SWF: Generation Supreme

Joey Minnesota... in the SWF... with an intriuging character (making assumption there, but a safe one)... that's drool-worthy...

He's one of those guys, along with Peak, who seems to end up in the SWF so rarely in diaries so it would be damned cool to see...

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey Minnesota is the obvious choice and my pick but the dark horse here is really Sammy Bach. Mostly because his character would be such a new dimension to you story. (Reasonable feuds against John Greed, Edd Stone, Jack Bruce, Troy Tornado, pretty much everybody...)

Sammy would be an intriguing character to write so soon after his time with Darkwave in AQR. Even if he never truly cracked the main event, he was always close to the spotlight and would have been my Rocky Maivia nominee... except PS also did a good job with Freddie Huggins, who I uniformly loathe, so...

Sammy might make an interesting addition to Nemesis' clique, or he might be the man to revive the Heart of Darkness... Or he could be the guy who swoops in and steals Emma Chase's heart, either as part of the Inner Circle or as the dashing foil to their dastardly deeds.

Hmm... Khoklov as Fezzik, Eric as Vizzini, Swoop as Inigo*, Brandon as Humperdink, Sammy as the Man in Black... But Emma's more Count Rugen than Buttercup, alas. Still, Sammy as Errol Flynn?

Joey Minnesota... in the SWF... with an intriuging character (making assumption there, but a safe one)... that's drool-worthy...

He's one of those guys, along with Peak, who seems to end up in the SWF so rarely in diaries so it would be damned cool to see...

Agreed. If it were to be Minnesota, then I might be looking at Bryan Danielson for promo ideas. Mr Perfect too, come to that.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JamesHernandez.jpg

Supreme TV Preview

How am I feeling? There’s a question for you. Five nights ago I was told I had a match with Brandon James – almost certainly a World title match. Then it turns out that he
didn’t
get the World title, but he
did
get outplayed by Rich Money, and knocked out by Marat Khoklov. Now I hear that he’s angrier then he’s ever been, and he’s going to want to take it out on the next warm body in his way – mine.

How am I feeling? It cost Rich Money a million dollars to have Marat Khoklov jump Brandon James last week. I haven’t got that kind of money, but if I did I’m pretty sure I’d be willing to pay it to get out of this match in one piece tonight...

SWF Supreme TV

Triumphant Wolfsons © vs. The Machines – SWF World Tag Team titles

Edd Stone and John Maverick vs. Spencer Spade and Steven Parker

Grace Harper vs. Cherry Bomb © – SWF Vixxens title

James Hernandez vs. Brandon James

Jake Marlowe vs. Jay Chord

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Matt Gauge © – SWF Shooting Star title

Jack Bruce vs. Runaway Train

Sean McFly and Joey DeColt vs. Steve Frehley and Troy Tornado

* "G'day. My name is Swoop McCarthy. You killed my father. Prepare to be deported back to England, ya Pom..."

Not on Free TV...

Spade is the former title holder, and seems primed for bigger things.

Also not on Free TV. Maybe a draw.

So he looks good before his Call of Destiny match.

The number one Supreme Generation guy. Jack Marlowe is gonna be #2 of the roster cuts after this match.

Not on Free TV.

Bruce doesn't seem to have a big role now, but Runaway Train is slowly coming to a stop/

Heel challengers to the Face Title. Plus, I haven't forgotten the Succession connection.

Or he could be the guy who swoops in and steals Emma Chase's heart, either as part of the Inner Circle or as the dashing foil to their dastardly deeds.

I've been waiting for this storyline. It's very Sports Entertainment-ish but also has so much potential because of the depth of the Inner Circle.

Would also like to see how you handle Joey Minnesota. I had him in an SWF game a while ago and he started well, was rising nicely... but then was a jerk backstage so got stuck with my ultra-patriotic midcard stable American Made and rotted there for a loooong time helping develop Captain Atomic, American Machine and Masked Patriot, and in doing so managed to grow on me enough that he got another chance.

I don´t see Wolfsons loosing the tag titles outside of PPV and definitely not without any build-up before so they retain.

Normally I would likely go with Maverick and Edd but I just don´t see Maverick being able to co-exist with Edd.

Nope, change won´t happen in TV right after PPV.

Sorry James, you are in trouble.

I wouldn´t be surprised if Marlowe is one of those ten that will get their walking papers so Chord picks up the win.

Tough one but I still go with "no change in TV show right after PPV" policy.

Not much chance for Train here and with Swoop seemingly ready to leave Inner Circle I have to wonder if Train´s time in SWF is ending.

Tough one... actually I go with draw here.

Grace Harper vs. Cherry Bomb © – SWF Vixxens title <- Non-finish of some kind.

SWF Supreme TV

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Matt Gauge © – SWF Shooting Star title Draw

Jack Bruce vs. Runaway Train DQ

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF_Supreme.jpg

Supreme Wrestling Federation presents: Supreme TV

Tuesday, 16th<sup></sup> August 2011

Your announcers:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DuaneFry.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SaraSilver.jpg

Duane Fry – Sara Silver

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TomGilmore.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Jessie.jpg

Duane:
Here he is –
still
the World champion against all the odds.

