Diary Preview And Questions Thread

My reasoning for posting this is to ask... Would you be willing to read (ie: go down that road again) an SWF project from me; especially with one that doesn't move half-way as fast? I mean, with DOA, I was able to finish one show in about a month. That's what I'm expecting (possibly 2 if I have free time).

So, what do you think?

Dude you basically got a built in readership :D

No one's going to complain about having some of your writing when theother option is none.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking a lot lately about this whole dynasty thing and came to a realization. In my 7 years that I've been part of GDS, there's one company that I really enjoy booking above all. I used to be all about niche products, or underdogs looking to take down the 'big dogs', but those days of 20's angst is just not there anymore. I'm not that guy (and haven't been for some time now).

As you've noticed, my writing productivity has dropped down drastically. I used to be able to pump out a show a week. Now, with teaching (which is my top priority; along with my wife and baby on the way), I don't have half the amount of time that I once had. Instead of cutting on quality, I'm instead cutting down on quantity. So, to follow one of my projects now means you have to be able to wait quite some time for new updates.

With all of that said, again, I've been thinking lately. DOA has been fun BUT there's one company that I love to book above all. That's SWF.

Now, mind you, this project would NOT be anywhere NEAR as fast moving as "Where Men Become Legends." Also, I have some fears about jumping back into a lane that was so successful (as I hope I can still live up to what I was able to do). That said, I'm looking at this much like a sequel would; it may or may not be as good.

This would not really be a true sequel. This project would be a 'new world' and I feel I've come up with a great story that would be unique (versus just a rehashing of my last project). Sure, there are some characters that I don't think I can (or want to) write differently BUT there will be some new takes on the characters that I once booked before (essentially a clean slate).

My reasoning for posting this is to ask... Would you be willing to read (ie: go down that road again) an SWF project from me; especially with one that doesn't move half-way as fast? I mean, with DOA, I was able to finish one show in about a month. That's what I'm expecting (possibly 2 if I have free time).

So, what do you think?

I'm not sure if this means DOA is ending -- if it is, I enjoyed the current run a lot -- but if isn't, usually two diaries is the right number for me, with maybe two updates a month -- and I think two different diaries will help with creativity.

I'd read whatever you choose to do, and I'm sure it'll be great -- but as a reader, I'd like to see you explore somewhere else, as a diary writer, I think it'd be easier to avoid burn-out with a new company, and as a [no books/no credentials] author, I think writing a new cast would better exercise your skills.

The beauty [or ugly] thing about SWF is that its mass success has spawned copycat "sports entertainment" promotions in other locales. 21CW has a very similar product to SWF, and is the only show in Britain. RAW is Australia's biggest promotion. RAW has aspects of both SWF and DOA: it is owned by, and centered around, a television program. I'd also consider EWA & CGC.

I'm not sure if this means DOA is ending -- if it is, I enjoyed the current run a lot -- but if isn't, usually two diaries is the right number for me, with maybe two updates a month -- and I think two different diaries will help with creativity.

I'd read whatever you choose to do, and I'm sure it'll be great -- but as a reader, I'd like to see you explore somewhere else, as a diary writer, I think it'd be easier to avoid burn-out with a new company, and as a [no books/no credentials] author, I think writing a new cast would better exercise your skills.

The beauty [or ugly] thing about SWF is that its mass success has spawned copycat "sports entertainment" promotions in other locales. 21CW has a very similar product to SWF, and is the only show in Britain. RAW is Australia's biggest promotion. RAW has aspects of both SWF and DOA: it is owned by, and centered around, a television program. I'd also consider EWA & CGC.

It's not so much the SWF that draws me back as the characters in the SWF. I have a new take on a few of them. In turn, I have some new storylines that could bode pretty well for a long term game. That's why I don't necessarily want to do another SE-like company out there as, with DOA, I had that and it felt like I was playing second fiddle to the talent of the SWF.

I've booked so many different characters/wrestlers over the years but the ones I love the most come from the "Land of Supreme." I think that's why I want to write for them once again (as, even if it isn't updated a lot, it will allow me to think as these people again).

