DOTM: December 2011 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

3. You may not nominate yourself

4. All nominations do not need to be seconded to make the voting round

5. All nominations must include a reason

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self and Phantom Stranger

9. You CAN nominate the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (FCW...The chance of FREEDOM by serotonin187)

10. You can NOT nominate World Championship Wrestling: Where The Big Boys Play (1995) by SHaynes23

11. You can NOT nominate SWF: Supreme by James Casey

12. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

13. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month (I liked the selection last month so lets keep the same again this month)

Nominations will be open until January 1st 2011 (12 pm Eastern)

W00t.

There are a few deserving ones at the moment but I'd like to nominate:

DotM:

Zergon’s FCW Freedom to crash

Consistently entertaining and a great view into what booking at this level is about. The show I get most excited about when it goes up

Rookie:

Purple Cowboy’s PWCandle: USPW

This isnt meant to be a did at you Angel - but PC's approach and format makes USPW interesting again. Your own stuff is well written but I need something different to make me read USPW as its all been done so many times before. PC has made Enygma vs Bruce (with Tyson Baine interference) fun again.

Apologies ot all the others who deserve a mention. Ill be sure to tell you nice things in your thread!

First time I've had a chance to read enough diaries to do this properly in a while! I'd like to nominate Eisen-verse's WAR on the Vegas Strip for Cverse. Ridiculously detailed and there is a real sense that E-V is writing with a passion again. Awesome stuff.

Assuming it qualifies, I'd like to nominate angeldelayette's USPW: The Goal for rookie (I'll leave the URL to you this time! :D). Not as detailed as WAR, which I think in this diary is a good thing but the quality of writing is just as high. And again, I think The Goal sees a writer going back to something he believes in, and the result is a very enjoyable experience.

I'd like to nominate Tigerkinney's BHOTWG project. Admittedly, I don't get to comment in it much if at all because I fall behind quite a bit, but I skipped ahead to be somewhat current again and it's as good as it's ever been, which is saying a lot for a diary of this length.

Not to mention, TK has a style that's his own and this particular diary is one of the pillars of the forum community. That has to count for something.

:)

The list should be updated as of right now. Now, onto a few comments and explanations.

W00t.Rookie:

This isnt meant to be a did at you Angel - but PC's approach and format makes USPW interesting again. Your own stuff is well written but I need something different to make me read USPW as its all been done so many times before. PC has made Enygma vs Bruce (with Tyson Baine interference) fun again.

Apologies ot all the others who deserve a mention. Ill be sure to tell you nice things in your thread!

I don't take it as a dig, Boltinho. I take it as more of a challenge to make things even more fun within my diary. To give people a reason to give my take on USPW another chance. Though I understand the reservations.

And you have one more diary that you can nominate, as well. You have a total of 3 that can be spread out between the 3 categories. Only one of them has to be a Rookie nod and since you have your Rookie nomination, it can be in any category.

First time I've had a chance to read enough diaries to do this properly in a while! I'd like to nominate Eisen-verse's WAR on the Vegas Strip for Cverse. Ridiculously detailed and there is a real sense that E-V is writing with a passion again. Awesome stuff.

Assuming it qualifies, I'd like to nominate angeldelayette's USPW: The Goal for rookie (I'll leave the URL to you this time! :D). Not as detailed as WAR, which I think in this diary is a good thing but the quality of writing is just as high. And again, I think The Goal sees a writer going back to something he believes in, and the result is a very enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately, E-V's amazing WAR dynasty does not yet qualify, I believe. He only has 6 shows, if I am not mistaken, and he needs 8 to qualify for the DOTM. With any hope, he will have 2 shows posted next month and qualify for next month's DOTM poll. If I am wrong on the number of shows he has, though, please let me know.

And thank you for the Rookie nod, jhd1! It is always amazing to see any of my diaries up for any of the DOTM polls. And, yes, I still qualify for Rookie as I have not become a member of the Hall of Fame as of yet. Unfortunately, we did not have a Hall of Fame drawing this year and it seems we will not have a Diary of the Year contest either.

Unfortunately, E-V's amazing WAR dynasty does not yet qualify, I believe. He only has 6 shows, if I am not mistaken, and he needs 8 to qualify for the DOTM. With any hope, he will have 2 shows posted next month and qualify for next month's DOTM poll. If I am wrong on the number of shows he has, though, please let me know.

And thank you for the Rookie nod, jhd1! It is always amazing to see any of my diaries up for any of the DOTM polls. And, yes, I still qualify for Rookie as I have not become a member of the Hall of Fame as of yet. Unfortunately, we did not have a Hall of Fame drawing this year and it seems we will not have a Diary of the Year contest either.

Thank you, jhd1 for the nomination. Sadly, as Angel states, I only have 7 shows up thus far. I am currently working, and writing, on my 8th show but I doubt if it were to make it up before the end of the month. That said, thank you for such a nod, my friend. WAR has truly been a labor of love for me thus far and I do really feel as though that passion is certainly radiating.

W00t.

Rookie:

Thanks so much for the nomination, much appreciated. :)

It's a style I'm really enjoy doing. When previously I tried more traditional approaches I found that after a while it felt too much like work. This one is fun for me to write and hopefully that comes through. And even though there's a repeating regular framework, I can be creative with the various Candle writers and their POVs. Thanks again!

Well I am not really that big into DOTM because it seems the same people win or are nominated over and over again (I mean come on, the fact that Codey's MAW diary never won is a crime). However, right now the real world is looking barren so I shall nominate two Real World Diaries:

The Final Countdown's Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)

and

Michgcs' WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

As for my reasons, well they are both good I guess that would be reason enough. Yes I realize I just nominated two diaries that get nominated every month but que sera sera.:D

As for my Rookie Nomination I shall go with:

ThriceP86's WLW: The Impossible Tale of Jeremy Reed.

I hardly ever look at any Japanese based diaries because that region of the world does not hold my interest. However, ThriceP does a good job at making me interested in Japan.

Big thanks for Boltinho and TakerNGN74 for nomination.

I like to nominate Boltinho´s 21st Century Boys (English c-verse) http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510970 and Jingo´s

RAW: Children of the Revolution! http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509664. Both are great diaries from lesser used promotions that don´t usually get much attention from diary writers.

Okay, okay one last nomination... I use my second slot for serotonin187's FCW...The chance of FREEDOM for other slot, no RW nomination for me. I think he deserves a shot for putting on a good showing.

Can't think of a rookie nomination...

He needs 1 more show to make the 8 show minimum for C-Verse DOTM.

Archived