~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you get them to get sober? Just be a hardass every time they're in trouble?

Edit: Okay I think I figured it out. So far after doing extreme testing on shows and comprehensive on off days, I've got valentine, bravo, smash, dibiase, adonis, hercules, and martel saying they'll be clean, and a few more saying it'll never happen again.

Unfortunately Roberts, Hogan, Savage, Dynamite Kid, and Vince hate my guts and I can't get rid of any of them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>WWF Wrestling Challenge</strong><p> <em>Pre-Show: Billy Jack Haynes d. Kamala - C+</em></p><p> Demolition d. Lanny Poffo & S.D. Jones - D+</p><p> Demolition promo - C</p><p> Adrian Adonis interview - B</p><p> The Islanders d. The Wild Samoans - C</p><p> Honky Tonk Man w/ Jimmy Hart interview - B-</p><p> Iron Sheik * Volkoff d. The Killer Bees (tainted win) - C</p><p> Sheik/Volkoff promo - C-</p><p> Muraco interview - C+</p><p> The Killer Bees promo - C-</p><p> JYD Interview - C-</p><p> Steamboat promo - B+</p><p> Koko B. Ware and Butch Reed double countout - C</p><p> <strong>Final Rating: C+</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> As this is my B show I wasn't expecting anything great. Just putting some of the smaller talent on and furthering some of the lesser storylines heading in to Wrestlemania III.</p><p> </p><p> Also, going through contract negotiations I would have a look at Bret Hart. International star and asking for something like 19,000? In 1987? No. He needs a significant drop in popularity somewhere.</p>

<p><em>Also, going through contract negotiations I would have a look at Bret Hart. International star and asking for something like 19,000? In 1987? No. He needs a significant drop in popularity somewhere.</em></p><p> </p><p>

That more than likely isn't due to popularity. It is the fact that he is a wrestling machine that causes the high wage demands because of some of the other wrestlers wages you should be getting the note "I should be getting paid more based on how other wrestlers of my ability are". That's paraphrased, but you get that note on any great wrestler unless they're totally unknown/little known. And since NJPW or AJPW sign Piper and Bret away from WWF in all my games, you better bite the bullet and sign him now. You're International running 2 shows plus House Shows so money should never be an object...at least for anyone with talent and not a backstage cancer.</p><p> </p><p>

And I completely understand where you're coming from Genadi on what you want this mod to be. I'll be looking forward to your updated mod. Where are you going on the drug use? 10%/15%/20% heavy users then lower for lesser ones? Just curious as that's the hardest thing about this mod--realism vs performance. I think all of us want the drug use in, but we don't want JTS and the Road Warriors to name a couple not being able to cut promos.</p><p> </p><p>

As I mentioned with the Hotbed arenas, it not really necessary, but it is the one thing I saw that varied wildly from DOTT. It is something that will help JCP players though (if they don't create their own arena like I do) as that does make about a 1,000 person difference in attendance, and at Cult, you need all the money you can get.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That more than likely isn't due to popularity. It is the fact that he is a wrestling machine that causes the high wage demands because of some of the other wrestlers wages you should be getting the note "I should be getting paid more based on how other wrestlers of my ability are". That's paraphrased, but you get that note on any great wrestler unless they're totally unknown/little known. And since NJPW or AJPW sign Piper and Bret away from WWF in all my games, you better bite the bullet and sign him now. You're International running 2 shows plus House Shows so money should never be an object...at least for anyone with talent and not a backstage cancer.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't see that note. All I saw was the note at the top saying because he was an international star he is likely to ask for X dollars. It's possible I missed it. With him on exclusive P.P.A. I just ended the negotiations there and will re-visit soon enough if I can. However, with Genaldi continuing to work on newer versions that change some of the issues it's entirely possible this game turns out to be a trial run as I re-learn the mechanics of the game.</p>

And I completely understand where you're coming from Genadi on what you want this mod to be. I'll be looking forward to your updated mod. Where are you going on the drug use? 10%/15%/20% heavy users then lower for lesser ones? Just curious as that's the hardest thing about this mod--realism vs performance. I think all of us want the drug use in, but we don't want JTS and the Road Warriors to name a couple not being able to cut promos.

