Road to Glory Challenge

So, I just took over for SWF, I'm going to job everyone out on the roster to me, and become SWF World Champion.

Should I do? Should I let this go to my head? I literally have 0 Popularity in USA, I have 0 Popularity outside of BC, Prairies and Ontario.

Should I dare try, while also trying to get them back up from Cult?

I introduce you to SWF's newest main event star,

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1846/lolxr.png

So, my debut match

Lex Star vs Squeeky McClean for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, I will win in an epic 20 minute classic, and win this 100 prestige title.

Should I do it?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mtimmins: How far along in your game are you? I'm also at Regional, but based in Central Europe with a style based off of ZEN's. I'm currently at May 2012.

Edit: Seems I missed a post

So, my debut match

Lex Star vs Squeeky McClean for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, I will win in an epic 20 minute classic, and win this 100 prestige title.

Should I do it?

Of course you should! Well maybe not. Your goal is to be in a 95 rated main event, which means you'll need a good opponent to carry your avatar to a great match and hurting/upsetting your stars could come back to bite you.

Here's my Champions of Wrestling: Europe Roster. I have way too many guys on my roster, but I get enough in sponsorship to still make a healthy profit and I run tag and multi-man matches almost exclusively for my lower card.

Main Eventers

The Show Stealers (Adam "Mile High" Matravers and Petey Barnes) 32 Experience

The Force (Christopher Lister and Jase Cole) Tag Team Champions, 92 Experience

Louis Figo Manico Owner, World Champion

Snowstorm (Silver Bolt and Griffon) User Avatar, 14 Experience

The Towers of Terror (Brickhouse Balder and The Snowman) 8 Experience

Upper Midcarders/Teams

"The Polish Punisher" Pavel Vanzycha

The Knockout Kings (Aleksander Knyavez and Sifu) 14 Experience

The Super Fiends (Dark Falcon and Inky the Squid Boy) Trios Champions, 14 Experience

Hugh de Aske Trios Champion

Geoff "Air" Bourne

Midcarders

The Youth Bandits (Cannonball Logan and Ian Vincible) 69 Experience

Irwin Gutmann

Defense Squad (Nigel Svensson and Gordon Leve) 18 Experience

The Super Crew (Super Falcon and Wonder Boy) 18 Experience

The Red Devils (Yuri Iliakov and Viktor Beskov) 33 Experience

Lower Midcarders:

The German Machine (Lars Brecher and Ralph Grimm) 55 Experience

England's Finest (Wade Orson and Jon Michael Sharp) 18 Experience

The Foreign Legion (Jacques and Pierre Dupont) 90 Experience

First Class (Leigh Burton and Ricky Storm) 17 Experience

Xavi Protege of Louis Figo Manico

Openers/Enhancement:

Larry Wood I just signed him

StarFly (Stardust and Ultra Fly) 10 Experience

BW Eddie

@mtimmins: How far along in your game are you? I'm also at Regional, but based in Central Europe with a style based off of ZEN's. I'm currently at May 2012.

Edit: Seems I missed a post :p

Here's my Champions of Wrestling: Europe Roster. I have way too many guys on my roster, but I get enough in sponsorship to still make a healthy profit and I run tag and multi-man matches almost exclusively for my lower card.

Main Eventers

The Show Stealers (Adam "Mile High" Matravers and Petey Barnes) 32 Experience

The Force (Christopher Lister and Jase Cole) Tag Team Champions, 92 Experience

Louis Figo Manico Owner, World Champion

Snowstorm (Silver Bolt and Griffon) User Avatar, 14 Experience

The Towers of Terror (Brickhouse Balder and The Snowman) 8 Experience

Upper Midcarders/Teams

"The Polish Punisher" Pavel Vanzycha

The Knockout Kings (Aleksander Knyavez and Sifu) 14 Experience

The Super Fiends (Dark Falcon and Inky the Squid Boy) Trios Champions, 14 Experience

Hugh de Aske Trios Champion

Geoff "Air" Bourne

Midcarders

The Youth Bandits (Cannonball Logan and Ian Vincible) 69 Experience

Irwin Gutmann

Defense Squad (Nigel Svensson and Gordon Leve) 18 Experience

The Super Crew (Super Falcon and Wonder Boy) 18 Experience

The Red Devils (Yuri Iliakov and Viktor Beskov) 33 Experience

Lower Midcarders:

The German Machine (Lars Brecher and Ralph Grimm) 55 Experience

England's Finest (Wade Orson and Jon Michael Sharp) 18 Experience

The Foreign Legion (Jacques and Pierre Dupont) 90 Experience

First Class (Leigh Burton and Ricky Storm) 17 Experience

Xavi Protege of Louis Figo Manico

Openers/Enhancement:

Larry Wood I just signed him

StarFly (Stardust and Ultra Fly) 10 Experience

BW Eddie

That's a lot of tag teams. :)

You know what? This is supposed to be ridiculous fun, I'm gonna do it. Squeeky makes an open challenge, and some uncharismatic no-name (me) will answer, and then WIN one of the most prestigious championships in the world.

