Road to Glory Challenge

The Road to Glory Challenge

Start as a 19 year old custom made wrestler+booker of a local 0/0/0/1000 backyard fed.

-----

CHARACTER STATS

Potential: Excellent

SKILLS

Your character starts with Resilience 100, Reputation 100.

You have 750 Points to spend on other skills. (No skill may exceed 75)

PERFORMANCE

Babyface/Heel - 100 Points to spend

Cool/Cocky/etc - 250 Points to spend

POPULARITY: 0 Everywhere

Fluent: Home area language ONLY

-----

STARTING PROMOTION

It should be a 0/0/0/1000 Promotion. That means it has 0 for everything: Popularity, Momentum etc. Except it has $1000 in the bank.

Edit the promotion into the database, it is recommended that you select an owner who will be cheap.

Its product can be anything you want.

-------

Autosave On.

You can only take a job in a promotion 1 level larger than your current one (Or previous if you are currently unemployed) (PS, National/International/Global all count as the same level)

You're goal is to actively rise the ranks of the wrestling business and star in a National or larger promotions PPV's main event with a rating of 95 or above.

You may not make promotion pacts except for War and Ceasefires.

USER PREFERENCES

All Penalties and effects are turned on.

The Mystery Box

When you complete a year, roll randomly on this list as an added bonus. This is for the RTG Challenge, but would also work to spice up normal games. Here is the list at the moment.

----------------

Edited in by Derek B

1. "Friends with Benefits" You gain one Working Agreement (you may try a different company if you are rejected)

2. "War is Good for Business" Your owner demands you declare war on another promotion in the same area. (do nothing if your owner blocks you)

3. "Trusted companion" You gain the Loyalty of one of your roster (random roll from the list of your current roster),

4. "Chance Encounter" While on holiday abroad you have befriended a wrestler and offered them a job (choose a wrestler in another regional area who is unemployed, make them active in your area and create a Strong Friendship between you and them)

5. "Lean On Me" Gain Strong Friendship with random wrestler in your promotion. -15 to both your character's and the random wrestler's Bad Personal Extras (Smoking, Drinking etc), and set to Reformed.

6. “Master And Disciple” You can become the protégé of anyone 10 years or more older than you are (they must be on your roster) OR you can become the mentor of anyone 10 years or more younger than you (they must be on your roster). Randomly roll from anyone who is eligble.

7. “That Loving Feeling…” Your love life has something happen. Move along the scale from left to right, starting a new relationship with someone appropriate (according to their own preferences) on your roster. Dating->Engaged->Married->Separated->Dating->… (use your own discretion if you need to work out if they are the parent of any children you may have. IF you are separated you may choose to start dating someone else, or start over again with them)

8. “LEGEN… wait for it… DARY!” Gain a Best Friend relationship with someone on your roster whose picture is of them wearing a suit. If no-one on your roster is wearing a suit, you must hire someone who wears a suit and become their Best Friend anyway then add +10% to your Drinking habit.

9. "Like A Chimney" +20% to your character’s Smoking.

10. "Ghosts Of Wrestling Past" +20% to your character’s Drinking.

11. “P-A-R-T-why? Cos I Gotta!” +20% to your character’s Soft Drugs habit.

12. “Forgive Me Father, For I Have Wrestled…” +20% to your character’s religious behaviours/habit

13. “I Fought The Law And The Law Won” +20% to your Law Problems

14. "Chance to Train" You have been offered the chance to train with a Wrestling Legend. Gain +20 points to spend on any performance row stats. (Basics, Psychology, Safety, Consistency, Selling)

15. “Nose To The Grindstone” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 any top row skill of your choice

16. "Fists of Fury" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Brawling skill

17. “Feet of Fury” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Puroresu skill

18. “Drunken Monkey Style” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Hardcore skill

19. "Life of a Saint" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to Mat Wrestling skill

20. “Link To The Past” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Chain Wrestling skill

21. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWWW!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Submissions skill

