What's Going on in YOUR Game?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got one hell of a card booked for my TV show UFC Adrenaline 3 in the Dawn of MMA now up to 2008. This is the first card I've booked as a low level international company.

Heavyweight Title - Fedor Emelianenko (14-1) vs. Brock Lesnar (1-0)

Lesnar won his first ever fight against Brandon Vera and has been waiting for Fedor to be ready since then. Fedor lost his only fight to Randy Couture, who he then defeated and moved down to light heavyweight. While I do expect Fedor to win, I'm rooting for Lesnar.

Light Heavyweight Title - Shogun (8-1) vs. Rashad Evans (10-1)

Shogun won the belt from Rashad a year earlier and has yet to have a challenger since then. This was due to Randy Couture becoming the number one contender and then going on a leave of absence, the only logical challengers left were Rashad and Machida so they fought to decide who would fight Shogun in his first defense.

Middleweight - Thiago Alves (8-4) vs. Drew McFedries (6-1)

Originally this fight was Alves vs. Frank Shamrock but this makes more sense, considering McFedries is on a winning streak and #5 ranked. I do expect Alves to destroy him however, and when he does he will fight the winner of Marquardt vs. Silva 3.

Heavyweight - Alistair Overeem (11-8) vs. Kimbo Slice (0-1)

Kimbo lost his first fight to Cain Valesquez but remains a big draw, so I put him against Overeem who is sort of permanently in the middle of the pack.

Light Heavyweight - Chuck Liddell (10-8) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (3-1)

What should be an entertaining fight to kick off the main card.

PRELIMS:

Welterweight - Jay Hieron (7-2) vs. Karo Parisyan (14-7)

Heavyweight - Ben Rothwell (17-7) vs. Roger Gracie (2-1)

with all due respect having three guys on the main card of a UFC PPV in 2008 with records of 1-0, 0-1, 3-1 respectively doesn't really cut it as "one hell of a card".

Normally I would agree with this,but your talking about Brock Lesnar who has a massive name and Kimbo who also a massive name.The only one to be questioned would be Soko Vs Liddel and he gave his reasons for that as being a good scrap on paper that should get the crowd going to start the PPV.I would like to see your next card The-619 if you wouldn't mind posting it just to see what you have going on.

Using the re-done mod, Luke Hilton is now a 4-time world champion, between three different weight classes. He's a 2-time BW champ, then he went down to FLW, and now he's captured the FW title at 32 years old. Once he drops that he'll likely go for LW, but considering the depth of my LW division, I'm doubting that he captures that one. Regardless, it's pretty impressive.

Using the re-done mod, Luke Hilton is now a 4-time world champion, between three different weight classes. He's a 2-time BW champ, then he went down to FLW, and now he's captured the FW title at 32 years old. Once he drops that he'll likely go for LW, but considering the depth of my LW division, I'm doubting that he captures that one. Regardless, it's pretty impressive.

What's the re-done mod?

What's the re-done mod?

The re-done mod is a modified version of the default universe. It adds the flyweight and bantamweight divisions, as well as a women's flyweight vision. It also has some super heavyweights (about 30ish) but not really enough for a strong division. It changes around a lot of the workers' weight classes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rebby" data-cite="Rebby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29775" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The re-done mod is a modified version of the default universe. It adds the flyweight and bantamweight divisions, as well as a women's flyweight vision. It also has some super heavyweights (about 30ish) but not really enough for a strong division. It changes around a lot of the workers' weight classes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Download link??</p><p> </p><p> I *think* I have this downloaded (I seem to recall an "eyeball" expansion or something??) but I want to be sure...</p>

<p>Alistair Overeem returned from his year-long drug suspension, defeated Mir, then defeated Cain Velasquez for the UFC HW Title at UFC 156.</p><p> </p><p>

He then defended the title against Roy Nelson, at UFC 164, a fantastic fight in which he was knocked down in the first but managed to come back and TKO Big Country in the second.</p><p> </p><p>

And then I get an email. Overeem busted in the post-fight drug test and suspended for another year.</p><p> </p><p>

Not sure what to do. I might strip him of his title and send him to Strikeforce, or just outright sack the idiot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rebby" data-cite="Rebby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29775" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The re-done mod is a modified version of the default universe. It adds the flyweight and bantamweight divisions, as well as a women's flyweight vision. It also has some super heavyweights (about 30ish) but not really enough for a strong division. It changes around a lot of the workers' weight classes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is this the redone mod you speak of ?</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395011" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395011</a></p>

<p>playing DOMMA starting as UFC with rules evolving a little differently, mainly just ten minute rounds (4x10 non title, 6x10 title) with scoring for the whole bout rather than 10 point must. bit more grappling based too with less ground striking legal.</p><p> </p><p>

currently in 2000 after adopting the Bellator tournament model post UFC 20. am pretty much hooked on using the Bellator model for every game I play now. I just can't stop. TV driven promotion, not running ppv's, tournament's each season to crown challengers.</p><p> </p><p>