I hope NOTBPW has an opening for booker soon, because they're Global, and I could get some nice matches there (I'd just throw myself in a tag team with someone, and spam matches vs Jeremy Stone and Dan Stone Jr. with their 100 tag experience)

That's a lot of tag teams. :)[/Quote]

I'm a sucker for tag teams. In almost every game I play I sign more wrestlers than I should and then "solve" the problem by putting them in teams so I don't need as many matches.

You know what? This is supposed to be ridiculous fun, I'm gonna do it. Squeeky makes an open challenge, and some uncharismatic no-name (me) will answer, and then WIN one of the most prestigious championships in the world.

I hope NOTBPW has an opening for booker soon, because they're Global, and I could get some nice matches there (I'd just throw myself in a tag team with someone, and spam matches vs Jeremy Stone and Dan Stone Jr. with their 100 tag experience)

Well pushing yourself to the moon could work as long as you can find someone willing to take you on after you crash SWF into the ground.

Bookers tend not to get fired very often unless the company drops in popularity, so good luck getting that to happen to NOTBPW. You could always try to hire away their booker and then immediately apply for the now open position, but you might have a hard time doing that if the Booker is related to the owner.

I wonder, should I just try to get myself extremely over, and hope I can get a 95+ rated main event, if I manage to get SWF to National+ again? >.>

I've decided against switching over to SWF, I toyed with it, but I'm having too much fun with my current company.

Oxford costs me $2,000 a show, so don't be too envious. Glad I picked him up before the owner goal of "Can't hire anyone over the age 40" appeared. :)

I'm sure I'd manage. I have to pay everyone in my main event travel (I refuse to use the renegotiation exploit other than by hiring people to only 6 month contracts)

Pistol Pete Hall: $2500 ($1,000 travel)

Harry Allen: $1,500 ($700 travel)

Joss Thompson: $1,300 ($500ish travel)

And Brett Biggz gets $700 downside and something like that as travel too. Which kinda sucks as he is by FAR the inferior Biggz brother, I just happened to want both of them.

...I really ought to have more Canadians in this promotion.

So one year in ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/owl1.jpg

Overdrive Wrestling League

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/Glutten-R2G.jpg

Now ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/GaryGlutten.jpg

Tyler Baker beat up Allan Round for the refereeing job in a pointless angle (because yes Allan Round was dragging the matches down with his shoddy refereeing).

By May i had brought in Jake Panic for another Hardcore guy .. Plus you can't beat the headline 'Panic Attacks' whenever he beats someone.

Ian Vincible came in has a Jockey to be beaten up by The Angry Man.

Our August show sees Percy Unsher-Soames (the stereotypical English gentleman - Heel of course) bring in Dwayne Dark to 'take over this peasants promotion' Dark beat fellow newcomer Chris Everton.

Vic Walker the Lounge Lizard was feed to The Angry Man at Septembers Road 2 Gory event where every match is a First Blood match also Lynn Cox finally got her hands on Minh Ruby ... Ok it was a Bikini contest.

Ryan Death 'The Headbanger' debuted in October beating The Angry Man ... 'The Chav' Liam Lutz also made his debut in a victory over Red Dragon.

So thats the end of Year One.

Best Match: Psycho defeated Red Dragon @ OWL Bllod, Sweat and ... Guinness (Yes an amusing spelling mistake) - E (24)

Top Attendance - Requim to Genesis in April 2010.

Top Event: OWL Extreme April - E (24)

Gary Gluttens best Match: Joint - 2 Losses to The Dublin Destroyer scored E- (20)

Future Endeavered: Thunderbolt, Allan Round, Jake Panic, Ian Vincible, Jason Dempsey + Gordon Leve.

Debutants: Chris Everton, Vic Walker, Ryan Death, Liam Lutz, Percy Usher-Soames + Dwayne Dark.

