Yeah, something is definitely up with that. Cornell vs. Golden should be capable of a B-/72 at the very least. If you have the dirt sheet notes unhidden it should tell you exactly what went wrong.

Personally, I lower the expected match lengths. It allows you to fit more matches on your cards and it also means stamina doesn't matter as much.

Yeah I'm probably going to lower match lengths, at least the main event. I just wanted to try to play TCW with the default product and give it a go. But really, it's hard for me to believe this roster can pull off such cards in real life with so many guys lacking significant stamina.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, something is definitely up with that. Cornell vs. Golden should be capable of a B-/72 at the very least. If you have the dirt sheet notes unhidden it should tell you exactly what went wrong.

Personally, I lower the expected match lengths. It allows you to fit more matches on your cards and it also means stamina doesn't matter as much.

This is pretty much the first thing I do with TCW. Get those bloody Main Events down to 25 minutes so they're not so exclusive.

Getting guys over seems to be much different in 2013. I had a little undercard storyline with Mighty Mo and Genghis Rahn. The latter was on his way out and had a C- popularity across the board to Mo's D+. I created a storyline, had a match that Mo beat him in as an underdog upset. Then an angle where Genghis attacks him. They had another match and Mo won that as well. No seeming change in popularity for either though. The matches were D+ affairs

Meanwhile I had Josh Taylor lose a very good match to Cornell and he went from C to C+ :)

Getting guys over seems to be much different in 2013. I had a little undercard storyline with Mighty Mo and Genghis Rahn. The latter was on his way out and had a C- popularity across the board to Mo's D+. I created a storyline, had a match that Mo beat him in as an underdog upset. Then an angle where Genghis attacks him. They had another match and Mo won that as well. No seeming change in popularity for either though. The matches were D+ affairs

Meanwhile I had Josh Taylor lose a very good match to Cornell and he went from C to C+ :)

Check in the editor, it might be small increases.

well, if they are getting results that are equal to or lower than their current popularity, I am not surprised that they haven't changed. And as for Taylor, I assume the match was probably B- or better, and he may have been on the cusp of a C+ before it ) i.e only one or two % points, or even tenths of a point, away.

I think main keys to increasing popularity of workers now is having matches, angles, and storylines that grade out higher than your current popularity. Also getting wins over people who have higher momentum and popularity as well.

well, if they are getting results that are equal to or lower than their current popularity, I am not surprised that they haven't changed. And as for Taylor, I assume the match was probably B- or better, and he may have been on the cusp of a C+ before it ) i.e only one or two % points, or even tenths of a point, away.

I think main keys to increasing popularity of workers now is having matches, angles, and storylines that grade out higher than your current popularity. Also getting wins over people who have higher momentum and popularity as well.

Thanks, I was just trying to get a handle on how overness gains are done in '13. This is helpful :)

So I think one of the things I plan on doing with TCW and Sean McFly as head booker is trying to bring in some CZCW guys for sure. I like Fox Mask and Insane Machine.

I want to introduce at least 2 title belts too. East Coast Champion and West Coast Champion (would need renders for the belts) but I don't know which East Coast promotion I would pair up with or take workers from.

The winners of those two Coastal Titles could get shots at the All Action Title or International Title automatically. If they lose they don't get another shot for at least a month though.

Lately I have been watching a lot of old wrestling stuff on YouTube, mainly 80s NWA/WCW to be specific. Is TCW's product based on 80s NWA/WCW? I know some people say TCW's product is closer to Ring of Honor but to me their product is very similar to the 80s NWA.

It's all on your own interpretation, Liquid. Some see it as ROH on steroids, some see it as NWA in the modern day, some probably see it as AWA to the max. Really, it's all up to you.

Lately I have been watching a lot of old wrestling stuff on YouTube, mainly 80s NWA/WCW to be specific. Is TCW's product based on 80s NWA/WCW? I know some people say TCW's product is closer to Ring of Honor but to me their product is very similar to the 80s NWA.

I am booking it similar to the NWA of 1986-88 with a modern twist and without all the Dusty finishes. The Syndicate is the top heel stable (4 Horsemen) battling it out with RDJ, Golden, Minnesota and Covert Ops (re-named New Wave) as the top faces. I don't really have a Dusty figurehead on the face side but that's OK.