Shamrock/Taktarov had a pretty big series of matches in the pre tournament era. After Shamrock accepted a deal to move to Pride, while being my current heavyweight champion, I paired him with Taktarov one last time in his last fight in a desperate attempt to get the belt off him. Taktarov pulled the upset and has ruled the heavyweight division since.</p><p> </p><p>

John Lewis/Akihiro Gono have been exchanging the welterweight title, one match being a draw too. Gono is the current champ.</p><p> </p><p>

next challenger for him is Jens Pulver. the plan was that as soon as pulver got knocked out of the season 3 welterweight tournament to move him down to lightweight. he just didn't ever get knocked out and won the thing.</p><p> </p><p>

Masakatsu Funaki was the dominant Middleweight champ in the early days, winning some pre UFC20 openweight tournaments, then when the divisions were formed becoming the first middleweight champ. did lose a middleweight title fight to frank shamrock but frankie failed to make weight. funaki eventually lost the belt to jorge patino, who then lost it to shamrock after he won the season 2 middleweight tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

royler gracie won the season 2 lightweight tournament (first lightweight tourney) to win the belt but has not made a defence yet.</p><p> </p><p>

at light-heavy bas rutten held the belt before dropping it to dan henderson. henderson's first defence was against season 2 tournament winner mike van arsdale, which he made successfully.</p><p> </p><p>

EF have already died, Pride have a lot of the better known fighters at this point but now that we're over national and have better tv deals we've solidified our position.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

So I worked for the UFC from 1996-2001 and they randomly fire me after me making them so much money.So in 2003 a new company opens up I take over and rename them ICON and start with them and im now in the year 2010 and am the biggest company and my main goal is just to crush the UFC, and steal every talent worth anything they have and its been successful.

But the UFC decided to go head to head with me recently and then cancelled the event before it happened which was probably good for them because on that night history was made when Jorge Gurgel became the second man in ICON to have two title wins in two different weight classes(Lightweight in 2005 and Featherweight in 2010) and the event drew in 1.2 million buys which would have crushed the UFC if they tried to go head to head.

Also im just really happy for Gurgel who after having some rocky career moments finally a second title

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/ninotheman/GurgelFightHistory.jpg

So I worked for the UFC from 1996-2001 and they randomly fire me after me making them so much money.So in 2003 a new company opens up I take over and rename them ICON and start with them and im now in the year 2010 and am the biggest company and my main goal is just to crush the UFC, and steal every talent worth anything they have and its been successful.

But the UFC decided to go head to head with me recently and then cancelled the event before it happened which was probably good for them because on that night history was made when Jorge Gurgel became the second man in ICON to have two title wins in two different weight classes(Lightweight in 2005 and Featherweight in 2010) and the event drew in 1.2 million buys which would have crushed the UFC if they tried to go head to head.

Also im just really happy for Gurgel who after having some rocky career moments finally a second title

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/ninotheman/GurgelFightHistory.jpg

Lol, you know the mod is trash when george gurgel wins a title.. let alone in 2 divisions.

Lol, you know the mod is trash when george gurgel wins a title.. let alone in 2 divisions.

The mod is not trash at all. I don't think you understand WMMA3 game mechanics. There are destiny values and various other potentials for fighters which can be different every time you play the game. You'll never quite see the same fighters dominate in every single game, this is what makes WMMA3 so replayable.

If the game played every fighter the same every time, according to his predetermined stats, well the game would get boring very fast and have little replayability.

The mod is not trash at all. I don't think you understand WMMA3 game mechanics. There are destiny values and various other potentials for fighters which can be different every time you play the game. You'll never quite see the same fighters dominate in every single game, this is what makes WMMA3 so replayable.

If the game played every fighter the same every time, according to his predetermined stats, well the game would get boring very fast and have little replayability.

I was making a joke. It was more of an insult to gurgel then to the mod itself. Hopefully whoever made the mod doesn't take it as an insult as I did not aim that at them personally.

Lets be honest though, gurgel is probably one of the worst fighter in the history of the UFC.

For those of us who have never followed MMA, what a particular fighter is like in real life is irrelevant. To me, all of these guys might as well be fictional. :) In fact, I did not even know any of the fighters in WMMA3 were real!

That said, I'm glad they will never perform the same in successive games. I want to continue to enjoy and be surprised by this game for years to come.

I'm two cards into my new game as a created Low Level Regional company - Mersey Ring Warriors - and I can already see that I'm going to be in for a tough ride, especially with British Cage Fighting wasting little time cherry-picking talent off me. I'm using the hiring rules from the Challenge thread, which makes for an excellent approach to this aspect of the game imho, and it's currently all about establishing name values, while hoping I keep the guys that do so.

Our first show saw Phil Verdigree stop Reynolds Baer in a comeback Heavyweight victory as it's main event, which drew a Fantastic rating, while Freddy Lomax won a unanimous decision against Liam O'Donnell in the Featherweight co-main in a bout that had ME booing at the screen, it was that dull!

Loving this so far though, and I may even start a diary once I have a few more cards under my belt.

Archived