New Good Guy: Chris Everton

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/ChrisEverton.jpg

"True Blue" Chris Everton is a flashy young high flier from the Merseyside area of England. Working a full-time schedule as a landscape architect has stopped him from ever fully concentrating on his wrestling career, and as a result he has never gotten past the point of working occasional weekend dates on the independent circuit.

Probably wont last long, was just brought in to job to the bad guys.

New Bad Guys: Liam Lutz, Ryan Death + Vic Walker

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/LiamLutz.jpghttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/RyanDeath.jpghttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/VicWalker.jpg

Liam Lutz is a mean brawler from the north of England. He debuted in 2004 at the age of just 18, working under the name "Manchester Fly Boy". Very skinny and unthreatening, his ring style consisted of very little other than throwing himself around the ring with reckless abandon. As the years passed, he gradually started to physically mature, putting on muscle and at least 40lbs in weight. In 2008 he started wrestling under his real name, adapting to his new physique by becoming more of a brawler and dropping his old bump machine tactics almost entirely.

Ryan "Crush 'Em" Death is a big brawler from Norwich in England. Clumsy and untalented, for most of his career promoters have tried to make the best out of a bad situation by showcasing his power and great look as a non-wrestling bodyguard character, rather than having him in the ring. Recently though, after some intensive training, he has begun to become a little more competent, and now that he is not in danger of killing anyone he wrestles, he is becoming more active in the ring.

"Lounge Lizard" Vic Walker is a rookie worker, who still needs a lot of training. He plays his oily lothario character to perfection, probably because it's not exactly a stretch from his real life personality.

Walker certainly wont last long, hes only stayed after The Angry Man beat him up because he's cheap.

Death is over but .. Hes just not that good in the ring .. Shouldn't last too long.

Liam Lutz has life with the Chavvy character i've put on him but he isn't great and doesn't really fit the product.

The Posh Guy: Percy Usher-Soames

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/PercyUsher-Soames.jpg

Percy Usher-Soames is an English manager who traditionally plays an upper class twit type of character. He has been a regular on the independent scene, particularly in the London area, for many, many years.

His Man-Servent: Dwayne Dark

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/DwayneDark.jpg

Dwayne Dark (Dwayne E. Williams-Geraint) is a youngster from London who was one of the first five men to graduate from the new National School Of Wrestling. Slightly older than his peers, Dwayne had come to wrestling to escape from the life of petty crime that had been luring him in. A decent athlete with legit boxing skills, Dark is a spikey fighter who is at his best when things get down and dirty.

Dark is a great talent, when i finally bring in a title belt i really could see him as a man to hold it for quite some time.

So my end of Year roll ...

36. "Making Movies" You are unavailable for events for one month due to a role in a small movie (can be January, February or March). Gain +5 Star Quality.

Owner Goals;

Critical Goals;

Goal #1: OWL must not be in debt when the time expires.

Expires: 12 months.

Goal #2: When the time expires, OWL must have improved upon it's promotion Ranking of #37.

Average Goals;

Goal #3: You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as a Luchador.

Expires: 16 months.

Goal #4: You cannot hire or extend the contract of any Wrestler who has less than 35 in safety.

Expires: 10 months.

Goal #5: You cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than 35 in Stamina.

Promotion is @ 5 pop/4 Importance. Should hit Small early 2012!

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/Files/FIST.jpg

Tohoku Death Trip

Second Year Recap

Game Time: 2 years, 14 shows. (Still the same 7 shows per year)

Best show booked: TDT Otsegolectric (D, November 2010) (UNCHANGED. Quite sad)

Best match booked: Eien Miyamoto def. Totoya Munakata in a Ladder match to win TDT World title (D, November 2010) (UNCHANGED. Quite sad pt. 2)

Highest Attendance: TDT I'm The God Of Hellfire, 28. (+1!)

Oh boy. Things have really, really slowed down. I couldn't resist hiring few 25 or younger guys that were drop-outs from PGHW/Hinote Dojo/SAISHO and thus I now have several main eventers that are 'bigger' than my promotion (Reijiro Hiraki, Masakazu Kaima etc.) and thus my worker wages have gone up about 1400$ in just six months (June -> December). It's all about long term planning, remember!? Signing these guys now and getting them Loyal will pay off hugely in the future..

