Multi-person 2011 Mod. New System.

Can i be the head writer for WWE please?

also, what year is this going to be taking place in and how often will shows need to be made?

Sure. Head writer it is. Wellcome on board. As for the frequency, we will try to test it. So the head bookers will try and decide a number of shows a week to do. We have to bear in mind that promotions have different sizes, so we will have that in mind when we decide.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So as head booker you tell people what to do?

So you could say simply push x, or alternatively say put x and y in a feud or even specifically go to a writer and say I want a feud that starts with a hit and run x is hurt, y is then a suspect and x attacks him, y then promo's saying he didn't do it, followed by reveal z did it.

Basically, can you as head booker be as specific or vague as you want?

Also is it the writer who makes the actually diary entries or does the head booker (as in writing up the script for the show)?

If I don't have to write up an actually diary entry and do a more, make ideas listen to ideas and then make decisions I'd be happy to cross the line and take Head booker of TNA.

HEad bookers do not write the entrys themselfs. That is the head writers works, with the writers helping if and when necessary. SO the head bookers calls the shots. So: "I want a feud that starts with a hit and run x is hurt, y is then a suspect and x attacks him, y then promo's saying he didn't do it, followed by reveal z did it." is a good example. He can do other things, but only executives. Wich means that he can only give orders. He doesn't write or play the game. He decides on feuds, storylines, pushes and that kind of thing. YOu know...the whole power play deal. So, should i write you up for TNA?

HEad bookers do not write the entrys themselfs. That is the head writers works, with the writers helping if and when necessary. SO the head bookers calls the shots. So: "I want a feud that starts with a hit and run x is hurt, y is then a suspect and x attacks him, y then promo's saying he didn't do it, followed by reveal z did it." is a good example. He can do other things, but only executives. Wich means that he can only give orders. He doesn't write or play the game. He decides on feuds, storylines, pushes and that kind of thing. YOu know...the whole power play deal. So, should i write you up for TNA?

Cool, I will take TNA head booker then.

sure, head booker please

Ok. You're registered.

so as head writer, i write the dynasty shows in the dynasty thread and i make sure the player does the right thing?

p.s. will the rosters be current day (like a june or may mod) or a January/February 2011

Yes, as a head writer, writing the dinasty in the dinasty thread will be your biggest task. As well as everything that involves that, such as editing it, looking for errors and you can always pitch in with storylines and other ideas. You outrank the writers and the player, so you can always help your superiors in controling the player or other things they ask. Tasks will be completely defined when we start testing this, but for now the head writer has those tasks.

ps: I'm aiming for a 2011 mod that starts January 1st 2011. I was actually thinking on MRCanada's.

Okay Ill bite on this. Pencil me in as a writer for TNA (if they want me that is). I was tentative but working with at least one other guy (more likely two or three the way I see it) this could be lots of fun

Ok, done. You are registered. The whole point of this is trying to make things fun and easier. I mean, if one guy has to play write and basically do it all...let's face it, chances are that he will get bored pretty fast. But here...we have the chance to simulate a real backstage atmosphere and the possibility to see how some real audience (readers) reacts to our decisions. This can be very interesting. I think the testing will help to build a fun a great concept.

Its a very intriguing concept, Ill give you that. I had something similar in mind but this on a much bigger scale (like mine was seriously just gonna be a two person game sharing brands in one company or some such. This is huge).

I like the idea of people pulling rank or the assistant bookers leaving out tidbits here and there. I hope people aren't too nice about all of this haha. God I'm such a masochist

I also live for the day that the WWE's entire months of planning go down the drain when Triple H refuses to put somebody over at a key moment. Yknow like RL

EDIT: Idea I just thought of too. Maybe Ill keep a sort of supplemental "Diary of a writer". Yknow like "day 1 the boss told us to come up with an idea for AJ Styles. We talked it over and came up with this. Having a hard time coming up with something for Magnus" Day 2 "they put that idea for AJ on tv and it went well" or whatever. Add to the immersion even more

I can write segments. I can write segments well, actually. Dialogue is my forte with regards to writing. Action...not so much.