Gilmore entered the ring, holding the ropes apart for Jessie to follow him. He waved to the fans on all four sides of the ring, before accepting a mic.

Gilmore:
I hope you’ll all understand, but I’m not booked to wrestle tonight. Last week took it out of me. As you’ve probably realised, I beat Rich Money in the Iron Man match at Welcome to the Jungle. That was as difficult a match as I’ve ever had, and I’m not interested in going out to try and top it. What I achieved last week, beating Rich Money, one of the best in the world...

He tailed off, and looked thoughtful.

Gilmore:
‘Best in the world... That’s what it came down to, ultimately. Rich believed it was him, and when I won I had people texting and tweeting it to me before I got back to the locker room. But... I don’t like that.

Gilmore:
Last week I beat Rich Money in an Iron Man match. It was a great contest, fought between two of the best wrestlers in the world.
The
best, though? I can’t claim that – no-one can. Rich doing that is one of the things that made me chase him – that and the bloody mess he left me in after our second match. What I have around my waist is the SWF World title. I can say without fear of contradiction that it’s the most prestigious title in the biggest company in the world. Holding this title is a dream for everyone who steps foot in a ring, anywhere in the world. It’s an honour to be your World champion, and I will honour the legacy of the great men who’ve come before me, and do my best to enhance the lustre of this title all the more. I will take on anyone who can prove to Mr Tyler that they deserve a title shot, and I will give them the fight of their life because I don’t intend to let go of this title easily... but I can’t claim that holding it makes be
the
best, the
undisputed
supreme wrestler in the world-

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RichMoney.jpg

Sara:
Oh boy...

Money:
Congratulations, Gilmore, but in case you hadn’t realised: The hard part starts now.

Money:
You spent months training to fight me, and it’s clear you have the edge... for now. If you don’t want to say it, I will: Last week, tonight, right now, and maybe for a long time to come, you
are
the best in the world.

Money:
But now you have a different opponent every night, and one slip, one misstep, and you’re an ex-champion... And nothing feels worse. I carried that title for eighteen months, and did so proudly. Without it, without the gleam of gold, I feel empty. It’s an addiction, one that leaves a gnawing hunger inside that can’t be addressed by anything other than having a title belt around your waist.

Money:
I can’t ask for another rematch. You beat me, cleanly and decisively. Even if I wasn’t blocked from going after the title while you still have it, I wouldn’t anyway. I meant what I said last week – you deserve the chance to show what you can do. In the meantime, I need some time to think, and to decide what I’m going to do next. So for the next few weeks, anyone who wants to find me won’t have to look very hard. I’ll be right over here.

He pointed at the announcers’ table. Setting down his mic he left the ring and pulled up a chair next to Sara Silver.

Duane:
Mr Money. Always a pleasure.

Money:
It is, Duane, it is. You and Sara can relax – I’ve got this.

In the ring, Gilmore stared at Money for a moment, before shrugging and holding the World title high over his head again, showing it to all four sides of the arena as the crowd erupted once more.

Money:
He’s the best there is – until someone better comes along...

Duane:
Let’s show you now a piece of video recorded earlier today.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MrEricTyler.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SpencerSpade.jpg

Backstage in Mr Tyler’s office, and the man in charge stared thoughtfully across his desk at the Supreme Star, Spencer Spade.

Mr Tyler:
Let me get this clear. Last Thursday night, live on pay-per-view, you got screwed over by Eric Eisen and the Inner Circle. The Chaos title you worked hard for, and defended well, is now in the hands of someone else. You got
screwed
. Now, I knew that would happen. I knew what Eisen was going to do. But no-one ever said that life was fair, and I was looking forward to seeing what you and Sam would come up with by way of getting revenge.

Spade:
Revenge is overrated.

Mr Tyler:
No, it’s not.

Spade:
Well, okay... But I’m not very interested in revenge. I’m here to develop as a wrestler, Mr Tyler, to be the best that I can be. I can bang my head against the brick wall that is the Inner Circle, or I can try something different.

Mr Tyler:
Going after the tag titles, in this case.

Spade:
Exactly.

Mr Tyler:
I’ll give you this, Spade. It’s an interesting concept you’ve come up with – you and a random partner, against two random opponents, to earn you and a
mystery
partner a title shot at Under Control. Except you want to be the one picking the partner, not the fans.

Spade:
They can pick the match stipulations. I don’t want
easy
matches, but I’m not James Hernandez. I’m not prepared to tackle impossible matches, not yet.

Mr Tyler:
I don’t think beating Brandon James is impossible.

Spade:
I’ve got a year’s experience, Mr Tyler. I have enough problems taking James Hernandez on.

Mr Tyler smiled.

Mr Tyler:
Respecting your opponents is good, Spade. Very good. But why do you think you’ve got what it takes to tackle the Wolfsons?

Spade:
If it
is
the Wolfsons – that’s not guaranteed.

Mr Tyler:
No, it’s not – your doing again, I see. A suggestion that, since
you’re
fighting every week, they should as well.

Spade:
That’s right.

