"The League"--Seasons Three and Four

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Four, Postseason

October 27, 2011

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

After two nights of matches and the crowning of our fourth League Champion, it's time to look back on the season that was, and prepare for the season to come. Good evening, everyone! Tori Montgomery here, a bit more composed after the events of last night and ready to go over the traditional post-season awards.

As always, we'll start with a look at the final League standings for the season...

FINAL SEASON STANDINGS

(League Champion) Robbie Maynard (9-5, 3.429 AMR)

Maynard seemed unstoppable last night, steamrolling over Templeton en route to his first League Championship and a lot of celebrations in pubs throughout England.

(Runner-Up) Nuclear Templeton (9-5, 4.214 AMR)

For the second straight season, Templeton falls just short in the finals, leading me to wonder if it's performance anxiety, or simply the inability to get the job finished.

(Third Place) Thor Hammerskald (8-6, 5.286 AMR)

A career-best finish for the Viking, who seems poised for a run at the Championship if Frankie Garnett can get him psyched up enough.

(Fourth Place) Maxx Skabb (8-6, 3.786 AMR)

Another career-best finish, and with a surprising lack of stab victims last night, I think we can consider Skabb appeased for at least a day or two.

(Fifth Place) Sean (11-3, 4.286 AMR)

The defending champ and the top seed entering the playoffs, he may have repeated if not for Skabb upsetting him in the opening round. Rumors abound of a possible gimmick change, based off of Charlie Sheen, but these are as of yet unfounded.

(Sixth Place) The Phoenix (10-4, 2.857 AMR)

After last night, the question has to be asked: will Phoenix even have a manager next season, despite having already renewed Te'Snilo's license for another two seasons?

(Seventh Place) Dante Lorenzo (9-5, 3.714 AMR)

A small bit of redemption for the rookie, who is emerging as perhaps one of the newest stars in the League despite his age.

(Eighth Place) Johnny Triumph (10-4, 3.857 AMR)

The former League Champion could do no right in the playoffs this season, squandering a #2 seed with three straight losses.

(League #9) Diamond (8-6, 3.643 AMR)

One spot shy of the playoffs in her second straight winning season, Diamond seems to be harboring some doubt of returning next season. The hopes of womankind everywhere ride on her shoulders.

(League #10) Ezekial Kerghan (8-6, 2.500 AMR)

Kerghan has said very little to League officials all season; there is some doubt that he will be able to return due to being returned to Whispering Oaks.

(League #11) Tarik Nolan (7-7, 4.000 AMR)

Despite a respectable record this season, Nolan has sworn that either the Cajun cooking or a failed voodoo hex is to blame for him missing the playoffs.

(League #12) Scott Stevens (6-8, 3.071 AMR)

Dipping below .500 this season, Stevens seems to have regained some of his mental stability, and could pose a threat next season.

(League #13) Master Imoka (6-8, 2.357 AMR)

Another of this season's rookies, Imoka's no-nonsense style has proven to be a threat, and could be the precursor to avoiding the sophomore slump.

(League #14) Benjamin T. Stanton, Jr. (6-8, 4.929 AMR)

My surprise of the season, Stanton's return is questionable at this point. The aristocrat may have gotten it out of his system; not uncommon for men of his financial stature.

(League #15) Rannulf von Krüshengberg (6-8, 4.643 AMR)

The League's largest member posts a record just under .500; rumors have reached me that half of Germany's restaurants are no longer in business as Rannulf tried to eat himself into a forgetful haze as consolation.

(League #16) SGRaaize (5-9, 3.500 AMR)

Unless a last-second change of heart occurs, I don't see Raaize returning in season five. His heart did not seem in it at all this season.

(League #17) Pizza Mask III (5-9, 4.286 AMR)

Despite concussion fears, the Florida backyarder has surprised a lot of people, and looks to next season to really make his name known. Rumors that he is thinking of adopting a pizza-eating turtle gimmick remain unfounded.

(League #18) Eidenhoek Gaiaspade (4-10, 5.143 AMR)

Gaius was supposedly sent away from his home on the Isle of Tria, told not to return until he can prove himself capable of winning more often than he loses.