22. "Top Rope Hero" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to Aerial skill

23. “Flash, AAAHH!!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Flashiness skill

24. “World’s Most Dangerous Man” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +10 (yes, +10!) to your MMA skill

25. “Hit The Bricks” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the gym. +10 to spend on physical skills. (Athleticism, Toughness, Stamina, Power)

26. “Bit Part" You have been hired for a small role in a tv pilot +10 points to spend across Microphone Skills, Charisma and Acting

27. “A Bumpy Ride” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Basics skill

28. “So, Tell Me About Your Mother…”You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Psychology skill

29. “You Can Dance If You Wanna” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Safety skill

30. “Solid? Liquid? Gas?” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Consistency skill

31. “Snow To An Eskimo” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Selling skill

32. "You're a Natural" After a booking error you are forced to step into the role of referee for a match and discover a yet unknown skill in that area. +15 to Refereeing.

33. “Puntastic Punditry” You realise you’re better at commentating than you thought, +15 to Announcing

34. “Makeover Time” You get yourself an image makeover. Your sex appeal, star quality and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15.

35. ”Healing Hands” Over the holiday season you book yourself in for several massages and physio appointments. +7.5 to all Physical Condition.

36. "Making Movies" You are unavailable for events for one month due to a role in a small movie (can be January, February or March). Gain +5 Star Quality.

37. “I Can Hit THIS Hard” You may set your stiffness score to be whatever you want it to be.

38. “RAAAAAAWRR!!” You may set your intensity score to be whatever you want it to be.

39. "Step Into The Light" You get your 15 minutes of fame. +15 Pop across entire base country.

40. "Internet Sensation" One of your wrestlers (random roll from the list) has become an internet video hit due to a pirate recording of his last match. +5 pop for your company in your home area and +15 pop for the wrestler in all areas.

41. "Christmas Pudding" You have been piling on the pounds, go up one level of weight class. If you are now middleweight or higher, you can no longer be a cruiserweight, spot monkey or super junior and must be reclassified as a Regular Wrestler.

42. “New Year’s Resolution” You have resolved to go on a diet, go down one level of weight class. If you become a lightweight or lower weightclass you may change your style to cruiserweight, spot monkey or super junior.

43. “Cold Turkey” Change any habit you have formed to be “reformed”, but do not change the base percentage of that habit.

44. "A New Beginning" You may choose to evolve your wrestling style to anything you want.

45. "Unsound Investment" Lose $10,000 (Local or Small) or $100,000 (Regional or larger) (down to a possible 0).

46. "Loan Shark" Gain either $10,000 (Local or Small) or $100,000 (Regional or larger) but in 12 months you must pay back twice that amount.

47. "Charity Event" Your owner has decided to host a charity event. Your next wrestling show gains you no money, but the company gets twice the amount of popularity from it. (Remove how much profit you gain from the next event, after having paid Workers and Show Costs

48. "What's In A Name" Your company has been rebranded in an attempt to appeal to the changing industry. Lose $20,000 Gain 3 Promotion Overness across all areas you have popularity in, and +20% Momentum.

49. "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Popularity across your home area.

50. "Keeping It In The Family" Create a younger sibling wrestler aged 17 (same 750 skill point split). If you are over 32 treat this as a son/daughter.

-------------

DICE ROLLS

If you are looking for an online way to roll a custom sided dice, Id suggest here http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm (Look under Full Roll)

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

550 stats, with 100 res/rep free?

250 on performance skills (50 each)

50 on star quality

250 left...

Uh...I'm kinda stumped. Okay, forget everything but brawling.

50 in brawling; 200 left.

50 in each physical stat.

For the record, you do realize your user character will be worse than RON GREENHORN.

And Blackjack Robbins.

And Armada.

And Thunderbolt.

I think...you just created the worst wrestler ever. btw, put a point into refereeing and announcing so they'll increase with age.

Jemma Griffiths will work for $50. I heavily suggest having her as your manager.

This...is insane.

