4) Joey Minnesota & RDJ have poor tag team chemistry. May I suggest when a team has 40 experience or more, it's impossible to have bad chemistry? I'm just saying!

That is actually exactly what is in already. You still get the dirtsheet note saying that they have bad chemistry, but it doesn't actually change the match grade at all at that point (reducing the penalty to zero) AND you start to get the bonuses for experience too. I checked this during development and Adam confirmed it. :)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shadowsong" data-cite="Shadowsong" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anyone else had trouble getting Sammy Bach over? He's been putting on good matches and winning most of them but his popularity just won't seem to budge. Maybe I should put him in a storyline...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> depending on what his popularity is currently at, he may have hit his cap. Not everyone can get A or better popularity. There's some randomness game to game, so someone might be able to max out in one game, but be stuck at B level in another depending on their destiny stat. I believe also their Star stat factors in as well, meaning those with a lower Star presence are more likely to cap out before reaching max overness.</p><p> </p><p> It's basically the Billy Gunn factor, no matter how much you push them, you can't make some people a megastar.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dragonmack" data-cite="Dragonmack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>depending on what his popularity is currently at, he may have hit his cap. Not everyone can get A or better popularity. There's some randomness game to game, so someone might be able to max out in one game, but be stuck at B level in another depending on their destiny stat. I believe also their Star stat factors in as well, meaning those with a lower Star presence are more likely to cap out before reaching max overness.<p> </p><p> It's basically the Billy Gunn factor, no matter how much you push them, you can't make some people a megastar.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> it wouldnt be a SQ problem, Bach has 98</p><p> </p><p> though I haven't ever had a game where his popularity cap was low, and currently he is at high B- and rising in my game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dragonmack" data-cite="Dragonmack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>depending on what his popularity is currently at, he may have hit his cap. Not everyone can get A or better popularity. There's some randomness game to game, so someone might be able to max out in one game, but be stuck at B level in another depending on their destiny stat. I believe also their Star stat factors in as well, meaning those with a lower Star presence are more likely to cap out before reaching max overness.<p> </p><p> It's basically the Billy Gunn factor, no matter how much you push them, you can't make some people a megastar.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His popularity hasn't moved <strong>at all</strong> though, it's exactly the same as it was when I started the game (64, which puts him at C). He has a match record of 15 wins, 3 losses and I've even tried having him cut a couple of promos but that doesn't seem to work either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shadowsong" data-cite="Shadowsong" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>His popularity hasn't moved <strong>at all</strong> though, it's exactly the same as it was when I started the game (64, which puts him at C). He has a match record of 15 wins, 3 losses and I've even tried having him cut a couple of promos but that doesn't seem to work either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Showtime brings up a good point - who is he getting the wins over? Who is he in a storyline with? These things make more of a difference on TEW2013 than previously.</p>

In my game Bach stayed at 64 popularity the first 2 months of the game. He turned heel and started a program with RDJ at Malice in Wonderland. He constantly beat him down during February before losing on PPV (via DQ, stable debut) in a B+ rated match. In March and April wins over RDJ in tag matches and multiple promos while RDJ beat his cronies in back to back PPVs, his pop went up to 66 heading into March. At Total Mayhem he beat RDJ in a last man standing match and shot to 76 popularity across the states. I'm currently not far removed from that point but he suffered a minor injury that kept him out the ring for 40 days and now he's feuding with Rocky Golden, and his popularity is still climbing slowly, but surely.

<p>I haven't put him in any storylines yet. The only workers I've been putting in storylines are my main eventers and a select few upper midcarders since it can be difficult to keep storylines progressing each show if you have too many at once.</p><p> </p><p>

He has mostly been beating other midcarders and jobbers, maybe that's my problem but he did have a good match against Cornell recently (B+). Even though he lost I would have thought it would raise his overness a bit, but nope. On the other hand, Jay Chord has had no trouble shooting up the card, although I did turn him face so that might have had something to do with it.</p>

<p>Yeah, on my first go around I couldn't move Sammy Bach up from 64, though granted I will admit I didn't really give him a big win over any main eventers. He was just a solid UM and International Champion. </p><p> </p><p>

I just had Jay Chord commit an incident at my last show where he got into a fight with a fan before the show. Lol, way to go Jay! Thankfully, I picked the right punishment (suspension), and the incident didn't hurt morale. In the end, his suspension actually helped my morale.</p>

<p>keep in mind, to raise popularity, the worker needs to be in matches and angles that consistently rate higher than his popularity. His momentum is also a factor. Usually that needs to be higher than his popularity as well.</p><p>

And also, having worker go over people with higher popularity than him should help as well.</p><p> </p><p>

64 iirc is around a C grade, so figure he needs to be in storylines, matches, angles etc with people who are around or better than that, with momentum and match and angle results higher than that as well (probably in B- range or better) consistently.</p>

keep in mind, to raise popularity, the worker needs to be in matches and angles that consistently rate higher than his popularity. His momentum is also a factor. Usually that needs to be higher than his popularity as well.

