Official UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

Adam Ryland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fanboy in me has caused me to make the right push kick my finisher of choice. Sick KOs with it. Also, the ducking left hook and straight right are great finishers for me, too.

To get out of submissions you rotate the right analogue stick away from the computer's marker and keep doing this until the hold is released.

In other news, my first online fight, made my opponent quit in the first round.

I sent the fella a message asking the guy why he quit as it was a good fight. He responded, "I don't really know.........." Fantastic....................

To get out of submissions you rotate the right analogue stick away from the computer's marker and keep doing this until the hold is released.

In other news, my first online fight, made my opponent quit in the first round.

I sent the fella a message asking the guy why he quit as it was a good fight. He responded, "I don't really know.........." Fantastic....................

Thanks, much easier than the past UFC games,

11-0 in career Chris Flynn won KO of the year once and this year i have N01 & N02 for this year as well as possible Fight of the Year against Ben Henderson

Really enjoying the game. Currently playing some of my first 'proper' career. First experience with career was a mess around taking Bob Sapp to the top of the heavyweight division on Experienced difficulty, but as soon as I won the belt (19-0) I decided to jump into a harder career (advanced) as a created fighter.

Max 'Machine Gun' Walker is in the Bantamweight division and just made his UFC debut, in the main event of UFN 36, tapping out Charlie Valencia with his newly patented Standing Guillotine from the Muay Thai Clinch, which immediately post fight took submission of the year honours. The victory took him to 16-0, mainly because I stook around beating the weaker WFA opponents before making the jump. Going up against Chris Cariaso next, again because he is the easiest option :o.

Pretty easy career so far, due to me finding advanced a bit too easy (but the next level up too hard), which first consisted off killing people with knees from the Muay Thai Clinch, and then evolved to knees followed by a submission to finish the fight. Still not looking forward to fights against the likes of Faber or Cruz though.

Edit - Just made Cariaso tap out with an armbar with 2 seconds left of the first round. Despite the early win he proved to be a unique opponent due to the fact he managed to control where we moved when I had him in the Muay Thai clinch (so I couldn't get him against the cage :(). Next fights against Renan Barao, but leaving the fight until tomorrow now (need to watch FA cup highlights :p).

Has anyone been playing the Ultimate Fight mode yet? I've downloaded the Submission/Rivals pack & i've gotten 100% in most of them, However during the Silva vs. Sonnen one.. you have to spend the remainder of the 4th round on your back (1 min) but Sonnen hardly ever shoots for a takedown nor passes guard, so i pull guard but then i get stood up even when were both active, very annoying!

Edit: figured it out!

Off-topic, i've also had several occassions where i have been stood up from mount which is just ridiculous, hope they fix it but i doubt it.

Got the game on the first day and played around with it a bit, most of the time career mode. I'm debuting in the UFL atm with a 12-1 record on the 3rd difficulty setting. Some matches are definately challenging which makes for an awesome feeling, especially those debut matches. Along with the new positions it's kind of awesome to play and it feels more like a new FIFA due to the addition of the PRIDE rules and set.

Excellent game, really enjoying this. My only major beef at the minute is the amount of quitters online. So, with that in mind I'm thinking about starting a GDS fight camp. Any interest? That'll give the guys on here a chance to practice against each other in non-ranked exhibitions, as well as improve the camps standing in ranked fights. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it could be fun. Plus I tend to find I fight differently online to offline and I struggle to improve fighting the AI.

Yeah so if you're interested, stick your gamertag (I'm on 360) in a post in here and I'll add you, hopefully at some point today.

EDIT - Oh yeah, camps have a maximum of 16 members I think, so it's first come first served on the next 15 invites.

Excellent game, really enjoying this. My only major beef at the minute is the amount of quitters online. So, with that in mind I'm thinking about starting a GDS fight camp. Any interest? That'll give the guys on here a chance to practice against each other in non-ranked exhibitions, as well as improve the camps standing in ranked fights. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it could be fun. Plus I tend to find I fight differently online to offline and I struggle to improve fighting the AI.

Yeah so if you're interested, stick your gamertag (I'm on 360) in a post in here and I'll add you, hopefully at some point today.

EDIT - Oh yeah, camps have a maximum of 16 members I think, so it's first come first served on the next 15 invites.

I have only had one person quit on me thus far online.

(7-0) 2 subs, 3 TKOs, 1 KO and 1 Decision.

I do have to admit that the decision I won was very, very tight albeit unanimous in my favour. I was Hendo against Belfort. First round he was counter striking me pretty well until I caught him flush and dropped him with a looping right. The pounding that followed was halted by the end of the first round (I think dropping him in this round won me the fight).

Second round he pretty much tooled me.

Third round I decided to put him on the ground over and over again, delivering a few punches whilst he was there. 29-28 decisions all around. :)

Too many rage quitters and spammers online. I hate people complaining about exploiting aspects of the game. You can't control another gamer's behavior. But I'll probably never play online again with the way it's going.

I don't do the ranked matches as that is where the tools usually reside. Player matches are fine with me.

Okay if anyone's interested in the camp, I'm having massive trouble setting it up thanks to THQ's struggling servers. I literally can't get past entering the camp name (thinking of going with just Grey Dog MMA) before a disconnect. That said, I'm also struggling to get an online match so no telling how long it's going to take.

I'll post an update when I've tried tomorrow, and send out any invites to people who want in.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on this after a horrible two weeks of waiting until payday!

Tyler 'The General' Rossi (thanks, THQ for keeping the 'random' option when creating fighters), a BJJ-based fighter is 4-0 in the WFA, with 3 subs and a brutal KO to his name.

Loving the game so far, although I'm finding it a little too easy to just time a counter takedown and then pound on them in top control until I can lock on a sub. In fairness, though, I've only had a handful of fights against the very lowest-ranked fighters and it's only on Experienced difficulty (which the game recommended).

I finished my career mode last night, 42-6. Won the featherweight title and defended it before losing to my tiequan zang, who KO'd me before. Last fight was a KO of the night against eric koch in our third and final fight. Hall of fame inductee, 2-0 in pride, 15-0 in WFA, 25-6 in UFC.

Archived