Given that I'm having enough problems with my current diary as-is, that's why I'm not stepping up to the Head Writer position. But with a character/brand/whatever, I'll be fine.

I think I would like to apply as the player for WWE. I would like to clarify what I have to do exactly though, I would be following exactly what the head booker tells me what to do in regards to booking cards, hirings, firings, etc? And then sending the save game file to the assistant head booker after shows?

More than anything my internet would be an issue, it's been going pretty slow for a couple of days so hopefully it snaps out of it so I can download a January mod with a picture pack.

TNA OMGBEAUTIFULPEOPLEEEEEE

But srsly, TNA. Just not the Head Writer, please.

So...that means that you'll be...a...writer? Please explain.

Just to clarify, a writers job is to pitch ideas and maybe write some segments some times?

If so, I can try being a writer for WWE, don't know how much time I'll have, though.

Yes, that's it. I'll register you as soon as leave my phone and get to my laptop.

I can write segments. I can write segments well, actually. Dialogue is my forte with regards to writing. Action...not so much.

Given that I'm having enough problems with my current diary as-is, that's why I'm not stepping up to the Head Writer position. But with a character/brand/whatever, I'll be fine.

What promotion do you want to be in? You still need to clarify this.

I think I would like to apply as the player for WWE. I would like to clarify what I have to do exactly though, I would be following exactly what the head booker tells me what to do in regards to booking cards, hirings, firings, etc? And then sending the save game file to the assistant head booker after shows?

More than anything my internet would be an issue, it's been going pretty slow for a couple of days so hopefully it snaps out of it so I can download a January mod with a picture pack.

Yeah, the player plays according the instructions given by the superiors (usually the AHB) whom he meets after every game turn (or every show, if nothing relevant happens in between days) to explain how things are going and to who he gives the save files, so the AHB can then talk to the boss. So i'll register you as soon as i get home, if you're interested.

Its a very intriguing concept, Ill give you that. I had something similar in mind but this on a much bigger scale (like mine was seriously just gonna be a two person game sharing brands in one company or some such. This is huge).

I like the idea of people pulling rank or the assistant bookers leaving out tidbits here and there. I hope people aren't too nice about all of this haha. God I'm such a masochist

I also live for the day that the WWE's entire months of planning go down the drain when Triple H refuses to put somebody over at a key moment. Yknow like RL

EDIT: Idea I just thought of too. Maybe Ill keep a sort of supplemental "Diary of a writer". Yknow like "day 1 the boss told us to come up with an idea for AJ Styles. We talked it over and came up with this. Having a hard time coming up with something for Magnus" Day 2 "they put that idea for AJ on tv and it went well" or whatever. Add to the immersion even more

This is gold. I'd love to see this.

As for the rest, i hope people don't expect to see nice things happen, I mean, i don't want anyone fighting with each other for real. But i do expect to see abuse of autority, political backstabbing and all those thinks that make wrestling wonderful. So, don't quit if you get demoted or if you disagree completely with your boss. The whole idea is to experience the likes and dislikes of real life.

And as for the audience, and contrary to other dinastys, they don't need to be nice...we want them to trash us if we screw up (i encourage that, as it would creat a realistic atmosphere) and to glorify us if we hit that unforgetable feud of the decade.

I'm interested in the ROH player role but I was wondering as a player I know I have no real authority but can I still pitch ideas like a writer or Booker? Like suggesting that wrestler X should team with wrestler Z or that X should feud with Z over whatever. I understand that my idea could be shot down or tweaked to hell and back. Also I've never done the whole sending a save file thing but I've heard it's easy so I hope someone could point me to a FAQ for it or something.

I'm interested in the ROH player role but I was wondering as a player I know I have no real authority but can I still pitch ideas like a writer or Booker? Like suggesting that wrestler X should team with wrestler Z or that X should feud with Z over whatever. I understand that my idea could be shot down or tweaked to hell and back. Also I've never done the whole sending a save file thing but I've heard it's easy so I hope someone could point me to a FAQ for it or something.

I see no problems in players pitting ideas, afterall, they are part of the creative team. But glad you know that the player is the last on the command chain. So, can i enter you as ROH player?

This looks like a good introduction to diary writing. I'd like to apply to be a writer for WWE but would be willing to swap to DGUSA if numbers need to be made up.

