The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm obviously not Ryland, but I think the Overseas event thing is to reflect reality.

Historically every overseas event has done worse PPV numbers then a regular event.

It's known that if UFC holds a show in a foreign market the PPV will be significantly under what the normal buyrate "floor" is. There's a couple reasons why, but the main reason is the time difference. A show in the UK would begin live around noon in the United States. They're replayed at 7, but by that point ESPN and other sites have already ran crawlers multiple times on the winners/losers.

There's also a kind of stigma I think. Where United States fans feel foreign events "Don't matter" and thus don't purchase them. Even among hardcores, interest in events held in the UK or places like Australia are always lower then domestic shows.

Even the huge Abu Dhabi event last year did under par of what was expected. It's just one of those quirks that happen in international MMA.

So I'm SIGMA and I get a tv deal with a tiny broadcaster who have coverage throughout Europe, Russia & UK. I put 3 matches that are going to be shown and 3 prelims which obviously are not.

After the card, the winner and loser of the match that was showing on tv (first up, not main or co-main events) gets 7% and 5% name value pops in UK & Russia, previously having none. But the prelim fighters got the same as well, previously having none too.

Why is this? Surely the fighters that actually appeared on tv would get better name value increases then those that dont?

I'm running as ALPHA-1 and recently, inexplicably GAMMA let their ppv deal expire. I saw this and jumped on the opportuntiy to get a deal with Public Access Select and successfully did so. After some time passed the message came up that GAMMA was looking to secure a ppv deal with who else but Public Access Select and then shortly after that said that they had secured the deal!?! Ok for starters, aside from the the fact that two rivals should not be sharing the same ppv carrier in the first place, I looked under the media listings and GAMMA is not listed anywhere, even under Public Access Select. Now they just aired a show and managed to pull in about 250k+ in ppv buys and about $1.5 mil in revenue. Not really troubled by it but thought this was kind of odd. Just curious to see if anyone had run into a similair scenario or had any thoughts.

What does everyone set the customizable option too (Injury Rate, Drug Level, Death Rate, Relationships) & what sort of results do you notice?

IE. Do you find that "Injury Rate" set at "Very High" results in alot of injuries or not a great deal? Or does "Death Rate" set at "Medium" result in an average amount of deaths or almost none?

Just wondering what everyone set them at & the different results that people get based on what you have them set at.

What is closing guard and what happens if I set it to illegal. Can I see a video on the different or something.

Thanks

examples of the closed guard

in general, the closed guard can negate offense. it makes punching and passing guard much more difficult for the fighter on top.

in my experience if it is banned, passing guard will be easier and scrambling for position will be encouraged more.

Guest UngratefulDead
Big fan of all the improvements in WMMA 3 overall, but I'm having trouble with something that I didn't recall being an issue in the previous version: if a fighter has ten days left on a medical suspension or recuperation he can't be scheduled for any fights at all, even if the fight is scheduled for well after they are to be recovered? This is a bit inconvenient in conjunction with fighters wanting extensive training camps (although I otherwise like that feature).

So I'm SIGMA and I get a tv deal with a tiny broadcaster who have coverage throughout Europe, Russia & UK. I put 3 matches that are going to be shown and 3 prelims which obviously are not.

After the card, the winner and loser of the match that was showing on tv (first up, not main or co-main events) gets 7% and 5% name value pops in UK & Russia, previously having none. But the prelim fighters got the same as well, previously having none too.

Why is this? Surely the fighters that actually appeared on tv would get better name value increases then those that dont?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

What is "the pocket?"

The space 'behind' an opponent's jab and straight punch where hooks, uppercuts, elbows and knees are most effective, sometimes reffered to as the inside. It's where a shorter fighter wants to be in a pure striking fight as he can negate his opponent's reach advantage and wail on him without getting his face jabbed off. Obviously takedowns and clinchwork diversify this rule - tall guys can just wrap you up in a Thai plum and knee your face off ala Anderson Silva, or double leg you to the floor as you step in ala GSP.

What is the best real world mod?

I'm a real world MMA fan in that I like to casually watch on occasion but I don't know enough about it to know which is the best, most balanced in terms of stats, mod etc.

Thanks.

You can't go wrong with Modern Warriors. Tap or Snap isn't bad either, but those lads are still working on their WMMA3 release.

If you want old skool MMA try Dawn of MMA by Lucien Sanchez.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

The reason why this is the way it is, is (lol) that the minimum level of popularity is the same for all fighters. Whether they appear on a TV show or on the TV prelims, they are still only 'just known'. When debuting people on events, normally they will directly get way more (in SIGMA, i've had them get to 30+ pop instantly)

How the heck does a match winner who dominates the match get a two month medical suspension? No drugs or anything like that, and I watched the match and she took no heavy blows. Is this a bug? I've never heard of this happening in real life.

Could be a broken or fractured hand, shinbone, etc. Even a light blow could break a nose or cause lacerations. Use your imagination.

The space 'behind' an opponent's jab and straight punch where hooks, uppercuts, elbows and knees are most effective, sometimes reffered to as the inside. It's where a shorter fighter wants to be in a pure striking fight as he can negate his opponent's reach advantage and wail on him without getting his face jabbed off. Obviously takedowns and clinchwork diversify this rule - tall guys can just wrap you up in a Thai plum and knee your face off ala Anderson Silva, or double leg you to the floor as you step in ala GSP.

Thanks! Google and Wikipedia were failing me. That makes my fights make a lot more sense. :)

Could be a broken or fractured hand, shinbone, etc. Even a light blow could break a nose or cause lacerations. Use your imagination.

Those would be injuries.

I'm talking about a medical suspension. They seem to happen a lot more in the game than in real life; especially ABSURD when it's a winner who took virtually no damage during the fight. I don't think it's realistic.

Those would be injuries.

I'm talking about a medical suspension. They seem to happen a lot more in the game than in real life; especially ABSURD when it's a winner who took virtually no damage during the fight. I don't think it's realistic.

Take a look at any number of UFC or Strikeforce events and you can bet at least 5 to 7 fighters get medical suspensions for a number of reasons. Things happen in fights that we don't always see or are talked about right away. Fighter don't have to be hit for something to go wrong. Some places give out a month long ms for nothing more than "just to be safe".

I have no injuries and no fighter's bout requests after events. Do you know why? All fighters look like they didn't compete last night. Their overall health are always green. I manage UFC with banned JT mod, injury rate is set to medium, rest is default. Suggestions? Thanks

Take a look at any number of UFC or Strikeforce events and you can bet at least 5 to 7 fighters get medical suspensions for a number of reasons. Things happen in fights that we don't always see or are talked about right away. Fighter don't have to be hit for something to go wrong. Some places give out a month long ms for nothing more than "just to be safe".

But TWO months suspension, to a winner who DOMINATED a fight and barely got hit more than once or twice? I'm sorry, I'm still not seeing it as realistic. I wish I could copy and paste the fight here for you, but I didn't save it. You'd see what I'm talking about. Not that I use any talent every two months so it didn't really impact my game, I'm just questioning the logic here.

Archived