Mr Tyler:
I can’t fault the logic. They’ll defend their titles on Supreme TV and Uprising every week, so long as you’re booked to fight as well.

Spade:
I will be. Tags on Supreme TV, singles on Uprising, all the experience I can get.

Mr Tyler:
Fine. And you want me to pick your partner and opponents?

Spade:
It can’t be fairer than that.

Mr Tyler:
That remains to be seen. Still, I asked for people who’d team with you, and people who wouldn’t. There were a lot more of the second group.

Spade shrugged.

Mr Tyler:
It’s interesting that you’re not relying on your Proving Ground buddies.

Spade:
I didn’t want there to be any accusation of bias.

Mr Tyler:
Hmmm...

Spade took out two bowls from a desk drawer. He pulled two slips of paper from one and looked at them.

Mr Tyler:
Edd Stone and John Maverick.

He pulled a third piece of paper from the other bowl.

Mr Tyler:
And your partner is Steven Parker. You’re up first tonight – go get ready.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Name.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EddStone.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JohnMaverick.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SpencerSpade.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/StevenParker.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SamSmall.jpg

Edd and Spade opened with a handshake, which drew a grim expression from John Maverick who seemed disinterested at best in the contest. His entry into the fray lasted only a few minutes before he tagged Edd back in. He made no real effort to help his partner as Edd was worked over by Spade and Parker, who in contrast worked well as a team, even showing some double-team moves to set Edd up for a Supreme Stunner to give Spade the win.

Duane:
Spade will face tougher opposition – but that’s a point on the board.

Winners: Spade and Parker (B+, 1pt)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaChase.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SwoopMcCarthy.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EricEisen.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MaratKhoklov.jpg

Backstage, in the Inner Circle locker room, Brandon James sat in a chair, chin in hand, glaring a hole in the wall. Around him, the other members of the group walked as though on eggshells. The two Chaos title belts were clasped around Marat Khoklov’s neck like a gold scarf. Eric Eisen stared at Runaway Train and Swoop McCarthy, one eyebrow raised.

Eric:
What happened last Thursday?

McCarthy:
We were going to win clean, but someone insisted on playing dirty.

The two men glared at one another.

Eric:
Shape up, Swoop. The Chaos titles are a start, but we need more gold to support our lifestyle. Without it, it’s time to think about trimming the fat.

McCarthy:
Yeah, I get you. You go ahead and tell Mr Tyler to book me in whatever matches are going. There’ll be gold around my waist soon enough, you wait and see.

Eric:
We’re getting tired of waiting, Swoop. Just a word to the wise.

McCarthy:
Yeah? Who’s giving the pep-talk to Big Cat?

Eric looked quickly around at Brandon James, before turning back to Swoop. He spoke quietly.

Eric:
If you want to take your life in your hands, you go right ahead and do that. Maybe you want to talk to Marat about split loyalties, too?

Swoop glanced at Khoklov, who smiled toothily at him.

McCarthy:
No... No, I don’t think I do.

Eric:
No, I wouldn’t either. Khoklov brought in five hundred thousand dollars last week. That buys a lot of tolerance. The loser’s share of the purse doesn’t, understood?

Swoop drew himself up to his full height. He stared down at Eisen. His words were clipped, spat out rather than spoken.

McCarthy:
Yeah, understood.

Eric:
Good. Now watch Big
Money
go out and earn us another win bonus.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JoanneSmall.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JamesHernandez.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaSmall.jpg

With Joanne Rodriguez in his corner James Hernandez almost looked calm up until the bell rang. When it did, Hernandez sprang at his opponent in a bid to seize the advantage. Big Money simply snatched him out of the air, pulverising him with a huge powerslam. Hernandez fought hard, and on commentary Duane Fry noted that he lasted longer than expected, but the bigger man was on a seemingly unstoppable rampage as he tore through Hernandez. As Emma Chase lorded it over the contest in her team’s corner, Joanne Rodriguez could only watch on in horror as her boyfriend was bent nearly double – backwards – by the match-ending Big Money Move.

Sara:
No surprises, really, but a plucky showing from James Hernandez nevertheless.

Winner: Brandon James (B+)

Duane:
It’ll be interesting to see what the Inner Circle have lined up in the coming weeks. We may get an idea of that as we take you backstage now to hear from Mr Tyler.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MrEricTyler.jpg

Mr Tyler:
In twenty-three nights’ time we’ll be at Under Control – last year we had a new World champion, a new North American champion, a new Shooting Star champion, new tag champions... It seems like you knew what you were doing when you were in charge.

Mr Tyler:
It seems like a good idea to do it again, then.

Mr Tyler:
Over the coming weeks the wrestlers here in the SWF have been told to come up with ideas for you to vote on. Opponents, stipulations, maybe even whole matches will be up for your decision.

Mr Tyler:
For the most part, I’m leaving this in your hands, and the hands of the wrestlers. I trust you – you did a hell of a job last year. But I’m keeping one for myself: I’ll pick Tom Gilmore’s challengers, same as I did for the World title match last year. The rest of it will be yours, and I look forward to having a beer and watching what you come up with.

