just not sure why it's happening all of a sudden.

Could I just need to clean my fan?

I think Acer has excellent customer service. I haven't done anything with them in years, but I've had to replace laptops for people before and they are extremely content with replacing it (or they used to be). What type of laptop do you have? That's a lot of hardware under a tiny hood with very limited cooling. Those type of games that require that much processing power is going to make that machine work overtime. Completely possible that a fan shut down because of that.

So i've gotten back into Prison Architect recently and just received my first Legendary prisoner

Christopher Ward. Only 20 but sentenced to 94 years in jail for a combination of murders, GBH, aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer and perjury.

He was in my jail for 3 hours....

I've dipped in and out of Prison Architect for ages, but I haven't touched it in a while. I guess it's time to try it again.

WWE2k15 is also on GMG now. This changes things. With the coupon it becomes 36$, which is money I'm willing to give, even it I'll just play it for a few hours (and I will). Add mods to the occation and I might even have fun. :p But the realisation came to me that I followed the full year of RAW so I might have more fun than I think. If you don't know the characters there's no fun to be found if the engine is meh.

I've dipped in and out of Prison Architect for ages, but I haven't touched it in a while. I guess it's time to try it again.

I had it since Alpha 6 (over 2 years ago) and burnt myself out. It's got much better now that it's added things like Legendary prisoners, death row, parole etc

I think Acer has excellent customer service. I haven't done anything with them in years, but I've had to replace laptops for people before and they are extremely content with replacing it (or they used to be). What type of laptop do you have? That's a lot of hardware under a tiny hood with very limited cooling. Those type of games that require that much processing power is going to make that machine work overtime. Completely possible that a fan shut down because of that.

I have an Aspire V3 772-G, I posted on their forums as I don't have time to call them and I can't chat because I'm out of warranty. I'm sure it's a simple problem like a cooling fan breaking or there being too much dust in there, I'm just really not sure how to effectively clean the inside to try that out.

So i've gotten back into Prison Architect recently and just received my first Legendary prisoner

Christopher Ward. Only 20 but sentenced to 94 years in jail for a combination of murders, GBH, aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer and perjury.

He was in my jail for 3 hours....

This game looked cool until I seen the price. Than I was like. ohh. Nevermind

People who think £20 is too much for a game as high quality as Prison Architect are absolutely laughable.

The internet is so obsessed with price nowadays. Unjustly so.

Considering iruleall has had posts in the past condoning piracy, it's not all that surprising.

People who think £20 is too much for a game as high quality as Prison Architect are absolutely laughable.

The internet is so obsessed with price nowadays. Unjustly so.

I've bought games at full price: some I felt were worth it, others were not. Other games I've bought on sale, and again had a mix of experiences in terms of their value. Such is life!

It's like that person on Steam about TEW/WMMA: "16$ for a text-based game? RU Serial?".

That said, sometimes the visual experience is more important. I just can't get myself to stick to Divinity, no matter how technically great the game is. It just doesn't connect. :(

So, I've buy Witcher 2 : Enhanced edition :D

Next step : Buy a Xbox One and Witcher 3

I tried playing Witcher 1 and got a little bored.. Witcher 2 is supposed to be better though but I've never played it (although owning it forever)

Witcher 3 comes out right around my birthday though :D

Well 16$ (now 20$) for a 5 years old text-based game is kind of ridiculous...

While I agree, it's more to each their own. This is why there are MAN game companies and many types of games.

We all don't play the same things.

My fiance would gladly spend 20 on a text based game. He prefers games like TEW and WMMA. While I prefer other types of games.

It's only ridiculous if you don't like that type of game. b

While I agree, it's more to each their own. This is why there are MAN game companies and many types of games.

We all don't play the same things.

My fiance would gladly spend 20 on a text based game. He prefers games like TEW and WMMA. While I prefer other types of games.

It's only ridiculous if you don't like that type of game. b

You're missing my point entirely: the game is 5 years old.