Dawn of MMA Release (WMMA 3 Compatible)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>Does anyone have any idea if this mod can be freely used in other works? I was thinking about using it as a base for my own real world mod (that'd actually start a little earlier and initially focus on the Brazilian Vale Tudo scene and the very early Japanese stuff, like Shooto. Though I think I'm going to have to spend a whole lot of time researching that, as typical MMA websites you'd use in mod making don't really have a whole lot about it.)</p><p> </p><p>

Also, if this project ever gets off the ground (and it might not), I'd also like to update it with more fighters. I haven't checked how far it goes in terms of debuting fighters, but I'd bet some of the newer MMA guys are missing.</p><p> </p><p>

So, anyone know if I can use this, or do I have to start from scratch?</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe its just me but I just downloaded it yesterday and Ken and Royce refuse to sign a contract with more than 3 fights :(. Anyone else get that ? And i have been looking but they don't seem to work for pic pacs. Anyone know any good pic packs that will work ?

Thanks for the help :D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dormammu" data-cite="dormammu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29752" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any idea if this mod can be freely used in other works? I was thinking about using it as a base for my own real world mod (that'd actually start a little earlier and initially focus on the Brazilian Vale Tudo scene and the very early Japanese stuff, like Shooto. Though I think I'm going to have to spend a whole lot of time researching that, as typical MMA websites you'd use in mod making don't really have a whole lot about it.)<p> </p><p> Also, if this project ever gets off the ground (and it might not), I'd also like to update it with more fighters. I haven't checked how far it goes in terms of debuting fighters, but I'd bet some of the newer MMA guys are missing.</p><p> </p><p> So, anyone know if I can use this, or do I have to start from scratch?</p></div></blockquote><p> Shoot him a pm, meantime I am pretty sure you would be fine, since he isn't updating it.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
Do the extensions match? I've had trouble with jpg versus gif in the past. You can make mass changes in the editor to set all of them to one extension or the other.

Yeah, I don't think that's the problem. I checked the files and they're .gif and the mod is looking for .gif files inside the game I'm playing.

Btw, I'm trying to use the Panini Facepack with the Dawn of MMA mod (the one for WMMA3).

• 1 month later...
shame this was never updated.

When released it was only intended as a one-off thing. I may consider a re-release adding in fighters not in DOMMA, but it won't be till my current project is finished, which is my immediate focus.

With regards to pic packs, I've never done anything myself for the mod. I recommend the Panini one because it worked immediately for me, but if your having problems with it, it's not really something I can help you with.

Once I've got the time, I will certainly look at adding new fighters, logos, titles etc, though I'll need help from people with it. Hope that answers all the questions.

Can anyone tell me when and what weightclasses were first introduced in the UFC? I removed the openweight weightclass and now have all the weight classes from Batamweight to Super Heavyweight, but there's no/not many fighters below Lightheavy and hardly anyone in Superheavy.

• 4 months later...
Can anyone tell me when and what weightclasses were first introduced in the UFC? I removed the openweight weightclass and now have all the weight classes from Batamweight to Super Heavyweight, but there's no/not many fighters below Lightheavy and hardly anyone in Superheavy.

If you want to book it realistically, the UFC had no weight divisions, didn't even have a title until UFC5 when they added the Superfight Championship for Gracie vs Shamrock. Weight divisions were introduced for UFC12 in February 97, with the Heavyweight division consisting of everyone over 199lbs & Lightweight everyone 199lbs & under. Lightweight was then renamed Middleweight for UFC14, & the UFC Middleweight title was added for UFC15.5.

UFC16 had the Lightweight division introduced for everyone under 170lbs & at UFC26 they added a Bantamweight division for under 150lbs. At UFC28 they had the only ever UFC Super-Heavyweight fight, featuring Josh Barnett. They went to the current weight class system for UFC31. So yeah, you might have a little wait until there's many fighters in the lower weightclasses.

• 3 weeks later...

The wikipedia page on the UFC has the evolution of the rules and at what card they happened. This will help too.

Archived