SWF Vixxens Title

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ZSWF_Vixxen.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/GraceHarper.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/CherryBomb.jpg

Grace Harper vs. Cherry Bomb ©

Harper opened strongly, hammering Bomb in the corner, apparently trying to get the win without letting Bomb get out of the starting blocks. Bomb retaliated with a hard shove that sent Harper tumbling backwards across the ring. Harper continued her assaults, but time and again Bomb was just able to straight-arm her, or otherwise power her way clear of the challenger’s attacks. Harper grew more and more frustrated, eventually missing a charge into the corner. Hitting the turnbuckles hard, Harper staggered backwards and into a Flameburst from Bomb to give the champion the win.

Duane:
A successful defence for the champion, but what now for the challenger?

Winner: Cherry Bomb (B-)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/GraceHarper.jpg

Sara:
Look at Harper – she can’t
believe
that she lost that match.

Money:
She tried hard, but Bomb had too much for her.

Sara:
Wait, what’s Cuthill doing?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MelodyCuthill.jpg

Melody Cuthill ran down the aisle and climbed into the ring, mic in hand.

Cuthill:
You’re beatable. I never actually believed it... but now I’ve seen up close that it
can
be done...

Cuthill:
I want another match with you, Grace. I’ve worked hard under Bomb, and I’ve come a long way. I think I can beat you.... No, I
know
I can beat you now.

Harper was staring into the distance, seemingly not even aware of Cuthill... until she jumped up and snatched the mic from her hands.

Harper:
You’re on! This was... a fluke! A one-off! If I can’t beat a nobody like you, Cuthill, I might as well just quit. You’ve got two weeks to get yourself ready, then I break you, and get back after your buddy Bomb as well!

Part 2 tomorrow. Bedtime now...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JohnGreed.jpg

John Greed walked down the aisle, mic in hand and a thoughtful expression on his face. He climbed into the ring.

Greed:
For many months I have been pursuing the cleansing of this company. My final target was Jack Giedroyc – a man who I always knew was black of heart. Twice now we’ve faced one another, and twice there’s been no decisive outcome. At Under Control that
must
change. I-

Before he could continue...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Nemesis.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackGiedroyc1.jpg

Nemesis:
Decisive finishes are a specialty of mine. Decisive, brutal finishes. Why don’t we each suggest a match, and let the good people decide on the way forward?

He smiled broadly. Greed looked at him curiously.

Greed:
Why not? Let the people decide... Yes. Make this something that everyone has a role in. Let them know that vanquishing evil can be a collaborative effort... Very well, Nemesis. I nominate an I Quit match.

Giedroyc took the mic.

Giedroyc:
Not the smartest choice. Those words are ones I will
never
say. Let’s make sure that this stays in the ring. No-one in, no-one out. Make it a cage match.

He passed the mic back to Nemesis, whose eyes seemed alight with an inner fire.

Nemesis:
Both of you burn with a passion for defeating the other. You need that so make it in this business. I want to see how strongly that burns, so I suggest that you fight in an
Inferno match

Duane:
What?

The crowd roared, and Nemesis’ smile widened still further. Giedroyc seemed unphased by the announcement. In the ring, Giedroyc’s jaw dropped.

Greed:
An Inferno match... Nemesis, you have to know that the board will not approve that.

Nemesis:
The people want the match, Greed. Will the board walk away from that?

Greed:
Maybe not... Very well. I accept, and look forward to finally being rid of you, Jack Giedroyc.

Giedroyc:
You can keep looking. Nemesis and I have far more experience of these kinds of matches. Whatever the choice, I look forward to beating you senseless.

Money:
Whatever the choice, it’s going to be violent...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JakeMarlowe.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JayChord.jpg

Marlowe had control for much of this match, showing his experience in shutting down the energetic Chord, despite the younger man’s clear speed advantage.

Sara:
Marlowe knows how to defend – whatever Chord throws at him, Marlowe has an answer. He’s not just about cartwheels and coconut headbutts.

Chord appeared to grow frustrated, but unlike Harper he didn’t let that distract him by too much. Instead he caught Marlowe with a borderline low blow and, as the referee checked on Marlowe, dug into his trunks to pull out a set of brass knuckles. On the referee’s blind side he landed an uppercut flush to Marlowe’s chin, before delivering a Super DDT for the pin.

Duane:
A win for Jay Chord – and you know that Chris Morrisette will have been watching after the two had words last Thursday.

Winner: Jay Chord (A)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JayChord.jpg

Chord smirked as he grabbed a mic.

Chord:
You wanted me to prove myself, Morrisette? There you go – your own partner, lying beaten at my feet. What more do you want?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChrisMorrisette.jpg

Duane:
Here we go...

Morrisette walked down the aisle and entered the ring. He glared at Chord.

Morrisette:
You don’t get it, do you Jay? Even if that had been a
clean
win, it wouldn’t make a difference. You’re a child – and a petulant, needy one at that. You have talent, I won’t dispute that, but it takes more than talent to be a success in this company. You need to have longevity, you need to prove over the course of months and years that you can be a top-line talent. So far, you haven’t stood out from the pack. You’re still learning, and just because you’ve taken to shortcuts to prove yourself, doesn’t make you worthy of a title shot.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SteveFlash.jpg

Duane:
Huh?