.. But the problem we aren't getting there till 2018 with this pace! Now I'm doing D-/D shows that are hugely expensive and I'm not getting that much overness with such low volume of shows. I'm slowly, slowly getting +0.4/0.6% per show. It would be better to have three E+ shows that would cost 1/3 less or so. As if all of this wasn't bad Japanese economy and wrestling both plummeted to F and F- in April/May and are now slowly raising up and I suddenly noticed that some trends had changed since before I wasn't suffering any penalty but now I'm on the 'Minor Negative' section! :( Funny thing is, WEXXV was selected as the most improved promotion of the year. Damn them. Damn them to hell I say!

EDIT2: We're 2.3% away from reaching F+ so if the pace is going to stay the same, 0.37% per show we'll reach F+ in our last show of 2012. How depressing. But reaching F+ will only increase ticket prices by 1 dollar and we won't even rise up from Local to Small due to Tohoku's small importance.

Promotion Stats:

Monday, Week 1, January 2012 TDT has

2.8% Prestige (+1.4% from last year)

20.1% Momentum (+8.5%)

6468$ Money

8.8% Overness (only +2.6% from last years 6.2%) in our home region Tohoku, Japan. That's like 0.37% per show -.-

Die Roll:

41. "Christmas Pudding" You have been piling on the pounds, go up one level of weight class. If you are now middleweight or higher, you can no longer be a cruiserweight, spot monkey or super junior and must be reclassified as a Regular Wrestler.
I was already a Middleweight so I'm now a Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler with B in Aerial. Screw you Christmas Pudding :mad:

User Character:

All top row wrestling skills that we're left in the 1% have raised to 7.3-7.8 (4.2 - 4.7 last year). Toughness and Power are in 5.6 and 7.5 respectively. Aerial and Flashiness are now at 78 and 64. In short Aerial, Psychology and Star Quality are now at B, while other are either C-, D+ or F.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/Files/stats2nd.jpg

Popularity is at 22.8% in Home Region and 5.1 in others. Used to be just 11.8%.

EDIT: Interesting news: PGHW started a war with WEXXV :D MOSC goes bankrupt, PGHW falls to Cult, SOTBPW just reached National. Magnum Kobe out for 14 months, Semi-Severed Spinal Column.

Small update:

Ran my January show which as expected raised me to small, however regional battles screwed me over and sent me straight back to local.

However in the second month I decided to go all out to secure myself at local, hiring two new talents who were too expensive to keep at local but would be great talents to have al small.

Gave one of them the title and the other got a match against my owner. Still game last in the regional battle but did well enough to stay at small. And now I get alot more ($12'000 more :D) money to spend on talent. Shouldn't be too tough to establish myself in regional battles now, while allowing my RTG guys to improve on the undercard. Yay.

EDIT: Interesting news: PGHW started a war with WEXXV :D MOSC goes bankrupt, PGHW falls to Cult, SOTBPW just reached National. Magnum Kobe out for 14 months, Semi-Severed Spinal Column.

14 months? You mean he's retired, because I'm certain every time I've seen someone get that, they retire immediately after returning from the injury.

Well my user character won't be completing the challenge in my jhdverse game unless he gets a couple of huge strokes of luck on end of year rolls. His stamina has decided to cap at 40.1%

He is absolutely refusing to budge from that stamina level, which means unless I can get a few year end rolls to push that up I will be very lucky to get an A match out of him even if he does become a great worker.

Oh well, still hope for the other 3 RTG workers I have in the game.

Hey it's doable. I've seen an 8 minute 95+.

Doable but difficult. We will see how it goes, but my emphasis will definately be on the other 3 characters now.

Reachd the end of year 2, got my promotion up to regional and was running 2 shows a month since June thanks to large sponsorship money, and could have ran 3 or 4 shows and still broke even in the last 3 of months (which is my plan going forward).

Stats again grew decently, with some suprisingly good matches out of the 20 year olds.

My powerhouse brawler dropped the Title at the start of the year (needed a better champion to rise to regional and keep myself growing), but gained it back in November to begin his second reign. Brute pushing him allowed him to soar up the card and be a realistic champion. He grew 88 points overall, not great but with more matches per month against better talent from now on he should develop even better (less 6 minute squash matches will be good as well).

Average match rating was 46, heavily dragged down by squashes, but managed to hit a high of 72 when he won the title from Richie Santana Jr.

My highflyer also had a good year, winning the first annual tag team tournament, teaming with Richie Santana Jr. He grew 96 points in stats overall. Average match rating of 54, his best match coming in the tag tournament final with a 70 rating (a match also involving the brawler).

