CZCW: Some Things Never Change

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

CZCW Xtreme Championship TLC Match

Masked Cougar vs. Remmy Skye

Comment: Remmy should have the advantage in this match with Masked Cougar suffering the Baptism from the Church.

CZCW Women's Championship Match

Joanne Rodriguez vs. Tamara McFly

Comment: Let's Go J-Ro

CZCW Tag Team Championship Match

The Cali Dragons vs. Shoot Club

Comment: If i was living in the Cornellverse, I am their mark.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Draw, time limit draw. One hour of television. These guys couldn't finish it at the pay per view, no way you going to finish it here.

Comment: Skye's got momentum, and he'll look weak if he can't take on a Cougar who just got baptized.

Comment: Not sure. J-Ro winning would open a triple feud between her, McFly and Dragon. Tamara would make it a simple singles feud... Triple feud, baby!

Comment: CD all the way.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Another Draw.

Comment: Cougar is still injured from his baptism, so Skye would look weak if he couldn't get the job done. Also, there's ladders involved.

Comment: I like the sound of the Triple Threat feud mentioned earlier.

Comment: I love the Dragons, Shoot Club... not so much.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Another draw. Set up a decider on PPV.

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: I like Remmy Skye, plus, Masked Cougar got attacked by the Church, which might make a move on this match

Comment: Wouldn't make much sense to have Tamara win against one and then lose against the other, I mean, its possible, but I think Tamara is being built as the best Female Wrestler in the world

Comment: Come on, at least one defense from the Dragons

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: I think Sammy will get the best of Art Reed in a very open match here

Comment: IDK. Guessing.

Comment: McFly is the better option to chase the belt.

Comment: They just won the belts, so yeah. No hotshotting.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Draw - If you aren't going to give the finish away on your big show you aren't going too here.

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: King Of The Ladder match personifies the Xtreme Division

Comment: I think she's more popular.

Comment: We need to see a long reign from the Dragons and management aren't hot on Speed ATM.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: I think we're looking at a third and final showdown. Maybe a Iron Man Match

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: It pains me to do it, but Cougar got his ass handed to him last time out and physically so close would be in no shape to combat against Skye's ****e offence, or his botches that will ultimately land him on his head enough times for him to take the title. God I hate Remmy

Comment: Simple booking logistics, while Tamara won her match, Joanne came in as the mystery reveal and has all the firepower behind that behind her. She's also the last champion there, so should therefore get her belt back.

Comment: Umm why hot shot a title off a PPV then a TV show. Cali are the better team as well, while Speed's a decent talent, Coleman's a bit of an arse and can probably be surplus to requirements when needed.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Tyler said someone had to win, that's what stops me thinking it'll be a draw. Reed to cheat to win, 'prove' he's the best in the world. Then have Bach chase him for the next few shows as Reed avoids his challenges. Stops Bach being in the title race, gives Reed a starting storyline, all easy.

In other notes Travis and his church to go for the world title I reckon.

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: Champ retains.

Comment: She's better.

Comment: They're better.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: He's awesome.

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: I'm going to go against general opinion here, and I'd say that Century and his chronies actually cost Skye the match- and then they'll attack Cougar afterwards- it will show that their 'issue' isn't really with Cougar- they just want to get their 'message' across.

Comment: J-Ro to win the championship on her return 'home'.

Comment: Dragon's just won these belts from the Shoot Club and I also feel they have their next set of challengers already lined up in the form of the Samoan's.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: This one's so hard to call, that I will go with consensus opinion this time and tip this one to go to another time limit draw- the classic we've run out of time on TV kind.

<p>CZCW Xtreme Championship TLC Match</p><p>

Masked Cougar vs. <strong>Remmy Skye</strong></p><p>

Comment: You're going to want a more recognizable name in this spot. Plus, Cougar can jump into the tag division with Snap Dragon.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Women's Championship Match</p><p>

Joanne Rodriguez vs. <strong>Tamara McFly</strong></p><p>

Comment: J-Ro's good, but I tihnk you want to build your division around McFly. It's good that you're hyping her return, though; it'll make Tamara's win all the sweeter.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Tag Team Championship Match</p><p>

<strong>The Cali Dragons</strong> vs. Shoot Club</p><p>

Comment: Al Coleman's a dick backstage, and Speed appears to be in the doghouse. But you're Sammy Bach, you might have him win just to be funny.</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach -</p><p>

Comment: Time limit draw. Yeah baby.</p>

<p>CZCW Coast to Coast #1</p><p>

Official Prediction Card</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Xtreme Championship TLC Match</p><p>

Comment:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joanne Rodriguez</strong> vs. Tamara McFly</p><p>

<strong>The Cali Dragons </strong>vs. Shoot Club</p><p>

<strong>Art Reed</strong> vs. Sammy Bach</p><p>

Comment:</p>

<p>CZCW Xtreme Championship TLC Match</p><p>

Comment: Ladder match extrodinaire.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joanne Rodriguez</strong> vs. Tamara McFly</p><p>

Comment: Maybe.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Cali Dragons</strong> vs. Shoot Club</p><p>

Comment: The Dragons are a step above.</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach</p><p>

Comment: I'm going draw on this. Double pin perhaps?</p>

Show should be up either tomorrow (Sunday afternoon) or soon after. So this is your friendly neighborhood bumpage for predictions' last call.

Be sure you call your cable or satellite provider if you don't get PrideTV...because the inaugural episode of CZCW Coast to Coast will be filled with intense action and an ending that will change the company forever...

As Bart Scott says..."CAN'T WAIT!"

-TLLK3

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: I love Remmy. He's a great talent and in my mind a fun character to run with/

Comment: J-Ro? J-YES!

Comment: better team.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: Bart Scott interferes and causes a double DQ.

CAN'T WAIT!

CZCW Coast to Coast #1

Official Prediction Card

Comment: Too much for Cougar to overcome.

Comment: J-Ro is great, but a connection to the past. McFly is the standard-bearer of the future

Comment: Speed is in Tyler's doghouse, and I don't think you want to hotshot this soon.

Art Reed vs. Sammy Bach

Comment: I think SWF Fan's analysis is solid, it's a natural long term feud, so a cheap finish towards Reed sets up a first blowoff next PPV.

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6333898/1024/CZCW/Coast-to-Coast.png

CZCW Coast to Coast 1

The Zone (5,000 in Attendance)

Shown on PrideTV

Monday, Week 1, September 2011

The first episode of CZCW Coast to Coast opens with the sight of a single spotlight in the middle of The Zone’s signature six-sided ring. After a few moments of focusing on that light only, images of greatest wrestlers in CZCW’s history abruptly pop in and out.

