New Game??

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically Adam takes anywhere from a few weeks to few months downtime between projects. Only he knows when he's ready to announce the next release, and he won't do it until he has his ducks in a row and a plan he can execute on. This, by the way, is something I genuinely admire about Adam, he has remarkable discipline as a developer to promise exactly what he delivers and stick to the timelines he lays out.

I'm more than willing to be patient.

Unless there are vast improvements to the TEW series I'd hope he'd put that off. If he found a way to make story lines more engaging and to speed up the game so that a year in game didn't feel like a year in the real world than I'd welcome a new game. I think more randomness would be better than requiring user micromanaging of everything.

Personally if he is gong to come out with a sequel I say it should be WMMA4. Besides it being my favorite series, I can see easy improvement that could make the game so much more engaging and a better experience.

I agree that a new installment of TEW, for me, would be the best option. I feel that this fantastic game has so much room to grow into an even better game. If this game was as complete as you pointed out, then why are there so many suggestions for improvements on this forum.

I know it is a matter of preference, but I really don't get WMMA. Mainly because I am not really an MMA fan, but also because I found the game a bit dry.

I think with TEW being Adam's biggest seller - I presume - and the lack of activity on the forums recently with regards to this brand, I feel that the next game needs to TEW 2013, in order for Adam to make the money to be able to branch out into newer products and produce WMMA4 further down the line.

Plus, I think that WMMA3 is newer than TEW2010, so it's about time us wrestling marks were treated to a new game.

:-)

Typically Adam takes anywhere from a few weeks to few months downtime between projects. Only he knows when he's ready to announce the next release, and he won't do it until he has his ducks in a row and a plan he can execute on. This, by the way, is something I genuinely admire about Adam, he has remarkable discipline as a developer to promise exactly what he delivers and stick to the timelines he lays out.

I'm more than willing to be patient.

All of this. Whatever he puts out I'll likely at least give it a look, and even if it doesn't hold my interest I'll look into just to see what he did where with what.

I know it is a matter of preference, but I really don't get WMMA. Mainly because I am not really an MMA fan, but also because I found the game a bit dry.

There you go, admitting WMMA has the biggest improvements in the closet. :p Personally I don't care which one he's working on right now (and he's working on something I think. Thought we tweeted that recently).

I also wouldn't mind if it was CBH as I have yet to play the full game as I found the demo a little 'dry' as well. But as I loved the hell out of WMMA the last few years I'd obviously opt for that. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe he's found a formula to make WS3 development interesting again. :D

I never was into comic books or super heroes or anything fantasy like that so I didn't even try to demo out for CBH but TEW I gave a shot and I just wasn't into it but I totally understand how someone could be. On the other hand, WMMA I love. I think it has lots of room to improve and I think we'll see not only a WMMA4 (hopefuly with multiplayer or something of the sort) but eventually we'll see a WMMA5. The reason I think this is because of the ever evolving popularity of MMA as a sport and UFC as a brand and people, especially young adult males love videos games. If more people knew about WMMA and understood the games concept I really think it would have the potential to be more popular than TEW ever was.

I'd imagine he'll announce something soon. The thing is, though, I'm not so sure it'll be a new TEW game. There's not really anything left to do with TEW, honestly. It's about as perfect as it could be. The only thing I can think of that I'd want added is an NWA-style territory system. (And then someone could create a ridiculously awesome 1960's/1970's mod.) There's a few UI tweaks I'd like (like being able to hit a button and see all the angles that match the next step in a specific storyline. I hate searching for them, especially when it turns out there's no existing angle that matches and you need to create your own), but otherwise I can't think of anything else I'd want in TEW.

I'd rather him start working on WMMA4. While WMMA3 is amazing, there's still a lot of undeveloped potential there. I'd even be good with him deciding to start another brand new series. Boxing would be incredible, but I know Adam has already said he doesn't have the knowledge to create a boxing sim that'd be to his standards.

Whatever he decides to go with, I'm likely to be anxiously waiting for it.

Each of the developers have a game that is in various stages of development. As we get closer, we will make announcements. No point in getting people all excited when the game is still a while away. :)

Awesome news. I think i speak for everyone when i say that we all look forward for those games.

Each of the developers have a game that is in various stages of development. As we get closer, we will make announcements. No point in getting people all excited when the game is still a while away. :)

who are all the developers, thought their was only two.

Brian, Adam and myself.

I smell a new basket and football games and a new TEW. Might be wrong, but i will await until the announce dates for the confirmation. I'm sure GDS will continue it's great work in text sims.

Edit: A member of the forum asked me to remind Arlie to check his email, as there is a problem with his account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd imagine he'll announce something soon. The thing is, though, I'm not so sure it'll be a new TEW game. There's not really anything left to do with TEW, honestly. It's about as perfect as it could be. The only thing I can think of that I'd want added is an NWA-style territory system. (And then someone could create a ridiculously awesome 1960's/1970's mod.) There's a few UI tweaks I'd like (like being able to hit a button and see all the angles that match the next step in a specific storyline. I hate searching for them, especially when it turns out there's no existing angle that matches and you need to create your own), but otherwise I can't think of anything else I'd want in TEW.

I'd rather him start working on WMMA4. While WMMA3 is amazing, there's still a lot of undeveloped potential there. I'd even be good with him deciding to start another brand new series. Boxing would be incredible, but I know Adam has already said he doesn't have the knowledge to create a boxing sim that'd be to his standards.

Whatever he decides to go with, I'm likely to be anxiously waiting for it.

TEW '10 is NOT perfect. Not by a long shot.

With the new basketball game announced, I'd assume that Greydog would release only one game at a time and therefore any other game announcement would be at the very least some months away, correct?

I don't think that will matter. The games clearly have a different audience.

Eager to see what the new 'mystery game' from Adam will be, but I guess we'll have an announcement in a month, maybe. As for meaningless speculation: perhaps we'll see WS3 emerge again, but with a different focus. I'm quite eager as it seems possible it will not be a sequel.

As for TEW being 'perfect': That's a strong word. There are very few games that exist that deserve that title, 'Perfect' Dark may be one of them. :D

I'd be fine with anything except Wrestling Spirit or Comic Book Hero... Both WMMA and TEW could use new versions, but I can't see that happening. More likely they're going to go hard on the stick-and-ball sports and push off a TEW for 2013, WMMA for 2014. That's just my guess though.

Archived