For all intents and purposes, it'd be a tournament title if you're making it like the Rumble where they win, they get the champ period, no questions asked.

Me personally, I've never really seen the point of having a tournament title. They seem to take forever to be built since they can be defended but once a year. Then you'll also run in to the situation of if you want a triangle or four way match, how do you work it in? In a rumble you could say both guy's feet hit the ground at the same time. In a ladder, only one person gets that case or belt or whatever.

Well, a tournament title is an accomplishment. Its listed for the worker, it would count toward Hall of Immortals status (if its main event level), so it kinda does have in-game value.

In-game, there aren't really restrictions on how the title is won. You just have the title on the line for the final match. You can run an actual elimination tournament, holding the elimination matches leading up to the finale. You could have a Grand Prix style tournament. Or you can have a single match - whether its a singles match, three-way, eight-way, or 30-way. You can't have "two simultaneous winners" but you can use screwy finishes, which somewhat simulates the "two people both hit the floor at the same time" dynamic they've used at the RR a few times.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's very interesting to see how TCW pushes talent. Since I've raided them fairly heavily, one half of The New Wave is World Champ with mid 70s popularity.

Brent Hill is a road agent for me, but the only one I've managed to steal away and keep was Aaron Andrews. Meanwhile I snatched El Heroe from SOTB, and Randy Bumfhole (my champ and in fued with El Heroe) from SWF. I wasn't big enough at the time to get Zimmy away. I try not to raid TCW so much since with their roster they have serious backstage issues. So I try to only pluck a few key people who I think would fit well that I could use effectively. Right now I have Andrews working a program with Sonny Wildside.

With the starting storyline being Rocky VS Vessey, do people really put the strap on Vessey? I know you don't have to follow the storyline and just go the way you want, but in my mind it is a story that has been going on and the fans would like to see the end. Not sure what I want to with it. Any suggestions?

Trevor

With the starting storyline being Rocky VS Vessey, do people really put the strap on Vessey? I know you don't have to follow the storyline and just go the way you want, but in my mind it is a story that has been going on and the fans would like to see the end. Not sure what I want to with it. Any suggestions?

Trevor

Not usually. I have before whenever I wanted something different. Booked him like a legit MMA fighter similar to Brock. You could try to sign Cam Vessey too so he has an understudy that can work his ass off and give you solid match ratings while giving the baby face (Rocky or whoever) some momentum going to the PPV. Vessey is a fairly bland character outside of that. I generally have him play gatekeeper. If you can get past the legit fighter, you deserve a shot at the champ type deal.

• 1 month later...

Trevor

Is that the storyline in 2014? Because is it not Vessey vs RDJ in the 2013? Usually I have Vessey go past RDJ, and then have Vessey side with Tommy Cornell, or sometimes I just have him win the title by himself.

I would suggest having Rocky retire Vessey. :p

• 3 weeks later...
So I need a way to humble Joey Minnesota. Him and Chord are killing my backstage.

Do I really job him out until he stops with his ego?

1. Have him lose by injury stoppage to a superior opponent, and put him on the shelf for a few months. Use this as an excuse to send Joey on vacation. Or, have a big, young menacing worker power bomb him through the metal stage and sideline him instead.

2. When he gets back, have him lose more than win but keep him happy (use protect/keep strong) and slide him in as a sort of "main-event gatekeeper" -- a fringe main eventer who can headline a smaller show in a pinch.

The easy solution is hire KC Glenn which helps his morale, helps backstage, and Glenn is already a top 10-15 worker in the world

Beyond that using all of the backstage perks and hiring good people is much more effective than trying to job out Minnesota, because he's one of the best guys in TCW and it'd really be counterproductive to hold him back.

Beyond that using all of the backstage perks and hiring good people is much more effective than trying to job out Minnesota, because he's one of the best guys in TCW and it'd really be counterproductive to hold him back.

Yeah, I just put up with Joey because he gives me results. I've resisted giving him the world title, though it's his for the taking if he ever smartens up.

His bio gives the impression that industry BS made him into what he is, so also motivates me to cut him some slack.

The easy solution is hire KC Glenn which helps his morale, helps backstage, and Glenn is already a top 10-15 worker in the world

Well im in a terrible place financially. In the negatives after going on a huge signing frenzy and stealing Champagne Lover from SOTBPW for 100k a month.

I have KC and my backstage is still terrible.

Archived