The realism level is vital as there's too many workers such as Joshua Taylor who deliver consistent matches in the 60s, pretty much regardless of his pop, but if you change the realism, suddenly it jumps to getting enough low 70s to make him much move valuable. This goes 10 fold for Rocky Golden who becomes a true centrepiece babyface in an equal pop/performance product.

I have no problems with Taylor in my game with the default product (and 80% ratio). He is a great worker, he should be able to main event TV shows regularly and pull great grades

By March he was pulling consistent C+/B- matches and by the summer he was regularly getting solid B grades in singles competition, even higher in tag matches with main eventers to his C+ pop.

I put him in a feud with Bryan Vessey at the end of the summer and they were the highlight of my semi-main events until I had to suspend Vessey and when he came back Taylor pretty much squashed him into oblivion a few times

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I retired the all action title for one reason. No one can explain to me what separates a title like the All Action or X Division from other titles. Is there some rule which prevents a 7 foot monster from dominating it? There's no weight limit. Neither is there a rule which favours smaller, faster guys. If TCW is supposed to be treated as a real sport to any degree, then this matters. A cruiserweight title makes much more sense (and Reaper's recent awesome render of said gives all the excuse to resurrect this).

Agreed, I retired that title right away. I never had interest in using it, perhaps when the bottom of the roster is more solid and the company grows larger. But right now? I find more amusement in building a Women's Division than the All Action Division.

It is also interesting the dearth of babyfaces at the top of the card. Beyond Rocky, you have an aging RDJ and the difficult Minnesota. Bach needs a god push asap. Benny and Ino could be put there too, but to me Benny is more useful back with Greg Black, and Ino works better as a Muta style heel, with Goldworthy playing Gary Hart. Ino as an upper-midcard heel also partially solves the shortage of credible heels in the midcard.

It's exactly why I turned Cornell face months into the game. There just wasn't a single face at the start of the game that I trusted headlining every week, and I wasn't ready to spoil Wolf Hawkins' title reign. Rocky Golden has a load of potential and that Star Quality is tease, but he needs better Psychology if he's ever going to be a solid main eventer without the likes of Cornell & Hawkins holding his hand. I don't think his stamina will ever improve due to his size, it hasn't moved at all in almost a year playing the game.

That said, somewhere down the line when I can afford to, I'm going to turn Cornell back heel. He continues to get bad chemistry with heel midcarders, and I can't afford to put him against Main Eventers every show. Thankfully I can throw him with RDJ sometimes in a tag team bout, whom he has Excellant Chemistry with.

Has anyone tried giving out to Joey Minnesota after PPV, to see if his attitude improves.

I've praised Joey Minnesota on numerous occasions but no go. I don't even get replies. I even criticized him and got nothing.

Speaking of locker room cancers? I've managed to get Jay Chord down to just a negative influence. Way to go Jay!

Also, after firing Bryan Vessey due to his millionth failed drug test in a matter of months, I was able to resign him. One month back, he has no failed drug tests! Maybe Vessey did see the error of his ways when I canned him. :D

If you get a positive response from Vessey when you finally fire him, it usually seems to push him to the point he'll quit. His steroid use is not particularly heavy, but it just combines with his overtly negative personality.

After toying around in the ThunderVerse for a bit, I've been tempted back to the CV. Had trouble deciding between the SWF and TCW but looking like I'm going with Total. Uinsg Joey Minnesota as my user character, which alieviates one of the major headaches right off the hop.

I try to be stern with Joey but I just don't think I can refrain from pushing him.

He's 29-1-27 so far in my game and just got a 96 rated match against Wolf at my last PPV and is up to 90 popularity.

I might end up giving him the title once the person to beat Rocky (TBD, likely Jack Bruce in a Malice in Chains match) has a decent run with the belt. A Bruce vs Minnesota feud could do wonders for my grades, and I recently pulled into #1 ahead of SWF somehow despite them having more popularity than me nearly everywhere

You've had more luck with Minnesota. Unless he's against top main eventers, I can't get a Minnesota match higher than 70. Not much reason in the Booker Notes either, besides pretty much a Weak Gimmick (68). But that doesn't stop the likes of Wolf Hawkins, whose last gimmick change bombed, and that's an understatement!

In fact I've decided to turn him heel and begin an alliance with Buddy Garner, who has stalled around a 72 Popularity (waiting for House Show notes to confirm they're okay as a team). Was gonna give them a badass team name, maybe even the gold, so maybe a fresh start will do Minnesota good.

Ideally a tag team with a mid or upper mid guy who you dont have any particular singles plans for but dont want to just job. Preferably someone with charisma skills they can help Glenn with ( to carry odd promos, probably in dark time). then just have them go on a winning streak over lower level ad hoc teams, then mid card teams. Then they can compete ( win\ or lose) for the tag titles in a storyline to build more heat and momentum.

