The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Anyone excited about Civilization: Beyond Earth? If it has the same Steam Workshop support I'm going to wasting so much time on this game like Civ 5.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2014/08/15/civilization-beyond-earth-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2014

I never could get into Civ V like I did with IV, but I'm still hopeful for this.

I like feeling good about my next gen consoles. This game feels like it's one of the few examples of true next gen. Procedurally generated worlds with infinite places to explore. I'm in.

This is quite possibly one my most anticipated games. It looks like what I always imagined procedural generation would create. I only hope it lives up to the hype.

I never could get into Civ V like I did with IV, but I'm still hopeful for this.

This is quite possibly one my most anticipated games. It looks like what I always imagined procedural generation would create. I only hope it lives up to the hype.

Civ 5 with all the Expansions, DLCs and a ton of mods is fun.

I hope No Man's Sky isn't as disappointing as Spore, which bored me after a few hours.

It's amusingly addictive, even and exciting sometimes :D Bruce is totally kicking ass though. There's been quite a few instance where the other would jump just when the other would kick which results in such hilarity.. The timing is just perfect at times. I've also seen some sick blocks and throws which have ended the fight.

Sometimes there's a break with nothing happening but then everything comes back to life when they actually meet and get some hits in.. It's like building up a great wrestling match with highs and lows. :D

Might sound like a strange question, but hear me out. I recently got my DSi XL back, but all the games are lost. I was thinking of picking Chrono Trigger and Pokemon Black up tomorrow, but I can't remember for the life of me if either of them require the use of the left shoulder button. My shoulder button will not work at all. I took it apart to clean it, but it's covered in rust and no longer usable sadly. Any chance someone could let me know if the left shoulder button is required for either game?

The Sonic Collection for DS is another one I was thinking of picking up but I can't imagine that requiring the shoulder buttons at all.

Might sound like a strange question, but hear me out. I recently got my DSi XL back, but all the games are lost. I was thinking of picking Chrono Trigger and Pokemon Black up tomorrow, but I can't remember for the life of me if either of them require the use of the left shoulder button. My shoulder button will not work at all. I took it apart to clean it, but it's covered in rust and no longer usable sadly. Any chance someone could let me know if the left shoulder button is required for either game?

The Sonic Collection for DS is another one I was thinking of picking up but I can't imagine that requiring the shoulder buttons at all.

I know Pokemon Black doesn't really require any shoulder button usage.

Any chance someone could suggest some RPGs for DS? I'm going to be picking up a few Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and Pokemon but wondered if there was anything along those lines worth playing. I don't know much about the DS game library, so I only know the big releases.

Any chance someone could suggest some RPGs for DS? I'm going to be picking up a few Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and Pokemon but wondered if there was anything along those lines worth playing. I don't know much about the DS game library, so I only know the big releases.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Devil Survivor, Infinite Space, Inazuma Eleven (you have to get this from the UK, but it works just fine in an American DS), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and Dragon Quest IX (if it wasn't one of the DQ games you were going to get).

There's also another Mario & Luigi and a Fire Emblem, but I haven't played either one.

Early Final Fantasy games are always sweet. I downloaded them to my android phone (GBA emulator) last week for if I have some dead time to kill. Only game I ever really played so far is FFV, which is one of the weaker of the series, but the job system is fresh and fun. And you can set it on 2x speed, which is a godsend. But you probably mean the new '3d' FFIV. I don't know about that one.

Just bought a PS4 the other day but seem to be the only one of my friends to have done so, at least so far. So looking for some people to play with! My name is thechristmasape . The only games I have at the moment are AC Black Flag, COD Ghosts and The Last of Us but I'll definitely be getting WWE 2K15, Fifa 15 and GTA 5. So yeah if you do/will have any of those then add me (and ideally send me your GDS name).

On a more general note, are people here excited about WWE2k15? Been a while since a WWE game has interested me enough to buy it on release day but the whole Sting pre-order thing suckered me in.

Diablo 3 on PS4 is very solid. I am enjoying it very much. The controller scheme is incredible. The online is smooth. The game runs like butter no matter how much insanity is on your screen. I have it on PC and rented on PS4. But it's so good that I'm just about to pull the trigger and buy it.

I have the PS3 version. There's no way i'm going to spend $99.45 for the PS4 version just to play the expansion. PSN store just removes the $ and replaces it with £ in the UK and we get screwed