Troy Tornado…

Acid…

Black Eagle…

Mario Heroic…

Silver Shark…

After this, the screen blacks out and the words “Best Wrestling in the World” appear on the screen.

<object height="25" width="30"><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" <="" embed="" height="25" width="30"></object>

“For The Love of The Game” kicks on as the screen explodes into images of current roster members in action. Highlights from Wave of Fury dot the entire video.

Ash Campbell’s spinebuster on the high-flying Snap Dragon, done in pure fury…

The Samoan Drop from Bali on El Mítico…

Tamara’s McFly Roll on Dragon Kuroda…

The emergence of Joanne Rodriguez from the entrance…

The evil smile of Reverend Travis Century…

The Cali Dragons’ Dragon Dropkick tag team maneuver…

Sammy Bach and Art Reed staring down each other in the ring…

Fox Mask lifting his CZCW World title once more…

And, finally, the lasting image of the one-legged Boston Crab by Donnie Jackson on James Prudence.

“Best Wrestling in the World” appears again and we fade into shots of the frenzied crowd inside The Zone. After a quick flyover by the high camera in The Zone, we are set for wrestling!

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229216/1024/CZCW/CZCW.jpg

“The following contest is a TABLES…LADDERS...and CHAIRS MATCH…and it’s for the CZCW Xtreme Championship!

"Introducing first, the challenger…from Atlanta, Georgia...weighing in at 205 pounds...a two-time CZCW World champion...he is "Zoned Out"...REMMY SKYE!

“And his opponent, from Phoenix, Arizona…weighing in at 190 pounds…he is the CZCW Xtreme champion…representing The Lords of Xtreme…MASKED C-OOOOOOOU-GAR!”

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233528/640/CZCW/Masked-Cougar-alt4.jpghttp://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229145/1024/CZCW/VS.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233532/640/CZCW/Remmy-Skye-alt1.jpg

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6265917/640/CZCW/CZCW-Xtreme.jpg

vs.

Cliff Anderson:
We’re diving straight into the action here on this historic, FIRST-EVER episode of CZCW Coast to Coast, here on PrideTV! Cliff Anderson here alongside my longtime partner Rajesh “The Guru” Patel.

The Guru:
The first televised match in CZCW history pits two of The Zone’s biggest icons against each other in the hellacious frenzy known simply as TLC!

Cliff Anderson:
And the big question for this match tonight is whether or not Masked Cougar will be able to keep up with Skye following a brutal beatdown at the hands of Travis Century’s newly-formed “church”.

The Guru:
We’ve received word that Eric Tyler has made his decision regarding The Church: because of they are not under contract with CZCW, Ian Boone and Larry Wood are banned from CZCW events for life…and Travis Century has been given “the night off” because of his actions at Wave of Fury.
(shaking his head)
Let’s just see if they will play by Eric Tyler’s rules or not.

Cliff Anderson:
There you have it, folks! Eric Tyler is putting his foot down and has banned the disciples. Good to know that those two living nightmares won’t be around, eh, G?

The Guru:
IF they succumb to Eric Tyler, that is.

As the commentators wrapped up their thoughts on Travis Century’s “night off” and his disciples’ ban from all CZCW events, they turned their attention towards the ring, where Masked Cougar was in the fight of his life. Obviously nowhere near 100% after the vicious attack from The Church at Wave of Fury, Cougar scratched and clawed his way throughout this match.

Remmy Skye, in his own unique way, stuck to his aerial offense, pushing the masked feline to his absolute limit. But Cougar kept fighting back, and the crowd was torn between the two longtime Zoners, both being legendary in this area for their matches with and against each other.

The fans in The Zone and the new fans tuning into the company for the first time were treated to a classic matchup, one that featured the style and stars of the promotion who had been putting on the best matches you can find for over twenty years.

Everything was going good…until the T and C in the match came out.

Remmy Skye instinctively went after the weapons after a couple of missed moves by Masked Cougar, and that turned the matchup into a messy massacre.

Every chair shot, every shot into the table, even every ladder spot from Skye…it spelled the end for Cougar. The crowd cringed with every attack on Cougar. Heck, even Skye looked upset at himself for putting his longtime pal through something like this.

Eventually the Cougar was on his hands and knees in the middle of the ring with barely any strength left. In an act of mercy, it seemed, Skye quickly shot up the ladder and went after the belt. “The King of the Ladder Match” was going to protect his namesake and cash in on the Xtreme Championship, but not without some heartache. He had beaten a champion who wasn’t anywhere near his A game, and may have even added more salt in the fresh wounds from an evil cult.

Skye didn’t play up the retrieval or the celebration. He quickly grabbed the belt off the hook and went to help the former champion to his feet. As the crowd gave Skye a standing ovation for his big win (and his tremendous class), Cougar stumbled his way out of the ring.

The face under the mask probably was filled with nothing but the agony of defeat and the merciless brutality of The Church.

“Here is your winner by retrieval at 6:21 and THE NEW CZCW Xtreme Champion…Remmy Skye!”

Cliff Anderson:
Travis Century and his…well, recently disbanded, according to Eric Tyler…Church might have not been involved with this match at all, but they sure did impact the result.

The Guru:
People are going to praise Remmy Skye for his “mercy” or whatever you call it at the end of the match…but let’s not discount what happened in the ring. Cougar couldn’t keep up, and in the end, we see why Skye is “The King of the Ladder Match”.

Cliff Anderson:
You’ve got to admit, though, you would have loved to have seen a match when BOTH were at 100%.

The Guru:
Don’t stick to “what if’s”, Cliff. What happened in the ring happened…which is just more pressure on the management here in CZCW to control the problem of Travis Century. Bans and nights off might just not stop these wackos that play by their own rules.
(pointing to the ring)
And now we see that these idiots have disrupted our title picture. The whole framework of CZCW is out of whack now.

Cliff Anderson:
Sadly, though, injuries like this are no stranger to the CZCW six sides in recent weeks…that was especially the case at the end of Wave of Fury almost a month ago. Donnie Jackson, following his former partner and hated enemy’s words of “I Quit” to referee Pee-Wee Germaine, seemingly ignored the finish of the match…whether by rage or the noise problem here in The Zone…and it ended up injuring James Prudence’s knee in the process. For more on his progress and road to recovery, we turn to a previously recorded interview between our own Miss Jakki and Prudence himself.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233519/640/CZCW/James-Prudence-alt.jpghttp://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229209/1024/CZCW/Rita-Charles.jpghttp://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233518/640/CZCW/Jakki.jpg

"Not Here For Anyone's Sympathy..."

The interview begins with a close-up on the stern face of James Prudence. He stares into the camera blankly as the audio from the final seconds of the brutal “I Quit” match fade in.