He was in a tag team with american elemental, who gained pop a lot quicker and is now being pushed in singles. I've put KC in a team with Might Mo at the moment, but he won't gain pop by losing good match's. He's had wins against guys I've brought in to job to lower level guys, Stink,Grunt, Dread etc. But he's still only 26 pop in some parts. Elemental was way easier to increase his popularity.

He was in a tag team with american elemental, who gained pop a lot quicker and is now being pushed in singles. I've put KC in a team with Might Mo at the moment, but he won't gain pop by losing good match's. He's had wins against guys I've brought in to job to lower level guys, Stink,Grunt, Dread etc. But he's still only 26 pop in some parts. Elemental was way easier to increase his popularity.

Could be that Glenn has a low star quality and\or a low destiny stat in your game. And were these wins actually on the tv show or during dark time? if its dark time, hes only going to go up in the area the show is held in.

Also he needs to get wins over people with more pop and momentum than him. If you are really set on pushing him, tag him with a decent midcarder )( Danny Fonzarelli and Giant Tana are probably decent examples as they can provide the charisma and promo skills Glenn lacks) and have them wrestle and get wins over lower and midcarders on tv, like in the match right after your opener. Then give them early matches on PPV's. This will get Glenn more exposure nationwide.

Wolf is about to return to me and he will only be about 84 pop when he does. He's being dropping since he left for the film. I've signed Steve DeColt and Angry Gilmore just now, So will have 3 new Main Eventers in a few weeks.Going to be nice to fit them all in. Rocky and Joey will slide down the card a bit.

Wolf is about to return to me and he will only be about 84 pop when he does. He's being dropping since he left for the film. I've signed Steve DeColt and Angry Gilmore just now, So will have 3 new Main Eventers in a few weeks.Going to be nice to fit them all in. Rocky and Joey will slide down the card a bit.

Have you been hyping him in his absence? Tribute videos, hype videos.. etc..?

For the first time since I bought this game, I've actually found myself not wanting to play this game. Usually even I have a free evening, I'll find myself playing it non-stop.

I've worked my butt off to get back to National after getting knocked down to Cult because of the US Economy, not my actual results. And one month into finally getting back to National, which led to a brand spanking new television deal, and I'm doing great.

Then my last card, I get a 74 Rating, and just like that I'm knocked back down to Cult. Seriously WHAT THE F***??!!

Worst all, I don't know how I got that 74! My lowest rating on the show was a 66, which was a 6 minute jobber match. My Main Event match (and only Main Event status match) was a 85 rating. I'm just looking at the card, and it just doesn't add up to me how it would end up a 74. All pre-booked matches are accounted for, and I even had a sold-out crowd. I'm just stunned right now.

My little vent before was enough to get back into the game, suck it up, and just improve TCW's roster while I fight through this stupid cool down mode again. And I'm happy I did, cause I managed to bounce back with a solid PPV.

The final encounter, Tommy Cornell vs Wolf Hawkins for the TCW World Title, was another home run. (Last time was supposed to be the final encounter, but SWF stealing Eddie Peak altered my plans, and I decided to give them one more match.)

And now, after a successful heel turn and a lot of hard work, it's time for Sammy Bach to finally get his TCW World Title Shot on the final show of 2013. The dude managed to pull out a B+ rating with Rocky Golden one on one. The only other people to do that in my game are Cornell & Peak.

Sigh... Wolf Hawkins just got injured in my game and is going to be out of action for 6 months (was 11 months, 3 weeks before surgery). He's still world champion too. Oh well, that's the risk you take when you have a worker take a 'crazy bump'.

I would have liked to keep the belt on him but since he's going to be out for so long I guess I have no choice but to vacate it. I'll probably run a tournament or something to decide the new champion. Any other ideas?

If there were questionable circumstances to the end of his last match, have them take ownership of the belt. The tourney is probably better, since you can then have him feud with the winner when he gets back as he never lost the belt. Especially if the tourney winner is someone who he hasn't feuded with.

I've decided to take a break from TCW, mainly because of Tommy Cornell's unwillingness to spend money. The final deal breaker? I just lost Wolf Hawkins to SWF cause Cornell wouldn't dish out the dough. Thanks Tommy!

Seriously, how do you not pay your protege?

Oh well, I think I'm gonna give USPW a try.

I've decided to take a break from TCW, mainly because of Tommy Cornell's unwillingness to spend money. The final deal breaker? I just lost Wolf Hawkins to SWF cause Cornell wouldn't dish out the dough. Thanks Tommy!

Seriously, how do you not pay your protege?

Oh well, I think I'm gonna give USPW a try.

A lot of times owners will hire certain people if you don't renew your contract themselves. Try not even offering a contract and see if Cornell will sign him up. If you have a backup save, I usually keep one around just in case.

Archived