I feel the fear of burnout is not necessarily there. Why? Writing here is no longer an obsession as it simply cannot be (given my life). So, there's no real chance of feeling bored with it as it won't be my main focus (or move half as fast as before).

Also, I'm weird about who I book. I can't seem to book for anyone outside of the US. I feel there's enough of a difference culturally to what I already know that it's hard for me to connect. Even with CGC, where I feel I could have a lot in common given to the fact that I grew up close to the Canadian border, I'm not really sold on booking the families overall.

I feel you, E-V, with regards to your preference for SWF. It's probably going to be a while before I return to writing diaries, but I've already made it clear that I'm returning to SWF the next time around. TCW's just too wrestling-based (and I don't really write good match write-ups) and while I've thought of doing USPW, I can't really write good family-friendly entertainment. Thought of making a diary based on a risque USPW, though, but that may be something for TEW's next iteration. Hint, hint! ;)

SWF really appeals to my booking tastes - it's edgy sports entertainment, and I grew up with edgy sports entertainment, i.e. Attitude Era WWF and pre-Fingerpoke of Doom WCW. Not to mention, the ridiculousness of "New Generation" WWF and Jim Herd-era (alright, Russo-era too) WCW. I mean, where else can you see a faction of three to five annoying boy band members with garish purple and pink headbands? (24/7 Partay Dudez) Or a poor man's Adam Rose without Rosebuds, but a hashtag in his ring name? (#Edd) I think those guys are becoming my staple additions as I plan my fourth SWF project to date, but I promise most other things will be different and the new project will be thought over very well, with a lot of advance shows/segments written before I publish it. And maybe a lot of teasers too - I'm thinking of one right now, as we speak!

Regarding burnout, yes, we've been there before. You've got teaching and the family to consider, while I've got my paid writing and my music. I feel you as well when it comes to burnout.

Love the DOA diary, but I agree with what everyone's said - regardless if you're doing DOA or doing SWF, I'll be reading.

EDIT - Now that I come to think of it, I think I may be back sooner than expected, but with a user-created company. Won't be as action-packed as DOA nor as funny as Pteroid's Simply Awesome Wrestling, but I've realized just now I may need, and my readers, new and old may need an equivalent of a sorbet to cleanse the palate off all those Supreme diaries.

EDIT - Now that I come to think of it, I think I may be back sooner than expected, but with a user-created company. Won't be as action-packed as DOA nor as funny as Pteroid's Simply Awesome Wrestling, but I've realized just now I may need, and my readers, new and old may need an equivalent of a sorbet to cleanse the palate off all those Supreme diaries.

As someone who feels better playing with user-created companies, it's a good ride especially at smaller levels. You get to use people you might never have thought about using and you learn to adapt on the fly to events when you only have one event every month or so. A shock retirement or an unfortunate injury can throw things for a loop but it's fun to work around them.

E-V,

Typing this at work so it's going to be quick and painless, I think. I completely understand connecting with a particular company. After all, I was known as Mr. USPW for awhile because that was a promotion that I have continued to come back to. I am still working on a diary with USPW as we speak. But I can tell you that you are going to have a following no matter what promotion you use or how long it might take you to write out a show. You are an amazing writer and have earned the respect of many, myself included. If you need to bounce some ideas, you know that my pm box is always open. So if you feel like you need to return to SWF, I say to do it because it is a major calling that I know all too well.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

I think BigPapa42's perspective was really appropriate here. The SWF is like that 'first love' for me. I can never stray too far away from it before it feels like it's coming back to the surface. When I left "Where Men Become LEGENDS" I felt like it was time. That said, it's been around 10 months since that project ended. I, thankfully, now have a new overarching story to tell. In turn, I have some new perspectives/storylines/characters that I'd like to play around with. It'll just take a lot longer to get shows out there than before.

After thinking it through, I'm positive that I will return to the "Land of Supreme." It's a great feeling to be able to say that. :)

It's going to take a bit before it'll go live though. I'm cementing some major stories right now and am toying around with what I want the thread title to be. Also, like my DOA project, I'm going through the process of cutting my pictures to a new background. I really want to bring a brand-vibe to the company as a whole (as always). I'm excited about where that's going.