We cut to Miss Jakki as she sits across from Prudence in a physical therapy center. Prudence leans back in his chair and groans a bit, girlfriend Rita Charles wincing. He nods towards Jakki for her to begin.

Miss Jakki:
James Prudence…it’s great to see you in this condition. Last time most of us saw you, we were fearing the worst with your knee. I can’t imagine what’s going o—

James Prudence:
(cuts her off)
Look. I’m not here for anyone’s sympathy, Jakki. I don’t need it from you or anyone else. What Donnie Jackson did to me was spineless and disgusting. He had the match won. I was on the verge of losing my career.
(shakes his head)
I had nothing to lose in that match. Sure, I might have given up to him…but who has had more title runs since our split? Hmm? The talking heads and all of the Internet wrestling nerds might call this a tight little “feud”, but the outcome was already set in stone. I am better. A silly little “I Quit” match does nothing to change that undeniable fact.

Miss Jakki:
So why did you agree to the match?

James Prudence:
I’m no coward, unlike Jackson. I wasn’t going to back down from his little challenge, Jakki. I call him what he is, he gets upset, he blubbers when I talk about his family, and he wants this match.
(throws his hands up)
I know I’m better than him. But when he stacks the odds against me…he has to resort to cheap shots and weapon use…

Miss Jakki:
But you also d—

Rita Charles:
He’s trying to answer your question, you old hag.

Jakki bites her lip and tries not to go berserk on tiny Rita Charles. It would be a humiliating catfight, no doubt.

Rita’s got nothing on the veteran Miss Jakki.

Prudence holds up his hand and continues.

James Prudence:
Thank you, babe.
(to Jakki, irritated)
As I was trying to say…he knows he can’t beat me straight up. He gets lucky, turns the momentum to his favor, and pulls a fast one on me. He put all of what little strength he had in that hold. My knee was already in bad shape, but I tried to tough it out. I looked across the ring and saw Rita down near me…
(looks at her and grabs her hand)
She had the face of fear. I knew I couldn’t risk my career...our careers…based on the end of some petty match. So I gave up.
(leans in)
But that wasn’t enough for that coward.

Miss Jakki:
Jackson has said that the crowd noise in The Zone prevented him from hearing the submission or the bell, that it took action from referee Pee-Wee Germaine to stop the hold. He says he had no clue that the match was over. What do you say to that?

Prudence laughs and shakes his head, face showing nothing but pure disgust. He moves in his seat and reaches for his knee, which is in one of those high-tech braces.

James Prudence:
I say that it’s nothing but pure bull. Jackson knew what was going on…this garbage about him not hearing the bell or what I said just proves how much of a fake he really is. He is NOT what he claims to be…that’s the reason why The Fly Boys broke up, and that’s the reason he’s been jealously chasing after my success for all of these years…he’s nothing but an insane coward that is so clouded by his own delusion that he will do ANYTHING to see me out of commission. That’s what really happened at Wave of Fury…I don’t care what he or anyone else says.

He leans back again, breathing deeply. Pure anger is all over his face, completely furious at the thought of Donnie Jackson.

Miss Jakki:
So…the reports we heard at the forefront of this injury were bleak. Some talked about a complete blowout of the knee. We now know that there was a good bit of damage to it, but not to the point of complete reconstruction. What exactly can we expect from you in this process of recovery?

James Prudence:
What can you expect?
(laughs)
What I’ve always done in the ring, Jakki. Nothing but pure work and determination…that’s why I’m the best…the PLATINUM standard. You think I got where I am today by just waiting to hear what someone tells me to do next? Heck no. I’ve busted my balls here in rehab, pushing myself to the limit…you know why?

It’s because in the near future, I’m going to silence all the doubters and make my return to the ring. When the time comes, CZCW will have its savior back. No doctor, no staff member, not even Eric Tyler knows when that time will be. But trust me when I say this: when I return, I’m coming right after you, Donnie Jackson. The tide is about to turn, and you won’t even know what hit you.

You think you had your little wave of fury last month, huh?
(shakes his head)
You’re clueless. Nothing will ever prepare you for what’s coming your way. You don’t know when it will come…and I don’t care who you’ve got with you or what you’ve been doing to try and lie to all of these people…you are going down. Watch your back, Jackson. I might be coming back sooner than you think.
(turns towards Rita)
Let’s get out of here.

Rita helps Prudence to his feet and they walk away from the camera, Prudence still fuming about Jackson.

(walking away, muttering to himself)
Noise was too loud…you’ve gotta be kidding me, moron.

A graphic pops up, with Cliff Anderson voicing-over the announcement for it.

Cliff Anderson:
And next week, here on Coast to Coast, we will hear from Donnie Jackson himself and his status following the ending of Wave of Fury.But right now, let’s get back to the action in the ring! Joanne Rodriguez has made her return to CZCW…and she’ll have a tall order in her welcome back match tonight as she takes on the one and only Tamara McFly.

The Guru:
(as the camera focuses in on the brand-new CZCW Women’s Championship belt, which is sitting on a table ringside)
And there’s the crown that these two jewels will battle for…the new CZCW Women’s Championship! This may be the biggest women’s wrestling match in America outside of the Angel Athletic Association…ever! Two world-class championship athletes will go toe-to-toe in the ring in just a few seconds. Wrestling fans everywhere, you are about to be treated to title-holding talent that simply can be classified as beautiful, inside and outside of the ring.

Cliff Anderson:
Will Tamara McFly ride her monster momentum from defeating Dragon Kuroda at Wave of Fury into The Zone and pick up another win…or will the homecoming of “The Queen of the Coastal Zone” be a rewarding one? McFly and Rodriguez…right now!

“Introducing first, from Boston, Massachusetts…she is a former North of the Border Pro Wrestling Women’s Champion and current BSC Queen of the Ring…ladies and gentlemen, TAMARA…MC…FLY!

“And her opponent, from Los Angeles, California…she is a former 5 Star Supreme Wrestling All-Asian Champion and current AAA Femme Fatale…J-OOOOOOOOOO-ANNNNNE…ROD-RI-GUEZ!”

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233523/1024/CZCW/Joanne-Rodriguez.jpghttp://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229145/1024/CZCW/VS.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233537/1024/CZCW/Tamara-McFly.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6265921/1024/CZCW/czcww.jpg

vs.

CZCW Women’s Championship Match

From the opening bell, these two women went right after each other, each showing the strength and grace of women’s wrestling…it was a hot contest. Both of the competitors’ championship belts in the two American women’s wrestling promotions sat at ringside on either side of the CZCW Women’s belt, and it served as a shining example of the hype and caliber of this match.