(League #19) Jack Lightning (3-11, 5.000 AMR)

After the season that Lightning suffered, no one would begrudge him the chance to lick his wounds in private and seek employment elsewhere. I don't see him hiding, though—I think he'll be back next season, though no official word has come through League Headquarters yet.

(League #20) Ian Carlisle (2-12, 5.357 AMR)

Nothing went Carlisle's way last season; I hear he's already hard at work on preparing for Season Five and competing for an even record.

SEASONAL AWARDS

The winners of these awards will receive the bonuses shown to their training cash totals when they become available for season five in a couple of weeks.

Playoff Appearance Bonus ($50): Sean, Johnny Triumph, The Phoenix, Dante Lorenzo, Robbie Maynard, Nuclear Templeton, Thor Hammerskald, Maxx Skabb.

Division Champion Bonus ($50): Sean, Johnny Triumph, The Phoenix, Dante Lorenzo, Robbie Maynard

Entertainer of the Season ($50): Ian Carlisle, with a 5.357 (C+) Average match Rating. Honorable Mentions: Thor Hammerskald (5.286), Eidenhoek Gaiaspade (5.143).

Upset of the Season ($100 to winner): Ezekial Kerghan. (Kerghan (5%) def. Lightning (21%), 6:20, E: Week 4 in North UK. Deficit of 16.00%)

Match of the Season ($200 to each participant): Scott Stevens def. The Phoenix (First Blood): Kinki (Japan), 58:30, A*.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

Most Correct for the Week: 2, tied between GruntMark and Jaded. Big props to Jaded for being the only person to get the finals totally correct.

Most Points for the Week: 18.00, by both Jaded and GruntMark.

After the first night, the predictions were a done deal. With my entire finals in the lower half of the bracket, there was nothing that could stop Derek B from locking up his first prediction title.

POINTS AVAILABLE THIS WEEK: 82.00 (Total For Season: 471.68)

1. Derek B: 199.71 points (4.00 last week), 91 total picks correct.

2. Tori Montgomery: 176.52 points (0.00 last week), 85 total picks correct.

3. I Effin Rule: 159.23 points (0.00 last week), 87 total picks correct.

4. Jaded: 158.28 points (18.00 last week), 72 total picks correct.

5. Dangrel: 156.89 points (0.00 last week), 69 total picks correct.

6. GruntMark: 151.82 points (18.00 last week), 80 total picks correct.

7. mjdgoldeneye: 145.18 points (12.00 last week), 72 total picks correct.

8. Prophet: 140.64 points (0.00 last week), 73 total picks correct.

9. moon_lit_tears: 139.23 points (4.00 last week), 82 total picks correct.

10. Ranson: 136.65 points (4.00 last week), 84 total picks correct.

11. Jman2k3: 129.96 points (0.00 last week), 72 total picks correct.

12. Comradebot: 123.69 points (0.00 last week), 75 total picks correct.

13. OctoberRaven: 115.75 points (0.00 last week), 72 total picks correct.

14. CJAlex: 73.34 points (0.00 last week), 34 total picks correct.

15. masterded: 47.49 points (0.00 last week), 26 total picks correct.

16. SeanMcG: 25.01 points (0.00 last week), 13 total picks correct.

17. MichiganHero: 14.01 points (0.00 last week), 10 total picks correct.

With that, Derek will get to pick the divisional format for The League next season. He's already been in contact with me, and hinted at what he has planned, which is remarkably similar to the thought I was having had I taken the lead.

After open registration ends in two weeks, the schedule will be finalized, and we will be ready for a new season.

And with that, folks, that will put a wrap on season four. We'll see you in a few weeks' time for the start of season five. Until then, this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

<hr>

Anyone looking to return or sign up for next season should post as such in the League Discussion thread. (MJD, SGRaaize, and MichiganHero, I'm looking at you three! :cool:)

I will be taking a couple of days off to recharge my mental batteries, and will start setting up the current pages, my spreadsheet, and the like for season five beginning early next week. As stated before, all updates to your character's stat page (for playoff stats, playoff training, prediction bonuses, seasonal bonuses, and records) will be posted when the sign-ups close, in order to allow me time to make the updates and configure sheets for our two returning (former) League members and any new sign-ups that come along.

