The London-Verse

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Duke and Dominique both look great!

Edit: You really nailed Jonas's expression too, I think.

You've done some great work with those - Ian Stout and Guy McGraw both have such expressive faces.

Thank you.

I have added the company information for Dynamite USA, the sister promotion of Pro Wrestling Dynamite in Japan on the front page.

I just have five of the board submitted workers left to enter in the data, would people be interested in me posting the bios etc for the wrokers in this thread as I have been doing with my own?

I would do selective ones. While posting a few bios will help with immersion, I feel some mystery is still needed for when the data is released.

All the user submitted workers are now in the data. As promised, here are four of their bios:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/BoboTheHardcoreClown.jpg

Bobo The Clown

Bobo The Hardcore Clown is known for his barbaric brawls, most of which occur within the confines of XCW. This giant of a man is often seen carrying his bloodstained baseball bat that holds the memories of wars long past and is more than happy to play a cruel joke on any who oppose him in or out of the ring.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/AngusMcGrath.jpg

Angus McGrath

Angus McGrath is a heavy hitting Scot who travelled to the US at the tender age of 16 to learn the art of professional wrestling. Nine years later and McGrath has begun to make quite the name for himself on the independent scene, with many expecting him to get a call-up soon from one of the bigger promotions.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/DrakeYoung.jpg

Drake Young

The arrogant Drake Young is a spot monkey from New York, his ego on stage is apparently the same ego he has backstage as well. His recent tenure in XCW has seen Young grow in confidence by the day and it may only be a matter of time before we see "The Xtreme Future" win championship gold.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/DominiqueLilles.jpg

Dominique Lilles

Dominique Lilles is a young French-Canadian worker with a big upside, attracting attention through both a unique look and her ability. She seems to have a lot of potential to become a big star of women's wrestling.

Her current progress in Pure Heart Wrestling has been something to admire; Lilles has risen to the heights of championship contender against some of the most experienced women in the sport in a relatively short period of time and looks set to lift the gold sometime in 2011.

Whilst I'm getting busy rendering and adding some of my own characters, I do have a couple of things that you can all help me with.

For the companies that have been revealed in full I will be requiring event names, PPV names and tv show names. To help in this regard, here is what I am planning:

- AWF

12 PPVs

1 or 2 tv shows

- CWE

12 PPVs

1 tv show

- CPW

12 PPVs

1 weekly show (not tv)

- HLG

12 PPVs

1 tv show

- JWA

6 tour names

- PWD

12 PPVs

1 weekly show

- DUSA

12 PPVs

1 weekly show

- XCW

12 events

The second thing I could do with help is possible names for tag teams. Don't need to think of the characters involved at this point, just a list of names that.......erm......pop I suppose.

Thanks everybody.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/CJHunter.jpg

Name: "The Demented One" C.J. Hunter

Size: 6'2" 235lbs

Ethnicity: White, American

Appearance: Medium length dark brown hair. Green eyes. Evil smile/grin.

Ring Style: Charismatic brawler.

Celt's suggested Bio: "Demented" C.J. Hunter is a darkly charismatic brawler from Kansas City. When he first began making waves on the wrestling scene as a rookie, he was lauded for his strong athleticism, his comfortability working the microphone and a look that very much suited the traditional wrestling mould. However, a series of unfortunate injuries picked up working on the indie scene created a buzz around Hunter that he was "injury prone", a term promoters looking for long term investments always hate to hear.

Quickly become frustrated with his situation, Hunter took it upon himself to turn himself into such a hot community he could no longer be ignored. Turning his back on his previously clean cut image, Hunter ventured into becoming a far more brooding character, one seemingly on edge of sanity. Using social media as a tool, Hunter began cutting increasing contentious promos, often steering into "shoot" territory. While the promos have been endlessly controversial, the huge interest in Hunter makes him now exceedingly hard to ignore as a mover and shaker in the business.

Edit: Sorry London, I misread one of your posts and thought you were looking for people to suggest bios for some of the workers, my mistake.