Flash:
What about someone who’s been everywhere, and seen everything? You can’t doubt my talent, Chris. And you know that
anyone
who takes me on has to fight every inch of the way to beat me. I might never get another chance to hold a title at this level. I’ve never asked for anything before in my career, but given what show is coming up, I’m asking for this.

Morrisette:
You think we should turn this into a vote, Steve? I’m not sure you have the popularity-

Flash:
I’ve been wrestling for nearly thirty years. People who know wrestling know me. And people who know wrestling seem to know all about the Internet. This could be it for me, Chris.

Morrisette:
Okay, I-

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/KCGlenn.jpg

Glenn:
If we’re throwing our names into the mix, I’d like to take a run as well.

Morrisette:
You think that you deserve a shot at my title?

Glenn:
I don’t cheat, like Jay does. And I’m not relying on sentiment, like Flash. My record means that I’m not in line for a shot at you, but this time of year is the one time that doesn’t matter. I’ve been in the main event of Supreme TV, and stolen the show, on several occasions. I’ve worked with Sam Keith to make myself better. I take on the toughest opponents I can to push myself to the limit – that’s the way the Proving Ground operates. Anyone who’s seen me knows that I can wrestle. Maybe at Under Control I can show that talent is enough to take the title – and hold on to it.

Morrisette:
Anyone else?

He waited for a few seconds, then shrugged.

Morrisette:
I can’t control who gets chosen, but I can control who’s in line for the choice. We’ll make it official: At Under Control, the fans can choose who gets a shot at the North American title – Jay Chord, Steve Flash, or KC Glenn.

The two men on the stage turned to leave, apparently satisfied. Chord was about to walk past Morrisette when the champion held up a hand to stop him.

Morrisette:
Just to say... I know who I
want
the fans to choose...

He let Jay pass, but watched him walk up the ramp as the referee checked on Marlowe, still lying on the mat.

SWF Shooting Star Title

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ZSWF_Shooting.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Name.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DavisWayneNewton.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MattGauge.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SamSmall.jpg

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Matt Gauge ©

The two men exchanged a handshake as the bell rang – and Gauge immediately snapped Newton into a headlock. The hold seemed to last barely a fraction of a second, though, before Newton countered into a back suplex – which Gauge rolled out of before Newton could drop backwards.

The two youngsters engaged in a blistering display of counter wrestling, both taking to the air at times and exchanging punches and kicks as well. The two seemed evenly matched, but where Newton seemed to be struggling to lock Gauge into an STF, Gauge was able to counter adroitly, rolling into the Proton Lock. Newton found himself trapped in the middle of the ring with no escape to hand, and no choice but to submit.

Duane:
What a match! We’ve seen members of Generation Supreme raise their games against the best the SWF have to offer – but tonight these two raised their game against one another.

Winner: Matt Gauge (A)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DavisWayneNewton.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MattGauge.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SamKeith.jpg

After the bell, Newton was helped to his feet by Gauge as Sam Keith entered the ring.

Keith:
That was... one hell of a match. Honestly, I look at the two of you and I see the future of this business, no kidding.

Keith:
It occurred to me the other day that I’ve never been in the ring with you. If I
am
to play any part in your training then that ought to change, if only so you can see up close that I do still have some tricks up my sleeve.

Keith:
Next week, you and one of your allies should meet me and one of my protégés in the ring. That way we can have a competitive encounter, and we can both assess how much there is to gain from working together.

Newton looked at Keith, his head cocked uncertainly to one side, before nodding his agreement.

Money:
I wondered if Sam Keith might back off, having lost to Sean McFly twice in a row. He still seems determined to have some say in Newton’s future, though.

Duane:
The Triple Threat is viewed by many as a real star of the future, so no wonder Sam Keith wants his name attached. After watching that last match, I don’t blame him!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/AnaGarcia.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RickLaw.jpg

Backstage, and Ana Garcia was trying to get Rick Law to stand still as he paced back and forth.

Ana:
Rick-

Law:
There has been an outbreak of lawlessness here in the SWF!

He stopped pacing and glared at Ana, who took a step backwards.

Law:
The Inner Circle and their continuous disregard for the rules of this company. Jay Chord, putting Liberty in the hospital through outright grievous bodily harm. William Hayes, attempting to blind almost everyone he comes in contact with...

Law:
I am one man, brought in by Mr Tyler to help keep order here, and I cannot be everywhere at once. But maybe I need to make an example of someone. Maybe I need to make clear that hard time
will
be brought on anyone who breaks the law. If I can’t be there in person to mete out instant justice, then they must know that transgressions are always dealt with through the full force of the law.

Law:
So soon I’ll put my name down for Under Control. I am employed by Mr Tyler, but I serve the people – and the people will decide where justice will be served.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Name.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackBruce.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaSmall.jpg

A wild, uncontained brawl, this match spilled onto the arena floor and even up the ramp as the referee tried to maintain control. Eventually Train shoved Bruce hard against the ringpost, driving the wind from him and seemingly knocking him silly. Train pressed Bruce over his head and hurled him over the top rope and into the ring. Bruce landed hard, and seemed to be in trouble, but as Train climbed through the ropes Bruce sprang to his feet and landed a New York Minute on the bigger man to score the sudden pinfall.