And also, having worker go over people with higher popularity than him should help as well.

64 iirc is around a C grade, so figure he needs to be in storylines, matches, angles etc with people who are around or better than that, with momentum and match and angle results higher than that as well (probably in B- range or better) consistently.

As a example: Beast Bathom whas D- in Central Europe, while Oleg was B-.

By using menace and overness angles and using both workers, I managed to score several "B" and "A" ratings, eventually both the worker overness reached the B+ after about a year of working a program together.

Menace and overness are the best tools for a Enterteinement fed.

I had Bach go over Troy Tornado (71 popularity) at Total Mayhem and he shot up to 71 popularity himself. Kind of strange how he didn't move at all for months, then with one big victory he jumps nearly 10 points. It's not like he wasn't putting on good matches before this, as many of them were rated above 70.

I had Bach go over Troy Tornado (71 popularity) at Total Mayhem and he shot up to 71 popularity himself. Kind of strange how he didn't move at all for months, then with one big victory he jumps nearly 10 points. It's not like he wasn't putting on good matches before this, as many of them were rated above 70.

Yeah I found that to get UMC's like Bach and Taylor more over, they need to be beating guys above them. In my TCW game I had Bach churning out C+/B- rated matches left, right and center against midcarders and his overness was not budging (even when he took part in strong angles). It took a series of victories over Troy Tornado and Bryan Vessey to get him to main event overness.

I love Bach though, he's one of my favourite TEW wrestlers and I always give him a push in any TCW game, or any game in which I manage to sign him.

His popularity hasn't moved at all though, it's exactly the same as it was when I started the game (64, which puts him at C). He has a match record of 15 wins, 3 losses and I've even tried having him cut a couple of promos but that doesn't seem to work either.

I find this as well. But it's (as Teh_Showtime pointed out) down to how you're using him. He's winning yes. but he's winning against scrubs. Stick him in major storylines and title feuds if you want him over. I did and he's slowly creeping past the C+ barrier he was stuck at for me.

Also bear in mind that as a cruiser it will take more for him to get over due to TCW's product.

I've heard some people on these forums mention their frustrations with TEW2013, and I can see why. But it's a new version of the game, so we shouldn't be able to jump right into the new game with absolute ease.

But 2 things tonight have really left me scratching my head. I got a great rating for my latest TCW PPV, better than its total popularity....and TCW drops to Cult. I'm so confused.

And secondly....my main event of Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden on TCW TV gets a 66 Rating??!! Seriously, WTF! I'm not expecting a 100 or even 90 to be honest, but a 66? I literally just stared at my screen for a good moment in disbelief.

I dunno man, it was just a hint for myself to call it a night.

I got a great rating for my latest TCW PPV, better than its total popularity....and TCW drops to Cult. I'm so confused.

You were most probably involved in a national battle and ended up last. Haven't played with one of the big promotions yet, but losing a national battle makes you lose a decent amount of popularity so that you dropped to Cult level.

And secondly....my main event of Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden on TCW TV gets a 66 Rating??!! Seriously, WTF! I'm not expecting a 100 or even 90 to be honest, but a 66? I literally just stared at my screen for a good moment in disbelief.

I dunno man, it was just a hint for myself to call it a night.

What were your road agent notes? Also what did the card around it look like?

From what I remember, it was what I usually use for a TCW 35 Minute Main Event match. Slow Build, let it be called in the ring cause of Cornell's Psychology and Golden's is ok. Finish involved interference from Eddie Peak, whom I'm starting a program with Golden.

Card itself was a terrible card overall, nothing really worked out for me, so I didn't expect much by the end. I was just baffled by a 66 for a Cornell-Golden main event match.

Thankfully, I bounced back on the next show with a 90 match between Wolf Hawkins & Bryan Vessey in the main event. Turns out the two have excellent chemistry. Yay! If TCW wasn't in cool off period, I'd already be back in National, lol.

Yeah, something is definitely up with that. Cornell vs. Golden should be capable of a B-/72 at the very least. If you have the dirt sheet notes unhidden it should tell you exactly what went wrong.

Personally, I lower the expected match lengths. It allows you to fit more matches on your cards and it also means stamina doesn't matter as much.

The match didn't say Golden was visibly tired, plus I've had him in 35 minute main event matches before and it was fine. Though I'm sure it has some effect on it just cause he doesn't have the best stamina. (Btw, in a company that has 35 minute main event matches, only 5 guys that are UM & ME are over B- Stamina? Sheesh.)

Golden barely has a poor gimmick, a 71, and I can't do much about it now cause its too early to change.

As for user talents, I'm either a 4 or 5 on motivation. I used one of those strong Creative presets. So I got great Creativity, good leadership, and rest are ok.

It's whatever guys, I'm over it. It was just baffling cause I've yet to have a main event with 2 solid main eventers bomb like that. Probably the first main event bomb with Cornell, period.

Archived