Joanne Rodriguez was clearly the crowd’s favorite in this match, and she had a huge smile plastered across her face throughout this match. The “Let’s Go J-Ro!” chants, along with the fan club of college-aged males on the front row, kept Rodriguez upbeat and firing on all cylinders during this match.

J-Ro was able to jump out to an early advantage in this match, frustrating the serious McFly. No matter what, Tamara couldn’t get a ton of offense off on Rodriguez, spending most of the match trying to play catch-up in terms of momentum and strategy.

This frustration only got McFly completely off her game, and she never was in sync in this match. The crowd and the announce team was wondering what was going on during with McFly throughout the match… “The Tigress” was never this off!

But, at the end of the match, everyone saw what had been unnerving McFly.

Near the eight minute mark, as Tamara finally reversed a J-Rocker from Rodriguez, SHE appeared.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233517/1024/CZCW/Ginko-Kuroda-alt3.jpg

The Wrath of The Dragon?

The mystic Dragon Kuroda began slowly making her way down the aisle, intimidating glare seeping through her painted face. A look of determination was on the Japanese import’s face, and she looked like she was on a mission.

Before she got close enough to get into the ring, Kuroda grabbed a nearby chair that was folded up and leaning against the barricades.

The Guru:
No…no…this can’t stand in a match like this! This was supposed to be the night where we found out who the best women’s wrestler in CZCW is! We can’t have this match end with interference from an angry Dragon Kuroda!!!

Cliff Anderson:
I think we have found out what has been up with Tamara McFly, partner. Just the sight of Kuroda has made McFly’s offense go down even quicker!
Kuroda picked up the chair, stepped towards the ring and…

Put the chair down, unfolded.

She sat in at ringside and silently stared down McFly, the woman who had snapped her legendary streak of domination around the world.

The distraction was too great. McFly couldn’t focus on Rodriguez and Kuroda at the same time. Before she could react to either of them, Rodriguez ended the match swiftly, connecting a devastating Super Kick on a pre-occupied McFly, covering her and winning the first-ever CZCW Women’s title in decisive fashion!

“Here is your winner by pinfall at 8:57 and THE NEW CZCW Women’s Champion…Joanne Rodriguez!”

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233537/1024/CZCW/Tamara-McFly.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233517/1024/CZCW/Ginko-Kuroda-alt3.jpg

This Isn't Finished.

As Joanne Rodriguez celebrated her win in the ring, Tamara McFly rolled over in the ring, numb with the shock of losing the match.

Her eyes met those of Dragon Kuroda, though, and the shock soon turned to fear. McFly scrambled to her feet, expecting a fight.

But Kuroda slowly got up out of the chair and stared right back at McFly. She dusted off her hands as to say “Mission Accomplished”, and she left The Zone as quickly as she entered.

McFly shook her head, running her fingers through her hair, trying to figure out how she let a woman she already had beaten get to her this badly.

Rodriguez helped Tamara to her feet after J-Ro’s celebration with the fans. This startled a jumpy McFly, and Rodriguez looked at her with a puzzled look on her face. Nevertheless, she stuck out her hand for the traditional post-match sign of respect.

McFly looked at the hand, then into the face of her opponent. Her face twisted into a frown and she slowly shook her head, a look of disappointment, disgust (at herself), and denial. McFly slipped out of the ring and back up the ramp, head down, being showered with boos from the fans inside The Zone.

Cliff Anderson:
What is going on with Tamara McFly, partner? First she gets off to a bad start in tonight’s match, lets Dragon Kuroda intimidate her into losing the match, and now we get this? She refused to shake Joanne Rodriguez’s hand!

The Guru:
McFly always says she was born to be a winner. She didn’t do that tonight…of course it’s going to mess with her.

Cliff Anderson:
But…Rodriguez wasn’t trying to rub it in or anything. She was showing respect, a quality that will make her a wonderful champion here in CZCW!

The Guru:
I’m not saying that J-Ro is not a good champion, not saying that at all. I mean, she now has two of the biggest belts in women’s wrestling. But she can’t get offended by Tamara McFly…Tamara was here to win, she trained so hard to get to this point and to become the first CZCW Women’s Champion, only to have her dreams come tumbling down.
(shakes his head)
J-Ro has to understand that AND the threat that Dragon Kuroda can be. We saw what she did tonight…Tamara McFly said earlier that Kuroda couldn’t intimidate her…we see how far that got her.

Cliff Anderson:
Well, we now turn our attention from one of the world’s greatest women’s divisions to one of the world’s greatest tag team divisions…the rematch between Shoot Club and The Cali Dragons for the CZCW Tag Team Championship is coming your way next!

The Guru:
Marc Speed and Al Coleman have spent almost one month without the tag belts, as The Cali Dragons took them away at Wave of Fury. Can the ultra-serious fighters take down these elite strikers and come away with their belts? It surely isn’t going to be an easy job.

Cliff Anderson:
One more match in CZCW’s most legendary tag rivalry: The Club vs. The Cali Dragons…let’s get this war underway!

“The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall with a thirty minute time limit…and it’s for the CZCW Tag Team Championship!

“Introducing first, the challengers…from Washington, DC and Detroit, Michigan…at a combined weight of 480 pounds…they are Al Coleman and Marc Speed… SH-OOOOO-T CLUB!”

“And their opponents…from San Jose and San Francisco, California…at a combined weight of 450 pounds…they are Frankie Perez and Mikey James… your CZCW Tag Team Champions…THE CAL-I…D-RRRRRRR-AGONS!”

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233516/1024/CZCW/Frankie-Perez.jpghttp://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233529/1024/CZCW/Mikey-James.jpghttp://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229145/1024/CZCW/VS.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233492/1024/CZCW/Al-Coleman.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233527/1024/CZCW/Marc-Speed.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6265916/1024/CZCW/CZCW-Tag.jpghttp://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6265916/1024/CZCW/CZCW-Tag.jpg

vs.

Another chapter in this great tag rivalry was penned in the ring, and it came right down to the wire…another swift finish for the championship gold!

Marc Speed completely dominated his opponents and even his own partner in this match, coming out with a heightened intensity. He wanted his belt back. Speed slammed, locked, and struck his way through The Dragons, clawing back towards bringing the titles back to The Club.

The Dragons wouldn’t be taken down easily, though. The breath-taking speed and stiffness of the two American puro stars matched The Club’s intensity step for step, making for a hard-hitting, non-bloody but violent match.

It’s a demolition derby in the ring…and we see Al Coleman clotheslined out of the ring again! What a jaw-jacking blow by The Cali Dragons!