My technician has been left behind as the only RTG character to not have won a title yet in the promotion, instead having to be just a solid midcard hand. This is reflected in his stat gains of 54. My hopes are not too high for this character, but with better opponents he could still grow significantly. Still, with an average match rating of 50, and a high of 68 (again involving Richie Santana Jr., a 1 on 1 title match) he isn't too far behind the brawler or highflyer.

Fresh off his dissapointing stamina cap my user character is the least over of any of these characters, auto pushing to opener. He still grew 84 points though, but has been performing the worst in matches, an average of 46 with a high of 59 (a defeat in the tag tournament to the brawlers team).

Continuing to ride my luck on the year end rolls picking up +5's for each character. Doubtfull my luck will be as good for a third year running next time.

I am likely to be jumping to a cult fed within the first few months of this year. National battles began in November between three promotions, and each are hanging dangerously close to a fall to cult, so 1 or 2 more defeats for any of the feds should send them crashing down. Hoping a booking slot will pop up then and hopefully I am deemed worthy of the booking job. Would be a good new challenge for the 4 characters (would kill the other 3s contracts via the editor and hire them straight away).

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/SilverBolt83RatedMatch.png

Set a new record for both my user avatar and my promotion as a whole's best match. It's a bit of a shame there isn't anyone in Europe with enough psychology to really let me avoid the penalty, but 83 is still pretty awesome.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/SilverBolt83RatedMatch.png

Set a new record for both my user avatar and my promotion as a whole's best match. It's a bit of a shame there isn't anyone in Europe with enough psychology to really let me avoid the penalty, but 83 is still pretty awesome.

Try dialling the match time back to around 25 mins with LFM and see if that helps at all.

(It might not. But 40 minutes is... expecting a lot of Psych.)

You might be right, but I've gotten that penalty for most of Figo's matches as of late and I think I've tried different times.

If I remember correctly there's a penalty if the match would be more than 10% better than the highest psychology involved in the match. (In this case 76 for both Figo and Matravers) This would make sense since I've been peaking out in the 80ish range for my main events.

You might be right, but I've gotten that penalty for most of Figo's matches as of late and I think I've tried different times.

If I remember correctly there's a penalty if the match would be more than 10% better than the highest psychology involved in the match. (In this case 76 for both Figo and Matravers) This would make sense since I've been peaking out in the 80ish range for my main events.

It's not 'would be'; it's, 'is, at the point in the calculation that they check highest Psych'.

It is also not enough of a penalty to drop you on its own from that rating below the highest Psych, or I would never have reached a 100% rating for a Greg Keith/Joey Minnesota match (88/86 at the time) during my TCW diary.

Further, IIRC that's signified by a different note about Psych in the dirt sheet, from which I infer there to be multiple potential dings from Psych, one of which seems to be related to length of match as well.

Admittedly, this is just the musings of another dude, but I've spent a lot of time staring at A and A* rated matches trying to work out the differences.

Looking at the match you have, you have LFM (strong but not superb Psych), Matravers (middlingish Psych), and your UC (unknown but presumably not exactly Cornell). I'd expect that the level of psychology wasn't enough to carry that match for that length, and other things being equal I'd expect a match 15-20 minutes shorter with the same prior show ratings, same momentum and overness and storyline heat on the wrestlers, to grade out higher*.

* Dependent on Consistency.

Sorry if I sounded dismissive in my earlier response. I do appreciate you posting and giving me advice.

I did a rematch with the same notes and lowered the time, and here's what I got:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/RTG/SilverBolt78RatedMatch.png

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/RTG/SilverBolt78RatedMatchNotes.png

The lower match grade can probably be attributed to my user character being both off his game and stale. Didn't notice the title prestige penalty earlier, but I expect it was there last time as well. Do you think I'd get a better score if I reduced the match time even further?

Such six point difference in the match rating isn't just about the match notes and how you booked it: A lot depends on the flow of the show, too. Don't get too worried about such small differences as they really don't matter in the end.

About psychology and match lenghts: You'll need one guy (match only needs one veteran guy with good psychology as he's carrying the match) with B- in Psychology to run any match 30min or less without getting lack of psychology notes. You'll need to have one guy that has B to A for +35min matches in my experience.

Well Both Louis Figo Manico and Adam Matravers have a 76 in Psychology which is a B-. I just recently signed the unemployed Larry Wood who has 84 in Psychology, but I'm a popularity based promotion so I need to build up his popularity before I can have him in the main event.

You're probably right about it not really mattering overall. My company is currently at Regional with 43 Popularity in Western Europe, so both scores are great for the size.

Archived