I'll probably reach out to some of my usual suspects as it pertains to some planning ideas. Thank you, in advance, to those who do so.

Would anyone be interested in a WWF diary that only related the major PPVs and events? Basically like you're going through the modern day WWE network and taking a look back at what happened in those PPV events in an alternate universe (diary would begin in January 1995 and continue at least through the Attitude Era.)

Would anyone be interested in a WWF diary that only related the major PPVs and events? Basically like you're going through the modern day WWE network and taking a look back at what happened in those PPV events in an alternate universe (diary would begin in January 1995 and continue at least through the Attitude Era.)

I like the concept but the thing is, how are people going to understand the meaning behind the matches on the PPV if there is nothing but pay-per-views?

I mean you could pull if off with a ROH or ECW level company but I am not sure it would work if it was a WWF diary. Unless you gave a recap of what happened on the RAW's leading up to the PPV.

I definitely think it can work. Obviously it's bound to not be as detailed as other diaries but that doesn't necessarily have to be a big problem. My WWE diary (here) used that format. I agree with BHK1978 though that you would need raw recaps, they definitely helped with mine.

I went with that format just for the first year of my diary as a way of diverging from the real world quickly, but I do think it could last further than that. Main reason I liked that format is just because it was quick and easy, so I naturally got through that year quick.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

I think BigPapa42's perspective was really appropriate here. The SWF is like that 'first love' for me. I can never stray too far away from it before it feels like it's coming back to the surface. When I left "Where Men Become LEGENDS" I felt like it was time. That said, it's been around 10 months since that project ended. I, thankfully, now have a new overarching story to tell. In turn, I have some new perspectives/storylines/characters that I'd like to play around with. It'll just take a lot longer to get shows out there than before..

My only suggestion with another SWF project is to use a different presentation approach. Try to change up the look and feel a bit. some characterizations are gonna be the same and some are going to be different. But having the exact same look and feel, the same grahpics, etc.... that's likely going to feel too much like the same territority, for both both you and readers.

That "first love".... its funny how it springs back, and not just with diary writing. I've been away from TEW for a bit due to WMMA, and have been toying around in the Tverse. But I keep getting thoughts about SWF workers like Remo, Rogue, and Valiant... I find myself hoping to find Tverse equivilents.... and then I then I wonder why, when I could just move over the Cverse and do it properly. That draw never goes away.

I like the concept but the thing is, how are people going to understand the meaning behind the matches on the PPV if there is nothing but pay-per-views?

I mean you could pull if off with a ROH or ECW level company but I am not sure it would work if it was a WWF diary. Unless you gave a recap of what happened on the RAW's leading up to the PPV.

Very much agree with this. There are some unique options of how you can fill in the shows that build up to the PPV. Whether its more detailed preview psosts for the PPV, brief weekly recaps, etc. But something is certainly better than nothing. Nothing will leave the readers feeling disjoined about what's going on, like they are only getting part of the picture.... because they really only are.

A related anecdote - I've done some wrestling PPV review projects for another site. Just fun - nothing serious. I've done all SummerSlam events in sequence, and almost all of the In Your House PPVs. Watching them without the shows leading up to them removes the context of many of the matches and can be confusing. Sometimes there will be a recap of what lead to a given match, but other times there isn't. Things definitely have less impact when you don't know what lead to it. Again, you're only getting part of the story.

My only suggestion with another SWF project is to use a different presentation approach. Try to change up the look and feel a bit. some characterizations are gonna be the same and some are going to be different. But having the exact same look and feel, the same grahpics, etc.... that's likely going to feel too much like the same territority, for both both you and readers.

I'm working on all new graphics. Sure, some of my layouts will be the same (as that's just how my typical dynasty is built). That said, I'm doing everything I can to give it a fresh coat of paint (so to speak). Plus, this time around, there's a much bigger change to the landscape than the previous attempt. This dynasty has more of a story to it than "Where Men Become LEGENDS." I won't provide backroom stories (as it becomes too time consuming) but I will give something of the sort to set the stage a little better. Then, it'll all be about shows/characters/and .com.

