Useless Wrestling Trivia

shamelessposer

To be honest, I'd be fine not knowing, and letting the wrestler have his secrecy. Hence, why my "spoiler" was kind of a joke. Just trying to have a bit of fun.

DVDwarrior, I don't think you know what comedy is. Every comedy post you make on these boards I read as... wow... he doesn't know what humour is.

Back on topic.

* I watched Andre the Giant sell fear of a rubber snake that Jake Roberts tossed at him at a house show back in the day

* The Godwinns once did karoake at a bar near the coleisum I forgot they worked at

* Watching two orderlies taking Hakushi's staff away from and back to his corner was better than the match itself.

* The Ding Dongs could not be pinned but could be submitted

* Tyson Kidd once used 'rolling fisherman suplexes' as a small show I attended, leading me to quip, 'not every move is rollable.'

* When I saw Davey Richards he bored me with his basic INTENSE moveset.

* Rebecca Knoxx is the best diva ever

* I've chatted with LuFisto, Nattie Neidhart and Cheerleader Melissa after a show.

* Scotty Mac deserves better.

* CW Anderson was hired by the WWE to be part of their relaunched ECW brand. He was on the payroll for something like 6 months and was only used on television about once.

* I was THERE. It was the only pro-wrestling show I've ever attended.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/August_22,_2006_ECW_results

CM Punk beat him. :cool:

* The WWE was in that same Wilkes-Barre arena the night Vince McMahon "died" in the limo explosion.

*Hernandez was the last wrestler to be managed by Freddie Blassie.

*Koko B. Ware's bird Frankie was killed in a 2002 house fire.

*Japanese promoters originally created the Big Van Vader gimmick/mask for Jim Hellwig, the Ultimate Warrior.

*"Rowdy" Roddy Piper was originally hired by the WWF to be a manager.

*Ric Flair was adopted.

*Konnan briefly appeared in the WWF as "Max Moon" in 1992. Konnan played the role of the man who hailed from "outer space" for a single WWF Superstars TV taping. The role was continued by Paul Diamond.

Not sure if there right or not

* Dawn Marie is actively part of the wrestling community, and runs the charity "Wrestler Rescue". Also, she was engaged to Simon Diamond at one point.

Interesting sidenote to this one, Wrestlers Rescue is not a registered charity and Dawn Marie was under investigation by the FBI for pretty much not using the funds collected to rescue any wrestlers. Steve Williams is one example of a guy who was supposed to benefit their fundraising but never recieved the voicebox thing he kind of needed to help him speak during his battle with throat cancer.

Interesting sidenote to this one, Wrestlers Rescue is not a registered charity and Dawn Marie was under investigation by the FBI for pretty much not using the funds collected to rescue any wrestlers. Steve Williams is one example of a guy who was supposed to benefit their fundraising but never recieved the voicebox thing he kind of needed to help him speak during his battle with throat cancer.

Personally I think there's no substance to those claims, personally. I think Dawn is a person perfectly capable of supporting herself without scam the business that gave her so much over the years. If an investigation proves me wrong so be it but I'd be utterly shocked.

* Raven worked for the WWF before ever joining ECW. He was a manager known as Johnny Polo, something ECW fans would later chant at him during the early stages of the Raven character (also occasionally when he return from WCW, which was pretty stupid considering how dead the joke was at that point)

Personally I think there's no substance to those claims, personally. I think Dawn is a person perfectly capable of supporting herself without scam the business that gave her so much over the years. If an investigation proves me wrong so be it but I'd be utterly shocked.

* Raven worked for the WWF before ever joining ECW. He was a manager known as Johnny Polo, something ECW fans would later chant at him during the early stages of the Raven character (also occasionally when he return from WCW, which was pretty stupid considering how dead the joke was at that point)

That is the thing with ECW (and it's fans), they can't let anything die.

Just because a person is capable of supporting themselves honestly doesn't mean they will. I think Dawn Marie is a no good scumbag.

WoW he looks different

Before he worked for WWF he also worked for WCW and was in a stable with DDP, Vinnie Vegas and Diamond Studd.

Who would have thought those guys would be the biggest names in the biz less than 5 years later. It's amazing to think how much the landscape of the US pro wrestling scene changed from 1992-1997, from 1997-2002, and then consider just how little it's changed since 2002.

Archived