This is physicality that professional wrestling ought to be, fans. This is what this business was meant to be.

Back and forth action up to the nine minute mark, where we see Marc Speed and Mikey James duking it out in the ring, both coming up with deadly chains of moves on each other.

The “This Is Awesome!” chant was cranked up full blast by these fans.

James crushes Speed with several kicks, finishing off the combo with a devastating Dragon Whip! He goes for the pin…

One…

Two…

NO!

Speed kicks out, he’s still in the match. James tags a fresh Perez in, and this Dragon picks up right where the other one left off. Speed is getting torn apart in the ring!

Cliff Anderson:
P-Clutch! P-Clutch!
Perez drills Speed into the mat, and goes for the pin again!

The Guru:
It’s gotta be over now…

Cliff Anderson:
One…two…KICK OUT! Speed can’t be beaten here tonight! This place is going wild!!!
Speed makes his way to his feet, stumbles a bit, and walks right into a flying knee from Perez…that gets reversed! Marc changes the tune of the match, turning the tide by catching Perez in mid-air…and planting him on his head with a suplex!

Speed lunges across the ring and tags in Coleman, who tries to lock in the Ankle Brace…but he can’t get in locked in! Perez worms his way out of the hold and lunges towards Coleman, rolling him up for a quick pinfall!

One…

Two…

THE CHAMPS RETAIN! The Dragons will keep the belts!

“Here are your winners by pinfall at 11:10…and STILL CZCW Tag Team Champions…The Cali Dragons!”

Cliff Anderson:
What a match! What a finish!

The Guru:
Marc Speed can’t believe what just happened…he turned the momentum back towards his side, tagged his partner in, Coleman went for the kill…and just seconds later, a quick rollup leads to a Cali Dragon victory.

Cliff Anderson:
Speed is stunned at ringside, and Coleman looks the same way! The Cali Dragons are going to come out of nowhere and retain their titles, just when it looked like it was going to be all over for them…Frankie Perez strikes from behind and snatches the victory!

The Guru:
Unbelievable. I didn’t think The Dragons had it in them to win it, especially after that devastating suplex. That should have NEVER happened, in my opinion. That usually spells the end for any competitor…when Marc Speed plants you on your head, it’s over.

Cliff Anderson:
But Perez flips up Coleman in an instant, and The Dragons walk away with the titles…the local favorites are celebrating with their people yet again!

The Guru:
It’s already been a wild night, and to think…we’ve got one more match this evening, Cliff.

Cliff Anderson:
That’s right! (rubs his hands together excitedly) Last month at Wave of Fury, THE ONE AND ONLY Sammy Bach shocked the entire wrestling world… “The Voice of the Voiceless”… “The Prodigal Son”… “The Survivor of the Screwjob”… “The Elation Sensation”…Mr. Sammy Bach…RETURNED to CZCW! I still can’t believe it!

The Guru:
He made his point very clear last month at Wave of Fury, as we look back at last month’s mega-iPPV and Bach’s journey back home to CZCW.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229217/1024/CZCW/Sammy-Bach.jpg

The Prodigal's Return...

The video begins with Bach faintly screaming “I’m the best in the world!”, eerily similar to his final words in TCW, as his entrance music, “Welcome Home”, plays.

Clips of Bach’s best matches in his former stay in CZCW begin to roll, Cliff Anderson screaming his way through them.

During the Bach vs. Acid best-of-three cage match series that made him a new #1 contender…

Bach vs. Troy Tornado at Showdown at Sundown 2003, where he walked away as the CZCW World Champion…

Bach’s “Adrenaline Shot Heard ‘Round The World”, a sick spot on Mario Heroic that defined the company’s image as serious action for years to come…

The sight of Bach in a “crimson mask”, bleeding at Hardcore Halloween in a TLC match against American Elemental…

Bach staring down Chance Fortune, belt over shoulder, at Revolution 2004, which many fans still call the greatest title match of all time…

Then we hear Bach’s tearful farewell address following his main event win over Fox Mask at Vendetta, as he sits in the ring, legs crossed, holding up his trademark IBC root beer bottle as the roster members around him toast to his career in the company.

Sammy Bach:
This will always…always…ALWAYS…be my home. I can’t thank Cliff Anderson, the guys in the ring with me, and all you Zoners out there. I will be forever grateful to Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling as long as I live. You gave me my first big break. I got my first World title here. This will always be a special place to me.
(raises his bottle)
No matter where I go from here, this will always be home. Here’s to The Zone…long live CZCW!!!

The thunderous crowd applause fades out along with the face of Bach, tears streaming down his face, The Zone’s signature fan-thrown introduction streamers showering him in the ring.

The screen fades to black.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233496/1024/CZCW/Art-Reed.jpg

The New Main Event Muscle

But some more music hits and “All I Do Is Win” storms into the video along with clips of Art Reed’s finest work during his still-undefeated run in CZCW.

Art Reed:
The Sammy Bach Era has come and gone in this company. You are looking at the Age of Reed.

A guy who abandoned this company years and years ago suddenly comes back after pitching a fit in another company, and he’s some kind of hero? He runs his mouth about being the best in the world, and he’s been playing patty-cake with a watered-down roster for the past few years? What’s up with that?

Video of Bach and Reed’s confrontation at Wave of Fury comes up next.

Sammy Bach:
...because I stepped into a ring over a month ago and proved to the entire world that I was the best, regardless of what any moronic Brit, any bitter old fool, any moron who managed to turn the biggest sports entertainment company in the world into a laughing stock with a terrible storyline, or any wrestling blogger says! I AM THE BEST!
(pounds his fist into the mat)
So when I am in the back, getting ready to come out here and show The Zone that I am here and ready to take this company into the future…a future where THE BEST in this business come to play, NO MATTER WHAT…when I am back there, getting ready to make my return, and I hear some guy who has been in this company for a few months say HE is the best in the world…that makes me sick!

Art Reed:
Whoa, whoa, whoa…slow down, Bach. While you’ve been playing the popularity contest up in Los Angeles, I started wrestling here. I knew, just like you know now, that the best wrestling in the world is going to be right here.
(points his finger at Bach)
While YOU were being suckered in to some scheme by the backstage mafia up in Total Championship Wrestling, I came down here and did what I do wherever I go, NO MATTER WHAT…it ain’t just a clever song, all I do is WIN, Bach.
(points to himself)
I kick-started this revolution. I became the top contender in this company overnight. I won the inaugural Money In The Bank match. I have the power in this company…and you’re presence doesn’t change any of that. And, last time I checked, NO ONE has beaten me one-on-one in this ring, no matter what city we’re in.