“Read this in Stephen Fry`s voice. It makes it much understandable”

As Poor Ol Joshua was taking a walk along Chicago. “Its just Josh, Not Joshua” Let me narrate Joshua. “Sigh.” He looked at his paper filed for a wrestling company named World Championship Wrestling, Which I might add is a stupid name. “S-sshut up. Voice in my head”. Well this is gonna be fun!. Joshua was staring at his safe which held always money. Say where did you get all these money. “I have seriously no idea. I just got this my creepy uncle” Ah yes, the good old creepy uncle story. Cant beat it.

“Siigh. I dont know what to do with this”. That is where we voices come in. “THERE ARE MORE”

This is WCW: Because Anarchy Rulz. A CVerse diary/dynasty with a little r0xy spin on it that is stole from other forums story sections. You will decide my goals. But since I need workers. You are gonna decide who to hire. (Basicly like this:

Worker: Big Smack Scott

Challenge: Rename him Harald and call him a viking )

I'm working on all new graphics. Sure, some of my layouts will be the same (as that's just how my typical dynasty is built). That said, I'm doing everything I can to give it a fresh coat of paint (so to speak). Plus, this time around, there's a much bigger change to the landscape than the previous attempt. This dynasty has more of a story to it than "Where Men Become LEGENDS." I won't provide backroom stories (as it becomes too time consuming) but I will give something of the sort to set the stage a little better. Then, it'll all be about shows/characters/and .com.

That's exactly what I meant. THe actual formatting is definitely not needing to be changed. Nor finding different logos for the sake of it, or different renders.

<p>I am interested in starting a writing project with someone (or two someone's) with created wrestlers. This is something outside the bounds of TEW completely as I just got a MAC and am unable to play TEW anymore from my knowledge. Regardless, I wanted to bring this idea I had of mine and see if it's something that anyone would be interested in.</p><p> </p><p>

I am basically looking for a booker/writer to help me run a promotion that is run with the help of poser images. I have some graphic design ability and I am able to write and book, but I was looking for a few individuals to be creative with and see how far we can run this. </p><p> </p><p>

Poser images are usually associated with an efed. I don't want that though. I want to write the cards when we want to write the cards, and not be hassled by efed wrestlers who all think they should have won.</p><p> </p><p>

I look forward to hearing from you guys. I can give more details for those interested. Please PM me if interested.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

First off, apologies to anyone who was viewing my XDW dynasty. A move and lack of internet for a few weeks caused me to lose interest in writing it...

With that said would anyone be interested in a dynasty with this premise...

By no stretch of the imagination was Jim Crockett Jr. a good businessman. He liked to spend money on private jets, wild parties, limos, and workers who probably should have never laced up their boots in the first place. In our world this built up to JCP being bought out by Ted Turner and turned into WCW. However, there is an alternate reality in which this did not occur. You see, in our world Dusty Rhodes was given full control of JCP while Crockett just kicked back and soaked up all the praise tossed his way, but in this other world Jim Cornette was given the job instead of Dusty, leading to a much more financially stable JCP. A JCP that would one day overtake the WWF as the leader in wrestling entertainment. It all started with a simple meeting...

Dec 15th 2013

18 months ago, my dreams as a star wrestler ended in a botched powerslam thanks to the walking catastrophe known as Big Smack Scott. 2 months in the hospital, 6 months in a wheelchair, and another 6 months in strenuous rehab to get back into shape, only to be told that my body could not take the stress of being a wrestler again. For the next 3 months I was in a severe depression over losing the opportunity to do my life's passion.

But then it occurred to me, that I didn't have to give it all up. Yes, my in ring career was over, but I had done far more than just wrestle. I had worked behind the scenes as a booker, quite successfully. Although my body could no longer wrestle, my mind could still plan stories, build heat and raise the fortunes and prestige of a promotion. All of which led me to the door of a lower east side office building with the letters NYCW on the window.

It seems the beginning of every important chapter of my life started here.

