• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="combolock" data-cite="combolock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have any of you tried pushing Guide to a main event role in the company? Is his skills good enough? On his bio it says he could be great singles competitor, but I never thought of him as that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Guide's psychology isn't good enough to main event credibly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guide's psychology isn't good enough to main event credibly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. He would do fine aganist the likes of Tommy Cornell and Joey Minnesota. But in main event level matches against anyone with B- or below for Psychology, he would struggle.</p>

I'm currently in February 2014 and have just initiated a brand split with Total Wrestling and Saturday Night Showcase, I overtook SWF around August 2013 I think and I'm literally so close to being international it hurts. I've stolen Angry Gilmore, Steve Frehley, Nicky Champion, Andre Jones and Randy Bumfhole. I've not done much with the titles but Tommy Cornell turned face and beat Wolf Hawkins for the title at Total Mayhem and has held the title since with Tom Gilmore being the first Legend's Champion over at Saturday Night Showcase. Jay Chord got extremely over after being given a test Main Event feud with Tommy Cornell and is currently at A popularity only below Cornell and Gilmore, seriously debating having Cornell drop the title to him.

<p>So I'm thinking about giving TCW another run and basing it around stable warfare with 3-5 major stables battling it out and some more minor stables under them. I want it to be a cross between Japanese style stables that can range from loose alliances to tight knit ones and western style with brutal brawls, ambushes, etc.</p><p> </p><p>

There are already 2 ready made stables with the Syndicate and Freedom Fighters so here is how I'm thinking I'll split up the roster.</p><p> </p><p>

Freedom Fighters:</p><p>

Ricky Dale Johnson</p><p>

Joey Minnesota </p><p>

Guide</p><p>

Scout</p><p> </p><p>

The Syndicate:</p><p>

Tommy Cornell</p><p>

Wolf Hawkins</p><p>

Any other cocky heels out there I'll inevitably sign</p><p>

Likely go with a bodyguard character as well. Maybe Killer Shark</p><p> </p><p>

Golden Stable (To be named):</p><p>

Rocky Golden</p><p>

Koshirno Ino</p><p>

Benny Benson</p><p>

Greg Black (to be signed)</p><p> </p><p>

Vessey Stable (To Be Named):</p><p>

Bryan Vessey</p><p>

Brent Hill</p><p>

John Anderson</p><p> </p><p>

Tornado Stable (To Be Named):</p><p>

Troy Tornado</p><p>

Jay Chord</p><p>

Edd Stone</p><p>

Freddy Huggins</p><p> </p><p>

Sammy Bach Stable (To Be Named):</p><p>

Sammy Bach</p><p>

Aaron Andrews</p><p>

Chance Fortune</p><p>

Danny Fonzarelli</p><p>

Joshua Taylor</p><p> </p><p>

Also the largely irrelevant Hellfire Club is still around as well.</p><p> </p><p>

Just started the game and Chord, Huggins, Andrews, and Mighty Mo are all NBT, Killer Shark is a hot prospect... should be fun.</p>

• 3 months later...

Rocky Golden is atrocious.

The most disappointing guy ever.

RDJ hit time decline and can do nothing more than do promos for a secondary feud.

Bryan Vessey does roids, causes problems galore, and is in time decline.

:(

Rough start for TCW but when you hit your groove it should be smooth sailing with all the talent they have.

<p>few questions</p><p> </p><p>

i am playing a tcw game and Its been going well but im having a few minor difficulties.</p><p> </p><p>

1. how do I do a brand spilt? I have done the create a brand and the draft but when I go to my shows the brand split is off.</p><p>

2. whats the best way to introduce a new title ??</p><p>

3. my all action division is floundering because I just don't know how to book it. any suggestions please?</p><p>

4. also I have succefully poached Remo , Aristocrat, Steve Freshley and Angry Gilmore ... what are some good storyline to use them in going forward?</p>

• 4 months later...

Already posted on the Making your own G1 thread, but I think it's useful to post also here.

In TCW you can start from The War To Settle The Score in February, where by AI all matches are set to be 1 vs 1, to the March PPV, Just Another Day, if you have two TV shows.

If you stay with only Total Wrestling you can stretch it to April PPV, Where The Angels Fear To Thread.

You still have one month to build your Total Mayhem main event.

If the champion got pinned during the tournament you can have the special World title match at the PPV.

Be aware of matches bombing due the face-heel divide.

Tournament Example

Total Wrestler Tornament

24 participants

Win 3 points, draw 1, loss 0.

1st and 2nd of their block move to semifinals.

Semifinals will open the ppv.

Semifinals losers will fight in the semi main event.

Final will be the main event.

