jhdVerse: Become A Star

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, not been feeling too well this week so I'm a little behind. Well, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for voting. We managed to beat the 'record' for number of votes - there were 45 this week! Actually there were a few more but I had to delete them for one reason or another - one even ranked Prophet and Derek as 1 and Johnny and Iago as 2. Clearly my simple to understand instructions weren't :D

Secondly I'd like to thank all the Become A Star participants for their hard work. But I guess none of the final four want to read this, so I'll get on with the results. Remember, fewest points means you won, not the most.

With 125 points, the fourth placed Become A Star Contestant is...

Derek Grace!

Well done for making it this far Derek!

With 122 points, the third placed Become A Star contestant is...

Christian Prophet!

Again, good job with this one.

Which leaves our two finalists. In second place with 103 points - PWI say hello to your newest star - it's Iago de Brun!

And to confirm, our overall winner, with 100 points exactly is the AWF's newest star, Johnny Hollywood!

Both Iago de Brun and Johnny Hollywood will begin the jhdVerse with a 12 month contract with PWI and the AWF respectively. Both will also begin the game with B momentum to represent the hype their debut will have received.

Thanks again, and congratulations! :D

I have a readily prepared statement from Johnny, he'd love to be here but he's currently shooting with Christian Bale so...

"Honestly, I'm truly honoured that you have picked me as your number one, that I am the guy who beat all the others for this award.

It was deserved, since starting up on my indy routes, I have shown flair and determination that could not be beaten by anyone in the industry.

Today is truly the first step to the rest of your lives, as you get to witness me blossom into the champion I so readily deserve to be.

I want to say thankyou to all my other competitors for being as nearly great as they could be, giving me some opposition before my eventual win.

Remember guys and gals,

There's no brighter spotlight, than the one on Johnny Hollywood.

That's a wrap.

outside of JHD-Verse land, I really, really want to say thankyou to everyone that voted for me, to actually get first place out of everyone who entered. I really can't take full credit, thankyou to the massive discussion on what character I should be if I ever wrestle, in the dog pound last year. It gave me the idea of Johnny Hollywood, I ran with it and made it my own. I do hope to one day step into a ring to show off a 30lbs lighter, tattooed, bearded version of him, but just as in your face as it could be. Between the guys on this board, with enough available wrestlers, we could have by far the greatest gimmicked promotion in the UK by far but thats another story.

Truly, thankyou. I was against 3 of the best, Iago was superb for me and thoroughly deserved his place, Prophet is an amazing character, who will be getting used in the most hardcore fed I can find on the JHD-Verse for sure, Derek Grace proved that with the right writer any character can go from being in the pack to smashing the hell out of the glass ceiling.

Genuinly I am pretty pleased right now. Hard work payed off and it is great for people to say Hollywood was their favourite.

Ahh! Thankyou.

^^^

Someone needs to tell Johnny that's how you do a speech :)

Congrats guys, Hollywood was one of my favorites the whole time.

Maybe him and Prophet can Team up in AWF as The Hollywood Horror Show?

:D

Thanks jhd1 for this awesome contest it was alot of fun.

Can't wait for the release of the mod.

Perhaps he could join Kris Bryant and Mike Santorelli in the A List (one comedy guy, one action, one horror and 'The Director Of Destruction' Johnny Hollwood)

Also, I did forget him, but thanks to JHD, who has got me so pumped for this data now and for running such a kick ass project.

I can't wait to start up this mod now. I've been playing TEW since 2005 and have posted maybe 20 things on the forum until this came out. Thanks for thinking of it and getting me to post a bit and not feel like such an outsider!

The Celt and SWF Fan, congrats! Your characters were by and large the two most interesting and fun to read. Well deserved wins, both of ya!

A big congrats (and thanks) to all the people who entered characters, and who provided me with so much entertainment throughout the contest. I think the final results show how close the competition was.

Moreover, thanks to jhd for a truely inspired idea.

Congratulations to the winners. I knew you could do it! I was behind you all the way! I never doubted you for a second! :cool:

In all seriousness, I think the winners are absolutely deserving. But again, well done to everyone involved.

Also, hope you're feeling better, jhd. <strike>Release the mod soon.</strike> Get well soon.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Become%20A%20Star/IagodeBrun.jpg

I would just like to one person: One person who always believe in me, who never gave up or backed down to the pressure. A true lion of man, embodying the unconquerable human spirit, who helped me shake off all the nay-sayers.

I am, of course, speaking about myself: The one person I can relay on to do the right thing.

I hope you're ready PWI, because change is coming...your prince in shining armour is tilting his lance and about to strike into the dragon's heart.

Iago de Brun is coming to answer the call of the thousands crying out for a righteous man.

I can't wait

Ha ha

Ha hahaaha

Hhahahahahaa

OOC:

http://assets1.wordansassets.com/wordansfiles/images/2012/2/6/123666/123666_340.jpg?1328555743

Archived