Feature That Will Make The Game For You

We're roughly halfway through the developer's journal if the late 2012/early 2013 release date is true. Out of all the features left, what are a couple that would "make" the game for you, hypothetically if you weren't still sold on the game?

Mine would be being able to tape multiple TV episodes on one event and more control over angles, i.e. being able to assign road agent notes to them as if they were matches or something similar.

What about you guys?

#1: Fog Of War

I love this addition since I want challenge into the game. Not to sound cocky but TEW2010 feels too easy for me in many ways and the earlier versions were even easier and I'd always lose interest in my saves the further I'd advance in them. FoW also increases the realism of the game.

#17: New Worker Generation Upgrade

Before I never even touched the New Workers since they didn't have a bio picture about them and they were too generic in many ways. With all the improvements regarding this feature I'll surely be using them in the future.

#26: Game World Development & #62: More Dynamic Company Relationships

It is really important the game world is more dynamic than before so that every save is truly unique.

#43: Company Size Criteria Changes

It'll now be much harder to get/stay in National or higher size which is simply awesome.

#44: Repetitive Booking

Once again a more realistic feature. If a match is only seen in Tri State area from a promotion, you can do the match in all the other regions without a penalty and so on.

#51: Add New User

#52: Dropping Out Of Multiplayer

#53: Maximum Number Of Players

8-man Multiplayer is going to be awesome.

#60: Upgraded Show Ratings

Really makes the difference because of the heavier emphasis on angle ratings.

---

I really don't have that one feature that would make the game a "must buy" for me since it is already a "must-buy" for me anyways, it really is. I simply can't fathom why anyone would miss TEW2013. TEW2010 was awesome and big step up from the previous version and now '13 is going to be even better.. It's the best game series ever made and I don't even want to know the amount of hours I've spend on these games right from the EWR days over a decade ago (game hours is in thousands and thousands). With all these improvements I have a very hard time imagining what would be left for the next TEW game ('16, '17?) after '13.

I still need to have some control over my developmental promotions (tag teams, etc.) and the ability to move workers from one child company to another with one click. Those are the two things I need to make this game a "must buy." Even after the addition of alliances - which I still hope includes champions - this game is only a "probable buy" for me.

A significantly improved way of booking angles. I just cant see myself spending $35 without it. Especially considering sometimes in the current version the thought of it deters me from playing the game.

The other big factor was the way angles affected the show grade, but thats been announced and fixed. Other key improvements would be better Star Quality implementation together with financial integrity, better gimmick rating and a backstage that is harder to maintain at higher promotion levels, rather than the other way around. But its angles that is the clincher.

There's really not a massive thing left for me, just a few little things.

Filtering for battle royals. Even if it's only able to filter out already booked wrestlers and gender it'd be a huge improvement in my book.

Trios naming and Trios experience. In Mexico, trios are a big deal and I personally like having a six man tag championship. Plus, my desire to book the Road Warriors and Kensuke Sasaki(as Road Warrior Dragon) as a trio would finally be a little easier. It seems like a no brainer because there's already the ability to have a six man tag title.

I guess the biggest "addition" though, would be a bit more control over my developmental company. Make them a bit more realistic. Developmental workers work dark matches without actually being called up on a regular basis. Plus, I think I should be able to send two workers down to developmental to gain tag experience.

I would love if there was a stat to show who had drawing power.

i.e. Hulk Hogan is a huge draw. Brett Hart is not. I think it would make things interesting if you have a guy who is a big draw as a face (Cena), but is stale as a character.

I think it would add to the business side of things

I would love if there was a stat to show who had drawing power.

i.e. Hulk Hogan is a huge draw. Brett Hart is not. I think it would make things interesting if you have a guy who is a big draw as a face (Cena), but is stale as a character.

I think it would add to the business side of things

There already is, Star Quality.

Hogan had amazing amount of Star Quality and had the look, same with Cena.

Bret did not.

They all worked for a promotion that favored high Star Quality.

Though happy with the improvements thus far, I'm hoping to see an expansion to angles along the lines of what CrookedRainJr's proposed.

I'm also holding out hope for:

- Demographic appeal

- More dynamic interaction between Bookers and Owners

- A reworking of Gimmicks

- Detailed match write-ups a la WMMA

- The option of playing from the dark side of pro wrestling

Hogan had amazing amount of Star Quality and had the look, same with Cena.