Very cool idea and I hope it works out!

Thanks. I'm hopeful this idea will start a new tendency and that will makes have a lot of fun. That is the most important.

Ps: I'll sign you as a E writer, but glad to see that you're available for DGUSa if needed. Also, i will be posting some new rules real soon. I expect to do so thsi afternoon, if nothing unexpected happens. Make sure that all of you are tuned in! :cool:

Edit: Everybody registered properly, including Eidenhoek. I'll try to post the rules as soon as i can.

First of all, i'd like to remember to you guys that altough this is just a game, we must be able to take it a little bit seriously. WICH MEANS: If you don't have time to play this... DO NOT SIGN IN! It's as simple as that. If this starts and then people stop quiting and we cna't find enough replacements...then the whole idea will fall down. So, if you think you can't cope with it, just quit now before it starts. We only want active players. That does not mean you must be here every time of every day, but if you feel you haven't got the time...just step down now. Player who quit (after the game starts) in the first 3 months will be longly suspended or even banned! Nothing pesonal, but we want this to work. Now...with this said...let's have some new rules! Here they go!

NEW RULES: (ALso serves as a FAQ)

Q: I want The Rock/Brock Lesnar/Goldberg or any other 'left the business' worker to become active again in the game world. Is this possible?

A: Yes! Retired players may be brought back to business...but theire status may only be changed once a year! I mean...we will not be retiring/unretiring guys every week or so! We must do this in a realistic way and let's face it... people don't retire/unretire every day in wrestling! "Oh, but wrestler x retired in march 2011 and returned in may...shouldn't we change the rules?" Simply put: No! I coudn't care less if unknown joe retires every single week in and out. Exceptions do not make a rule! So, if we change The Rock's Status (for example) from l'lef the business' to 'Active Wrestler' (Or any othrer) on say May 1st 2011, we can only change it to anything else on May 1st 2012. What if he retires half way through, for example in august 12th 2011? Then the new changing date will be August 12th 2012.

Ok...so The Rock's status is now changed (still an example) and everyone wants to sign him...is there any special way to sign workers? No! "But that means he will probably go to the WWE." Yes, as most of the workers would go. You go where the money sends you, it's life...except for loyalty exceptions that the game already covers! If you want to be able to sign the big boys....well...do your work well and make your promotion grow!

Q: Can i change the roles of my own workers? (Those already signed with my promotion when the game starts?)

A: yes, but under the same rule. You change them and will only be eligible to change them after one year. And if he retires or decides to change role by himself....well, the deadline starts counting from that point on. As i said...same rule!

Q: Can human workers (us) be fired or hired by other promotions?

A: Sure. They can jump ship any time, like it would happen on real life. "Oh...but if he quit the game we will banned or suspended." Yeah, but that's diferent! If you get fired or if you jumo the ship, you're still part of the game, you are still eligible to work for other promotions.

So yes...people can change promotions, but not in the first 31 days of playing (game time).

Q: Can i start signing wrestlers from other human controled promotions as soon as the game starts?

A: Can Vinnie O' Mac try to sign a PPA worker from TNA in real life if he wants too and is willing to pay the big bucks? Yes. So the answer is obvious...YES! "But then i'll lose my main workers?" I'm sorry...but small promotions always get raided...deal with it. Grow so you can raid others one day. Remember that this is not an alternative mod, where other people take the reigns of the promotions...This is us pickinp up where real life is, with the ability to make OUR OWN decisions.

Q: Can human promotions interact to each other with deals such as war, working agreements, developmental deals, etc etc?

A: Yes! And they can do that since day one of game time. You can even trade talents (if there is any possible way of doing so) or any other interaction. Don't feel shy to declare war on other users, or even to try and be friends with them. Afterall, all is possible,

Q: Can i handle the save game files if...

A: Let me be pretty clear about this....NO ONE, except for the AHB and the player will handle the save files! If they can't do it for a few days or weeks (because of personal reason, and such) a substitute will be nominated. And other then the people legally designated, no one else can access them.

Q: But i can cheat and do it anyway without anyone finding out...

