The Minor Questions Thread

To sign them exclusively, promotion popularity is the key.

@cymru:

Criteria for "Rookie of the Year":

1. The fighter can only be active for a couple of years in the game world (so 2 years from his debut, not as in 'from the beginning of the game').

2. He needs to have at least 3 matches that year, and needs to win most of them. It's preferable that they are actual big promotion matches (not local fights).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I use TV events to my advantage?

I currently have 5 weight classes and run an event for each weight class with an 8 man tourney for number 1 contender and then headlined with a title match.

I have signed a deal for 4 matches per card. I don't know how to intergrate this into my current setup. Any suggestions?

Also any genreal advice on TV events would be great

What is the best strategy for match making so I can get consistent critical rating?

Do certain style match ups cause better ratings then others?

How much does the performance stat matter?

Don't really worry about it. The critical rating does have an effect on the game, but it's really not something you should be spending your time meticulously micromanaging. Like a lot of things in the game, it's a complete crapshoot.

Don't really worry about it. The critical rating does have an effect on the game, but it's really not something you should be spending your time meticulously micromanaging. Like a lot of things in the game, it's a complete crapshoot.

If I start to put on a series of shows with big draws but somewhat poor critical ratings, how long does it take for the effects of the match ratings to become visible?

You're putting way too much emphasis on the critical rating. I'm telling you not to worry about it, because it's pretty much impossible to predict. And if you spend so much time worrying about it and expecting a good critical rating after you think you've created the "perfect card" you will be very disappointed. Just book a show with matches that you think would be beneficial to your promotion and your fighters and everything else will work itself out.

What does "somewhat poor" even mean? I have never worried about a critical rating before and for the past five years of events I have only had two Poors, several Averages (which is fine), many Decents (good), and a handful of Goods and Greats. It is pretty random.

How can I use TV events to my advantage?

I currently have 5 weight classes and run an event for each weight class with an 8 man tourney for number 1 contender and then headlined with a title match.

I have signed a deal for 4 matches per card. I don't know how to intergrate this into my current setup. Any suggestions?

Also any genreal advice on TV events would be great

You can still do this with a 4-event TV slot, as the only limit to the number of Prelim matches is that the whole card cannot exceed 20 fights.

Unless you've signed up for the TV event to be "major" you should be able to get "main events" that the fans want to see out of lower ranked stars, so you don't need to put your top fighters on TV every time.

Yes. "Banks closing in on xxx" or something. It's their final active month.

@ Riven: No, that is not possible. It is for TV shows however.

Thanx for answer. So it's good idea to add this feature in next WMMA.

Kind of a dumb question, but didn't realize I didn't know how to do this until I actually went to try it. Where do I go to change a fighter's full body picture to one I've downloaded? I thought it would be right where you can change the face picture, but guess not.

Kind of a dumb question, but didn't realize I didn't know how to do this until I actually went to try it. Where do I go to change a fighter's full body picture to one I've downloaded? I thought it would be right where you can change the face picture, but guess not.

There is a faces folder and a bodies folder. Just make sure the names of the files match.

There is a faces folder and a bodies folder. Just make sure the names of the files match.

Yeah but I can have multiple faces of the same guy in the folder, and just pick which one to show up in the editor. Is there not a way to do that with bodies? You only get one body per fighter in the folder?

Yeah but I can have multiple faces of the same guy in the folder, and just pick which one to show up in the editor. Is there not a way to do that with bodies? You only get one body per fighter in the folder?

When you choose the fighter's picture in the editor, you're choosing both the face and body pictures. If you look through the pictures in the selection window, you'll notice that it shows both the face and body pictures to the right (assuming the filenames match, like Rebby said).

If you have two face pictures of the same guy in your folder, they must have different filenames. When you choose one in the editor, the game just looks for the body picture with an identical filename in the Bodies folder. If there isn't a match, it won't give you a body picture.

When you choose the fighter's picture in the editor, you're choosing both the face and body pictures. If you look through the pictures in the selection window, you'll notice that it shows both the face and body pictures to the right (assuming the filenames match, like Rebby said).

If you have two face pictures of the same guy in your folder, they must have different filenames. When you choose one in the editor, the game just looks for the body picture with an identical filename in the Bodies folder. If there isn't a match, it won't give you a body picture.

Alright thank you, that clears it up.

Anyone know which popularity level I need to hit before an unemployed High Level International fighter will stop rejecting my approaches?

With the latest patch, I mean; I know that Adam fixed that to make it less difficult than it was originally.

I'm trying to use the filter in the database editor to show only people who have no pictures under "helpful editing tools" but when I check the box and close it, it doesn't filter anyone. It still shows every fighter in the database. And I do know that there are fighters without pictures in there.. Does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to use the filter in the database editor to show only people who have no pictures under "helpful editing tools" but when I check the box and close it, it doesn't filter anyone. It still shows every fighter in the database. And I do know that there are fighters without pictures in there.. Does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong?

The same thing happens to me. I would post it in the Tech Support forum and theirs a chance he might fix it and post a new patch for us.

EDIT: It actually did end up working for me. After about 5 minutes everyone dissapeared expect for the fighters without pictures.

Not a question relating to the mechanics of the game but rather how people tend to play the game... When people have a series tied at 1-1, would you go straight for the rubber match or make the challenger earn the rematch?

Basically, I had a pretty dominant Middleweight Champion in Dexter Darling, who beat Neil Napier in one of his title defences in a decent match. Their second match has just happened, seventeen months later, in which Napier made Darling submit (holding onto a triangle despite being powerbombed) to win the title. The match was rated Great.

Now, do I go straight for the rubber match? On the one hand, I think that Darling should be made to earn his rematch; on the other hand, I've got so many prospects on the verge of title shots that I think Darling will probably end up slipping down the pecking order before the rematch even gets a chance to happen, which makes me think that I should probably cash in and get it done now.

Thoughts?

I always try and match up guys that are both coming off a win, so I would hold off a re-match until both are moving in the same direction.

If you've got plenty ofother challengers, then even if Darling loses the title there is always scope for conclusion of the trilogy as a non-title match further down the line (unless both guys are on the verge of retirement).

Archived