2007, when I was first starting out and got my first major opportunity, both in the ring and backstage when The Stomper hired me as a booker.

Then in 2010, when after the lows of being fired from CGC and MHW by selfish owners who felt threatened by the success I was generating, I came here to rebuild both my pride and prestige and was given a second chance by my mentor Stomper.

But this time was different. This time, the Stomper was no longer there, having retired to a comfortable life off the profits I had generated for him before I went to the SWF, when Larry Vessey, the current owner took over.

Vessey and I had worked together when he came in 2010, so we were familiar with each other, but it was nowhere near the same relationship I had with The Stomper, who was a mentor\father figure wrapped in a tightfisted, curmudgeonly package. And while some things were still the same here, a lot had changed in the last 18 months, so it was with some trepidation that I walked through that door, to see Vessey and try and convince him to once again let me control the reins of NYCW.

Because I knew I was still capable of taking NYCW to the next level, even if I was no longer able to wrestle. I knew that I would succeed, because I was me. I was David Mack, and this is my chronicle.

The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW 2014- The Changing of the Guard

Dec 15th 2013

18 months ago, my dreams as a star wrestler ended in a botched powerslam thanks to the walking catastrophe known as Big Smack Scott. 2 months in the hospital, 6 months in a wheelchair, and another 6 months in strenuous rehab to get back into shape, only to be told that my body could not take the stress of being a wrestler again. For the next 3 months I was in a severe depression over losing the opportunity to do my life's passion.

But then it occurred to me, that I didn't have to give it all up. Yes, my in ring career was over, but I had done far more than just wrestle. I had worked behind the scenes as a booker, quite successfully. Although my body could no longer wrestle, my mind could still plan stories, build heat and raise the fortunes and prestige of a promotion. All of which led me to the door of a lower east side office building with the letters NYCW on the window.

It seems the beginning of every important chapter of my life started here.

2007, when I was first starting out and got my first major opportunity, both in the ring and backstage when The Stomper hired me as a booker.

Then in 2010, when after the lows of being fired from CGC and MPWF by selfish owners who felt threatened by the success I was generating, I came here to rebuild both my pride and prestige and was given a second chance by my mentor Stomper.

But this time was different. This time, the Stomper was no longer there, having retired to a comfortable life off the profits I had generated for him before I went to the SWF, when Larry Vessey, the current owner took over.

Vessey and I had worked together when he came in 2010, so we were familiar with each other, but it was nowhere near the same relationship I had with The Stomper, who was a mentor\father figure wrapped in a tightfisted, curmudgeonly package. And while some things were still the same here, a lot had changed in the last 18 months, so it was with some trepidation that I walked through that door, to see Vessey and try and convince him to once again let me control the reins of NYCW.

Because I knew I was still capable of taking NYCW to the next level, even if I was no longer able to wrestle. I knew that I would succeed, because I was me. I was David Mack, and this is my chronicle.

The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW 2014- The Changing of the Guard

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130306110059

I think it's time to break out the teasers for my new SWF-in-2015 project. :D Try as I may to write something for a user-created fed, SWF still remains closest to my heart.

Target launch date would be mid-April, so I'm thinking one teaser full of backstage chapter snippets per week. As I've said before, the diary will feature backstage segments in the form of POV chapters, and since you probably know Nicky Champion will again be my user avatar and one of the POV characters, here's a look at another one of them.

"THE BITTER VETERAN"

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/3rdStringPG/SWF%202014/SWF%20Roster/SqueekyMcClean_zps60a2206a.jpg

SNIPPET #1:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Three words that truly hit home to John "Squeeky McClean" MacLean. In 2009, he was this close - this close - to being the man who was putting Jack Bruce under pressure. At that time he was 34 going on 35, at the peak of his wrestling career and seemingly on the verge of a big-time push. At that time, he'd just changed gimmicks - he was working on a new twist on his straight-edge character, a censorship-crazy, self-righteous prick who railed against profanity in rock and rap, sex and violence in movies, the former being everything that Jack Bruce stood for. Of course, he had beef with underage (meaning under 21 for Squeeky) smoking and drinking and promiscuous sex, and he felt Bruce's real-life music was behind the increase in teenage debauchery.