Sammy Bach:
(starts to get up, crowd starts to cheer louder)
Look…I’ve got nothing against you personally, Reed. You were part of the greatest wrestling class in history…yeah, yeah…you and I helped make DAVE a true wrestling promotion, not just cheap blood and skin…you became this big name out in Japan…I know all of that.
(steps closer to Reed)
But the last time I checked, you haven’t held a single title in ANY company you’ve ever been a part of. Isn’t that right, Reed?

Art Reed:
(glares at Bach, trying to control himself)
That may be true, Bach…
(holds up briefcase)
But in my hands, this is as good as a title. Because when the time is right, I’m cashing this bad boy in…and you and everyone else here will have to admit that I am the best…period.

We cut to an interview with Bach.

Sammy Bach:
During the first episode of Coast to Coast, the entire world is going to see who is the best. I don’t care what his little theme song says…all I know is that Bach is back home, and nothing is going to keep me from putting him in his place.

Now to the interview with Reed.

Art Reed:
You can’t deny it, Bach…wrestling is an art. I paint a masterpiece in the ring. You throw some abstract garbage up there. Some people think it’s great, pay big money for it…especially those Hollywood types. But I’ve trained with the best, beaten the best, and deserve to be called the best. You are screwing with the artist, the man who has made this CZCW renaissance turn into a worldwide phenomenon.

Your time is up, Bach.

As the hype video ends, we are taken backstage, not to the ring. More specifically, we are in Eric Tyler’s office. The cameraman walks closer to Tyler and we start to pick up on the cell phone conversation he is having.

Tyler is irritated, as shown by the look on his face…not happy with whoever is on the other end.

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229328/1024/CZCW/Eric-Tyler.jpg

Network Troubles...

Eric Tyler:
…look, I don’t care what you say, you can delay the start of A MOVIE on this network so we can make sure this match gets over with.
(pauses)
No, no, no! We are not editing out any of our taping to fit the whole match in there just because a bunch of Batman nerds want to watch “The Dark Knight” EXACTLY at 7:00 on the West Coast. We’re not going to jeopardize our product and our show for something that can be put off a few more minutes!
(pauses as the person on the other end tries to explain)
Yes, it’s a taped show. But we’ve got zero commercials…sixty solid minutes of what our people have worked hard on to show. We are not going to cut anything out!

Listen, I’ve got a direct connection to JK Stallings himself, and last time I checked, he OWNED this network. He is going to be watching Monday night, and if he can’t see the finish of a dream match in his company’s first televised main event…heads are going to roll.

All I’m asking is for you to give us just five extra minutes of airtime Monday night. If the match ends before then, we’ll make up for it with some highlights and a preview of the next episode, ok? I promised the finish of the match, so give me just five extra minutes as a safety net! It’s not like you are going to push back a live sports event or something, right?

(pauses, blood boiling again)
This episode of Coast to Coast has been promoted for almost a year now…how long has this network premiere of some movie been advertised? It’s not like we’re going to have to do this every single week…I have to follow through with the promise I made to the fans of CZCW.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T???
(slams fist into desk)
This show is bringing in tons more viewers…more ratings means more money! I am not going to let some anti-wrestling corporate suit selfishly cut the recording on Monday night just because he doesn’t like what we do! And yes, I’m referring to you, you dim-witted, slicked-up, freaking clueless…

A CZCW staff member peeks her head into Tyler’s office, interrupting him.

CZCW Staff Member:
Mr. Tyler?

Eric Tyler:
(spins around, angrily pointing at the phone)
Can’t you see I’m busy, Arica?

CZCW Staff Member:
I know, sir, but we’re having a situation at ringside. Some fan is causing an uproar on the front row…

Eric Tyler:
And it’s something that you people can’t take care of? I’m already warring with the network the first week on the job!!!

Before Arica can speak, Tyler waves her off.

Out. If he’s putting other people in danger, kick him out. If he’s just being too loud or something like that, let him stay. We’ve got one more match, stick a security guy near that area. I don’t have time for stuff like this!

CZCW Staff Member:
Yes sir.

As she exits, Tyler returns to his conversation.

Eric Tyler:
Five minutes. All I’m asking is for you people to give us five freaking minutes more Monday night. It’ll be worth it all, ratings-wise.
(pauses)
Oh, you better not put me on hold, you nitwit. You better not…

He put Eric on hold.

Tyler slams his phone down and punches the desk once more. He inhales deeply and closes his eyes, on the verge of meltdown, as we head to the ring for the main event…which may or may not finish on TV.

“The following contest is THE MAIN EVENT, scheduled for one fall, with NO TIME LIMIT!

“Introducing first…from Toronto, Ontario, Canada…weighing in at 235 pounds…he is the winner of the 2011 Money In The Bank Ladder Match…he is “The Pure Athlete”…A-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-T…R-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-D!

“And his opponent…from Savannah, Georgia…weighing in at 230 pounds…he has held over a dozen championships in his professional career, including the CZCW World title…he is “The Elation Sensation”… “The Prodigal Son”…SAM-MY…BAAAAAAAAAAACH!”

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233496/1024/CZCW/Art-Reed.jpghttp://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229145/1024/CZCW/VS.jpghttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229217/1024/CZCW/Sammy-Bach.jpg

vs.

Cliff Anderson:
We did not get to finish this match from Wave of Fury…and what a match that was!

The Guru:
If Eric Tyler can follow through on his promise, which looks unlikely…we might get to see the finish tonight.

Art Reed and Sammy Bach, two of the greatest wrestlers in the world today, battle it out in the ring. Instant ratings boom…you know what I’m saying?

The greatness of the action in their first match at Wave of Fury was astounding, but these two kicked it up a notch on free TV.

On one side, we have Art Reed, who shot up in the wrestling world in the past year and a half, becoming one of the best technical wrestlers on the planet who wasn’t a Stone or a McFly. His world-class training and undying work ethic brought him to the spot where he was becoming one of the greatest “gaijin” in Japanese wrestling. Combine his technical prowess and devastating submission arsenal with a newly-found explosive aerial attack, and you’ve got a Top 20 wrestler on your hands.

Then there’s Sammy Bach, the man who cracked the Top 10 recently, the former cruiserweight that bulked up a bit and added deadly strikes to his top of the world aerial game. When he speaks, thousands listen. This was a man that built up so much buzz and rejuvenated a sliding TCW, whether they appreciated it or not. Wrestling was in his blood, what he was born to do. And now he was back to where he started, ready to take the company to the top.

But these two wrestling gods had issues with each other. Both men wanted to be in that driver’s seat, wanting to be the sole reason that CZCW would burst onto the big league spotlight.

So they went after each other with everything they had, wanting to prove that they were indeed “The Best in the World”.