Oh, and I'd add a tenth item to the random list: Gain 5 points (or something) in a non-top-row stat.

Something like that just to increase SQ, at the very list.

You are INSANE.

So recently I've been thinking about "super hardcore" modes for games such as the Reality survival mods for Fallout and the Nuzlocke Challenge for Pokemon, and after reading the "How do you keep the game fresh" thread I thought it might be interesting to apply something like that to TEW.

The Mystery Box

I really want to create a "christmas present" thing where when you complete a year you get to roll some dice and you get a suprise from a list. This is for the RTG Challenge, but would also work to spice up normal games. Here are some possible suggestions:

1 "Friends with Benefits" You gain one Working Agreement (you may try again if the company rejects you),

2 "Trusted companion" You gain the Loyalty of one of your roster (random roll from the list of your current roster),

3 "Chance to Train" You have been offered the chance to train with a Wrestling Legend. Gain +20 points to spend on Top row stats.

4 "Christmas Pudding" You have been piling on the pounds, go up one level of weight class. (Cruiserweight's and spot monkeys must become regular

wrestlers)

5 "Unsound Investment" Lose $100,000 (down to a possible 0)

6 "Step into the Light" You get your 15 minutes of fame +15 Pop across entire base country.

7 "A New Beginning" You may choose to evolve your wrestling style.

8 "Chance Encounter" While on holiday abroad you have befriended a wrestler and offered them a job (choose a wrestler in another regional area who is unemployed, make them active in your area and create friendship between you and them)

9 "Loan Shark" Gain $100,000 but in 12 months you must payback $200,000

-------------

So yes, what do you think works, what might be a terrible idea?

Just finished setting up my dudes stats

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9932/christiancarmichael.png

Also: If your looking for a tenth christmas present gift (To allow the use of a d10 to determine?) I have a possible idea for one that can be considered bad AND good at the same time.

"Eye Catcher" While attending a micro-indy show a certain performer caught your eye. You talk to the performer after the show and offer him a job. s/he accepts (Build up and import another worker with 550? points to distribute)

^^^

Oh and feel free to change the name if you use it I suck at naming stuff lol

I would like to see more Mystery Box outcomes, as well as more frequent mystery boxes. If the list grew a bit (or a lot), with an even slit between positive and negative, I feel a mystery box could be drawn every 3/4 months.

While they do have the potential to seriously harm your company, it would make it slightly more possible to achieve the final target. Have mystery boxes for each area like:

'Win a bar fight' - x points to spend on brawling skills

'Broken Fist' - take away x points from your brawling skills

'Found instructional submission DVD' - x points to spend on technical skills

'Choked out' - take away x points from technical skills

'The Spirit of (Sam) Strong is Strong within this one' - x points to spend on entertainment skills

'Had a conversation with Ron Greenhorn' - take away x points from entertainment skills

Just stupid things like that could make the challenge a lot more interesting in my opinion.

Edit - Forgot to say, a decent rule to have is a maximum of one month off per year (when using a fed with a regular schedule). Just to stop people not running shows to bank a lot of sponsorship money.

Ok first off, as many can spot, this is still a theory so it will need a lot of tweaking before I'd suggest people actually plough into it.

Omniwarrior, looking at your character I'd pull back on the sex appeal. No male characters have that much in the game. Most are in the low D area..

Considering theres some interest I'll have a look at bulking up the Mystery Box idea. Thanks for the added ideas, I'm looking to have a list of up to 100 with varying levels of bonus/danger.

Eidenhoak I wasn't considering performance stats when I chose the 550 number. Perhaps its too low overall. I'm going to run a few tests on this.

If people can give feedback if they give their characters a shot.. let me know if it feels too low.

Pretty sure I am going to mess around with this later while watching college football. Been experimenting with different promotions set ups lately looking to switch up the game.

There's alot of different ways you can go with this which make it interesting to me. Might try going both performance based and popularity based to see which I like more for this.

edit: Also like the 1,000 money so that it isn't about trying to build your backyard promotion outright but the limited money still limits the people you hire of course.