A: Suuuure! You can... but you will be making part of your staff useless and i'm sure they won't be thrilled about that!

Q: Can i at least ask for screenshots of some data, as for example my roster and stuff like that?

A: The head booker can ask his assistant( and he should ask if he wants to be kept on the loop) for information about the game in order to know what decisions to make. Whether this information is passes through text, ss or any other pertinent way...well, that is for him and his assistant to decide. Chose the best way, the way that fits you!

But HEad Bookers....please be reasonable, don't start asking images or text about every single s*** that happens in game. Trust your assistant's briefings and learn how to delegate so you don't overburn yourself or the others.

Q: Won't some positions be irrelevant in small promotions...sucha as AHB?

A: That is what we will test. But in small promotions the players have the time to do things right. Nad if everyone works their job, then no one will get tired of doing everything alone. I can assure you that all positions have their utility. But again, and i thing it's needless to say this all the time...this is in beta testing.

Q: How often should we post shows?

A: Weeeelllll....that's the millions dolar's question, ain't it? That remains to be decided. All the head bookers will talk to their teams to see what they can (and are willing to do) and then the headbookers will decide. Our decision will be made with intention of not getting the readers tired (not to much posting) but having in mind that we won't have readers if we post a single show per month. So, as soon as we have the full teams, the decision will be made!

Q: I'd like to aply to head booker position of promotion x but it's already taken...

A: Good for you! :D Seriously, kkep applying. IF your favorite position is already taken, then apply to something else. Once you're in the company it will be theoretically easy for you to climb the ladder of success. And also, it's really important that a lot of people keeps applying, because staff changes will inevitabily happen (let's hope not that often) and people may need to quit for some reason. So, the more...the merrier!

Q: Can we, the readers, give our opinions?

A: Can a priest hear you in confession? Is the pope catholic?? Hell yeah!!! You can and you should! And, i urge you to do so, not because we're desperate to see what people has to say, but because it will help the game environment to become even more realistic! Please feel free to call us idiots to complain because you're favorite wrestlers are not beeing pushed...imagine that you a are a IWC guy voicing his opinion online! Because, contrary to other dinastys...we want the truth! The truth is much more useful! And no one will get ofended if you trash us (as long as you don't actually insult us or use demeaning word. Everything has its limits) as we will love if you glorify us!

That's all for now, but keep tunning for new developments every day! Stay Tunned!

Ps: FAQ posted on post #1, but also here so we can discuss it right now. Thanks for your time.

I'll take a writer spot on TNA if thats alright...this sounds interesting for sure.

Edit-Are we playing with letter grades or number grades? I've always been a fan of letter grades since they were released personally, as I feel it creates more of that you can't exactly pinpoint everything at every given moment.

I would like to see a greater rule on workers coming back into the business. Something so that on week 1 WWE guy doesn't bring in Austin, Rock, Lesnar, Goldberg... and just milk their overness and I think there has to be some sort of judgment on how realistic it would be that in January 2010 Brock Lesnar will reenter the business. I do not know how this could be put in but I think their needs to be a balance so no one can spam guys who are out of the business.

I didn't see this addressed but if it was sorry :)

I'll take a writer spot on TNA if thats alright...this sounds interesting for sure.

Edit-Are we playing with letter grades or number grades? I've always been a fan of letter grades since they were released personally, as I feel it creates more of that you can't exactly pinpoint everything at every given moment.

I'm with my TNA colleague on that front. I prefer letters. Fact is though I won't ever see this game and me and he will be purely ideas/creative men so I guess its not overly important to our aspect of gameplay. Pleasure to be working with you by the way

Ok I might apply as an Assistant Head Booker for WWE or TNA . I want to ask some questions about what exactly this entails though (I read the OP) and how active I have to be. First so basically I relay information between everyone as in if the head booker wants to tell one of the writers something then I relay it? I relay information between the head boker and everyone else etc. or we hold like a cabinet meeting? And the Head Writer gives me the full instructions for the show and I relay it to the player?

Looks like a really interesting idea, I think MSN would come in really useful in quick messaging between people. Also how would I go about sending the save game? Sorry for all the questions lol, just like to be totally sure of what I'm doing.

Archived