Block A

Tommy Cornell

Joey Minnesota

Scout

John Anderson

Joshua Taylor

Troy Tornado

Eddie Peak

Rocky Golden

American Buffalo

Edd Stone

Benny Benson

Danny Fonzarelli

Block B

Ricky Dale Johnson

Wolf Hawkins

Rick Law

Guide

Brent Hill

Sammy Bach

Bryan Vessey

Koshiro Ino

Joel Bryant

Texas Pete

Freddy Huggins

Aaron Andrews

Your problem could be you'll have big momentum ups and downs.

Man, I started a TCW game last week and I've been reading this thread for some tips. You guys made a very big deal about the backstage rating. It is so easy to fix.

Most of the people that you need to hire to get the rating up you should be hiring anyway. KC Glenn is a great prospect, the Gauges are future stars, Tracy Brendon is a good manager, and Greg Black is a good singles and fantastic tag worker. Meanwhile, Warlord is a throw away pick up, and you could also grab a guy like Pee-Wee Germaine. I'm quite fond of my pick up of Steve Flash on a EPPA, as well. He's on time decline but his matches are good for some cooldown segments, and he helps train people with his high psychology. He is also a locker room leader, and surely I'll have him for a long time as a road agent when he retires. I also followed a good tip from this thread: Give Vessey and Minnesota vacations every once in a while when you don't have them doing anything.

All fixed. I have a 95% backstage rating.

Easy to fix in a few different ways, but still a big deal, because it must be fixed.

Using your method as an example: Yeah, the three prospects and Greg Black are obvious hires for TCW, but you also brought in a guy who is almost certainly deep into time decline, a guy you'll probably never use, a referee you'll probably use as little as possible, and you're using a relatively talented female wrestler solely as a manager. Nothing wrong with any of that of course, but it proves that the backstage rating is a real problem. At least a couple of those hires smell of desperation to me.

And sending some of your biggest stars on vacations to improve the rating reeks of it. :D

Guest Asaemon

Besides hiring relatives and workers with positive relationships, i suggest using Match of the Night Bonus for TCW. It's done wonders in my both my current TCW (backstage rating 100%) and PGHW save. I pay the Match of the Night Bonus for all participants in the highest rated match in the A-Show (Total Wrestling), B-Show (Break Out) and PPV:s.

Rating 71 = $7100

Rating 81 = $8100

Rating 91 = $9100

I also pay a similar bonus to all participants in all matches that scores over 90.

The only ones that are unhappy on my roster are guys who feel that they've been stuck in developement for too long, before being promoted to the main roster and the crybaby Al Coleman.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if maybe I'm just starting to really feel comfortable with TCW or I just stopped trying to do too much during the A show but the last few shows I've been pretty happy with..B+'s, while Total Mayhem got an 88. For a while I was just doing too much on the show...trying to fit more of the undercard guys than I should have...the last month or so I kind of changed it up and focused much more on the guys that can carry the show.

A couple of young/new guys have been really climbing the card pretty quickly despite not really being pushed to the moon. Mikey James...Remmy Skye...Matthew Keith and Freddy Huggins. Keith I expected the most...he's been paired with the Top Workers...but I was a little surprised by the others.

Other thing noteable is the transition of some of the older time declining guys like Bryan Vessey and RDJ starting to slowly move down the card. While some guys like Eddie Peak, Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach have found themselves in much better places....with Peak becoming one of the most over guys on the roster.

And of course with all that I just started building towards Cornell vs. Hawkins...with Cornell turning on Hawkins right after Total Mayhem. So after a few bumps in the road, I'm expecting much bigger things on the way.

• 2 months later...

Tcw 2005 Save ???

I am in January Week 4 of a 2005 TCW game just before the Total Wrestling TV show preceding the Malice In Wonderland PPV.

-----------------The Story So Far-----------------

I'm playing as the Masked Avatar(booker). We fell to cult after the 1st or 2nd TV show. Sam Strong become the Authority Figure(face) because hey, he's way too over and talented to be only a road agent. Tommy Cornell is feuding with RDJ over the World Title and is holding onto it with the help of Charlie Thatcher, Brent hill and breaking the rules. They will have their 2nd match at Malice. Strong, Liberty, Valentine and Hawkins/Grayson have occasionally chipped in to help RDJ in various ways...

The Demons Of Rage have taken the Tag Titles away from Painful Procedure(SHearer/Hopkirk) and are set for a rematch at Malice. Liberty is feuding with BLZ Bubb. Bubb won the first PPV match with help from Genghis Rahn, who joined Bubb and the Darkness Warriors in their stable.

Rick Law(UMid,Int'l Champ) is feuding with resentful veterans Joel Bryant, Robert Oxford, and Paul Steadyfast.

Peter Valentine(face,ME) has been losing to new signing John Anderson(heel,UM) and is getting frustrated. He let out his frustrations by blindsiding Tommy when Cornell was arguing with Sam Strong in his office. Strong then argued with Valentine, who tried to make amends by interfering in Cornell's main event match vs Liberty and RDJ. Anderson and Valentine are set for a rematch at Malice which Valentine will lose.

