Blood Bowl Legendary Edition PC

Dragonmack

I just picked up the Blood Bowl PSP game, having never played Blood Bowl in any form before, and find that, even though the PSP is limited, that I am having fun with it ( Currently rocking with a dwarf team through the early cups). I was familiar with the games and Games Design Workshop in general as I have been a big fan of Warhammer 40K for 20 years (even to the point of spending hundreds of dollars on miniatures at one point.)

So since the PSP whetted my appetite, I did some looking around on the game online and came across this announcement

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=158

Where they are going to put out a legendary edition later this year with 11 more races added to what they already had in the game released last year.

I know there are some die hard Blood Bowl fans here from the league thread they got going, and I was curious if anyone else is eagerly anticipating this new edition?

• 2 months later...
Bringing this back from the dead since the game is coming out tomorrow ( and can actually be downloaded now.) Anyone else planning on getting this?

I won't be. I accept that not every game I buy is going to be a Red Dead, Resident Evil 2, Goldeneye or Mario Galaxy...but at the same time, I was left feeling seriously burned by Bloodbowl.

It was a fun, but seriously flawed game. The support was horrible, patches and fixes took forever, or just didn't happen, with little to no communication. So now they're releasing a 'sequel', which as far as I can tell, has the following updated features...

- Some teams

- Some stadiums

- Fixes, corrections and updates to some rules

That's a patch, or at the very best DLC, not a new game. No graphical, audio, engine improvements? No new game modes? No improved team customisation (which should really be the bread and butter of a BB game, surely?). And they want me to hand over the price of a new game for this? Really?

I expect it'll be a good purchase for BB fans or newcomers who don't have the first one.

If anyone does have the first one, and is considering buying this...then my online store has some great new lines in the following...

- Magic Beans

- Old Rope

:D

I was an old school Blood Bowl fan back in the day (I still have the game board and my Skaven team in a box somewhere) so when I saw the PC game for cheap on Steam, I gave it a go. I had fun with it for a few days, but then I was done. Given how little I spent on it (£5-tops) I got my money's worth. I like the mechanics of it. Honestly, I'd have preferred a low-fi version I could hide on my work computer to replace TEW and Solitaire, than a glitzy affair.

Needless to say, I won't be picking up the new version. I didn't even know some of these new teams existed! 'Norse'? What are they doing in Blood Bowl???

I won't be. I accept that not every game I buy is going to be a Red Dead, Resident Evil 2, Goldeneye or Mario Galaxy...but at the same time, I was left feeling seriously burned by Bloodbowl.

It was a fun, but seriously flawed game. The support was horrible, patches and fixes took forever, or just didn't happen, with little to no communication. So now they're releasing a 'sequel', which as far as I can tell, has the following updated features...

- Some teams

- Some stadiums

- Fixes, corrections and updates to some rules

That's a patch, or at the very best DLC, not a new game. No graphical, audio, engine improvements? No new game modes? No improved team customisation (which should really be the bread and butter of a BB game, surely?). And they want me to hand over the price of a new game for this? Really?

I expect it'll be a good purchase for BB fans or newcomers who don't have the first one.

If anyone does have the first one, and is considering buying this...then my online store has some great new lines in the following...

- Magic Beans

- Old Rope

:D

Owners of the first one are ( or at least were) able to get 30% off the price of the legendary edition. Which brought it around $25 or so for me. Which realistically nowadays is the price of an expansion or DLC pack. So since it is doubling the races available, I don't feel cheated on price paid. Now without the discount that may be another story.

This is from Blood Bowls site:

A new Story mode is introduced, in which players will play as a freelance coach. They will have to lead several famous teams and take up many challenges through a story revealing the origins of Blood Bowl, the Old World and its many races that relentlessly compete with each other in merciless games.

It doesn't take much checking to find out

This is from Blood Bowls site:

A new Story mode is introduced, in which players will play as a freelance coach. They will have to lead several famous teams and take up many challenges through a story revealing the origins of Blood Bowl, the Old World and its many races that relentlessly compete with each other in merciless games.

It doesn't take much checking to find out

It doesn't, but I have better things to do than regularly check out the BB site/forums, especially with the infrequency they they updated the thing/actually answered players concerns when the original game came out.

So one new game mode then. Who do I give my £30 quid to?

I know I'm being a little sarcastic here, I'm doing it on purpose. I'm not the type to get genuinely outraged over a videogame. But the point still stands, they're releasing an update, a 'fixed' version of that the original game should have been and expecting people to pay for it. More fool anyone that does.

Honestly the game is well worth the money and I'm glad to have purchased it... lets see, improvements from last game...

11 more races going from 9 to 20

3 new stadiums

New Story Mode

Rules updated to the latest ones from the outdated set in the last game

New star players, now each team has a selection of three on average

All of the inducements have been added

Plus the AI in single player has seen an improvement

On top of that they've already patched the game 3 times since it came out two days ago and through the beta process have been quick with fixes.

In what world does that equal an expansion or DLC compared to most games, plus it was only 26 dollars since I have the first game... when expansions are usually 15 bucks. Again I say it was well worth the money.

I've been playing through the story mode off and on. It's a good way to get a look at some of the different teams although the early part seems fairly focused on dodging and passing as opposed to anything else. And halfling teams are extremely squishy! ( Though I did actually score a touchdown with them during one of the story scenarios :D )

Archived