Little did Squeeky McClean know he wasn't going to be the man behind the Man Under Pressure, but a pawn in Eric Eisen's backstage games. And a pawn in that whole damn storyline altogether.

SNIPPET #2:

"Daddy, why are you listening to that screaming angry man?" Squeeky remembered the times his daughter Skylar, then 11 years old, wondered why the heck he listened to Strife and Minor Threat at home, when he was supposed to hate rock music. He hadn't smartened the young girl up yet, and didn't plan to until she turned 13 - he was an old-school traditionalist like that, and someone who'd play any role given him, even if it was a Vanilla Ice-esque crappy white boy rapper called Johnny Mack Squeaky, a gimmick he played twice in his SWF career. Kayfabe was tradition, a code of honor, a way of life.

But then again, maybe Skylar had to know. It had been over a decade since Richard Eisen had stepped on, took a shit on, burned, and pissed all over kayfabe. Maybe he was the man under pressure. Maybe he didn't know where John MacLean began and where Squeeky McClean ended.

She was better for it. Skylar was set to graduate valedictorian of her high school class, and just like daddy, she had no interest in those filthy vices. If she did have a filthy vice, it was her schoolgirl crush on Peter Jonas Stragavelli, a.k.a. PJ Strong, Sam Strong's kid who didn't enter the wrestling business like his big sister. The deplorable teen idol who was pretty much America's answer to Justin Bieber. Then again, she was growing out of it and checking out her daddy's extreme music collections quite often. That girl was nothing like Maria Faith, who'd racked up another shoplifting arrest, right after the trip to rehab. Or Lisa Bowen, who had, for a time, been the Locker Room Lolita of the indies.

SNIPPET #3:

"No, no, NO! That was the WORST snap suplex I have ever seen in my life!" Despite already being 30, the Canadian RIPW call-up was as raw as someone ten years his junior when he wasn't mimicking the moves of his idol. And Squeeky wasn't having any of it.

"YOU COULD'VE F---ING KILLED ME OUT THERE!"

"Dude, it's impossible," the disrespectful French-Canadian replied, sneering at Squeeky.

"Who taught you anyway? Who trained you?"

"Enforcer Roberts did. Phil."

"Don't get wise with me, you f---er! WHO THE F--- TRAINED YOU?!?!?"

"Haruki Kudo."

"You talk a lot of shit, Parent." Squeeky gave Alan Parent a hard shove and continued to dress the arrogant kid-in-a-man's-body down. "Haruki Kudo is your idol. I get it. You do a lot of Haruki Kudo's moves acceptably, but to say you're the next Haruki Kudo is downright preposterous. And you don't do too many things well outside of that. I'll tell you who trained you and gave you your formative introduction to the sport - YOU DID. And maybe your bonehead friends from Drummondville. I know your kind, Parent. Back in the early 2000s, you and your high school buddies probably tried to kill each other, if not yourselves doing those batshit crazy backyard wrestling moves back in Drummondville. If only I was an Eisen, I would have told the old man to avoid you with a ten-foot pole. But here I am, still with this f---in' company. And each day of my life, I ask myself why the f--- I'm still here because of stupid kids like YOU!"

SWF 2015 - KING RICHARD'S COURT

ANOTHER 3RDSTRINGPG CREATION

COMING SOON!

Making much better time than expected on the new diary, so here's another teaser! Damned if I wasn't going to make the Smacker into a PPV character.

"THE TROUBLEMAKER"

(a.k.a. Scott I)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/3rdStringPG/SWF%202014/SWF%20Roster/BigSmackScott_zpsa0f8906c.jpg

Jobs.

That's what "Big Smack Scott" Sinclair had been forced to do ever since his second steroid strike for 2014. What had been the tag team titles and a pretty good push with his old buddy Kurt Laramee had been a false dawn. His perceived crummy attitude had forced creative to have them drop the belts to The All-Americans, a team with 265 pounds of promise (Des Davids) and 300-plus pounds of dead weight (American Machine). Still, creative liked the All-Ams. They didn't get wasted beyond comprehension after shows, Des had a steady girlfriend and Dean (A-Mach) a wife outside of the wrestling business, and they didn't fool around with other women either. They were model citizens in the locker room, and the longest-reigning tag team champions of all time, having reigned from March 2012 to February 2013.

