The London-Verse

Name: Polythene Pam

Size: Light Heavyweight

Ethnicity: White, English

Appearance: <cue Aerosmith> Dude dude dude... dude looks like a lady!

Ring Style: Entertainer

Bio: Jordy Ginwitch spent his early career working the independent English circuit under his real name and a gimmick that was only ever as interesting as the pair of tights he could afford that month. In [pick a year 5 or so years back from when the gameworld starts] he was late to an arena and forced to wear female clothing in his match as a punishment. Much to everyone's surprise, he actually managed to make the crowd pop.

Sensing a good thing, Jordy went the whole way with the gimmick, not only wearing women's clothes but also putting on makeup, styling his hair, and even changing his ring name to Polythene Pam. While he's unlikely to ever win an award for his wrestling ability (or sexual appeal when in a bikini), Pam has gone on to prove himself across the UK scene as someone who can be an entertaining commodity within the right promotion.

Finisher: Freeballing Hammer (similar to a burning hammer, but involving his groin for cheap laughs)

Gimmick: Drag Queen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: The American Skullet

Size: Middleweight

Ethnicity: American, white.

Appearance: Blue eyes. Shoulder length hair with a prominent skullet. Has The Stars and Stripes (or other equivalent symbol) painted on his forehead.

Ring Style: Regular wrestler, above average in selling, charisma and safety. Great mic skills. Very low menace.

Bio: "The American Skullet" began his wrestling career at the age of 20 under his real name Jim Parks. His beautiful blond hair and astonishing blue eyes soon made him very popular with the female fans. But as early as age 26 he began losing hair on the top of his head, losing some of his good looks and also most of his followers. He changed his ring-name and gimmick to something completely different, now working as an all-american patriot.

Gimmick: Patriot

Note: Please be indulgent towards my broken english. I'm a swedish guy :)

Name: Thomas Mayfair

Size: 6'2" 230lbs. Middleweight...just about.

Ethnicity: White British (English).

Appearance: Shortish dark brown hair, possibly swept to one side and a bit of stubble. Youthful and quite handsome, but not too pretty-boyish. I'm thinking a bit like the default Joss Thompson if you want a muse. Possible lucha alt with wolf influenced mask.

Ring Style: Solid allrounder with focus on technical skills. More of a sports entertainment guy, not too stiff or intense. I suppose regular wrestler.

Bio: Born to a wealthy family, Thomas Mayfair decided to turn his hand to pro-wrestling and got the best training money can buy. Plays the ****y/snobby persona well because it isn't far from his real life charater. Some of his move names are, for reasons best known to himself, based around wolves. His finisher, a visually impressive variation of facecrusher, is called the Wolfbite. A springboard headkick is called the Howl of the Wolf, and finally, he has a signature suplex variant - the Lupine Suplex. Plans to travel and could end up fitting in anywhere due to his adaptability.

Gimmick wise - Either rich snob or ****y youth for heel (depending on age), and clean cut or blue chipper for face.

I just want to add, it's fun to see what people come up with for fantasy '-verses', I'm really interested to see what happens here.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/ThomasMayfair.jpg

Name: Jin Sasaki

Size: Light Heavyweight

Ethnicity: Japanese (Asian)

Appearance: Confident-looking with scruffy hair (if possible, red or blonde dyed)

Ring Style: Puro, highly stiff and decent brawling

Gimmick: Free-Spirited face.

Bio: Jin Sasaki is an energetic youngster from Kyoto who is quickly developing a fanbase thanks to his fondness for brutally realistic striking, endearing him to home crowds if not his fellow wrestlers.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JinSasaki.jpg

Name: "The Demented One" C.J. Hunter

Size: 6'2" 235lbs

Ethnicity: White, American

Appearance: Medium length dark brown hair. Green eyes. Evil smile/grin.

Ring Style: Charismatic brawler.

Bio: "The Demented One" C.J. Hunter is charismatic brawler from Kansas City, Kansas. While he has the look and charisma to go far in the business, injury concerns have kept promoters from giving him a shot at stardom. Hoping to reinvent himself, Hunter changed his gimmick from a clean cut babyface to a demented loose cannon.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/CJHunter.jpg

Why not stick myself in your database. (Well someone who's only similarity is his name is 1 letter away from my real name :p).

Name: 'Machine Gun' Matt Hall (I don't mind whether the nickname is actually in his name or just mentioned in the bio)

Age: 27 (There is no real reason I picked this age, I decided on 27 to give him the chance to be established in a promotion, but if you wanted to make him a rookie that is fine by me. Just don't make him too old :p)

Size: Lightweight (got to fit into Jr. divisions)

Ethnicity: White/Irish (English if you want, again not too bothered.)

