Sting HOF and 1 last match

takertitan

Some sites are reporting that with Sting's TNA contract coming to an end, WWE is thinking about using him next year in Atlanta for the HOF. With that idea comes another, would Sting do 1 match in WWE and if so who would be your choice as his dream opponent?

Personally, my pick is Undertaker. 2 Gothic characters like that on the big stage could make for a cool story line. My first pick would have been HBK but that seems very unlikely. Only other name that makes sense to me would be HHH, but WWE loves ramming Cena/Orton down our throat this year so who knows?

Sting in WWE would be odd I think. To me Undertaker VS him isn't a dream match and I don't think him VS HBK is a dream match for me either. I loved Sting his whole career but I am not lured into wanting to see him battle anyone from WWE really. He should be in the HoF though. However the WWE HoF is a joke. Sting would be cool in a program with Kane probably.

I reckon Undertaker's too beaten down to truly deliver with Sting (also beaten down) and it's a shame that every time people try to think of "the best match possible" they go to HBK. Despite his age, Shawn's awesome, but isn't it a bit sad that there isn't a younger guy with similar skills? A poor reflection of developmental these days.

Before he joined TNA, I thought Jeff Hardy would have been good. The dude was on fire in WWE, and he's obviously a big Sting mark. I can see an interesting dynamic in a feud there, pushing Jeff darker and weirder, and maybe absorbing some of Stinger's mystique. He's already kind of doing that with the facepaint, but I'd love to see that rolled into a story.

He'd probably be best with match quality thrown asunder and paired up with a WWE icon. Triple H, Cena, or (though I loathe to say it) Undertaker.

I wouldnt think he would wrestle at WM or WWE at all. He would want alot of cash and it would be alot more than WWE would want to spend.

The HOF seems pretty realistic not next year but sometime in the future.

I would think they would contract him to do one of those DVD things where he chooses the matches and stuff like what they did with Bret Hart and his dvd. Maybe a DVD/HOF combo?

I reckon Undertaker's too beaten down to truly deliver with Sting (also beaten down) and it's a shame that every time people try to think of "the best match possible" they go to HBK. Despite his age, Shawn's awesome, but isn't it a bit sad that there isn't a younger guy with similar skills? A poor reflection of developmental these days.

I think the reason Undertaker and HBK come up so often would be they dominated the 90's WWF Sting dominated WCW 90's. So it is a dream match from the past, something you wanted to see when you were younger. You don't get that from Cena, Hardy, or even HHH.

I think the ultimate opponent for Sting would be none other than my man Mark Henry! If you look at their career parallels the choice is obvious really.

Sting:

* WWE alternative loyalist (WCW/TNA/NWA)

* Used the Stinger Splash in the corner

* Dresses in black

Mark Henry

* WWE loyalist

* Used the Fat Guy Splash on the mat

* Is black

It's the ultimate yin vs. yang battle. Mark Henry over Sting in 3 minutes at Wrestlemania, book it!

Archived