Sara:
Bruce scores a big win – and I’m sure the Inner Circle were watching closely!

Winner: Jack Bruce (B)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackBruce.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EricEisen.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SwoopMcCarthy.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MaratKhoklov.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaChase.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpg

Bruce had no chance to celebrate his win. Before his music could even begin to play the camera caught sight of Brandon James marching through the crowd – and after James came Eric Eisen, Marat Khoklov, and Swoop McCarthy, converging on the ring from the points of the compass as Bruce sought out a route to escape. He realised that the ramp was unguarded... until Emma Chase walked out onto the stage, a crowbar in her hands.

Sara:
Jack Bruce has gotten into the Inner Circle’s business several times now. I think they want to send a message...

Before the oncoming mob could launch their attack, however...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RickLaw.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TomGilmore.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/GregoryBlack.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JamesHernandez.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DavisWayneNewton.jpg

...Rick Law boiled out onto the stage. Batons drawn, he charged down the ramp and slid into the ring. Behind him came Tom Gilmore, Gregory Black, James Hernandez and Davis Wayne Newton, all blowing past Emma before she could do anything as they entered the ring and faced off with the Inner Circle.

Money:
This could be... interesting.

The Inner Circle quartet had reached the crowd barriers, but stopped as Brandon James held up a hand. Khoklov almost seemed to be straining at an invisible leash as he eyed up the massed forces in the ring, but the other three looked into the ring more warily, less eager for a confrontation that saw them outnumbered, even with Runaway Train stirring on the mat.

One by one they turned and walked away. Bruce picked up a mic.

Bruce:
Eric, you know I’ve always loved spoiling your parties. Keep trying to cramp my style, and I’ll just turn my music up louder, and point the speakers at your wall.

Law took the mic from him.

Law:
You have been warned – the way you’ve been acting has gone above and beyond what can be considered normal and acceptable, even in the SWF. Clean up your act, gentlemen, or you
will
feel the full weight of the law coming down on you.

Sara:
A declaration of intent from Jack Bruce and Rick Law – the two men seem to be developing a bond of respect lately.

Duane:
I wonder if William Hayes is listening?

Sara:
Who can say what he might or might not be doing? In fact, I haven’t seen him around for a while. That makes me nervous...

Duane:
Let’s go backstage, where Christian Faith and Ricky Dale Johnson want to address Generation Supreme.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChristianFaith.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RickyDaleJohnson.jpg

Faith:
Under Control... Last time this came around, I got shanghaied into a World title match.

Johnson:
You won. Don’t pretend that didn’t feel good.

Faith:
I won’t – but as much as I respect the SWF fans, I want to make it clear that I’m out of the running this year. These old bones have pretty much past the time for thinking about personal glory. Now I want to know that this company is in good hands come the future.

Faith:
So, Generation Supreme, you’ve come out and said that you want to make this time your own. Fine – I admire your bravery, and respect your honesty. I know as well that you’ve been talking about getting a win over me... That’s fine as well. At Under Control, you’’ll get your chance. But the way it’s going to be is this: Pick three, and let the fans decide who gets to go for... The Win.

Johnson:
And if you need help picking, come at me. I can give you an idea if you’re ready or not, ‘cos if you can’t beat me, then you ain’t ready to take on the Supreme Legend here.

Faith:
Maybe, maybe not. Anyone can have one great night – or one bad one. Still, I want to make you work for this. If you’re taking it seriously, then the least I can do is take it seriously as well. So you send your best for the fans to choose. I won’t know for certain who my opponent will be. That might give you an advantage, but I will still...

Crowd: ...have faith!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SeanMcFly.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JoeyDeColt.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SteveFrehley.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TroyTornado.jpg

From the bell, no-one held anything back. DeColt was nearly knocked out of his boots as Frehley tried for a Shatter Kick, but McFly shoved him out of the way.

With neither team especially used to working together, this was largely a contest between four individuals. However, DeColt and McFly seemed the more cohesive duo throughout as they were quick to back one another up. In contrast, Frehley and Tornado never quite seemed to have the same level of teamwork, and Frehley was slow to respond when DeColt caught Tornado in the End of Days. When he did enter the ring, McFly was already onrushing to sandwich him against the turnbuckles, making the save as Tornado tapped.

Winners: McFly and DeColt (A)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SteveFrehley.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TroyTornado.jpg

As McFly and DeColt left, Frehley and Tornado glared at one another, the tension between the losing duo palpable.

Duane:
You have to think both men would have been in Mr Tyler’s thoughts for a World title chance... Whether that’s still the case, well, I wouldn’t put money on it...

Backstage, and a cameraman was moving quickly to try and locate the source of a crashing noise audible nearby, interspersed with bellows of rage. Swiftly the cameraman closed in on the Inner Circle locker room.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EricEisen.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SwoopMcCarthy.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MaratKhoklov.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaChase.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpg

Eric Eisen was stamping around the room, an upended table and scattered fruit basket suggesting that he was in the middle of a fierce temper.