Also, I am in search of someone with better graphical skills than I to make some name banners I plan to use as a gateway to each wrestler's quick bio page I will have available for next season, as well as those for the schedule, current League Standings, and perhaps a couple other things that I have yet to think of. Please get in touch with me if interested in helping.

I am sad that Nuclear once again finished second... I had some ideas for promos for the upcoming season based on him being a champion, but being runner-up makes them way less interesting... might write one anyways, we need to have at least one interesting character around here. :p

Twitternet.

@Survive_The_Sting! - Heard @PizzaMaskIII was talking mess so I'm here to clear up some of his delusional claims. You had no chance of being in the playoffs over me. Even if we ended up tied and there was a spot open I would go ahead of you because I would have the better divisional record since I beat you twice. That's right I own you boy and will continue to own you and that talentless hack Sebastian Moore as well. Careful PMIII or I'll retire you just like I did a former superhero around here named Super Century. #KeepDreamingSon #ScorpionIsGod

@PizzaMaskIII- @Survive_The_Sting! I was still in the playoff hunt two weeks after you were out. #FACT #YouJustGotOwn #ScottStevensIsSmelly

Added in the next tweet was a hyperlink to a screenshot from SWF Supreme Challenge 32 for the PS3, with an edit of Pizza Mask III standing triumphantly over what looks like Scott Stevens in a dress.

@PizzaMaskIII- At least I stand up to dorks like you by myself, you need your MOSC wannabe friends from LPW to watch your back. #ScottStevensIsSmelly

@PizzaMaskIII- Then again it makes sense that @Survive_The_Sting! is part of a promotion called Ladies Poorly Wrestling.

Following that is an (obviously) photoshopped picture from a BSC event, with Alison Capone throwing Scott Stevens (with Pixie's body) over the top rope.

Twitternet.

@Survive_The_Sting! - Looks like @PizzaMaskIII is hitting the "sauce" a little early this morning.

@Survive_The_Sting! - @PizzaMaskIII Who the hell are the MOSC? My friends are named Lantz, Gary, Kyle, Kraven, and Deacon. They are TBTY because they are simply better than you! #ScorpionIsGod #TBTY4Life

@Survive_The_Sting! - Dante since you cost me $100,000, I'm kicking your ass. You hid from me last season but you can't hide forever.

@PizzaMaskIII- @Survive_The_Sting! Which stands for They Better Turn Yellow, right? #ScottStevensIsSmelly

@PizzaMaskIII- MOSC = Men of Steel Combat. How do you not know this? #ScottStevensIsAlsoDumb

@PizzaMaskIII- Why am I arguing with a guy with a comedy gimmick anyway?

Via Twitter

<p>Twitternet.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30523" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> @Survive_The_Sting! - @PizzaMaskIII MOSC = Men of Steel Combat. Those are Thor's friends not mine. And this kid says I'm dumb. #PMIIIJustHotPwnedAgain&IsDumb #ScorpionIsGod</p><p> </p><p> @Survive_The_Sting! - @PizzaMaskIII TBTY = Team Better Than You and of course we are better than you. #TBTY4Life</p><p> </p><p> @Survive_The_Sting! - @PizzaMaskIII Comedy gimmick? Lmfao!!! I'm not the one who wrestles behind a mask and my former employer is Domino's son. I'm the best wrestle in the world today and of all time. Don't forget it rookie.</p><p> </p><p> @Survive_The_Sting! - Speaking of Domino's, Ranuulf if you eat my pizza again I'm kicking your ass! #HitTheGymFatAss</p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30523" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@PizzaMaskIII- I am a defender of pizza from the evils of the Dark Salad Demon.<p> </p><p> @PizzaMaskIII- I defy you to think of a more serious profession.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Via Twitters</p>

<p>Twitternet.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30523" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@Survive_The_Sting! - @PizzaMaskIII You want me to think of a more serious profession? Simple. How about putting boot to ass all day everyday. That's my profession and I will continue to do what I do best and you will be beaten again by me. #ScorpionIsGod</div></blockquote>

My turn to use Twitter, darn it all!