Yeah pretty much halfing any personal stats over the 20% mark and tweaking few others here and there. As you said guys like the Road Warriors shouldn't be seeing penalties for promos.

As I mentioned with the Hotbed arenas, it not really necessary, but it is the one thing I saw that varied wildly from DOTT. It is something that will help JCP players though (if they don't create their own arena like I do) as that does make about a 1,000 person difference in attendance, and at Cult, you need all the money you can get.

Happy to add a bunch of these mate but please let me know which ones. I've got so much going on atm I won't have time for a little bit to start researching old venues and judging what should be a HB or not. 95% of the locations come from the great work Phil Parent did a while back, I've done little work to it since.

<p>Some ideas for Hotbed arenas: <strong>Philadelphia Spectrum</strong>, <strong>Dallas Sportsatorium</strong>, <strong>Richmond Coliseum</strong> (Virginia), <strong>Charlotte Coliseum or Independence Hall</strong> (Not sure how it is labeled in this mod), <strong>Greensboro Coliseum</strong> (Greensboro North Carolina, a must!), <strong>Memorial Auditorium</strong> (Greensburg South Carolina!) <strong>Salem Civic Center </strong>(Virginia), <strong>The Summit in Houston, TX</strong>, <strong>The Cow Palace</strong> in California, L<strong>egion Street Rec</strong> in Tennessee, <strong>JS Dorton Arena</strong> (North Carolina), <strong>Norfolk Scope</strong> (Virginia), <strong>Mid South Coliseum</strong> in Memphis is a must, <strong>The Omni</strong> in Georgia a must, <strong>Reunion Arena</strong> in Dallas, TX and last but not least the <strong>Greenville Memorial Auditorium</strong>. I think JCP held a show there every week in the 80s.</p><p> </p><p>

That should be enough for a good start. I don't if anyone wants to add to those.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pre-show: The Dream Team d. Young Stallions - C<p> Roddy Piper Interview - B+</p><p> The British Bulldogs d. Demolition - C+</p><p> Hart Foundation Attacks, Tito Saves - D+</p><p> Iron Sheik/Volkoff Promo - D+</p><p> Hercule w/ Heenan Interview - B-</p><p> King Kong Bundy d. Barry O - D+</p><p> Koko B. Ware Interview - C</p><p> Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan Interview - B</p><p> Roddy Piper d. Kamala - C+</p><p> The Hart Foundation Interview - C</p><p> Jake Roberts Interview - C</p><p> Randy Savage Promo - B+</p><p> Billy Jack Haynes d. Hercules (DQ) - C+</p><p> <strong>Overall Rating: C+</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> With two more shows to run I didn't want to waste any Hulk/Andre stuff here but instead directly leading in to Wrestlemania. I am a bit disappointed with the Hart Foundation attack and Tito save getting a D+ and with a short Piper match with an upper midcarder like Kamala a C+ (although to be expected). But the Hart Foundation and Jake Roberts interviews were the only real disappointing ratings I got, the rest I kind of expected but was hoping to sneak in a B- rating overall.</p>

Don't think anyone else noticed this one yet, but either Warlord should be managed by Paul Jones, or else Barbarian shouldn't be. I don't really know right off the top of my head if they were in at this time or not, but neither of them are listed in the Paul Jones's Army stable. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... this isn't exactly my best known time frame.

Okay much thanks to everyone who's helped straighten out the morale and drug issues. I finally have a clean roster after 2 months with the exception of savage, LOD, and Roberts, all of whom I suspended for June and I hope that gets it through their head. Vince is another story altogether. I think I'll just have to send him to dev and get him out of my locker room. I even got Hogan to get clean and to quit being a dick to people. Now to get my backstage higher than 0% lol.

Some ideas for Hotbed arenas: Philadelphia Spectrum, Dallas Sportsatorium, Richmond Coliseum (Virginia), Charlotte Coliseum or Independence Hall (Not sure how it is labeled in this mod), Greensboro Coliseum (Greensboro North Carolina, a must!), Memorial Auditorium (Greensburg South Carolina!) Salem Civic Center (Virginia), The Summit in Houston, TX, The Cow Palace in California, Legion Street Rec in Tennessee, JS Dorton Arena (North Carolina), Norfolk Scope (Virginia), Mid South Coliseum in Memphis is a must, The Omni in Georgia a must, Reunion Arena in Dallas, TX and last but not least the Greenville Memorial Auditorium. I think JCP held a show there every week in the 80s.

