Thanks to the amazing start to Yoshida's ZEN- Insert witty eye catching title here dynasty, I've become insanely interested in ZEN.

So, like a curious fellow, I tried to start the game.

Here's the thing: I can't get into the Aussie wrestling scene. Just too different. I like the US/Canada part of the world better. Call me biased, but that's how we roll in the Shire.

Anyway, I got to thinking: what if I make a ZEN-style company, like Chikara in the real world, in America for C-Verse? Using the alternate logo and banner that Kam made in his thread, ZEN: America would be born on my computer! Brilliant, right?

Or is it?

What do you guys think? Does a promotion like this sound fun/reasonable/sane?

And, my main question: Who would you fill the roster with?

Would love to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance.

-TLLK3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to the amazing start to Yoshida's ZEN- Insert witty eye catching title here dynasty, I've become insanely interested in ZEN.

So, like a curious fellow, I tried to start the game.

Here's the thing: I can't get into the Aussie wrestling scene. Just too different. I like the US/Canada part of the world better. Call me biased, but that's how we roll in the Shire.

Anyway, I got to thinking: what if I make a ZEN-style company, like Chikara in the real world, in America for C-Verse? Using the alternate logo and banner that Kam made in his thread, ZEN: America would be born on my computer! Brilliant, right?

Or is it?

What do you guys think? Does a promotion like this sound fun/reasonable/sane?

And, my main question: Who would you fill the roster with?

Would love to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance.

-TLLK3

I suggest just using KANZEN. Hawaii's still in America.

- Sonfaro

Your check is in the mail good sir. It was 50 dollars per plug, correct? :D

As for your question, I recall someone else asking about this same thing on the forums - while I have not been posting long I have been trolling. From what I understand of the Cornellverse, since a Chikara Style federation would be Lucha Libre/Entertainment, it would do great in America. Since we Yankees care only about flashy lights and bright colors. :p

I am sure it will do well in America if you create it just like Chikara. Though my knowledge of Cornellverse America is limited (just started with 2010 and have only messed with Japan and Australia) I know they love federations that thrive on Entertainment! And what is more entertaining then real life super heroes!!

As far as who to hire.. I cannot help there to be honest. I would create the federation and look at the Hispanic Wrestlers. Bringing in some Técnicos and Rudos would make sense - even with the language barrier.

I think the idea has tons of merit, I may be a bit biased though.

-|-Yoshi-|-

P.S. And bring in Ant Man. Chikara has a whole colony of ants on their roster at times. He is the perfect fit!

THE COLONY ---------------> http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/genomyoshida/800px-The_Colony_2010.jpg

As someone has already suggested, KANZEN Pro. In fact, its product is virtually identical to ZEN's.

I've actually tried before, but... it's an odd roster to try and put together. There's not too many masked luchadores who actually work in America, and I figure the result would be having to create a great deal of your own gimmicks.

I would suggest El Medico, as he seems like a perfect fit for it. Super Sonic, too. Alot of the guys on the CZCW roster could work in a "less serious" role (Masked Cougar, Snap Dragon, American Flash). Really, it just takes creativity. Going "hey, wouldn't be funny if this guy had this gimmick?" And then BOOM!, they're a fit for the company.

Ah, KANZEN, then.

Sounds similar.

Hawaii would be good.

So I should get some bland CZCW guys, Ant-Man (and get two to join him in The Colony, thanks to some alts I've found), and maybe some luchadors? I'm thinking the amazing Extraordinario Jr. and Mr. Lucha III, Velocidad, Capitao Brasil Jr., Dragon Del Arco Iris Jr...thinking of great Mexican prospects who will sign for real cheap in the US.

Quick thoughts on who could be included. Some Euro/UK names here that might have to be enticed but you can use some liberty. If you phoned a pair of unemployed English bums like the Henchmen and offered them a job in Hawaii I dont think they hold out too much for relocation costs...

Mayan Idol

Amazing Firefly

Fox Mask

The Elimination Agents

Red Dragon

The Evil Henchmen

Mr Evilness

The fat mental Aussie whose name escapes me

I actually thought about setting Nemesis as my avatar and have him taking over ZEN and re-locating to the US. As Nemesis, I'd lower 'Comedy' but not lose all comedic elements, and increase 'Hardcore' & 'Risque' making it an edgier, darker version of ZEN. My only problem is I have a hard time playing games were what is happening (ZEN and it's workers re-locating to the US for example) is not realistic. Do you think ZEN's Aussie guys would re-locate?

Here's some ideas from a test game.

-UK Dragon and a masked Joey Beauchamp as The British Invasion.

-I had a The Tic alt that made him Lobster Warrior, Jr.

-Since all three of them are low popularity in the US, and one of them owns the mask, Ant-Man became Fire Ant, Mario da Silva became Green Ant, and Jamie Atherton became Soldier Ant.

-Hell Monkey was there, of course. Awesome main eventer with a sweet mask.

-The Cannonball Kid returned to his Underwater Union days and formed a tag team with the previously mentioned Lobby Jr., becoming Kid Calamari (as SWF owns The Calamari Kid).