Celt's suggested Bio: "Demented" C.J. Hunter is a darkly charismatic brawler from Kansas City. When he first began making waves on the wrestling scene as a rookie, he was lauded for his strong athleticism, his comfortability working the microphone and a look that very much suited the traditional wrestling mould. However, a series of unfortunate injuries picked up working on the indie scene created a buzz around Hunter that he was "injury prone", a term promoters looking for long term investments always hate to hear.

Quickly become frustrated with his situation, Hunter took it upon himself to turn himself into such a hot community he could no longer be ignored. Turning his back on his previously clean cut image, Hunter ventured into becoming a far more brooding character, one seemingly on edge of sanity. Using social media as a tool, Hunter began cutting increasing contentious promos, often steering into "shoot" territory. While the promos have been endlessly controversial, the huge interest in Hunter makes him now exceedingly hard to ignore as a mover and shaker in the business.

Edit: Sorry London, I misread one of your posts and thought you were looking for people to suggest bios for some of the workers, my mistake.

I like that a lot. I think I may pinch this with your permission. :p

Just listing some events, team names that I have used in the past (and a couple that I have spun to fit this data better). Nothing ground breaking, but just felt like posting.

Events

-New Beginnings

-Modern Day Warfare

-Picture Perfect

-Tag Title Warfare (for any promotion that gives tag teams some love)

-Clash of Champions

-Star Tournament (obviously for running a tournament, where the winner recieves a shot at the event called...)

-Star Challenger

-Forever Moving Forward

-Battle Lines Are Drawn

-Prove Your Worth

-Explosion

-Dead End

-Tri-State Battle

-From The Ashes

Teams

-Down To Chance (One members first/last name must be Chance. They were given the name by the fans. This obviously sets up a future jelousy angle, as Chance is getting all the credit, while other partner is not.)

-Mex-Express (The resident borderline insulting name for a mexican team in an American promotion)

-Awesome Wrestling Future (An arrogant team in one of the regional/cult feds, that claim that they are destined to be huge stars in AWF. Either used to get heat for two talented wrestlers, or used to mocking effect by pairing jobbers under the name)

-The Hitmen (Nothing snazzy about this name, but it's the name of my favourite tag team in a game I have, so had to suggest it. By the way, Matt Hall calls dibs on this team name :p)

-The Young Stallions (Similar to Awesome Wrestling Future, just without the reference to another promotion)

-Young Money Generation (Could also be a stable)

- XCW

12 events

1. King of Xtreme (Not very imaginative, I know, but I figure the tourney should probably have its own event name)

2. Bloody Fists

3. Carnage

4. Mayhem Zone

5. Midsummer Misery

6. Death Duel

7. Grindhouse

8. Crimson Mask

9. Stay of Execution

10. Night of Xtreme

11. Rain of Blood

12. Legends of Hardcore

Just off the top of my head, mostly.

Just so I don't missed the next submission oppurtunity...

Name: Lord Jaguar

Size: 6'2 220 lbs Heavyweight?

Ethnicity: Hispanic/Mexican American

Appearance: Brown Skin, a orange mask in the pattern of a Jaguar, matching pants no shirt, black boots.

Ring Style: Regular although he's a Mat Technician with Luchadore leanings...

Finisher: Jaguar Bomber (Crooked Arm Lariat)

Submission Finisher: Jaguar Special (Manjigatama AKA Octopus Stretch)

Uber Finisher: Jaguar Buster (Jumping Muscle Buster)

Bio: Who is Lord Jaguar? That is a question many have asked yet none have answered. No one even knows he is 1 man or a series of men donning the Mythic Mask of the Jaguar. What is known, is that he is a great technician who can adapt to almost any style. He is willing to work anywhere for anyone...just to prove he is the Perfect Wrestler!

Monster looks terrifying. And the Jordans certainly seem to have a family resemblance (if they're not related, I will laugh)

They are related. :)

Check this one out:

Quarantine

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/Quarantine.jpg

Archived