Youth Gone Wild (Grayson/Hawkins, face,MID) vs Nation Of Filth(heel, MID)

Chance Fortune(face, LM) vs Freddy Huggins (ALL-Action Champ,heel, LM)

other signings & people in development

Brent Hill (heel, LM, been teaming with Cornell semi-regularly)

Nevada Nuclear(signed,in dev)Tana(dev)Harry Allen(dev)Steve Gumble(dev)

Clark Alexander(dev) Khoklov(signed, dev)Steve Flash(signed, dev.trainer)

Vita(signed, dev-manager for Khoklov)

Peverell(signed,ppa deal)Dane O'Hara(signed, ppa deal, face announcer)Dog Fyte(signed, ppa deal)Kashmir Singh(signed, ppa deal)Owen Love(signed,opener)Rafael Ruiz(Signed,enhancement)

Rob Miskovsky(signed,ppa deal,heel announcer)

TIME DECLINE

Demon Spite(9years) Oxford(8), Valentine(7), Demon Anger(5), Hopkirk(2)

This is my 1st serious attempt with a TCW save. I was inspired by Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement. I've intentionally and unintentionally probably stolen a lot of ideas from his diary. Sam Strong(in place of Mayhem Midden) being a board-appointed authority figure being the primary example. I also get a lot of ideas from the regulars on the Booking USPW thread and Astil's YouTube Channel and watched all of Wallbanger's videos that used to be on Twitch. So a big thank you to all of them and everyone on the forums. I hope no one is offended if I borrow(steal) from their ideas.

----------------PROBLEMS-------------------

My Main problem is my show grades and TV Ratings. I haven't changed any of the Product settings that came with the 2005Cverse database. Its 90%match/angle for TV and PPV, 7/12/22 minutes for TV and 8/16/35 minutes for events.

I seem to be struggling with stamina/performance in my main event/semi-main scene. Only Cornell can produce in the main events. I brought in Anderson to help with this. Valentine, Demon Anger, Demon Spite, Hopkirk, Pain are not and I don't think will ever be able to produce quality lengthy matches. BLZ Bubb & Rahn struggle with longer matches and its a stretch for RDJ & Liberty. I'm not sure yet about Tornado or Law but they probably could produce or improve enough to bring the ratings.

The announce team: they just don't seem good enough

Azaria seems to get dinged on any good quality matches.

Rhodes (colourComm)has only 44 Charisma

I brought in Dane O'Hara and Rob Miskovsky to try out on PPA Deals

O'Hara has excellent chemistry with Rhodes

Sam Strong joins the team on most of the TV matches

What should I do to address these problems?

Also, I'm heading towards creating an early version of The Syndicate with Cornell, Hill, probably Anderson, Thatcher(bodyguard) and probably a freshly turned heel (sort of)surprise. Hawkins will not be part of the stable, at least for now. Should I call it The Syndicate or something else? I know its not original, but I need guys who can go in the ring (Anderson/Hill) to get ratings in TCW and Cornell seems like a 2005 Ric Flair, THE MAN so to speak, at the top of his game leading HIS Horsemen.

• 9 months later...
First time playing TCW. Would like to create a The Syndicate stable. I have no clue about the past. Was there a past Syndicate stable?

Who would work well as a current stable member with the current roster?

Thanks so much for any advice!

The Syndicate stable was:

Tommy Cornell (leader)

Wolf Hawkins

Sam Keith

Brent Hill

Human Arsenal (John Anderson)

Rick Law (temporary member, to substitute an injured Brent Hill, tag champion with Human Arsenal)

The stable as been disbanded since a loss in a Total Mayhem tag team main event. The Syndicate (Tommy Cornell and Sam Keith) vs Freedom Fighters (Ricky Dale Johnson and Joey Minnesota)

Guest Asaemon
First time playing TCW. Would like to create a The Syndicate stable. I have no clue about the past. Was there a past Syndicate stable?

Who would work well as a current stable member with the current roster?

Thanks so much for any advice!

I usually start in 2013 with Cornell and Wolf. Adding Law as the enforcer. Your future draftees could be workers like Aaron Andrews, Jay Chord and The Keiths. Other options could be a big name worker from another promotion, like Sam Keith once was. Maybe a worker like Christian Faith.

• 3 months later...
I want to have a MITB type title, where the winner faces the champ at Total Mayhem. Would you make it a tourney title and have the match at what ever PPV or make it a floating title that can be defended whenever?

Trevor

For all intents and purposes, it'd be a tournament title if you're making it like the Rumble where they win, they get the champ period, no questions asked.

Me personally, I've never really seen the point of having a tournament title. They seem to take forever to be built since they can be defended but once a year. Then you'll also run in to the situation of if you want a triangle or four way match, how do you work it in? In a rumble you could say both guy's feet hit the ground at the same time. In a ladder, only one person gets that case or belt or whatever.

Archived