Dawn of MMA Release (WMMA 3 Compatible)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in June 2003, still an amazing mod

BUT- ethnicity is a little bit off. All Brazilians shouldnt be black, and guys like Tito Ortiz should be Latin American. My thinking is that Tito would be a hispanic star, and Wanderlei Silva wouldnt count as a black star.

My current champs- Randy, Rampage, A. Silva, Hughes, Gomi

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="basketball45231" data-cite="basketball45231" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29752" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im in June 2003, still an amazing mod<p> </p><p> BUT- ethnicity is a little bit off. All Brazilians shouldnt be black, and guys like Tito Ortiz should be Latin American. My thinking is that Tito would be a hispanic star, and Wanderlei Silva wouldnt count as a black star.</p><p> </p><p> My current champs- Randy, Rampage, A. Silva, Hughes, Gomi</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice!</p><p> Im in 1995 on mine I think. I have one I simmed through to 2000, and the UFC went bankrupt.</p>

Enjoying the mod but finding a few fighters majorly overrated and others underrated. Royce Gracie appears to be a deadly boxer, KOing half of his opponents, while Shamrock is useless... Also Tank gets beat by everybody including Fred Ettish? lol

A lot of these early strikers should have NO ground game, yet Royce, Shamrock and Severn can't ground them.

Enjoying the mod but finding a few fighters majorly overrated and others underrated. Royce Gracie appears to be a deadly boxer, KOing half of his opponents, while Shamrock is useless... Also Tank gets beat by everybody including Fred Ettish? lol

A lot of these early strikers should have NO ground game, yet Royce, Shamrock and Severn can't ground them.

I think part of that is just the destiny stat (or randomness). Shamrock dominates for years in my game. Royce is solid. Severn is above average.

Things are much different on my end. Shamrock went 13-0 before finally losing to Gary Goodridge.

On the other hand, Royce Gracie was 7-4 before winning 3 in a row. His losses were to Ken Shamrock (twice), Dan Severn and ... Kevin Rosier in the first fight in UFC history!

That's what I love about this mod, every time you start a new game, you never know what's gonna happen.

Anyone else seeing fighters spending a year on the sidelines despite being signed to a promotion, just noticed Anderson Silva has managed just one match in 2 years :S

I think they try to be realistic and have guys "take time off" ... Ken Shamrock in mine was the #1 rated PFP fighter in the world, but -- took like 2.5 years off from fighting and only re-signed when Pride FC was formed.

Am in 2005 and he just debuted for me :)

Lucien - epic mod tbf. Couple of comments / criticisms:

- just not enough guys for the size of the world. Not enough shows run for AI companies and I haven't seen a local show since Pride opened.

- walking weight and max weights prob need to be worked on, in the context of the game engine. Guys like Arona and Griffin constantly miss weight, which I think is due to their walking weight being ~240. Obv, they make weight all the time but the game world doesn't seem to react well to their cutting, even when their weight cutting is set to 100%.

Appreciate the time put into this.

I always get -24000 ppv buys and lose a lot of money. After three ppv's I was like -$25,000.

I had that same problem but it was fixed with one of the first patches. Are you running with the latest version of the game?

• 3 weeks later...

Could be a hidden stat that caused it, but just FYI, I have had a few 205ers who never had much of an issue in real life making weight who have had a nightmare of a time that subsequently led me to tinker in the editor. I made a list, but of course I lost it. I can only remember Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson, and Forrest Griffin off the top of my head. They could not make 205 really at all until I played with the database.

Oh, and Matt Lindland could never make 185 for me either.

Thanks.

Archived