Therefore we got an almost five-star match on free TV. Wrestling fans everywhere rejoiced.

You are looking at twenty-plus minutes of brilliant action, complete all-around games that complimented, yet clashed. The crowd roared with every slam, every lock, every strike. So many times the match looked like it would be over. Every time Pee-Wee Germaine hit the mat and started to count the pin, the crowd echoed with thunderous volume.

But the pins would break and the match would continue.

When the Dread Lock wasn’t enough, Reed had to get more creative. Bach had scouted Reed’s holds, so “The Pure Athlete” was coming up with his own variations of moves on the fly. Bach wasn’t ready for these (and neither was Reed), so every submission attempt looked like it was going to be the one that would do him in.

But even these weren’t enough.

Every now and then, the camera cut to the backstage area, inside the office of Eric Tyler. He was watching the action on a monitor while still on hold with the PrideTV executive. He would shake his head at every kick out, knowing that the longer the match went, the more likely the finish wouldn’t be televised…considering the rate the executive was handling business.

But, at 9:50 ET, we heard the worse news from Eric Tyler as the last cut of his office showed him punching a wall.

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229328/1024/CZCW/Eric-Tyler.jpg

A Nightmarish Ending...

Eric Tyler:
HE HUNG UP ON ME! I can’t believe that little numbskull hung up on me!

So…

Two men warred in the ring.

One man warred with the network.

And a man on the front row seemed to be warring with…everyone. He had been sitting on the front row for the entire show, wearing a long black trench coat. He had the hood of the coat pulled over his head, so you could never get a good look at his face. But throughout the night, you could hear him in the broadcast, screaming at whoever was in the ring, booing them all. Several times other fans tried to get him to shut up, but he continued. Security was called over there, at the request of Eric Tyler, but they never kicked him out.

He was just being a loudmouth spectator, right?

He kept pulling out his ticket stub whenever security walked by, showing that he had every right to be sitting there in The Zone. As the crowd around him tried to ignore him, he kept going on and on and on. Even Cliff Anderson and The Guru mentioned him during the broadcast as “that idiot down front”.

You couldn’t ignore him for too long.

Towards the end of the match, he began directing his insults at Sammy Bach. Basic trash talk.

“You should’ve stayed with Cornell!”

“You are just a stuck-up punk!”

“I have a voice, and I don’t need to hear yours!”

Bach just ignored him…until the attacks got personal.

“I wonder how much money Stallings had to pay your selfish butt to get you to come back to this rat hole!”

“How many SWF guys do you think your girlfriend is sleepin’ with right now, Bach?”

“Just drop the straight edge sham and come clean…I’m takin’ bets to see when you’ll drink yourself to death…just like your father!”

Furious, Bach turned around and leaned over the ropes, screaming at the unruly fan.

Problem was, he turned his back on Art Reed.

Reed took advantage of the opportunity and folded Bach up with a schoolboy pin, shocking the crowd.

Art Reed can’t win like this! Kick out, Bach!

This will teach him not to pay attention to those idiot fans…

One…

Two…

THREE!

“Here is your winner by pinfall at 21:23…Art Reed!”

The crowd went nuts, some even booing, as Reed had his arm raised in victory. He tapped his temple, trying to rub in the victory, picking up his Money In The Bank briefcase.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229217/1024/CZCW/Sammy-Bach.jpg

Focused On One Thing Only...Punishment.

But Sammy Bach wasn’t upset about the loss. He jumped over the ropes and sprinted right over to the fan that yelled all of those over-the-top comments at him. Security tried to hold him back from breaking the guy’s nose. They couldn’t stop a guy this infuriated.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233515/1024/CZCW/Fox-Mask.jpg

Trying To Stop The Unthinkable...

When he broke away from the security guard, Fox Mask came charging down the ramp, going over to break up the impending wrestler-to-fan exchange. By the time he got down there, Bach had grabbed the fan by the throat.

The hood on the trench coat fell back to reveal his identity.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233539/1024/CZCW/Travis-Century.jpg

Unruly In Every Sense of the Word.

Cliff Anderson:
Dear God, it’s Travis Century! He was supposed to have had the night off!

The Guru:
Looks like he bought a ticket…he didn’t want to miss what was going on in this “godless company”.

Bach, seeing that the “fan” is a crazed roster member, decides to bite the bullet. He rears back to punch Century…but Fox Mask takes the brunt of the blow, as he stepped in at the wrong time.

Fox crumples to the floor and Bach stands there in shock. Century smiles and turns towards Bach.

Travis Century:
REPENT, VILE SINNER!

The bigger and stronger Century turns the tables on Bach, gripping Bach’s throat. You know what’s coming next…some good ol’ Baptismal Cleansing!

Bach’s head hits the concrete hard.

Century dusts off his hands and laughs. More security personnel come and grab Century. But since his mission was complete, he surrenders easily, exiting The Zone with them in peace.

If you could call it peace.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6233496/1024/CZCW/Art-Reed.jpg

The Last Man Standing

Reed is still standing in the middle of the ring, stunned at what had just transpired. Fox Mask and Sammy Bach were seemingly knocked out at ringside.

Reed looks down at the two of them…

Then down to his briefcase.

Cliff Anderson:
He’s already weaseled his way into a win tonight…don’t do it, Art! This is no way for a world-class athlete to conduct himself!

The Guru:
(smirking)
Take advantage of every situation, that’s what a winner does…

Cliff Anderson:
That’s nonsense, Rajesh! If he wants to be called the best wrestler in the world, he better not go through with this!

The Guru:
If he is the best wrestler in the world, like I think he is…he will do this in a heartbeat.

Reed exits the ring and makes his way over to Fox Mask. He stands over him for a second before picking up the champion’s limp body, tossing him into the ring.

As the crowd showers Reed with boos, he tosses his briefcase to Pee-Wee Germaine.

Art Reed:
Call for the bell!

Germaine reluctantly does so. Reed smirks and turns Fox Mask over, going for the pin.

As Germaine starts to count, Bach stirs at ringside. He looks in the ring and realizes what’s going on. Furious, Bach stands up and makes his way into the ring, going to break up the pin.

One…

Bach slides into the ring.

Two…

Bach picks his leg up, ready to punt his former opponent off of the lifeless Fox Mask and prevent the cheap title win.

Th—

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6229215/1024/CZCW/CZCW.jpg

©CZCW, 2011

A StallCorp Media Company

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/6372407/1024/CZCW/digital-clock-10-00-clip-art.png

"We now present the television premiere of The Dark Knight..."

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall, with a twenty minute time limit, and it is for the NEW CZCW Women’s Championship!

