Christmas competition 2011

Undertaker666

It's that time of year to spread cheer and goodwill to your fellow man so i'll be giving away a game from http://www.gog.com again.

READ THE RULES

Rules:

1. Answers must be sent to me via Private Message. Only your first pm will be accepted, so be sure you've answered all that you can before you send it.

2. If no-one gets all of the answers, the person who got the most correct answers will get the game of their choice.

3. Your choice of game must be from the following list: http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#all_genres/price/599/

4. Obviously we have a lot of people from different countries on the forum, but keep in mind that i'm from the UK and some games are titled differently from country to country. Try and get the UK name, otherwise I may say you're wrong when you're actually not. (I don't think any of the games in question are named differently, but you never know)

5. If the game is a sequel, you must get the correct version of the game. However if you answer with the correct game series but get the exact game wrong, i'll give you 1/2 a point.

6. If there's a tie... i'll decide what happens then. :p

7. Once decided, i'll contact the winner via pm so they can give me their email address.

8. If you win, check the system requirements before you choose your game.

To win the game all you've got to do is identify what games these screenshots are from.

I'll let the competition run until Thursday 15th December.

Have fun, and good luck! :)

--------------------------------------------------

If the Photobucket bandwidth gets exceeded and you can't see the pictures, let me know.

there are some pretty obscure games in there

I had to throw in a few lesser known ones which could be the decision makers. Although to me, none of those games are obscure. One of them is the first video game I ever played. :cool:

I used to spend hours playing these games... Man did I love them.

Well there's two that you know then...

The, ahem, "football" one is one of the greatest games EVER made. Hell, GM and me were talking about it just the other day. Shame the franchise didn't continue.

They did make an ice-hockey game, don't know if you knew that? Closest thing you'd get to the "football" one these days (at least to my knowledge) would be Blood Bowl.

The, ahem, "football" one is one of the greatest games EVER made. Hell, GM and me were talking about it just the other day. Shame the franchise didn't continue.

They did make an ice-hockey game, don't know if you knew that? Closest thing you'd get to the "football" one these days (at least to my knowledge) would be Blood Bowl.

I know what games you're talking about without even looking at the screenshots. :p They were awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Damnit. I guess it's true what they say... you've gotta be in it to win it. ¬_¬

I didn't bother, frankly, because I only 'knew' 6, one of which turned out to be wrong (I thought General Chaos was Cannon Fodder :() and another was probably too vague to count (would I have got a point for just putting "Dizzy (Not Treasure Island or Crystal Kingdom but one of the other ones, don't know which one)."? ¬_¬). If it came down to a tie-break, I'd probably lose out for just putting "Streets of Rage" too.

It turns out that of the rest, I'd only ever heard of one (MDK, which I probably should've got). But if I'd known nobody else was going to bother... bah.

Ironically, I'd never heard of Who Dares Wins (but it looks a bit like Outlaw on the C64). ¬_¬

Damnit. I guess it's true what they say... you've gotta be in it to win it. ¬_¬

Indeed!

would I have got a point for just putting "Dizzy (Not Treasure Island or Crystal Kingdom but one of the other ones, don't know which one)."? ¬_¬). If it came down to a tie-break, I'd probably lose out for just putting "Streets of Rage" too.

You would've got half a point for each.

Ironically, I'd never heard of Who Dares Wins (but it looks a bit like Outlaw on the C64). ¬_¬

It is similar to Outlaw, Commando and Arnie, all of which I still have on cassette tape. :p

No-one actually entered? That's lametastic! :p

Turns out I knew about 4 really and recognised about half of the rest even if I doubt I'd have been able to name more than a couple of them even with a lot of thought. It still saddens me that people don't know about Rainbow Island, which is about as big a sin as not knowing about Bubble Bobble or any game featuring Dizzy. Oddly enough, my favourite Dizzy games is actually called Fast Food. It's basically Pac-Man with Dizzy and it was a lot of fun. And blooming hard too, cos some of the doors that would let ghosts out made places into death traps if you got the timing wrong, which I invariably did. I remember the game was part of a Quattro set along with a pinball game I never beat, a pub quiz game I never knew the answers to (I was less than 10 years old!) and a Codemasters fruit machine simulator that luckily is about the full extent of my contact with the money guzzling machines I'm ever intending to have. :)

Comradebot was randomly chosen. He picked Fallout 2.

No-one actually entered? That's lametastic! :p

Tell me about it! :p

It still saddens me that people don't know about Rainbow Island, which is about as big a sin as not knowing about Bubble Bobble or any game featuring Dizzy.

Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk has been re-released for Android, iPhone and iPad. If I had one such thing, i'd buy it. Only £1.49. :cool:

Oddly enough, my favourite Dizzy games is actually called Fast Food. It's basically Pac-Man with Dizzy and it was a lot of fun. And blooming hard too, cos some of the doors that would let ghosts out made places into death traps if you got the timing wrong, which I invariably did.

I owned (well, still own) every Dizzy game released on the C64. My favourite non-adventure Dizzy game was Kwik Snax. :cool:

I remember the game was part of a Quattro set along with a pinball game I never beat, a pub quiz game I never knew the answers to (I was less than 10 years old!) and a Codemasters fruit machine simulator that luckily is about the full extent of my contact with the money guzzling machines I'm ever intending to have. :)

Now there's a blast from the past, the Quattro sets, completely forgot about them. I had the original Dizzy bundled with Ghost Hunters, Super Robin Hood and... something else.

Dang that stinks. i would have got 5.5 but figured someone older than me who would have played all those 80's games would have got alot them. Fun game! Gonna go dl a Sega emulator

Gotta be in it to win it.

My video game knowledge sucks.

Taker thanks for the contest. Had I known any I would have guessed...:(

Maybe next year i'll do a quiz about makeup or something. ;)

Maybe next year i'll do a quiz about makeup or something. ;)

I don't wear makeup, sorry. :p

I play/know many games, just none of the ones you listed. I like games such as Kings bounty (doubt many heard of that) Lufia, and the Wild Arms series. I've never been into the shooters, and the newer RPGs they just all seem the same now and there kinda lame.

I don't wear makeup, sorry. :p

I play/know many games, just none of the ones you listed. I like games such as Kings bounty (doubt many heard of that) Lufia, and the Wild Arms series. I've never been into the shooters, and the newer RPGs they just all seem the same now and there kinda lame.

theres a version of kings bounty on facebook

theres a version of kings bounty on facebook

Is it any good?

I have a problem with trying Apps, then blocking them. I've about 200+ blocked ones right now. :D

Okay I checked it out, that didn't take but 30 seconds to realize it's not the original Kings Bounty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjxvc-5xDLE

This was released YEARS ago via the Sega Genesis, which also has an awesome version of ShadowRun not as crappy as the nintendo version of the game.

Saw a mention of Dizzy, and I'm ECSTATIC that one of them is getting a release on Android. I only wish it was Fantastic Dizzy, the one I grew up playing. I may only be just turning 22, but I still played the hell out of that game when I was younger.

Archived