Then, inexplicably, Scott and Kurt watched the All-Ams drop the tag belts to The Sex Maniacs, a team of a washed-up lothario (Joe Sexy) and a habitual pothead (Marc DuBois) who spent more time talking conspiracy theories over beer and ganja than honing his once-promising skills. But as it turned out, they were transitional champs. They were the low men in Eric Eisen's Klubb, the onscreen stable, not the backstage faction. As part of the Klubb's feud with real-life Klubbers Brandon James, Eddie Peak, and Emma Chase, it stood to reason that they'd drop the straps at some point in the future to American Hardcore, the oh-so-unimaginatively named tag team of James and Peak.

Then opportunity knocked. Sort of.

"Scott, I can't promise you anything at this point, but you're gonna be number one contenders to American Hardcore's tag belts at Welcome to the Jungle. It's gonna be a tables match, and since Kurt, Brandon, and Eddie are all DaVE alumni, it's gonna be major nostalgia for the fans in attendance. You four give us a good match and I'll see what I can do about havin' you and Kurt take the belts back at Under Control."

"Under Control? Isn't that where the fans decide opponents and stifflations (stipulations) and shit?" Scott was pleased, but he needed Peter to tell him what was in it for him and Kurt.

"Scott, it's as if you're one of the rookies we hired this year," laughed Peter. "Most of the time, those SWF App votes are rigged. So here's how it's gonna be. You get your rematch with American Hardcore at Under Control, and the fans 'decide' on a hardcore match as the stipulation - your specialty! You've been turnin' things around...well, sorta...and maybe you and Kurt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Bumfholes and the Biggins when it comes to the SWF's great tag teams of the 2000s."

Now Pete was talking, Scott thought to himself. At that point, it wasn't cool to be compared with Randy and Zimmy Bumfhole or Brett and Bart Biggins. The Bumfholes weren't quite Amazing in 2014, having gotten their butts kicked on pay-per-view and spending most of their time on Uprising. The Jobbins, er...Biggins brothers, on the other hand, hadn't won a match since early 2013, and were rumored to be on the way out. But the Bumfs and the Biggz had four titles apiece, making them the most decorated tag teams in SWF history since The Blazing Flames way back in the day. Scott was skeptical, but dammit, it would have been nice to become four-time SWF World Tag Team Champions with Kurt.

Unfortunately, Scotty had to spoil everything for everyone. 'Roided up as always, he and Kurt got themselves shitfaced drunk at a Boston strip club right after the Supreme TV at TD Garden. They ran into some rowdy marks who were needling them about wrestling being fake...and about how The Pain Alliance were among the shittiest competitors in that fake-ass sport. Words, then punches, were exchanged, and before anyone knew it, Scott had broken a pool cue on one of the hooligans' back.

Getting wind of the incident, the SWF insisted that Scott and Kurt had to be tested. Scott, of course, tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs, his second strike for the year. That meant a month-long suspension. Kurt had given up 'roiding a long time ago and wasn't much into PEDs anyway, but he was part of the fracas and creative punished him by having him count lights against the likes of Matthew Keith and Mikey Kiichi, the former Mikey James. As for the Smacker, he came back briefly in October. Cut a promo against Nicky Champion. And got his butt kicked by the Hawkeye. And lastly, got sent down to RIPW because he and Nicky had words backstage, with Nicky complaining about getting potatoed, or stiffed in the ring.

After a couple months in Rhode Island, Scott was back to the main roster, and he was doing jobs. He was spending more time on his back than a porn star, or as Scott so colorfully put it one drunken night, "I'm spendin' more time on my back than my no-good hoe bag of a stepmother did back in the day!" He was putting all the young 'uns over. Matthew Keith, of course. Huey Cannonball, or was that Jefferson Stardust? Same difference. Even his fellow heel Kasey Kristopher, the real-life Kevin Christopher "KC" Glenn. Hell, he even did the job for that reformed junkie Todd Cusson, breaking his months-long losing streak.