Appearance: I am thinking close to the likes of Zack Sabre Jr. or Fergal Devitt, but lots of creative freedom goes to you.

Ring Style: Japanese Junior. Strengths are strikes, technical aility and flying. Decent entertainment skills, but by no means good on the mic.

Bio: 'Machine Gun' Matt Hall is an Irish wrestler, who moved to Japan at the age of 20 to pursue his dream of becoming a proffessional wrestler. He sought out the tutelage of *insert name of Japanese wrestler he can be the protege of*. *And the rest of this paragraph I can't write without knowing his career*.

His most famous move is his 'Machine Gun' Superkicks, a series of quickfire kicks to his opponent, often taking out his opponents legs to bring them to their knees before delivering a final blow to the opponents head.

Gimmicks - Something along the lines of No Gimmick Needed (Face) and Ice Man (Heel). As long as it is nothing too gimmicky I don't care that much.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/MattHall.jpg

Name: The Christmas Goblin

Size: Very small

Ethnicity: Mexican

Appearance: Midget with hair like Bill Murray, slightly scary but not really goblin-like mask and a Christmas coloured attire with spandex.

Ring Style: Brawler

Bio: Nothing’s scarier than a midget with a goblin mask, The Christmas Goblin is a real journeyman despite being far from the most talented wrestler. His gimmick is surprisingly entertaining and he has managed to get work all over the world, the only downside is that he is pretty much out of work for all but a few months each year.

Finisher: Coald Christmas(hits his opponent over the head with a lump of coal, so I guess it’s a cheating finisher)

Sweet baby Jesus, this is what I was concerned about. I'll do this one, but this is the type of character I won't be adding too many of. :p

Here are some of the early characters that myself and others have contributed to whet the appetite. Enjoy :)

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/RichEPlatinum.jpg

Rich E. Platinum

Unquestionably one of the biggest names in professional wrestling, Rich E. Platinum broke into the business through the CWE wrestling school where he graduated top of his class in 2000. Platinum made a name for himself almost instantly on the main roster of CWE by upsetting (add name later) for the United States championship.

Six years later, having won the CWE Undisputed championship on three separate occasions, Platinum was tempted away to the promised land of the AWF by his future wife, Jewel. Having turned his back on the organisation that made him into the star he is, Rich E. Platinum became one of the biggest heels in the sport, a position he proudly retains to this day.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/Jewel.jpg

Jewel

A former model out of Los Angeles, Jewel broke into the wrestling business in 2004 as a backstage interviewer for the AWF who saw that her almost unrivalled beauty could captivate an audience. Jewel remained the pretty girl-next-door during her first two years under the AWF banner until she played a part in one of the biggest shakeups in the sport when she convinced her future husband, Rich E. Platinum, to jump ship and join her in the American Wrestling Federation.

Now plying her trade as a bitchy manager for her husband, Jewel has become one of the most despised individuals in the whole of the sport.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/BigRonJohnson.jpg

Big Ron Johnson

Big Ron Johnson is a former security guard from the Tampa Bay area. His sheer size and fearsome demeanour saw him hired by many of the top celebrities in the state of Florida to protect them from any fan who got a bit too close for comfort. In 1997, Big Ron Johnson decided that he wanted a platform to step out and become his own man and turned to the world of professional wrestling.

After two years of training in a Japanese dojo, Johnson became one of the most popular gaijin to compete in Honour League Grappling where he saw success as a singles star although he never managed to capture the Glory Honour Crown. Seeing potential and looking to serve his own needs, Rich E. Platinum used his connections to get Johnson an AWF contract where the former security guard used his considerable muscle to aid the AWF World Heavyweight champion.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JustinRoxdale.jpg

Justin Roxdale

Justin Roxdale is one of the rare breed to graduate the AWF Superstar School. A good looking fan-favourite, Roxdale is well versed in the fundamentals of the sport and is proficient in brawling, high-flying and mat based exchanges, unlike other workers who have come through the AWF academy who on the surface are more style than substance.

Roxdale is a two-time AWF television champion and has steadily risen up the card over his tenure in the company. If rumours are to be believed, Roxdale may be moments away from the push to the main event scene that would see him become one of the big names in the sport.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/Oblivion.jpg

Oblivion

Considered by many to be the best young monsters in the business, the masked man known as Oblivion instils fear into the hearts of all those who oppose him. Not much is known of Oblivion's origins, he just seemed to burst onto the scene when he won the ESW East Coast title in 2008. Oblivion continued his tear by holding onto the title for just shy of an entire year until he was picked up by AWF in mid 2009.