I like Fonz, I like Foxx, I love the Canadian Animals, but Tana has always irked me. Even more than Genghis Rahn

What's wrong with Tana? He's like the Rikishi of TCW. Fun loving babyface that the crowd gets behind, he's Samoan.. Not the greatest worker, but you don't have to push him. Make him a guy who stays in the midcard, who people you're going to move up beat on.

What's wrong with Tana? He's like the Rikishi of TCW. Fun loving babyface that the crowd gets behind, he's Samoan.. Not the greatest worker, but you don't have to push him. Make him a guy who stays in the midcard, who people you're going to move up beat on.

He bitches every time he loses. I finally had to edit his contract to shorten it and the SWF scooped him up. Good riddance. I'm jobbing the shit out of him before he leaves.

He bitches every time he loses. I finally had to edit his contract to shorten it and the SWF scooped him up. Good riddance. I'm jobbing the shit out of him before he leaves.

So stop booking him to lose to people far less popular? Any worker will be unhappy if you do that. Giant Tana isn't that bad, and makes a decent midcarder. His in-ring skills aren't fantastic but his camera and entertainment skills are pretty good. Genghis Rahn on the other hand... he gets jobbed out hard until' his contract runs out.

So stop booking him to lose to people far less popular? Any worker will be unhappy if you do that. Giant Tana isn't that bad, and makes a decent midcarder. His in-ring skills aren't fantastic but his camera and entertainment skills are pretty good. Genghis Rahn on the other hand... he gets jobbed out hard until' his contract runs out.

Unless you get an owner goal that he needs to gain popularity or gain momentum.. :p

What should I do about Bryan Vessey's steroid problems? I know the mock firing is out of this game and he is a backstage cancer. I'm thinking about suspending him but he is currently involved in a storyline with RDJ.

Bring someone else into the storyline and have RDJ "kayfabe" injure Vessey, take him out of the storyline and fire him.

I've started a women's division on TCW and I thought a tournament would be great to sort of crop the minor league starts to the big league stars of the women's division. I'm pretty new to the game so is there an option to create a tournament that I could go to, to create this?

Man...it really is alarming how cancerous a backstage present Joey Minnesota is in 2013. I'm just now starting to get back into TEW after about a 6 year hiatus and MAN is it different than when I last played.

I've just started up as TCW, and played about a month...my first few shows were pretty subpar because of the abysmal backstage rating, so I took some steps to correct it. First, I sort of lucked into using Art Reed, who really helps, as my user character. Then, I hired KC Glenn to try and placate Joey. I also hired Donnie J, who is a pretty solid positive influence to have in the back, Edward Cornell, and Gregory Black.

Even after all of this my backstage rating was in the mid-60s. Then, I get a notification that Joey Minnesota is going to be MIA for a while to film a movie and my rating went up a full 7 percentage points for the next show! Some of that may've had to do with Jasmine Saunders and Jeremie Courtney getting into a fight, and me firing Jeremie, which really made Jasmine happy, but, otherwise MAN it's ridiculous what one trouble making main eventer can do to you in 2013...and my owner goals essentially require that Joey be the focal point of the company when he's around.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NeoMetsFan" data-cite="NeoMetsFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man...it really is alarming how cancerous a backstage present Joey Minnesota is in 2013. I'm just now starting to get back into TEW after about a 6 year hiatus and MAN is it different than when I last played.<p> </p><p> I've just started up as TCW, and played about a month...my first few shows were pretty subpar because of the abysmal backstage rating, so I took some steps to correct it. First, I sort of lucked into using Art Reed, who really helps, as my user character. Then, I hired KC Glenn to try and placate Joey. I also hired Donnie J, who is a pretty solid positive influence to have in the back, Edward Cornell, and Gregory Black. </p><p> </p><p> Even after all of this my backstage rating was in the mid-60s. Then, I get a notification that Joey Minnesota is going to be MIA for a while to film a movie and my rating went up a full 7 percentage points for the next show! Some of that may've had to do with Jasmine Saunders and Jeremie Courtney getting into a fight, and me firing Jeremie, which really made Jasmine happy, but, otherwise MAN it's ridiculous what one trouble making main eventer can do to you in 2013...and my owner goals essentially require that Joey be the focal point of the company when he's around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, on the plus side, if the movie does for him what it did for Jack Giedroyc ( aka Rogue) in my game, he'll come back with A* overness and A* star quality, meaning you can use him to get better main event grades, and to spread that overness around to your other main eventers.</p>

Archived