DOTM: Real World Poll

DOTM: Real World Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Real World Poll

• Nobby Mcdonalds TNA New Beginnings II
    • Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)
    • dse81's The New NWA
    • jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings
    • Nevermore's ECW: World Wide

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• [thread=78107]Nobby Mcdonalds TNA New Beginnings II[/thread]
  • [thread=46137]Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) [/thread]
  • [thread=26405]dse81's The New NWA [/thread]
  • [thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings[/thread]
  • [thread=15014]Nevermore's ECW: World Wide [/thread]

I'm thinking this is going to be a really close month--Nevermore's return, plus the four other diaries all had hugely important shows this month.

This was a very tough decision for me. Between Nobby's Slammiversary, with my boy AmDrag coming up just short in the main event against ol' Double J, dse's Starrcade, where the tie-choking sadist had better luck, winning the World title from Kenny Doane in the main event of Starrcade, Oldschool's shocking title change, with Mr. Wonderful ending the reign of Bobby Backlund, and Nevermore just being Nevermore, any one of these diaries would be a deserving winner. But I wound up going with jw_forever on the basis of his incredible One Night Stand show, which I think is my favorite show of the year so far in any diary. He perfectly captured the spirit of ECW, delivered some great matches, memorable moments (Angle beating the crap out of Joel Gertner?? Yes!), and some surprises that I never saw coming, like the debut of Steve Corino and Raven getting involved in the main event. jw has my vote, but by the looks of things, any one of the nominees could win the poll this month.

Final Countdown is right in that each nominee is a winner this month.

I had to go with the old school WWF with Backlund's long reign as champion finally coming to an dramatic close. Important moments in history like that don't come often and seem most worthy

Archived