Useless Wrestling Trivia

shamelessposer

I'll go first!

* Tajiri has a pinfall victory over Triple H.

* So does the Brooklyn Brawler.

* James Mitchell turned down a WWE contract a few years ago because it would conflict with his bookings as a lounge singer.

* Kurt Angle almost decided not to get into professional wrestling when the first event he attended, an ECW show, featured a crucifixion.

* Brian Pillman, Steve Austin, and Chyna are the only people to have discharged projectile weapons within the context of a WWE storyline. Unless you count t-shirt cannons.

* Eric Bischoff only got a job with WCW as a favor to Diamond Dallas Page.

* Legend has it that it was left to a coin toss whether Curt Hennig or Terry Taylor would get the Mr. Perfect gimmick.

* Original plans for the first Survivor Series had Mark Calloway hatching from the egg.

* Rey Mysterio owns a WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team belt.

* ECW had a title belt that was only defended in Maryland.

* WCW had a women's title that was never defended on a WCW show.

* Raven is a member of MENSA, being in the top 2% of most intelligent people in America.

* Mike Awesome was a cousin of Hulk Hogan's.

* While some critics complained that RVD was suffering from ring-rust when he joined TNA, he had not been completely inactive since 2006. RVD had toured Europe for a number of months in 2009, including have a dream match against Davey Richards in England.

* If most people knew the "real" identity of CHIKARA's Fire Ant, they'd be quite shocked.

* Before joining TNA Tommy Dreamer had a brief world tour, which included a stop in Japan where he wrestled Tajairi, and another in CHIKARA where he teamed with Eddie Kingston in a relationship mirrored on that of Dreamer and Terry Funk.

* Eric Bischoff and Sonny Onoo were friends before WCW, and at one point were selling their own game "Ninja Star-wars" to toy stores to make money.

* CW Anderson was hired by the WWE to be part of their relaunched ECW brand. He was on the payroll for something like 6 months and was only used on television about once.

* Dawn Marie is actively part of the wrestling community, and runs the charity "Wrestler Rescue". Also, she was engaged to Simon Diamond at one point.

* Kamala actually wrestled in ECW for a very brief run in 1999.

* The reason Vader left WWF in 1998 was because he was asked to lose weight by the office. In reply Vader decided to gain weight and was then let go. Interestingly, Vader was hoping to join ECW, however an agreement couldn't be reach between him and Paul Heyman as Heyman wanted Vader to lose a match to Taz.

* Spike Dudley holds pinfall wins over every single Dudley there ever was, as well as pinfalls over Bam Bam Bigelow and 911

* Eric Bischoff only got a job with WCW as a favor to Diamond Dallas Page.

This is not true from all that I have read (which is from Bischoff's book). Eric sent in an audition tape and the higher ups liked what they saw. They gave him a callback, and he did his live audition with DDP. DDP did help him in the audition, but it was through the strength of that audition that got him the job. Not as a personal favor from DDP. In fact in Bischoff's book, he said that he was nervous to work with DDP because they had heat in the AWA.

Yeah, I found out his identity on a wrestling forum, and in a lot ways I wish I hadn't. If you're going to find out, let it be CHIKARA that are the ones to tell you though storytelling.

All I'll say is that to me the Colony seem like quite the indy darlings, and Fire Ant "real" identity definitely doesn't have that same buzz around him without the mask.

Yeah, I found out his identity on a wrestling forum, and in a lot ways I wish I hadn't. If you're going to find out, let it be CHIKARA that are the ones to tell you though storytelling.

All I'll say is that to me the Colony seem like quite the indy darlings, and Fire Ant "real" identity definitely doesn't have that same buzz around him without the mask.

Put it up in spoiler format then. At least for those of us who would like to know.

Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

Just a little clue

:p

Send it to me in a pm

Sorry, you know what, I know this might get me heat but...I just can't do it. Revealing Fire Ant's identity would just take away so much of his mystique. It's just not fair to him. I know it's one internet forum, but that's how these things spread. Sorry, but I'm gonna kayfabe this one guys.

I just give one hint; if you follow Indy wrestling in the tri-state area you can work out who Fire Ant is by his size and move-set.

i know who fire ant is(research FTW)..and once you guys know..you'll be shocked (ive personally never really have heard of him,but he's in a mod as both people but they are 2 different people. as in you have to sign this guy and fire ant to basically have him to yourself)

If i may as an "outside" word on the chikira fire ant stuff lol. ALot of chikira workers work other promotions in less "comedy" gimmicks and don't really want to have there more "serious" gimmicks tarnished. I know it sounds a little odd but alot of workers for chikira take pride in there gimmicks.

To be honest, I'd be fine not knowing, and letting the wrestler have his secrecy. Hence, why my "spoiler" was kind of a joke. Just trying to have a bit of fun.

It's actually kind of fun not to know, especially in this day and age, and if the wrestler wants it protected, then so be it.

:)

* If most people knew the "real" identity of CHIKARA's Fire Ant, they'd be quite shocked.

Sorry, you know what, I know this might get me heat but...I just can't do it. Revealing Fire Ant's identity would just take away so much of his mystique. It's just not fair to him. I know it's one internet forum, but that's how these things spread. Sorry, but I'm gonna kayfabe this one guys.

Then why even post it? its hardly trivia

Archived