The ending from that show was CRAZY! But the Crazy Awesome kind of crazy! The Eric Tyler backstage but added to it as well. Lots of original ideas in this and I am really left on a cliffhanger for next week.

Thanks, 20LEgend. The cliffhanger is what I was going for...hopefully I can keep the suspense cranked up for the next few posts leading up to Episode 2. Good to see that the Eric Tyler bit added to the drama, glad it got communicated clearly.

And speaking of original ideas...everyone, go check out 20's SWF vs. TCW dynasty. Those ideas are pure gold, sir.

Oh you horrible little tease.

Gotta keep Bart Scott going in this dynasty...hopefully the ending will make you say "CAN'T WAIT!" for the reveal of who walked away with the title.

Anxious to see how our friend Terrance Ward thought of Episode 1...PM is on its way.

For those who haven't read it, Episode 1 of CZCW Coast to Coast should be a page back (13). As always, I ask for your feedback...what did you like/tolerate/hate about the show?

I'm going to start a "Question of the Show" bit for those who post good feedback (Codey, NoNeck, sebsplex, etc...sorry if I missed anyone else). When you post your impressions of the show, I would ask you to answer a specific question I have pertaining to the show. Post-Episode 1's question is What do you think of the match write-up lengths? Too long? Too short? What is your opinion about my style of match write-ups?

And now for the prediction contest (total predictions correct for the first two shows)...

SWF Fan: 11

20LEgend: 10

Charasmatic Enigma: 10

funkyzafara: 9

Tigerkinney: 9

Hashasheen (AKA Terrance Ward): 8

sebsplex: 8

Wallbanger: 8

Emark: 7

jtnlange: 8

Bolthino: 7

1234: 7

Midnightnick: 7

codey: 6

FuelFan0102: 6

SGRaaize: 5

LiquidSwords: 4

SaySo: 3

Astil: 3

Special thanks to:

Astil and SaySo for their first predictions in this dynasty! Welcome aboard!

Nok Su Kau and MJStark for their new title belt renders...one debuted in this past episode, the others will come in time!

Eisen-verse, jhd1, angeldelayette, Wallbanger, Phantom Stranger, James Casey, codey, and the countless other dynasty writers on these boards who inspire me and keep me motivated to write this humble little project.

Bart Scott.

Coast to Coast: First Edition

By Terrance Ward

Nice opener, showing all the future legends that have passed through the company before bringing in the current roster as a comparison. Wish more companies did stuff like this with it coming off as cheesy *cough* USPW!

Oh wait. You can’t fake-cough on the internet, can you? Meh, leave it in. Strong and co. probably couldn’t even use the internet. And yes, I include Alicia in that. She is a blonde after all.

*cue complaints*

Ooh, we’re already going to our first match? I like this.

Match #1: Reigning champion versus No.1 Contender. Wrestling down to its purest form. The reigning champion Masked Cougar defends against my fellow Southerner Remmy Skye. This was way too short, and they succumbed to weapons way too fast, which stinks of Tyler and co.’s booking. Skye might be a few years removed from being a spot monkey, but come on. This is a ladder match against Masked Cougar. Let them do their thing. But back on point, Remmy wins the title after beating the living crap out of the champion.

Grade: C- , but the shortness of it really hurt, not to mention the weapons usage. Plus Masked Cougar didn’t seem up to his usual level…

As the ends, we jut to an interview with James Prudence (& Jakki!). Interesting little promo, nothing too unique about how this is going thus far. I’m starting to suspect a Donnie Jackson heel turn.

Huh. Woman’s match is up next. Too bad the Guru’s going to be all over that on commentary.

Match #2: J-RO! J-RO! TA-MAR-A! Huh. I don’t actually know which wrestler I like more. I find myself both pleased and upset with that. Anyway, it’s a bit longer than the opener, and the two work a good match. And there’s the expected Kuroda attempt to interfere, except they do it more subtly than expected and just have her watch. PIN! PIN! Joanne gets the pin! Huh. Didn’t see this coming at all.

Grade: C- , this was good, but I’d have preferred J-Ro go over cleanly, and Tamara kinda looked a little lost out there. But hey, I guess we’re getting ourselves a three-way storyline here…

After the match, Kuroda leaves and after J-Ro tries to shake McFly’s hand, she just walks away. Interesting…

And we’re headed to the third match! Nice sense of pace thus far…

Match #3: Marc Speed was a total badass in this match. Part of that is booking, but you can’t book to cover what a wrestler just doesn’t have. They went everywhere in what really seemed like a short amount of time, though perhaps if they had taken more time and paced it out, it would have been great.

Grade: C+. Very well done, but I can’t imagine this is the end of it. And is it just me or are they teasing a split up between the Shoot Club?

Promotion for the upcoming Bach-Reed match: Excellent stuff, really great way of showing who Bach is in CZCW as opposed to outside the company, as well as establishing Reed as something other than an ex-DAVE guy.

Cut to Eric Tyler fighting with television executives. Strangely enough, I think this should be a weekly feature. Eric versus the Network!

Match#4: Holy sh**! Holy shi**! Reed and Bach! Tyler and the Network! That punk in the front row! What the hell!?!?!

Grade: B. So much goodness, crippled only by lack of time…

Looks like Bach has had enough from the dude in the arena and is going to beat him the f-

Travis Century? What in the world is going on over here?

Bach just punched out Fox Mask! What the hell is he doing here?

Travis just took out Bach! WHAT IS GOING ON!

Wait a a second…

No way…

NOT THIS WAY ART REED! NOT THIS WAY!

Get up Bach! Get up!

1…

2…

OH YOU FREAKING TEASES! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!

Summary: All right, to whoever is booking CZCW. You’re doing good for the most part. I’m not hugely over how you’re dealing the tag-team division, the women’s division, the Donnie J/Jimmy P feud and the low-amount of time you gave the Xtreme Championship match, but I’ll live, and it’s still highly entertaining stuff. But this main-event right here? Very well done. I want to see more. I want to see Art Reed’s heel turn attitude and I want to see him snap at the fans. I want to see the Bachster hunt down Reed to make a win. I want to see what happens with Fox Mask and the New Church. So yeah, this was a good show and a good start. It could have been a lot better, but we’re talking storyline flaws and not in-ring or promo problems thus far.

Grade: B-.

Note to TLLK3: I'm assuming you didn't just say "that's a wrap" and sent the people out of the arena?

Coast to Coast: First Edition

By Terrance Ward

Note to TLLK3: I'm assuming you didn't just say "that's a wrap" and sent the people out of the arena?

THEY know what happened at the end of the match. Bach will address that in the next post, setting up the reveal of the champ to the rest of the TV viewers on Episode 2.

Archived