Bret did not.

Bret Hart didn't have star quality? I'm not even sure if you're serious or not, because this statement is so preposterous.

Regarding the actual topic I have to say TEW is a must-buy for me anyways, but the one feature that I'm looking forward the most is how angles affect the show grade. It's going to completely change the way entertainment promotions are booked and I can't wait to see it in action.

So far Im most excited about fog of war, new worker generation and file consolidation to stop games getting super-slow after a few years. Im really looking forward to running longer-term games with smaller companies.

I'd like to see more about softer stat caps. Id like to think that it will be possible to get a worker past 32 psych if he wrestles an experienced vet every week for years. Particularly in the UK the lack of good 3rd row workers is annoying.

Fog of War, mostly. As much as I'd like to say I'm excited about the other features, I'm excited about them in the sense that I recognize their worth, not that I personally will use them. I like playing indie games, and it really is frustrating having everyone be pretty much known in my area, that I can just hire the same 12 guys every time and play the same game and never really have much incentive to do otherwise.

Bret Hart didn't have star quality? I'm not even sure if you're serious or not, because this statement is so preposterous.

Regarding the actual topic I have to say TEW is a must-buy for me anyways, but the one feature that I'm looking forward the most is how angles affect the show grade. It's going to completely change the way entertainment promotions are booked and I can't wait to see it in action.

As much as Cena or Hogan? No. Hogan and Cena had the prototypical look of a superstar. Which is why he wasn't the face of the company.

I guess the biggest "addition" though, would be a bit more control over my developmental company. Make them a bit more realistic. Developmental workers work dark matches without actually being called up on a regular basis. Plus, I think I should be able to send two workers down to developmental to gain tag experience.

Same for me really, you don't currently have enough control over developmental promotions IMO. I mean, you (mostly) pay their wages but you can't really get much of a say on what happens. Plus some kind of notification telling me how happy a guy is in development without having to call him up to check without it getting to the point of anger would be useful.

As much as Cena or Hogan? No. Hogan and Cena had the prototypical look of a superstar. Which is why he wasn't the face of the company.

Dude. From 1996 to 1997 Bret WAS the WWF. Would WCW have poached him if he wasn't a star? He very likely would've gotten bigger in WCW if Goldberg hadn't ended his in-ring career.

Fog Of War, Battle Royal notes, and Umbrella organisations have sold it to me.

However, I'd also like the opportunity to sign a tag team as a tag team (ala the Road Warriors to WWF, the Sheepherders to WWF, Brainbusters to WWF etc).

Gametime decisions: If a worker is late do I replace him or hope he still shows? If a worker gets injured and a match ends early how do I fill time? Cornell and Nemesis have a bloody brawl on TV, do I let them continue? Ref makes a mistake? Ultimate Warrior won't wrestle unless I pay him more money right then?

Relationships matter more: there are always news stories about workers trying to take control of the locker room, but it doesn't seem to mean much. If I fire or sign a guy it should have repercussions, both good and bad, throughout the company. I'd like to see guys who will job to their friends, but not anyone else. Wrestlers suggesting giving their friends a push or wanting to work programs with their friends.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty much sold on the game for a long time. The only thing right now that comes to mind that would make me even more crazy about getting it, would be an online multiplayer. I doubt it will happen but a guy can dream.

I'm sure to buy it the day it'll be released.

I'm still hoping for these two new features:

- A way to "scout for new talent" at different levels (from local to global). To have an opportunity to expand the available workers, handle training camps more closely and simulate a show like NXT in WWE.

- A better handling of workers outside wrestling which participates in shows (Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather, Maria Menounos, music bands, etc.).

Setting aside the period where Bret was the face of the company, Adam cleared up back in TEW2007 that SQ represented those intangibles and specifically cited Dusty Rhodes as an example of low Looks (as the Sex Appeal/Menace combined stat then was) and high SQ.

I've been playing since Extreme Warfare 2001. Twelve releases later and Adam has never let me down. I've played these games more than I've ever played any of my other games including anything on the ps3. So Adam will always have my funny.

The one thing that I would love to see is being able to play as a development promotion. Not sure how it would work but I think it would be cool. Actually, any additional control we could have over our child promotions would be awesome!

I'll be buying this game NO MATTER what

Archived