Eric:
Law and Bruce, trying to tell me – tell
us!
– what we can and can’t do? The Inner Circle doesn’t listen to that sort of sh--!

He stopped, and spun on the ball of one foot to fix Swoop with a glare.

Eric:
This is what comes from showing weakness, McCarthy.
James Hernandez
still thinks he can stand up to us!

James:
Obviously I didn’t hit him hard enough.

Eric:
And you!

Eisen spun around again, and waved a finger in James’ face. He stopped as James’ hand snapped out and closed around the offending digit.

James:
Take a deep breath, Eric.
Think
before you speak. Your weakness has ever been a tendency to act in an importunate fashion. You would have us go to war because Jack Bruce has
allies
?

Eisen seemed ready to attack James... but Big Money held up his other hand.

James:
If so, the idea is not without a certain degree of merit. But we need to
plan
, Eric. We need a campaign of war. And...

He turned his head to look directly at the camera.

James:
Marat?

One meaty hand appeared from off-screen and closed over the camera lens. The cameraman let out a startled yelp as Khoklov shoved him backwards. As he crashed into the wall opposite the locker room, the falling camera caught the door closing.

Sara:
I guess we don’t get to find out what the campaign is.

Money:
Not yet... but even the most subtle plans put together by that group is likely to have violent consequences. Anyone who defied them tonight... Well, anyone from outside the Inner Circle needs to watch out. This bares further consideration...

SWF World Tag Team Titles

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ZSWF_Tag.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ZSWF_Tag.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Name.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RandyWolfson.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ZimmyWolfson.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrentHill.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JohnAnderson.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/HannahSmall.jpg

The Triumphant Wolfsons © vs. The Machines

Unlike the preceding contest this was a match between two well-oiled teams. The champions had the clear speed advantage, but Brent Hill and John Anderson out-muscled the Wolfsons... individually. The trick for the Machines came in trying to use their strength, because the Wolfsons were quick to use their five seconds of double-team work to its fullest extent, tagging in and out so fast that it almost became hard to tell which brother was which – and certainly which brother was legal.

Certainly that issue seemed to throw Hill, who was working over Zimmy in one corner of the ring as Randy dropped Anderson with a jawbreaker. The younger Wolfson charged across the ring and delivered a backcracker to Hill, before lifting him up for Zimmy to deliver the...

Sara:
Wolfson! Tandem! Finale!

Duane:
The champions retain – and what a match!

Money:
If Spencer Spade is watching he’s got a taste for how difficult his task is. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a display of teamwork as fluid and instinctive as that.

Winners: The Triumphant Wolfsons (A)

Duane:
Folks, that’s us for this week. As we head towards Under Control, be sure to keep an eye on swf.com for updates on the matches. We’ve already got some intriguing proposals, and we can expect to see more to come in the near future. We’re turning control over to you, and we know you’re going to do a great job. We can’t wait!

Overall: B+ (12.07 on WGN America)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF.jpg

OOC: Only eight matches? What is this, Sports Entertainment or something?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF_Uprising.jpg

Supreme Wrestling Federation presents: Uprising

Thursday, 17th August 2011

The night opened with the tag titles on the line, as long-time rivals Big Time and the Triumphant Wolfsons clashed once more in their long history. This time it was the champions who walked away with the win as Zimmy pinned Brett after a Wolfson Tandem Finale (B-)

Ash Campbell then clashed with Swoop McCarthy in a short contest as the Inner Circle man nailed a Swoop Stunner for the win (B)

Valiant and Ricky Dale Johnson followed in a tag match with the Sharpshooters. After handshakes between Valiant and the young team, the more experienced duo overcame the youngsters when Valiant pinned Johnson with a V-Split (B)

Greg Gauge came close to overcoming his near-namesake Gregory Black, but ultimately the more-experienced competitor sneaked the win with a Shining Wizard (B)

In mixed tag action, Marc DuBois and Sara Marie York overcame Darryl Devine and Lauren Easter, and Antonio Maxi Marquez and Amber Allen (B-)

In Shooting Star title action, former champion Aaron Andrews clashed with Matthew Gauge. With his father egging him on from ringside, Gauge was able to trap Andrews in a Proton Lock to pick up the win (B-)

Joanne Rodriguez and Paige Croft then took on Tamara McFly and Nadia Snow. J-Ro still seemed to be favouring her leg after Welcome to the Jungle, and McFly was quick to zero in on it, but Rodriguez and Croft were able to hold out until J-Ro scored with a J-Rocker on Snow for the win (C+)

In a short contest, Primus wiped out Eddie Cornell with a Running Powerslam (C+)

The California Fly Boys took on Eric Eisen and Marat Khoklov for the SWF Chaos title, but found themselves unable to do much against the Russian Monster. Khoklov pinned Jackson after a Moscow Lariat to pick up the win (B)

KC Glenn and James Hernandez put on a scintillating contest fought over, on and around the ring, with Glenn showing the benefits of his constant improvements as he picked up the win with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band (B)

