Dawn of MMA Release (WMMA 3 Compatible)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVDXFLU1

***FAQ***

Q: What’s different between this and the previous version?

A: Not a great deal. It is a direct port of the latest version for WMMA 2, with modifications made to accommodate the new features. Some slight statistical changes have been made however.

Q: Is this complete?

A: No. There are things I have understandably missed out, due to scouring the whole database for changes in less than a week. I simply wanted people to have a real world mod for release day.

Q: What needs changing?

A: Ethnicities and Stances are both new features. While I have tried to correct these to the best of my abilities, I simply didn’t have time to research over 1000+ fighters in a week. Therefore if you notice any errors, just post them in this thread (preferably the Grey Dog version) and I’ll add them for the next release.

Q: Are relationships in this time?

A: Yes and no. Obviously being the Dawn of MMA, there weren’t many relationships between the beginning fighters and I want friendships to be organic. Therefore I’ve included the obvious blood relatives (The Gracie family, the Diaz brothers, the Nogueira brothers etc.), but simply didn’t have the time to add others. Any obvious ones stick them in the thread. Also, I may have been wrong, but in WMMA 2, you couldn’t set relationships between debuting fighters. This appears to have changed this time out.

Q: New stats?

A: Creative striking/kicking and submissions are in for the big fighters. Low level fighters not so much, apart from certain exceptions (i.e. Shonie Carter). Any changes need making? Note them in thread.

Q: Are there any new fighters?

A: Not yet. Obviously to get this out on release day, there were other priorities. Later updates will include more fighters. Mario Sperry is an obvious absentee from earlier years, and there are new fighters missing too. If you want someone including in a later update, post a link to their wiki or sherdog, plus a brief description of their style. I’m not bang up to date with my MMA at the minute, so I probably haven’t seen them fight if it’s a newer guy.

Q: Pic Pack?

A: Not an official one and probably never will be. I recommend using the excellent Panini pack if it works on WMMA3. Graphics are not my thing.

Q: Any other new features?

A: I’ve tried to use the era and narrative features, however I don’t know the intricacies of them. If they’re out of whack, let me know.

Q: Any changes to camps?

A: Not yet. I’m aware they were a contention point for some previously and I may look to change them, but right now they aren’t a priority.

***LOTS OF CREDIT TO THE TAP OR SNAP TEAM AND SHERDOG, WITHOUT THEM THIS WOULDNT HAVE BEEN MADE***

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite the number of fighters which the promotion was able to attract, Battlecade struggled financially and had trouble with authorities over the sanctioning of MMA bouts. Following the fourth and final Extreme Fighting event, General Media International, Battlecade sponsor and publisher of Penthouse, withdrew their financial support of the promotion. Additionally, cable television providers Tele-Communications Inc. and Request TV refused to air further Extreme Fighting events.

Needs to be added in as an event thingy.

I tried out Lesnar vs. Couture. Lesnar took him down the whole first round, second round Randy got the triangle and won. This mod is awesome, and the new game makes it even better.

Ill add suggestions here as I come to them:

Rickson Gracie retired for me 5 months in.

Consider yourself lucky, he retired 6 weeks in for me.

Although I must say I have used the mod before and he went several years before calling it quits.

I think you need to change Tanks tactics so that he never does anything but throw bombs and barrages :D

Yeah......in my game John Matua went against the script at UFC 6 when he destroyed Tank Abbot by uppercut KO at 15 min of 1st rnd :eek: Matua then got destroyed by good ol Ken Shamrock so all is not lost. :rolleyes:

The new game adds soooo much to the mod. I played through games 2 or 3 times in WMMA 2. Now different fighters are good. As a heads up, fights will be boring for quite a while. I am in 1997, champs are Ortiz and Couture, I have heavyweights and light heavyweights (100-205).

Im keeping all my rule changes with UFC in time with reality, in September 96 at the moment so another couple of months and i'll feature weight classes when i hit February 97; heavyweights (200 lbs and over) and lightweights (199 lbs and under).

Not sure if this is due to changes in the game, but David Levicki retired a week after he debuted in the game.

Not to be outdone, a few months later, Keith Hackney announced his retirement THE DAY AFTER he began in the game.

I'm a week into June 1994 and Hackney, Levicki and Rickson Gracie are all retired...

Archived