DOTM: August Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

3. You may not nominate yourself

4. All nominations do not need to be seconded to make the voting round

5. All nominations must include a reason

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self and Phantom Stranger

9. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (RAW: Children of the Revolution! by Jingo)

10. You can NOT nominate WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) by Oldschool

11. You can NOT nominate TCW: A Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger

12. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

13. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month (I liked the selection last month so lets keep the same again this month)

Nominations will be open until September 1st 2011 (12 pm Eastern)

Olympia's

Last Gasp of the AWA

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509794

Zbyszko quits, he's forced to push Greg Gagne and Arnold Schatzenegger is on the scene... Not to mention a developing undercard featuring the future Great Muta/Jushin Liger, Vader, Mr. Pefect and Buck Zumhoffe (Yeah, I know finishing by mentioning Zumhoffe a little anticlimatic

Anyways its nice to morph yourself back into 1987

My Rookie nomination goes to 20LEgend for SWF vs TCW: The Battle's Over. The war ISN'T won!.

I like the concept, the layout is easy on the eye and the shows have been really enjoyable to read. My hope is the TCW inflict an NWO type curse on SWF and make the big fed wither and die until only Total reigns supreme. Not that I'm showing promotion bias or anything.......................:

I'll take a think before I post my other nominations

For real world, I nominate Thunderwill's Pacific Northwest diary.

He's been making things quite interesting and making great use of the curves the game throws his way...including the death of Superfly Jimmy Snuka!!

Most recently, former AWA kingpin Nick Bockwinkle has entered the scene to try and quiet Playboy Buddy Rose whose comments about Snuka's death have riled up the fans.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490580

Is it possible to nominate two rookies? Id like to vote for 20LEgend's Civil War: Smackdown and Charismatic Enigma's Civil War: Raw. They both offer interesting takes on their chosen brands, giving each show a sense of identity that was lacking from the real life brand split. If I have to chose one It would have to be Raw at the moment (just)

My C'Verse nom goes to Codey's The Johnny Heizenger Story because he's been keeping his stories fresh and been gaining a lot of momentum as of late. He's also got a really nice looking layout that makes his shows easy to read at the latest of hours.

Mucho thank yous for the nomination!

For my C-Verse nomination, I'd like to put forth James Casey's SWF: Supreme. I'm posting from my phone, so it's difficult to link to it, but he's become a staple of these, so I hope it's not an issue :D

My Rookie nomination goes to 20LEgend for SWF vs TCW: The Battle's Over. The war ISN'T won!.

I like the concept, the layout is easy on the eye and the shows have been really enjoyable to read. My hope is the TCW inflict an NWO type curse on SWF and make the big fed wither and die until only Total reigns supreme. Not that I'm showing promotion bias or anything.......................:

I'll take a think before I post my other nominations

Thank you. :)

I believe we are up to date right now.

I forgot to do this last time: I nominate Yuu Onuki's 5SSW diary for C-Verse, and I nominate Comradebot's WASA diary for Rookie!

Unfortunately, Comradebot's WASA diary doesn't fit into the rookie category as those are the ones that have begun since July 1, 2011 and his diary began on June 15, 2011. And he doesn't have enough shows yet to fit into the Cornellverse category.

I can see it's not an option. No disrespect to the others, but WWF 1989-Kayfabe Returns by TheBlake is easily the best one I've seen on here

These are simply nominations, not the actual votes. Those will come after September 1st. But I am assuming you are nominating the WWF 1989 diary by TheBlake for real world?

I've been waiting a long time for an NOTBPW diary that would grab my attention and two come along at the same time....

Wallbanger's: Generations 2010

and

Blake Trask's: NOTBPW- The Prodigal Son.

Both are very different, Generations is almost novel-esque outside of the shows, whilst Prodigal Son brings somewhat suprisingly a comedic element to NOTBPW- the most important thing is that they bring life to what can be a rather dull promotion to document, if not handled right.

I believe we are up to date right now.

Unfortunately, Comradebot's WASA diary doesn't fit into the rookie category as those are the ones that have begun since July 1, 2011 and his diary began on June 15, 2011. And he doesn't have enough shows yet to fit into the Cornellverse category.

As Jim Ross says, "Aw, son of b****".

Thanks for the nom, TK -- very much appreciated.

Even though it will make the Rookie category an even tougher field, I'd be remiss not to offer up TLLK3's excellent CZCW: Some Things Never Change.

• Deep, robust characterizations of Sammy Bach as protagonist, Eric Tyler and JK Stallings in supporting roles
  • A strong roster with a mix of underutilized talent (at least in diaries) along with the 'usual suspects'
  • A solid women's division (with some great theme music ;))
  • A detailed, yet not bloated, match writeup style
  • A frighteningly effective use of Travis Century as a heel stable leader
  • A great white-hot feud out of the gate (Bach-Reed)
  • Last but not least, a true sense of showmanship with a perfectly timed cliffhanger

Should also say that TLLK3 showed some real maturity as a writer in both listening to and incorporating listeners' feedback while he was setting up the backstory.

Is it possible to nominate two rookies? Id like to vote for 20LEgend's Civil War: Smackdown and Charismatic Enigma's Civil War: Raw. They both offer interesting takes on their chosen brands, giving each show a sense of identity that was lacking from the real life brand split. If I have to chose one It would have to be Raw at the moment (just)

Sweet! I missed this :D Up against myself and some other great writers, thanks man!

If there was forum poem of the month your SD! one was the best, closely followed by some of your others :D

Who's the boom king? He's the boom king! :o

<p>For Real World - <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509771" rel="external nofollow">SHaynes23's WCW: Where the Big Boys Play</a></p><p> </p><p>

For CVerse - <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296088" rel="external nofollow">Rathen4's Lesser of the Aussie Promotions</a></p><p> </p><p>

And for Rookie - <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510232" rel="external nofollow">Fleisch's A Mexican Nightmare</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Boltinho" data-cite="Boltinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32093" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks very much sir<p> </p><p> I'd like to nominate Zergon's <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1694633&posted=1#post1694633" rel="external nofollow">FCW - Freedom to crash</a> for cverse diary of the month</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32093" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well the dynasty that I was going to nominate has already been nominated which is fine with me its good to see that people like it besides me but in case you were wondering which one I was talking about its Zergons FCW Freedom to Crash.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Big thanks for both of you it really mean much to me to getting nominated here:). </p><p> </p><p> As for my own nomination I would like to nominate Jingo´s RAW: Children of the Revolution! <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509664," rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509664,</a> a diary that got me interested on RAW for the first time on.</p><p> </p><p> And as for rookie I go with Haloed´s Underground Pro Wrestling...born in North Dakota?!? Really? (c-verse) <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510274" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510274</a> diary as it´s well written and uses some guys who aren´t seen on top roles all that often.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32093" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And he doesn't have enough shows yet to fit into the Cornellverse category. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> *shakes fist*</p><p> </p><p> The curse that will forever keep me from being a rookie diary...</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510177" rel="external nofollow">°O° The Magic Kingdom of Total Championship Wrestling °O°</a> gets my C-Verse vote. A bunch of the others that I'd nominate are already nominated, so it might as well join the fun.</p><p> </p><p> If only because it took me about two weeks to work out that °O° is Mickey Mouse.</p><p> </p><p> It's taking TCW in a darker path, ironically put into a Disney setting, given that the major highlights of the diary involve a taser and Minnie Mouse. Well, that last part should be expected given Disney, but...yeah...</p>

Archived