The Flying Stones then went up against Supply & Demand, and had to work hard to overcome their opponents’ size advantage. However, they were able to catch Freddy Garcia with a Cobra Fu to pick up the win (B, 4pts)

Jay Chord made a strong bid for the public vote as he took on Davis Wayne Newton, scoring a mild upset over the Triple Threat with a Cradle Piledriver for the win (B)

In the semi-final, Sean McFly and Joey DeColt clashed with the Mexican duo of Héroe and Gino Montero. It was an open encounter, with the two youngsters keeping up with their more-experienced foes, but falling at the last as McFly caught Héroe with a DeLorean Driver (B)

Ahead of the main event, Spencer Spade told Christian Faith that he wouldn’t be pursuing a match with him at Under Control – he was focusing all his efforts on the tag titles. However, he didn’t want to miss the chance to take on the Supreme Legend, which was why he’d asked for the main event match tonight.

Spade put on a tremendous show, coming as close as anyone to taking The Win in this thrilling encounter. He seemed to have the match won with a Supreme Stunner, but Faith hooked one long leg over the bottom rope to break the count. Spade wasn’t lucky enough to get a second chance, and shortly after ate a Leap Of Faith as the Supreme Legend emerged victorious once again (B+)

Overall: B+

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SwoopMcCarthy.jpg

Supreme TV Preview

You know something’s coming. I know what it is. For the rest of you... Nah, this ain’t something I’m ready to spill. You’ll find out soon enough.

Tonight, the Inner Circle earns more money. That’s the important thing.

SWF Supreme TV

Triumphant Wolfsons © vs. Devine & Chord – SWF World Tag Team titles

Rick Law vs. Jack Giedroyc

Sean McFly and Davis Wayne Newton vs. Matthew Gauge and Sam Keith

Chris Morrisette vs. Steve Frehley – non-title

Ricky Dale Johnson vs. Swoop McCarthy

Joanne Rodriguez vs. Tamara McFly

The Flying Stones vs. Eric Eisen and Marat Khoklov © – SWF Chaos title

Tom Gilmore vs. William Hayes – non-title

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance

Plus: Spencer Spade’s tag title pursuit continues...

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance

Sam McFly and Davis Wayne Newton vs. Matthew Gauge and Sam Keith

Either way I'll be happy with who wins

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance

SWF Supreme TV

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance DQ

Plus: Spencer Spade’s tag title pursuit continues... Spade wins!

I know the Wolfsons are a lock to win, but I'm not going to stop sticking with my guys.

I can tell your trying to build this "pure evil/creepy heel" aura in Giedroyc. Like what Vengence used to be.:rolleyes:

Sam McFly? Did he change his name like Jack DeColt did? :p

Speaking of "heel auras", Frehley is another one of those people. For some reason, I just don't seem him as the dominant, ruthless type, even after his heel turn where you were trying to build him. Regardless, non-title means he'll likely win.

Just on the fact that the Swoop needs to prove himself to the Inner Circle.

Tamara isn't that important, despite her role in the Bruce-Tornado saga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Break out the bug spray, cause Willy Hayes got the haze on Gilmore! DQ loss for the "Hayzer".

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance

I coulda swore you fired Vengeance already... Maybe it's Primus under the hood?

Plus: Spencer Spade’s tag title pursuit continues... He'll win. No Doubt.

Wolfsons will likely keep the belts for sometime still and there will likely be a build-up before they lose them too.

Both guys have things going on and need to stay strong so I go with DQ loss on Giedroyc.

Pretty much a coin flip here but with McFly winning the last PPV match I see this as feel good win for Sam.

non-title so I see champ losing here.

Swoop is big enough name to go over RDJ and might be a good choice to challenge Faith in PPV too.

J-Ro was still favouring here leg in Uprising so that´s likely still a problem here and this time Tamara manages to capitalize.

Edd Stone with Chaos title would be fun, but sadly I think that Inner Circle pair will keep the titles for now.

Hayes won´t be winning, not evn in non-title match. He just isn´t build-up enough yet to do so.

Jack Bruce vs. Vengeance

I will be suprised if Vengeance wins this one as he has been on his way out even before these latest cuts.

Right, I was hoping to get STV up last night but I was at the Paralympics and didn't get home until after 11. The show's written, but not formatted. I'll likely do that tonight.

So that's 1. 2 is that, in about six months time, my wife should hopefully be giving birth to our second child :)

Right now I'm pretty busy dealing with all the stuff that's come up as a result - my wife is pretty exhausted working full-time and looking after our little girl as well, so I'm taking on a fair bit of extra work. If nothing else, it makes me appreciate how much she normally does around the house :p

My writing time has taken a bit of a hit, so updates may be a bit slower than normal. I'm not doing much else with my free time, though, aside from making time each week to watch The Newsroom. I'm also trialling a shorter show format, with options to go shorter still. I enjoy writing, though, and don't want to shortchange you lot - or get rusty or lazy by not doing things 'properly'.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you notice some changes in the coming weeks and months. And if I disappear for a while next March, well, you know why :D

Archived