-I went into the editor, and, because they are Hawaiian, Aussie workers Jimmy Stratosphere (used a lucha mask alt of him and just named him Stratosphere) and Molokai Milk started working for KANZEN. I thought about bringing over Stratosphere's tag partner, Motty Kuroda, but I would need a mask and cool stage name for him like Stratosphere.

-Insane Machine, Fumihiro Ota, and Snap Dragon joined as the masked high profile folks.

-Jacob Jett as Jettstream joined up with a masked Davis Wayne Newton (Canadian Elemental, perhaps) as O, Canada.

-Mainstream Hernandez and Remmy Skye joined up to be a high-end tag team known as the SoCal Surf Club.

-Want to use Matthew Keith and Ash Campbell somehow.

-Since all three of them are low popularity in the US, and one of them owns the mask, Ant-Man became Fire Ant, Mario da Silva became Green Ant, and Jamie Atherton became Soldier Ant.

-The Cannonball Kid returned to his Underwater Union days and formed a tag team with the previously mentioned Lobby Jr., becoming Kid Calamari (as SWF owns The Calamari Kid).

-I went into the editor, and, because they are Hawaiian, Aussie workers Jimmy Stratosphere (used a lucha mask alt of him and just named him Stratosphere) and Molokai Milk started working for KANZEN. I thought about bringing over Stratosphere's tag partner, Motty Kuroda, but I would need a mask and cool stage name for him like Stratosphere.

-Insane Machine, Fumihiro Ota, and Snap Dragon joined as the masked high profile folks.

-Jacob Jett as Jettstream joined up with a masked Davis Wayne Newton (Canadian Elemental, perhaps) as O, Canada.

-Mainstream Hernandez and Remmy Skye joined up to be a high-end tag team known as the SoCal Surf Club.

All good ideas, nice one :D

Just use Ash Campbell & Keith as the 'normal' guys revolting the 'ZEN' style?

I think you should do a dairy, I would read it. My idea is more of a darker Chikara, kind of like a Alan Moore or Grant Morrison comic book from the 90s - where I take the characters and manipulate them around a bit. While it will still have comedy and what not it will be toned down a bit from being set to Main Stream.

I like the ideas you used.

Yeah, the straight man is always a key factor. Maybe a faction of men who hate what is going on, some old veterans. So you can give the younger guys a rub while having a cool storyline going on.

To be honest I was just half@$$ skimming this thread until I saw the idea of putting my man Molokai Milk in this version of KANZEN. Gooooooooooooood plan! :)

Whom else I would consider using: Panda Mask II, Ekuma, The Reapers with their outstanding alts, numerous luchadors such as La Estrella, La Beasta Purpura, Delirium pretty much pick ya favs those just happen to be three of mine, how about bringing in Suzuki with this Super Model esque alt call him Asia's Next Top Model? Gentleman Jim King, Ernie Turner in his classic remade and refined old school assassin alt maybe. Any ACPW choices for an Ant or just for being The Sensation Jayson van Pelt (or insert any ACPW name here) cause they are cool.

I love all the talk of KANZEN; mainly because I was the person who requested the logo for it then to make it in game, and I wanted to use it as my Chikara of the C-Verse too, so it just made it all better :)

Did you know also, KANZEN is the Japanese word for Perfection, therefore Perfection Pro Wrestling; the best in the us ;)

May have to start playing as KANZEN again now.

I'd suggest Fearless Blue and the Paratroopers? (The 3 guys all begining with Para from the CZCW dojo) good guys to have on a small fed and all could easily be a Chikara style fit :)

If you start with a low level Fed and with few money, I think you can consider

Daredevil Aero (the name is still perfect I think, you just only to let him wear a mask)

Island Boy Apollo (your perfect low level Super Hero)

Mark Smart (with the Comics book fan? "I wanna be a super hero!!")

Stretch the Chicken Boy (how a Comedy Fed can't consider him?? :D)

Oscar Ozymandias (as one of his thousands alter ego)

Mad Dog Mortimer (look at his picture please.... )

Here's the thing. I would absolutely LOVE to do a KANZEN dynasty, as I recall only one on the boards. But I've got this thing with '70s C-Verse right now and AAFW...if I ever hit a rut, KANZEN would be one I'd turn to next.

Some more ideas I thought of:

-Marc Speed, Greg Gauge, Matthew Keith, and Frankie Perez. What do these gentlemen have in common? They hate fun, zaniness, and masks. They also each possess the knowledge of the Krippler, the most devastating hold of all time. No one can break it, and only these four know it...for now. Think a sort of BDK storyline from this.

-Bradford Peverell as a schmoozing movie producer who only seems to care about taking advantage of the zany workers of KANZEN.

-Need a bunch of evil masked guys for a deadly stable.

I think you'd have to bring in Sky King, with some sorta Rocketeer (the super hero) style gimmick.

Had to do it;

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20People/SkyKing_AJA.jpghttp://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20People/SkyKing_AJA2.jpg

Archived