Road to Glory Challenge

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'm game. May I ask that someone selects a mod for me? Anything you want.

Go classic and do the C-Verse. It's what we all seem to be using.

That being said, I'm one year in holding monthly shows with a mainly traditional product. Growth is happening VERY slow though and I'm barely making profit (+200 each show).

Go classic and do the C-Verse. It's what we all seem to be using.

That being said, I'm one year in holding monthly shows with a mainly traditional product. Growth is happening VERY slow though and I'm barely making profit (+200 each show).

I'm not a big fan of the C-Verse, but you picked it, and I'll do it. :p

I'm doing Traditional/Mainstream/Lucha and I don't care if that's cheap. haha

Character: El Fantastico

25 flash

25 mat

25 chain

1 announce

60 athleticism

60 toughness

40 stamina

60 power

50 basics

73 psych

50 safety

50 consistency

50 selling

75 star quality

75 menace

30 intensity

1 refereeing

and instead of putting 75 into menace I decided to put 25 into mic, charisma, acting.

100 into ****y/crazy, 50 into cool. 100into heel.

Company is PWU, Pro Wrestling Unlimited, based in Mid-South, IIRC.

How do we go about doing this.. do we pick an owner or wait for someone to take the promotion over, then apply for a job?? Or do we start as owner?

There are some distinct advantages to picking Genadi's Montreal Aftermath mod. Think you'll see what I mean. Tito Santana is my owner on an $800/month PPA (he has 29 overness across the US after all) and is my road agent. Mysterion is my user character. Ran my first show and lost $537. Every wrestler except Corino is $150/month he's $600. First show got a 41. The only drawback to this mod is how the trends are. Except for Daredevil they are all sponsorhip killers (Risque, Cult, and Hardcore) so I'm only at minor positive. Also, feel bad for Tajiri as I can't find an affordable Japanese speaker to bring in to keep him company, and Rosetta Stone hasn't been invented yet.;)

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/orig/9/26101433985-orig.jpg

Alright so I drank the Kool-Aid and started this too.

User character (I can't remember all of the stats so just an overview)

Lightweight Japanese Junior

Psych 50

Basics 50

Consistency 20

Safety 20

Selling 20

Stamina 50

Sex Appeal 25

Star Quality 75

Charisma 75

Stamina 50

Athleticism 60

Flashiness 65

Mat 30

MMA 25

So basically an American Martial Artist who went to Japan to compete but ended up in professional wrestling.

As for the promotion I couldn't decide on a product so I took a future promotion and edited to the specifications (0/0/0/1000). So I'm running Black Canvas Grappling owned by none other then Mr. Innovator himself Elemental. Elemental was unemployed so it seemed logical since the promotion Bio says that BCG is funded by fans who though GCG wasn't moving ahead with the times. And Elemental is both an innovator and a fan favorite so I could see them going to him to run the fed for them.

I hired 11 guys under 30 with under 25 overness in Japan and 4 women (BCG has a Women's Division, I may integrate it later). Can't remember all the males but Big Problem is the only other Gaijin on the roster other than my user character. The women include Sakura Sada, Amber Allen, Chiyeko Kita and some one else. Touring schedule is gonna be one show a week to start with the touring months being mar-apr, jul-aug and nov-dec. Again that will change as BCG grows.

Financially I should be ok. Elemental is gonna cost me 3k a month but I'll live he's gonna be a great influence and good road agent for matches. I may even pull him out of retirement to work a match or two with some of my workers.

Well I figured out how my user character is gonna get mic skills. Landmass re-genned with 93/93/95 entertainment skills :eek:

Also in 2010 Cornells worst matches were with BRYAN VESSEY(WHAT DA HELL!?! a 78, an 81, and then a bunch of more respectable matches but still... how is it even possible for a 78 between those two?) and John "Human Arsenal" Anderson (two of the17 matches they were involved with in 2010 were 78s.)

Tommy has only been in the ring once with Golden so far... and it was a tag match that got an 81

Hey, codey had this happen recently: CZCW approached him for a Working Agreement.

Can he accept? I know the rules say only War or Ceasefire (which means ending war?), but this was computer-initiated.

Yes, it seems fair that you can agree to computer initiated working agreements. I'll add it to the ruleset tonight, along with a more complete set of the bonuses. I've been off working all weekend and not near a computer, but I'm glad to see this idea has caught on.

If anyone has any more ideas for bonus/hinderances, or anything else that I might have missed, feel free to post them here. Also I'm guessing that the 750 amount is working better for people now. The 550 would certainly be (as Eidenhoak coined the phrase) the INSANE mode.

Just hit my one year and rolled a six (+15 pop). So now my character is the most over wrestler in the company. Steve Austin just entered wrestling so I hired him, Booker T, Raven, and Taz to work up my characters brawling stats. So far I've only seen a few random bumps in stats, but steadily gaining 1 point each month in 3 random stats. Also decided to throw my user character into the announce table to try and get his mic and charisma up but so far haven't seen any bonus. I'm guessing you need to have a 1st and 2nd announcer in order to teach another?

Also, Jesse Hernandez apparently is a member of the neighborhood watch and will not hire anybody who's had trouble with the law. He wasn't happy with the Austin signing, but seeing as how every other goal of his is gonna be pretty easy to meet (1. Don't fall below LAST PLACE) I figure I'll be just fine. Did have to get rid of Anthony Durante who had the most chemistry out of my whole roster. Now I'm left with Gary Wolfe/Scott Levy positive chemistry, and Dustin Rhodes/Curtis Hughes negative chemistry.