Whilst in the AWF, Oblivion has stalked numerous members of the roster before destroying them in the ring leaving many insiders and fans alike wondering who exactly will be able to stop Oblivion.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/RiverPhillips.jpg

River Phillips

River is a former backup QB in pro football. After feeling he'd never be the star he felt he truly could be in football, he decided to try his hand in wrestling. With his natural athletic ability and good looks he should go far.

In the summer of 2009, River was offered a handsome contract to join the AWF which he gladly accepted. The formation of the tag team known as The Standouts which saw River and his partner Deshawn Jones rise up the tag teaming ranks has provided the former backup QB his opportunity in the spotlight.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/DeshawnJones.jpg

Deshawn Jones

Deshawn Jones is an athletic phenomenon who possesses all the physical gifts a man could possibly wish for. Jones could have easily turned his hand to any sport he saw fit and ultimately decided that professional wrestling was the path for him. Jones spent minimal time on the independent scene before being picked up by the AWF in late 2010 where he formed a formidable tag team with River Phillips, collectively known as The Standouts. Given more ring time, this young tag team could become one of the top duos in all of professional wrestling.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/Fluffy-2.jpg

Fluffy

The Straight Edge Emo, Fluffy owned his own backyard promotion for several years but now wishes to enter the actual world of professional wrestling. He is a born heel and uses both his Straight Edge views, his Christian upbringing, and his Emo style to generate heat

Fluffy soon found a home in the dangerous land of XCW where he debuted at their infamous King of the Xtreme VI and has remained a part of their roster ever since.

Name: Mayhem Moilanen

Size: Heavyweight

Ethnicity: Finnish

Appearance: Shaggy long dark brown hair and a full beard, Bruiser Brodyish wildman character.

Ring Style: Charismatic stiff brawler with below average technical skills and good performance.

Bio: With a career spanning over two decades, Juha "Mayhem" Moilanen is one of the biggest stars in European wrestling. Debuting in August 1988 Mayhem has since headlined shows in Europe and UK, he also has had few stints in Japan where his crazed wildman routine got him over. Now in his early forties he divides his time between wrestling and training the next generation of Scandinavian wrestlers.

Finisher: very, very stiff Lariat

Gimmick: wildman

Name: Angus McGrath

Ethnicity: White

Nationality: Scottish

Appearance:Like this :o

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/thetramp_photos/Mod/AngusMcGrath.jpg

Looks old for his age, chubby, rosy red cheeks (if possible)

Bio:

• "Hard Hitting" Scottish worker
  • A hard-hitter, well known for his ultra stiff kicks, his ultra-violent no-nonsense style of attack.
  • He has lived in the United States since moving over to train at sixteen.
  • Hard worker, good agility for a big guy.
  • Unique look

Didn't know if you'd prefer a fully fluffed out version or just notes so you can have an overall tone of bios.

Finisher(s): The Doctor's Note (Running Knockout Knee Strike); T-Bone Suplex

Name: "Sly" Guy McGraw

Size: lightweight

Nationality: Canadian

Appearance: Again :o

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/thetramp_photos/Mod/SlyGuyMcGraw.jpg

Ring Style: Regular

Bio:

• Canadian
  • Good high flyer and technical worker
  • Size may have held him back from the big leagues, he is small
  • Wears a baseball cap for entrances and never wears the same one twice
  • Has teamed on occasion with Scottish worker Angus McGrath, with promoters putting them together due to both being of Scottish decent

Finisher(s): Crossface Chickenwing; Sly Sly Slice (Jumping Leg Lariat)

Name: Bobo The Hardcore Clown

Size: Big Heavyweight

Nationality: American

Appearance: Extremley white face paint,red nose and green messey hair

Ring Style: Psychopath

Bio: Bobo The Hardcore Clown is just what he says he is hardcore often in bloody street brawls Bobo is usually accompanied by his baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire

Finisher: Cruel Joke (Piledriver)

Gimmick: Clown (works gimmick both face and heel)

(Rather poor worker who's highest skills are Hardcore,Charisma & Menace)

Name: Drake Young

Appearance: Purple Bandana,Dark Brown Beard

Ring Style: Spot Monkey

Bio: The arrogant Drake Young is a spot monkey from New York, his ego on stage is apparently the same ego he has backstage aswell

Finisher: Future Strike (Running Lariat)

Gimmick: C0cky Youth (as heel), No gimmick needed (as face)

(All-Round wrestler who's highest skills are Aeriel,Hardcore & Intensity)

Name: Trash Park Tony

Appearance: Bald and unclean skin with dirt marks all over his face also has only a few crooked teeth left

Bio: Trash Park Tony is a hardcore brawler who has been competing for 12 years with no success, he has sustained major injuries over his career from the extremley dangerous matches he competes in

Finisher: (has no real finisher as most of his matches he loses and the ones he wins are by using weapons)

Gimmick: Trash (Face & Heel)

(Truly awful worker with highest skills in Hardcore,Toughness & Brawling)

Wow, Sasaki looks incredible!