What about Kurt? F--- Kurt. Kurt was as much a part of the Boston brawl as he was, and here he was, bitching about how Scott's antics ruined it for the both of them. What was he, stupid? It was bound to be another bait-and-switch tactic from Peter. They weren't going to go over a tag team that featured two prominent real-life Klubbers in Brandon James and Eddie Peak. Sure, it was the Boston brawl that forced the SWF to fast-track the push of those two new midcarders from Hollyweird and have them take the belts from American Hardcore in the last Supreme TV of September. But two locker room rebels like The Pain Alliance winning the titles over two of Richard Eisen's favorite "sons?"

As long as Richard's sons Eric and Jerry and the rest of that f---ed-up Klubb of theirs was operating Peter Michaels like a puppet on a string, it was not. Going. To. Happen.

(EDITED - New teaser - we are going to learn more about Richard Eisen's youth in some chapters, so I've included a page from Tricky Rick's high school yearbook. Thanks, KnowYourEnemy for "dorkifying" the young Richard Eisen!)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/3rdStringPG/SWF%202014/Banners%20Etc/Eisen20YB20photo_zpsii9qrrak.jpg

SWF 2015 - KING RICHARD'S COURT

ANOTHER 3RDSTRINGPG CREATION

COMING SOON!

So I'm starting to think about a new project, and one of the things I want to do is keep better track of my wrestlers - details like key rivalries, career highlights, typical ring gear and so on.

I find small details like that can really add to the sense of a well-rounded world, and as any new diary I go with is likely to be a much smaller company with fewer wrestlers and fewer shows, I would expect to have the time to keep track of things like that.

I'm curious whether anyone else uses a separate document to keep track of things like that, or do you just go from memory?

So I'm starting to think about a new project, and one of the things I want to do is keep better track of my wrestlers - details like key rivalries, career highlights, typical ring gear and so on.

I find small details like that can really add to the sense of a well-rounded world, and as any new diary I go with is likely to be a much smaller company with fewer wrestlers and fewer shows, I would expect to have the time to keep track of things like that.

I'm curious whether anyone else uses a separate document to keep track of things like that, or do you just go from memory?

No, you are not alone. I tend to do similar. I like a fair amount of detail even for a non-diary game, but a diary game usually gets a whole heap of detail figured out. The more I can get a “feel” for a company and its talent, the more likely I am to connect to it and stick with it.

I use a spreadsheet with a roster page that has a fair amount of detail – from in game stuff to stuff I’ve decided beyond what the game provides. Stuff like exact height and weight, where they are billed from, entrance music, etc. I sometimes want to go deeper and more details than that. To get a full handle on the character. So create another sheet.

On the more detailed sheet, I can include more detailed specifics about the character. As you mention, what does their ring gear look like? That can be a key aspect to a worker, really. How do they talk? How do they cut a promo? What is their typicall approach in a feud? What does their character value? How is their personal life presented on-screen (for vignettes and such)? What kind of angles are they typically going to feature in? And of course all the in-ring stuff. From their entrance to the poses they do to how a typical match of theirs unfolds. This is where comparisons to real world workers can make things easier, but I usually prefer to take small elements rather than broadcut aspects. Basically, if I’m gonna say “this work is the Cverse/Tverse version of Randy Orton” and use them entirely as such… why not just play a RW game and use Randy Orton?

Past feuds and career highlights is an interesting idea and not one I’ve done that much with. But it makes sense and would tend to help flesh out the world for the readers. Whether its referenced in promos, or in worker profiles, it provides a nice amount of depth and backstory. Big moments and big angles a nice aspect. The most recent ThunderVerse update included Legendary Angles and that’s a brilliant idea, and one that I think can be worked into any project.

The only downsides to having that kind of detail is the time it takes to fill in those blanks and how to include it in the writing without getting monotonous. But beyond that, I think that level of depth is fantastic.