And ZERO tag team chemistry entirely.... I'll try and post up the starting and current stats for my character tonight.

Just want a slight clarification about owner goals.

When it states ...When the time expires..., that means anything can happen between now and then, right? I ask because I have can't be under $0 (which is currently fine), but the big one is can't be lower than 20th promotion which won't be a problem THEN. Unfortunately, 2 new feds opened (with Omega dying off) dropping me to 21.

I've seen it stated differently for money. Something like Your Balance Can't Fall Below X. Hopefully, I'm right, or there's probably no reason to keep playing unless completing one critical (plus 3 average) goal while failing the other won't get me fired.

I have a question...

I'd like to get in on this, but I'd like to turn regeneration on and new workers off. The reason being...if the game lasts long enough I'd like the option of not running out of talent, which starts to happen when you get 35 years deep I've discovered. This way you'd at least keep the same number, roughly, of active workers. I turned this feature on too late in my current game and now most guys are regening as non-wrestlers.

It's your scenario though, so if you're not a fan of the option by all means kabosh it.

Started mine but I'm taking the first 3 months off (is that ok?) to get things situated and to save up some cash.

Nothing against it at the minute, but I think it should be put in the rules that you can't take more than one month off per calender year. I don't like seeing the option to save up when part of the challenge is the money.

I have heard of people doing it with 0/0/0/0 games before. Why not just give yourself more starting money?

I'm on the first Sunday of the year. About...maybe halfway through the hiring today, and...I doubt halfway through all the hirings to do. Slow, slow process.

That said, still haven't hired anyone more than $200. Silver was damn tempting, but...I don't exactly have a lesbian-friendly product.

And Hall's on a Written contract, which might have been a touch stupid on my part. Oh well.

Nothing against it at the minute, but I think it should be put in the rules that you can't take more than one month off per calender year. I don't like seeing the option to save up when part of the challenge is the money.

I have heard of people doing it with 0/0/0/0 games before. Why not just give yourself more starting money?

Point taken. I haven't gone through a full month yet, so I will run one this month and not take any months off :)

Roster:

Main Eventers:

El Medico

Fumihiro Ota (Owner)

Ant-Man

UMC:

Paradox

Paradigm

DeCipher

Paranoia

MC:

Dagger

El Fantastico (me)

LMC:

Zachary Inc

ET:

El Ladron

Referees: Elegance and Alan Gray but I think I'll be firing Alan Gray since Elegance had no travel fee.

Events:

PWU When Harry Wrestled Sally

PWU Sleeperholds in Seattle

PWU Legends of the Pinfall

PWU While You Were Wrestling

PWU Never Been Pinned

PWU You Got Mauled

PWU 50 First Matches

PWU Surely Possibly

PWU He's Just Not That Into Jobbing

PWU How to Beat a Guy By a Ten Count

PWU Wrestling Actually

PWU Brotherhood of the Touring Promotion

(No, we're not a touring promotion. Irony?)

Titles:

PWU King of Colorado Springs Bar (ME)

PWU Superbestfriends (FL tag)

PWU Rock Paper Bodyscissors (March ME tourney)

I've found this hard myself (Most likely cause I'm terrible at 0/0/0/0s), but I usually have to take a few months off just to save money. I could understand one month off when you hit Regional, but starting out as Local with $1,000, it is pretty hard. I lose at least $3,500 a show. Maybe I could hire cheaper guys though.

Honestly I just search for guys with zero popularity that work for nobody else, and set a strict limit for what I'm willing to spend. In my game I got every single worker for $150 until I hit 10 pop and then started to allow myself a handful (4) workers that cost between 200 and 400 per appearance. If I couldn't get them for $150 or less then I just ceased negotiations. And I flat out refuse to pay any travel costs. That's a dealbreaker for me. The only people I pay more for are my referee, road agent, and announcer. I feel those guys are worth it though.

Hiring 0 overness guys only works for promotions that are favorable to sponsorship. If you play an underground hardcore fed, or even a puro fed you'll find getting sponsorship tough and it will be next to impossible to grow even with the smallest possible roster at $150 a piece an announce who ask $50 and a ref who asks $50. So if you want to work a fed that isn't favorable to sponsorship you have to take at the very least the first month off or you'll be bankrupt. Touring feds are also next to impossible if you aren't cost effective even at one show a week plus the monthly show that's a but load of money for a promotion that may only net you 3000 in sponsorship.

Now there are more cheats then just waiting a month (or two) to start. hire guys the immediately renegotiate their contracts, that will save you on the travel money as they usually don't ask for travel the second time around (well usually if they aren't working for anyone else). I chose a touring promotion and I skipped the first two months by making my touring months two off, two on starting with Jan and Feb off. I however did not use the resign work around to lower the bills of the few folks who had travel in their contract.

Decided to get TEW from under the dust and give this a go.

Sorry to bring bad news, but that adds up to 820 skill points. I'm guessing you did 100 into reputation and resilience, 70 into Menace and then distributed 750 points. The points you spend on Menace however count towards the 750 limit.

I think I get what you're saying, but wouldn't a performance>popularity product counteract that problem?

Yes but who wants to be forced to play a performance fed as a 0/0/0/0 or even 0/0/0/1000. So to allow those of us who want to try something other than being baby WWE we have to work with the system a little.

Archived