Wait, what do we do with the performance stats? Does the 550 apply?

Duh.

If it didn't apply, just put them all at 100 and gg.

Not sure, but Codey might have meant the 'gimmick' Performance skills. Like how well they can play a face/heel, and how well they can play cool/crazy/brute/comedy...gimmicks.

And I wonder how those are meant to be set as well.

Edit - And the more mystery boxes the merrier. :D

Not sure, but Codey might have meant the 'gimmick' Performance skills. Like how well they can play a face/heel, and how well they can play cool/crazy/brute/comedy...gimmicks.

And I wonder how those are meant to be set as well.

Edit - And the more mystery boxes the merrier. :D

I've just added points for the Performance stats, should be viewable in the original post now.

However if youve already started playing Its not a big deal. Gaining performance stats is pretty quick.

EDIT:

Ok heres my big question, what is the best way to set up the first backyard promotion? I'm thinking its best to make people edit one into the game, but leave the owner blank and you become the head booker. That way its a random to find out who is your first boss.

I've just added points for the Performance stats, should be viewable in the original post now.

However if youve already started playing Its not a big deal. Gaining performance stats is pretty quick.

Not started yet, had a quick mess around making a user character, and would like somewhere around 750/800 points to spend. Doesn't allow you to start off as a very good talent, but gives you a bit more of a fighting chance because at the minute you start off with less points than Ron Greenhorn.

As for owners, I think their should be a default owner set for the starting promotion. I have ran a couple of sims, both times I got Fumihiro Ota who expected $920 & $1060 for an appearance. Not what you want when you only have $1000 in the bank.

Not sure who should be the default owner (or if there should be a list to choose from), but I am not having my owner annoyed at me for not using him because I don't have the money. :p

I completely misread the no owner rule o.O lol

looking at your character I'd pull back on the sex appeal. No male characters have that much in the game. Most are in the low D area.. [/Quote]

Champagne Lover has an 82. And I decided to do the "pretty boy" route this game so id have an actual reason to push him from a bookers perspective

EDIT: On a sidenote this is the fastest ive ever seen SWF hit global

Wednesday Week 2 Feb 2010.

As for owners, I think their should be a default owner set for the starting promotion. I have ran a couple of sims, both times I got Fumihiro Ota who expected $920 & $1060 for an appearance. Not what you want when you only have $1000 in the bank.

Not sure who should be the default owner (or if there should be a list to choose from), but I am not having my owner annoyed at me for not using him because I don't have the money. :p

Really good point. Yes, definitely needs to be preset.

Not started yet, had a quick mess around making a user character, and would like somewhere around 750/800 points to spend. Doesn't allow you to start off as a very good talent, but gives you a bit more of a fighting chance because at the minute you start off with less points than Ron Greenhorn.

Having tested this a few times. I've decided the best way to do this is to go with the 750 skill points to spend but to put a cap limit on the maximum allowed in all levels, 75 being the highest you can go.

750 points?

That's 15 50s.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25914182625.jpg

There's my ideal setup. I fudged so it's actually 752; I want to see announcing/refereeing growth. I doubt anyone cares.

And I'm not actually doing this (right now). Just playing around with stuff. I suppose I could sim 10 years to see how the guy develops...

Just held my first show rated an overall of 4

DeMento (Dusty Bin) d Canadian Executioner (Murderous Mikey) in a first blood match (3)

Evil Spirit d Trauma in a tables match (6)

Fearless Blue d Malik Cash in a hardcore match for the vacant BW-Xtreme Championship (3)

Also risque angles between my avatar and Kali Fornia rated highest

Lastly in debt losing $1902 on the show

4? I applaud you.

Also risque angles between my avatar and Kali Fornia rated highest

Big Smack Scott approves.

~~~

I suppose the quickest way to do this is to get really good with your small company and, as quickly as possible, promotion jump to a National company, right?

Archived