That should be enough for a good start. I don't if anyone wants to add to those.

Those are fine. As I've said, it's not an issue I'm concerned about so since no one else is really raising any ruckus about it feel free to just add these or ignore it altogether. I think all you have to do is raise Traditional to the highest level to make it hotbed.

One thing, I just have a question for everyone on. What does Match Prestige do? Is there a big difference between low (default in this mod) and average? I know it impacts match ratings. I'm just curious as to how much. Basically, I am curious if having them at Average in my DOTT game made things grade out way higher than they should have giving me an unfair advantage.

Good luck on fixing The Road Warriors. I've dropped Animal down to 10% on everything, and I just got a 57 on a 5 min hype angle with Ellering on the mic and those 2 on Overness.

Some ideas for Hotbed arenas: Philadelphia Spectrum, Dallas Sportsatorium, Richmond Coliseum (Virginia), Charlotte Coliseum or Independence Hall (Not sure how it is labeled in this mod), Greensboro Coliseum (Greensboro North Carolina, a must!), Memorial Auditorium (Greensburg South Carolina!) Salem Civic Center (Virginia), The Summit in Houston, TX, The Cow Palace in California, Legion Street Rec in Tennessee, JS Dorton Arena (North Carolina), Norfolk Scope (Virginia), Mid South Coliseum in Memphis is a must, The Omni in Georgia a must, Reunion Arena in Dallas, TX and last but not least the Greenville Memorial Auditorium. I think JCP held a show there every week in the 80s.

That should be enough for a good start. I don't if anyone wants to add to those.

This is what I call good feedback, tyvm and all will be including in next update.

I'd add MSG to that list. IIRC it isn't a hotbed in the mod, but as THE wrestling venue, seemed odd that it wasn't.

Yeah MSG is a must clearly. I don't really know much about venues in the Northeast beyond MSG, and definitely don't know Minnesota venues or that area for the AWA. Someone else will else to help with that.

How do you get them to get sober? Just be a hardass every time they're in trouble?

Edit: Okay I think I figured it out. So far after doing extreme testing on shows and comprehensive on off days, I've got valentine, bravo, smash, dibiase, adonis, hercules, and martel saying they'll be clean, and a few more saying it'll never happen again.

Smash? Since when did Barry Darsow have a documented drug problem? Is he set like that in the database or is that something that developed in the game?

I'll continue having steroid issues, especially after Wrestlemania, but currently I've only had three:

Dino Bravo who said he's try to get better but he isn't reformed.

Muraco who basically laughed.

And Hercules. The ol' father approach reformed him which I was happy about because I'd like to keep him around for a few years without too much issue.

Pre-Show: Demolition d. The Young Stallions - C

Butch Reed w/ Slick interview - C-

Kamala d. Corporal Kirchner - D

Bundy's midgets attack Hillbilly's - E-

Adrian Adonis interview - C

The Killer Bees d. The Assassin & Jimmy Jack Funk - D

The Iron Shiek & Volkoff attack The Killer Bees - D+

Honky attacks Jake during The Snake Pit - C-

The Dream Team d. The Islanders - C+

Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan interview - B

Roddy Piper Promo - B

Don Muraco d. Tito Santana - B-

Hart Foundation attack, Davey saves - C-

Overall Rating: C

Wasn't expecting much, surprised by the end of the show.

I think WWF roster needs overness looked at. Brutus being at upper midcard isn't right, he was still apart of The Dream Team and had yet to get a significant push until after Mania. There are a couple others like this (Young Stallions and Demolition as midcard, should be lower. Demolition as low mid, Young Stallions as possible openers).

Wasn't expecting much, surprised by the end of the show.

I think WWF roster needs overness looked at. Brutus being at upper midcard isn't right, he was still apart of The Dream Team and had yet to get a significant push until after Mania. There are a couple others like this (Young Stallions and Demolition as midcard, should be lower. Demolition as low mid, Young Stallions as possible openers).

While I can agree on some of those points I think the playability of being WWF would be much more difficult then. Overness is low as is and hurts the WWF as it is now. I feel it's hard enough right now.

Archived