@GloriousRequiem: It goes from bad to worse. I've been served, grounds of endangerment and cruelty.

@GloriousRequiem: Here's the part that'll really get you folks, though. Tess is pregnant...and it's not mine.

@GloriousRequiem: Heading into League HQ in Chicago for a meeting with C. Marshall. Not about to lose $1500 over her.

@GloriousRequiem: Whoever did it to her better pray they don't see me. I will end them.

@GloriousRequiem: Finally, gotta show respect to @PizzaMaskIII. I got your back if ya need it. #ScottStevensIsSmelly

Twitternet.

@Survive_The_Sting! - Looks like @GloriousRequiem wife left him to find a real man and has a bun in the oven. I wonder whose it is? #CallMaury

@Survive_The_Sting! - @GloriousRequiem You think I'm scared that you have @PizzaMaskIII back? Last time I saw you I left you bleeding like a stuck pig because I own you boy! #ScorpionIsGod

TwitterNet

@Glorious Requiem - I feel so very sorry for you man, it is always though when something likes this happens

@Glorious Requiem - I will like to tell you that the child is not mine

@Survive_The_Sting! - I am going to presume rather Harshly, that this was your elboarte plan to get revenge on @Glorious Requiem, and that the Child is in Fact yours

@GloriousRequiem- We should totally do a tag mach against @Survive_The_Sting!. Of course because #ScottStevensIsSmelly nobody would want to be his partner.

@PizzaMaskIII- #ThePizzaWagon update: Paintjob is finished. Sound system needs to be revamped.

@PizzaMaskIII- #ThePizzaWagon has an 8-Track and I only have one tape. Gonna switch to an MP3-compatable deck.

@PizzaMaskIII- Till then #ThePizzaWagon is #ScreaminForVengeance

Via Twitter

PAGES HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

For our two returning members, links have been sent to your respective PM Inboxes.

With pages updated, I will go ahead and make the deadline official.

TRAINING PM'S ARE DUE BY SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2011 AT 8:00 PM EST // 0100 GMT ON 21 NOVEMBER 2011. FOR THOSE WRESTLERS WITH FREE POINTS, ANY NOT USED BY THIS TIME WILL BE FORFEITED.

Note that deadline for the first week is one day earlier than the traditional Monday night deadline, so that enough time is given to input all training PM's received. Given that the submission window is a week and a half longer than usual, I think it justified.

Predictions will open when the first card is decided, and deadline will likely be the night of the show itself (the 22nd).

Derek: I know there is a good bit of time yet before sign-ups close, but if you come to a decision early regarding the schedule formation, please let me know so I can start work on getting my template prepared. (After all, it took me about three full days last season to set up a somewhat-balanced five division schedule! :cool:)

And now, time to work on bio pages and name banners. I fear for my sanity....

PAGES HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

For our two returning members, links have been sent to your respective PM Inboxes.

With pages updated, I will go ahead and make the deadline official.

TRAINING PM'S ARE DUE BY SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2011 AT 8:00 PM EST // 0100 GMT ON 21 NOVEMBER 2011. FOR THOSE WRESTLERS WITH FREE POINTS, ANY NOT USED BY THIS TIME WILL BE FORFEITED.

Note that deadline for the first week is one day earlier than the traditional Monday night deadline, so that enough time is given to input all training PM's received. Given that the submission window is a week and a half longer than usual, I think it justified.

Predictions will open when the first card is decided, and deadline will likely be the night of the show itself (the 22nd).

Derek: I know there is a good bit of time yet before sign-ups close, but if you come to a decision early regarding the schedule formation, please let me know so I can start work on getting my template prepared. (After all, it took me about three full days last season to set up a somewhat-balanced five division schedule! :cool:)

And now, time to work on bio pages and name banners. I fear for my sanity....

Just stat pages have been updated or have the wrestler move pages been updated as well?

Archived