The Minor Questions Thread

Guest Reisklok
I created a brand new company and started at the Unknown level. I have been running shows regularly and have gained no popularity. What is the issue?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more of an advice question.

What do you do when your champion frequently comes in overweight and cannot defend his title? Patrick Thomas is my GAMMA Middleweight Champion and in two defences he has come into the fight overweight thus he is unable to defend his title.

I would like to strip him of the title but that does not seem right. However, I hate to have a champion that will never defend the title either.

In fact this was the exact reason why I held off giving him a title shot because in all of my GAMMA games he has done this.

This is more of an advice question.

What do you do when your champion frequently comes in overweight and cannot defend his title? Patrick Thomas is my GAMMA Middleweight Champion and in two defences he has come into the fight overweight thus he is unable to defend his title.

I would like to strip him of the title but that does not seem right. However, I hate to have a champion that will never defend the title either.

In fact this was the exact reason why I held off giving him a title shot because in all of my GAMMA games he has done this.

Strip him of the title and move him up to Light Heavyweight.If he can't make weight he shouldn't be allowed to be champion.

• 2 weeks later...
In terms of moving up or down the rankings, does a fighter move up or down more depending on how their fight ended, that is by knockout, by submission or by decision? For example, would a fighter who got knocked out move down the rankings more than a fighter who lost by split decision?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at the popularity page and I notice that you can limit your size. I'm currently playing as XCC, would this be a good decesion to limit at say high regional for awhile?

It really depends on your roster. Your promotion growing faster than your popularity can be a real detriment. If you hit National but only have one or two fighters who are at National level popularity, they are really the only ones who can headline for you (at least from the fan's perspective). So limiting it gives you time to build up more guys. If you have enough fighters that are popular, its not necessary.

I don't know why you should ever limit in, given the pro's and con's of the game.

Unlike TEW, you don't suffer from penalties if you go up and down between low national and high regional, so what's the problem. According to your main events, the game will determine the optimal decision, unless you're absolutely raving to get fantastic ratings on events, but that's not all that hard to achieve to begin with.

I'm having a really hard time establishing a super heavyweight division with my default database game.

I set my division to 266-600 lbs. I've been fighting guys for a year now. It still won't list as "Super Heavyweight" on my booking screen and they still aren't ranked. Whereas I started a bantamweight division and it got ranked and recognized in my booking screen right away.

Is there no superheavyweight recognition in the vanilla game?

I don't know why you should ever limit in, given the pro's and con's of the game.

Unlike TEW, you don't suffer from penalties if you go up and down between low national and high regional, so what's the problem. According to your main events, the game will determine the optimal decision, unless you're absolutely raving to get fantastic ratings on events, but that's not all that hard to achieve to begin with.

Uh, actually I'm fairly sure people have complained about being fired by going back and forth between popularity levels.

I'm having a really hard time establishing a super heavyweight division with my default database game.

I set my division to 266-600 lbs. I've been fighting guys for a year now. It still won't list as "Super Heavyweight" on my booking screen and they still aren't ranked. Whereas I started a bantamweight division and it got ranked and recognized in my booking screen right away.

Is there no superheavyweight recognition in the vanilla game?

You need to have 15 people fight at least 2 matches in the new division before it will register on the official fighter rankings.

Okay, so I just added a Bantamweight and a Superheavyweight division with GAMMA. Neither register as official Blutcat rankings, but I've held a few fights. What kinda annoys is that the Bantamweight fights show up listed as that, but the SHW fights just show up as "266-600". Any reason for that?

Well, again, in order for Blurcat to recognize the divisions, you need to have at least 15 people registered in that division. For someone to be 'registered', they need to have fought twice in that weight. So, for example, if you have Nuno Valentino fight as a Bantamweight twice, his profile sheet will now say 'Bantamweight' on it under Weight Class.

As for the 266-600, I don't know why it does that, but I know that on the Blurcat rankings, once you get 15 people registered for the list, it shows up as Super Heavyweight. You just have to kinda...deal with the 266-600 thing everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

What's with the picture files on WMMA3? Is there any way to make the empty images into something? When simming fights on Quick Match, it shows the white templates. However, when playing the game, it doesn't show any sort of template, why is this? Is there any way I can change it or would I manually have to change every fighters picture because there's no actual way of clearing all their pics because there's no 'wipe picture' on mass editing.

Anything I can do about this?

In my game they reconize 12 different weight class rankings including 266-600. However I have been running a 100-115 womens division (Jr Flyweight) for over 2 years now with over 50 fighters in my company alone that fight in the division yet they still haven't officially recognized it. Is there something I can do to fix that. I don't see why it hasn't yet seeing as it doesn't overlap with the next recognized division (flyweight 116-225)

In terms of official Blurcat rankings, the game only recognizes Flyweight to Super Heavyweight. As far as I've seen, it doesn't recognize Strawweight, Angelweight, or anything lower. This is something to do with the game itself, so there isn't anything you can do (to my knowledge). However, you should still be able to view your own rankings in your company which will at least serve it's purpose in terms of determining your contenders.

Archived