Name: Jack "The Duke" Dukinson

Ethnicity: American (Caucasian)

Appearance: This might sound a bit odd, but... somewhat sad or disappointed looking? Quite thickset facially.

Ring Style: Entertainer, should probably have quite good entertainment skills but poor star quality

Gimmick: Bitter Veteran/Old School Face

Bio: Jack "The Duke" Dukinson was once regarded as a very hot prospect, seen as an exciting and progressive cruiserweight competitor. However, a botched move early in his career resulted in Dukinson shattering his right knee, and he completely disappeared off the map. Dukinson made a much-hyped return in -five-years-from-starting-point-, but those expecting to see the same competitor were much disappointed, as he was noticeably slower and out of shape - far more reliant on his natural charisma than his skills.

Finisher: Dukinson Demolition (Impact)

-----

Name: Jonas James

Size: Lightweight

Ethnicity: English (Caucasian)

Appearance: Goofy, 'aw shucks' kind of smile, but otherwise no specifics.

Ring Style: Regular wrestler, fairly charismatic but terrible consistency and semi-low safety

Gimmick: Dancing Fool

Bio: 'Dependable' Jonas James is a Manchester-based worker whose nickname may include more than a touch of sarcasm, considering he is one of the most wildly inconsistent wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. On a good day, James is rumoured to be very watchable, but these so-called 'good days' have now reached almost mythical status.

Finisher: Jonasault (Impact)

----

And now for something(one) completely different.

Name: Dominique Lilles

Size: Small

Ethnicity: Canadian (Caucasian)

Appearance: Pale brunette with short, boyish hair.

Ring Style: Regular wrestler, quite good all-around skills

Gimmick: Clean Cut (Face), Straight Edge (Heel)

Bio: Dominique Lilles is a young French-Canadian worker with a big upside, attracting attention through both a unique look and her ability. She seems to have a lot of potential to become a big star of women's wrestling.

Finisher C'est La Vie (Impact)

Worker Submissions Are Halted For Now

There are twenty plus workers I need to add to the data and render at present, not to mention the characters I have been working on and this will require a bit of time.

Thanks for all who have contributed thus far, I will post the renders as and when I complete them and will be sure to inform you all when character submission are open once again. Updates will continue throughout.

Sorry for so many, or I probably can come up with more if you'd like them. :p

Name: Brady Danielson

Ethnicity: Canadian

Appearance: White skin, Shaggy blonde hair, blue eyes, stoic expression, or like Daniel Bryan, who originally inspired the character :p

Ring Style: Technician

Bio: 'The Calgary Thrasher' Brady Danielson is a skilled technical wrestler who excelled at amateur wrestling before turning professional after being discovered by [name] leaving tryouts for the Canadian National Wrestling team, having come up short. Finding the rent was due, Danielson took up the offer and flourished in the ring, though his lack of personality can leave something to be desired.

Gimmicks: almost any legitimate, but Machine is preferred

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/BradyDanielson.jpg

This is shaping up to be a decent mod. It has some good personalities so far. Keep us posted and continue to work hard. We appreciate the hard work.

Thanks man, although a hasten to say that this mod will be better than "decent" with the help I am receiving from fellow board members. :)

Sorry for so many, or I probably can come up with more if you'd like them. :p

Name: Jon Kronk

Size: Super Heavyweight

Ethnicity: English

Appearance: Huge, muscle-bound hulk, a la Gargantuan or Runaway Train

Ring Style: Entertainer

Bio: Jon Kronk is a veteran heavyweight brawler from the United Kingdom, where he has played up his gimmick, that of a simple powerhouse, for many years. Over the years, many different managers and promoters have been the mind behind the power, but in the late stages of his career, he has tried to revive his career by showing some of his own intellect.

Gimmicks: Monster, Giant, Bodyguard, Simpleton

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JonKronk.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JonKronk-2.jpg

p.s. I will be making him a giant in the data.........it just felt right.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JonKronk.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/JonKronk-2.jpg

p.s. I will be making him a giant in the data.........it just felt right.

Alright, no problem. Giants are just so few and far between in mods that I didn't feel it was necessary to the character. ;)

Archived