The Minor Questions Thread

I think the 2nd point answers the first. The weight class ranking is ineligible because they aren't the uniformed weight classes. There could be someone in your FW class who's ranked in the world, but he'd count under a different weight class. Make any sense?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it must have been due to me screwing around with the weight classes. I just selected the 'default' option in the weight class menu and it fixed my problems. All I had to do was move around a few lads and everything was fine! Thanks for everyones help!

Some of those that persistenly fail to make weight need an "eat fewer pies" button :)

Haha, yes that is probably the most frustrating thing about playing the game. Linfield Ballard won my Light Heavyweight title and failed to make weight for two defenses after that so I just took it off him.

Another question: how do I branch into new areas? I can't get a PPV deal in a new area without any popularity and I don't see any option to hold a show in another country. What do I need to do?

you'll need to get a tv deal and do some television events and that will raise the popularity in other regions. Example, you've got good rep in most of american states, so you can get a tv deal with a company that shows America and Canada. Start doing some tv shows and your canada rep will start to rise. Thats how it begins from my understanding anyway

Haha, yes that is probably the most frustrating thing about playing the game. Linfield Ballard won my Light Heavyweight title and failed to make weight for two defenses after that so I just took it off him.

Another question: how do I branch into new areas? I can't get a PPV deal in a new area without any popularity and I don't see any option to hold a show in another country. What do I need to do?

Once you hit international, you get some popularity in all regions, so you can go 'international' also.

How much time does it take for a fighter to be inducted to HoF? Rickson Gracie has retired and has met all the requirements, but he's not in the HoF yet. Does it happen immediately or takes a couple of in-game days?

I always end up with a short crossover period between my company reaching a higher level, and my top drawing fighters reaching the same level. How much does this really matter though? What negative effect does it have? My attendances still shoot up each time. And what determines the company's level anyway?

I'm GAMMA, but I also own KDM FC. How do I get KDM FC to run more events. Right now it looks like they run one and every other month.

You can't. You pay the bills and 'own' the fighter contracts (in the sense that you can move them to and fro) but you can't influence how often they run events.

Question regarding prelims:

Does the winner of a prelim match only get a small boost compared to a PPV main card winner, or is it pretty much the same?

I presume Main event winners get the biggest boost-factor, but is this so?

Following this: what would be the use of having prelims if the match gets labeled as 'main card material'?

(i could test this but it would screw up my game a bit since it would spoil the fights (having to alter between main card and prelims). :p

UPDATE: Quickly tested this on my old game.

Results: The fact whether a fight is prelim or not doesn't seem to have any effect on the pop increase of the fighters. Biggest factor seems to be the quality of the fight (great, poor, etc.) and probably the potential 'hype' you create, but not its potision on the card. Even main eventers don't seem to get more pop boost, so don't try and put a fighter you want to 'boost' in the main event, cuz it doesn't seem to make any sense. :)

Two Q's.

#1 - What's the usual time between a retirement and a regen?

#2 - Thought I saw this in the Tech Support section, when there are KO's on my card, there's no KO of the Night winner, why is that?

Do you have the newest patch? It could have been fixed, never saw that problem.

#1, it depends on amount of people that retire I think. I think it is normally about 6months, but I might be wrong.

Guest Asaemon

I have some questions about the character relationship feature.

Does Anthony LeToussier has a strong friendship with JJ Reid mean that both fighters are friends or just that LeToussier consider himself friend with JJ Reid?

Does Mike Watson has a strong dislike of Zvonimir Asanovic mean that Watson dislikes Asanovic or that both fighters dislike each other?

Archived